Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Both of those shows are very poorly named, which I think impacts people's desire to watch them. I also think Monday night is not a good night for them to air. But the people who watch them say they are great, so I hope they do well. Honestly, they just aren't the type of show that I would watch so I can't say what would make them more appealing to a mass audience. I feel like they are always going to be on the smaller ratings side because they feel like a niche or cult show.

I don't think winning the GG helped JtV with rating that much, but it did help it get a S2.

Also most awards are going to non-network product, so it must be gratifying for CW which struggles to be recognised and counted as a network.

• Love 3

I think Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is the perfect example of yes, we are right in the middle of #peakTV. Almost no one is watching it, but the simple fact that there were 412 scripted shows produced in 2015 makes it so that the kind of experimentation in CEG is allowed to air for more than 3-4 episodes before being cancelled.

[Which is another interesting thing that's happened now that we live in #peakTV: very very very few new shows are cancelled right out of the gate. They have to be really terribad on top of low ratings to get the shaft. The new normal is reduced episode order.]

And then winning a couple of awards + critical acclaim might give it a second season, like it did to JtV ~-- which WAS last season's experimentation.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy.  Everytime they would drop a pass, I was yelling "YOU ASSHOLES, can't you handle the balls!!" LOL

The amount of cursing that went on in my house yesterday were put the Navy to shame. Between the yelling at the Panthers for letting the Seahawks back into the game and all the dropped balls on Denver's part...LOL

• Love 1

Grrr!! damn it! the last day of my lab is the Tuesday before that!!!

Wondering if i'll send a sketch of the cake to Stephen, Marc and Wendy if one of them will be willing to tell me the name in advance!! I mean i'm making an Olicity wedding cake Goddammit!!

Any one know any reporters who watch the episodes in advance? cause I need a freakin plan B is the three of them will say no.

And yes I know mods this is now unrelated to the spoilers so taking it back to the small talk thread.

I don't think any of the reporters would know... You'd have a better chance asking the EPs and see if they're kind enough if you promise not to spoil (but you should definitely tell me if they are that generous :p)... 

In the meantime could you possibly make different codenames? Or is it going to be impossible (as in directly iced onto the cake)? If so you should make several possibilities...

Question: if you had to draw something that will symbolize Oliver's time in Hong Kong what will it be?

more similar questions to come BTW.

That awful beany-and-wig combo. Or maybe the ARGUS emblem (which coincidentally looks like the point of an arrow. Hmm) Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I don't think any of the reporters would know... You'd have a better chance asking the EPs and see if they're kind enough if you promise not to spoil (but you should definitely tell me if they are that generous :p)... 

In the meantime could you possibly make different codenames? Or is it going to be impossible (as in directly iced onto the cake)? If so you should make several possibilities...

Sadly no, it's gonna be piped on it, and last day of lab will be Tuesday the day before so.. once it's done it's done.

and I can't give her a different codename cause i'm doing it for both of them so Oliver would be "Oliver Arrow Queen" (with each word in a different language: english chinese and russian) and Felicity would be "Felicity _____ Smoak" (done in binary- Which is going to be a pain! but so be it)

I'll try the ep's once my sketch is done, maybe they'll be nice. I feel like Stephen will be the best option to reveal the name.. if i'm nice enough.

A laundry basket. :)

That awful beany-and-wig combo. Or maybe the ARGUS emblem (which coincidentally looks like the point of an arrow. Hmm)

Lol.. I'm thinking the Argus emblem too plus something in Chinese.

2nd question for the day:

If you had to put flowers on an Olicity cake, which ones would you chose? and no I can't do the fern, sadly it doesn't freakin count.

ETA:

3rd question:

items and others that symbolize felicity in your mind from all seasons, that you think symbolize Felicity. I already have in mind: Starling city, red pen, Tablet/computer desk with screen, Fern, glasses(?), syringe with the cure for Slade. 

i'm sort of stuck there..

Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by foreverevolving

Sadly no, it's gonna be piped on it, and last day of lab will be Tuesday the day before so.. once it's done it's done.

and I can't give her a different codename cause i'm doing it for both of them so Oliver would be "Oliver Arrow Queen" (with each word in a different language: english chinese and russian) and Felicity would be "Felicity _____ Smoak" (done in binary- Which is going to be a pain! but so be it)

I'll try the ep's once my sketch is done, maybe they'll be nice. I feel like Stephen will be the best option to reveal the name.. if i'm nice enough.

That stinks about the codenames. Good luck getting someone to squeal. You could just their full names Oliver Jonas Queen in the three languages and then you could put Felicity Megan Smoak in Binary.

2nd question for the day:

If you had to put flowers on an Olicity cake, which ones would you chose? and no I can't do the fern, sadly it doesn't freakin count.

Stinks you can't use a fern because that is the first thing that comes to mind. The other thing that comes to mind is COFFEE is a thing between them, so perhaps you could use Coffea (Coffee Flowers), that produce coffee beans?

Roses are kinda trite, and I think very basic for Olicity, however romantic they are. You could find a flower from Bali that would symbolize their time away.

The bouquet is a good idea, although it reminds me more of Ray than in does OQ. Plus it just had your basic typical wedding flowers on it. That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to practice those, unless you get more points for creativity.

3rd question:

items and others that symbolize felicity in your mind from all seasons, that you think symbolize Felicity. I already have in mind: Starling city, red pen, Tablet/computer desk with screen, Fern, glasses(?), syringe with the cure for Slade.

I always think of her Mini Cooper. I know it wasn't in all seasons - but I still can't pass a red mini without thinking of Olicity.

Glasses are a must! I think her glasses are more important to her character than her ponytail. Hard to put a ponytail on a cake, but its definitely a symbol.

Syringe also works because of the Count.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Question: if you had to draw something that will symbolize Oliver's time in Hong Kong what will it be?

A katana or maybe Akio's ashes.  (so an urn)

For flowers, I second choosing those bright pink ones from their vacation pictures. A nice tropical feel. 

Items that remind me of Felicity includes anything that would remind a person of her Robin Hood poster. (Maybe an apple with an arrow through it)   Maybe some funky ornate earrings (maybe reflected in a repeating pattern) or something reminiscent of her industrial piercings.  Bright colors to represent her nail polish and lipstick.   Fancy high heels.   Nanda Parbat pillows and candles.  So many directions you could go. 

For code names, this is your chance to pick what you want it to be.  Who's going to second guess you anyway?  Or, if you wanted you could be more generic and go with the arrow and the hacker.  They are accurate, just not the final codenames.     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

-_- Never again gamestop. Never again.

Seriously. She's even available at Hot Topic stores in Southern California now, and comic retailers all over the US. I don't know if GameStop was trying to pull a fast one by announcing an earlier street date, but it just alienated a big group of customers that might not have already known they have a bad rep.

Seriously. She's even available at Hot Topic stores in Southern California now, and comic retailers all over the US. I don't know if GameStop was trying to pull a fast one by announcing an earlier street date, but it just alienated a big group of customers that might not have already known they have a bad rep.

Ugh. For reals? Her spot next to Oliver (and Mulder and Scully) on my shelves has been polished and ready for weeks!

Thanks. I'm gonna go to my comic store and/or the nearest Hot Topic sometime this week to look for the Felicity Funko and, if I find it, I'll try to get a refund from GameStop for that "early" pre-order BS they pulled... Or, maybe, I'll keep both anyway and give the extra one to my nephew. At least, that's one more sale for the Felicity Funko, I guess.

Watched Spotlight. Very good movie. Cast was great.

Kind of confused tho at all the praise to Mark Ruffalo. He was great but the only standout part of his performance was this odd mouth thing he did.

Don't watch the Grinder but I'm looking forward to that new Rob Lowe show that's coming out in a few weeks, You, Me and The Apocolypse.  Pretty Sure they could just put a picture of Rob Lowe in his Clerical Clothing and title it "Father What a Waste"  LOL

• Love 1

I watched Nikita so fast, I'm not sure I would have been able to spot rough patches, but I feel like if there are any, they must move by pretty quickly? I found that show incredibly fun to watch and very satisfying overall. Hope you like it too!

• Love 3

Nikita was pretty strong throughout. Something happens to someone which impacted a major portion of the story for me, but the show overall still kicked butt. And Maggie Q is definitely underrated as a actress because she nailed a fabulous acting range throughout the series.

Also the Cw was nice enough to give it a final season and the show enough warning that it was the final season so that I think helped the show. Unlike Alias and Felicity which were jerkd around by their networks in their final season.

If it hadn't been for Nikita, I never would have watched Arrow. Both a blessing and a curse these days.

• Love 3

Back to cake talk guys

I need your help, i'm trying to find either a sketch or a picture of Felicity and Oliver (in his old arrow outfit hood down, mask can be on, quiver on him) either looking at each other or kissing, the sketch needs to actually look like them proper; or, I need a side view picture/sketch of them separate (Oliver the same as mentioned above).

I'm changing the cake a bit and need help!

a huge digital hug for anyone who can locate one by tomorrow afternoon, evening at the latest.

Back to cake talk guys

I need your help, i'm trying to find either a sketch or a picture of Felicity and Oliver (in his old arrow outfit hood down, mask can be on, quiver on him) either looking at each other or kissing, the sketch needs to actually look like them proper; or, I need a side view picture/sketch of them separate (Oliver the same as mentioned above).

a huge digital hug for anyone who can locate one by tomorrow afternoon, evening at the latest.

Would this work? 

tumblr_mycsceLn1v1qao5j6o1_500.jpg

(from this Tumblr)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Back to cake talk guys

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/ff/28/9cff28943ef537bcf9ae762312f03571.jpg Edited by Delphi

Back to cake talk guys

If you still need Felicity's codename. You should ask someone on twitter who's at HVFF right now and are going to the knocking point party to ask SA or JB... 

I know this isn't what you're looking for but I just really like this sketch lol

50e3b32ef6eb5c45a23df0ba5bc40739.jpg

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Resident Evil 5 or 12 or whatever is on. I like Milla so tend to watch them, and I'm always left thinking that these people have to be SO TIRED. They never even get to sit down for more than a few minutes, and every movie ends with the next threat approaching, so there's not even a break between crises when there's a break between movies. They have to be dying for a week off.

For those of you enduring the Snowpocalypse here in the US - hope you are all safe and warm. 30 inches here and still coming down…

Funny, i'm in New England (RI to be accurate) and contrary to normal this one hasn't hit us as badly as we normally get hit. It is a bit funny to see the southern states hit with so much snow and how they are handling it, I mean sure we have like 20 inches of snow but everything is still open and working (though they have initiated a parking ban in my city), Hack I even just got back from work! with a bottle of wine too.

And thank you all for the links and sketches, if you can think of any side view scenes where Oliver (showing his left side if possible) is still in his arrow suit with the quiver strap on talking with Felicity that would be useful. You know, I always knew Arrow had dark colors but damn! you really notice it when you are trying to find a well light screen cap and.. you're falling short!.

Edited by foreverevolving