Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I like Daniel and Vala too!  (Much more than I like Daniel Shanks current love interest on Saving Hope, Erica Durrance.)  Vala's line looking at Daniel and Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) snarking about the Earth's limited gene pool was great.   And we did get an alternate timeline for them, which was more than we got for Sam and Jack after all those years.

In the media thread there's a link to a Forbes article.  One of the recommended articles from there is an article on the Congress ban on CDC scientists studying to see if there is a relationship between gun ownership and gun violence.  It surprised me because I did not know there was an actual ban on studying it and as a researcher, I'm kind of shocked. 

(The author must be smart,she has PhDs in both chemistry and philosophy.)  She concludes: "If you are confident gun ownership has no causal connection to gun violence, either show us the study that underwrites your confidence or let researchers do the studies that may vindicate your belief."

• Love 3

Moving some of the discussion from Golden Arrow, did anyone ship Danny and Lindsey from CSI:NY?

I was more or less shipping Mac and Stella on the long term and 100% shipping Flack and Angell...Then, as you can imagine, I stopped watching. But I liked Danny and Lindsey, and I hope for their fans they had a better ending.

Most of my favorite couples are oldies (betraying my age, again):

Mike and Julie on V. I loved how she was more the smart and rational one whereas he was the more emotional, "think with my heart" one. It was a pretty daring inversion, imo, for the early/mid-80's.

Devon and Jack, on a show no one remembers but me (and maybe other Gary Cole fans) "Midnight Caller". You could cut the UST with a knife and they were friends and confidantes, too.

Audrey and Cooper, on Twin Peaks. She was so smitten with him and he was such a modern Ichabod Crane. I loved when he broke all his rules to save her. Thankfully, there was no internet when I was 15-16, because I would have been a crazy, crazy online shipper for those two in particular.

Of course, I was a huge, huge, Mulder/Scully shipper. My favorite shippy moment was in "Irresistible" and I think it's still my favorite episode of all times. The hug at the end, awww. Although the making-out session in the finale is still making me insanely happy.

I also shipped Reyes and Doggett (I am one of the proud, I don't know, ten Reyes fans on the net?).

• Love 1

I was more or less shipping Mac and Stella on the long term and 100% shipping Flack and Angell...Then, as you can imagine, I stopped watching. But I liked Danny and Lindsey, and I hope for their fans they had a better ending.

Yeah I was more of a Mac and Stella shipper myself. Not so much as an OTP...I liked several of Mac's other relationships. But I was mainly there for Stella, and I think I only watched a couple of episodes after MK left. And yeah, that was terribly sad when they killed Angell off - she and Flack were so good together.

I'm slowly remembering a few more moments as I flip through my mental Rolodex of couples. ;)

Lois and Clark from The New Adventures. There were two moments with them that I always remember, although I can't remember the episode names. One was at the end of the episode where she thought Clark had been killed, and then he comes back. The other was a Christmas episode where they're standing together at the window watching the snow, and she lays her head on his shoulder, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is playing.

• Love 2

Years from now will I be remembering O/F first time as much as I remember Sydney & Vaughn's first kiss? 

OMG, the two of them seeing each other across the destroyed ruins of SD-6? And then that kiss? I was so dead. Funnily enough, my hometown team, the Bucs, won the Super Bowl that night. My family and I were going crazy and I was so excited -- until I realized the post-Super Bowl episode of Alias was going to be delayed due to local coverage of the victory. I was spoiled about the kiss, so I was in a total state over not being able to watch it immediately. But it was worth the wait. *happy sigh* Olicity is the only couple I've ever shipped more than Sydney and Vaughn.

I think the exception is Veronica Mars, because the Camelot kiss, yes, please.

I think I got carpal tunnel syndrome from rewinding my DVR to watch that scene over and over. I'm so glad I was spoiler free for that. It was one of the best unexpected moments in my entire TV watching life.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4

I also shipped Reyes and Doggett (I am one of the proud, I don't know, ten Reyes fans on the net?).

I had them coupled up in my head too.  It was a mild interest but any interest counts.  (On a side note, I thought they were good "replacements" for Mulder and Scully since they were actually not clones in the least and had the show been totally rebooted and officially started over, I think they could have continued a new X-files series but not making that clean break, made it all too easy to negatively compare. 

Much more than I like Daniel Shanks current love interest on Saving Hope, Erica Durrance

I ADORE Michael Shanks but there was no way I could watch Saving Hope with Erica Durance's acting.  Too many very bad memories.  MS already got credit/blame for getting me to watch Smallville again after I'd quit at the end of season eight.

Lois and Clark from The New Adventures. There were two moments with them that I always remember, although I can't remember the episode names.

Lois and Clark were soo cuddly even during their friendzone time.   Managed to make out a few times  before they ever left the zone too.  Under cover and mind whammies are great excuses.  I think their first kiss was them staked out in the honeymoon suite and Clark tossing Lois down on the bed, using a very hot kiss as a distraction so the maid didn't see all their spying equipment.  Yummy stuff. 

I think the exception is Veronica Mars, because the Camelot kiss, yes, please

I had a friend that I loaned my VMars DVD's to and told her that there was going to be a character in the first episode that she would despise but would come to be a favorite and she watched and ranted up and down that there was no way, no way that she'd change her mind.  (It didn't even have to tell her who)

She changed her mind.  :D

Oddly enough, had the series not been canceled, we wouldn't have had the kind of closure for the series that we got.  They realistically needed to grow up and fix their own crap before they had a real shot at being together.  Delayed gratification is worth it sometimes.  

It surprised me because I did not know there was an actual ban on studying it and as a researcher, I'm kind of shocked.

There are bans on studying all kinds of things related to guns.  Even knowing certain statistics.  It's a crazy situation. 

• Love 1

I think we wouldn't have got Veronica/Logan closure either if there hadn't been crowdsourcing.  The DVD extra that they shot about all the people who contributed is pretty special.

There are some good things about the times we live in.

• Love 1

I didn't even watch Veronica Mars, but I contributed a very small amount to the Crowdsourcing for the VM movie. I liked the idea of fans being able to pay for what they wanted. If I'm bring honest, I was hoping it might inspire the Chuck movie to actually become more than an idea that keeps getting tossed around.

• Love 3

I didn't even watch Veronica Mars, but I contributed a very small amount to the Crowdsourcing for the VM movie. I liked the idea of fans being able to pay for what they wanted. If I'm bring honest, I was hoping it might inspire the Chuck movie to actually become more than an idea that keeps getting tossed around.

Took a lot of talking before they figured out how to get permission to make a VM movie.  The show creators don't own the rights.  I takes probably a lot of persistence and hype over time but knock on wood, anything can happen. 

I do forget that Chuck ended on a uncertain note since I promptly rewrote the ending in my head, adding in a "true love's kiss restores memory" troupe.  Apparently I have a very vivid imagination.    ;)

• Love 1

Took a lot of talking before they figured out how to get permission to make a VM movie.  The show creators don't own the rights.  I takes probably a lot of persistence and hype over time but knock on wood, anything can happen. 

I do forget that Chuck ended on a uncertain note since I promptly rewrote the ending in my head, adding in a "true love's kiss restores memory" troupe.  Apparently I have a very vivid imagination.    ;)

No, I think that is the growing consensus from most fans of the show. Myself included. :)

Part of me hates the way they ended it. Now that more time has passed I did love it in a way, because its open for interpretation and most importantly for more stories. It wasn't a perfect ending. But it was so beautifully symmetrical to the pilot with the moment on the beach, that you had to believe that true love won out in the end. And even, if she doesn't remember the details they will work their way back to each other because that love does not disappear.

I had them coupled up in my head too.  It was a mild interest but any interest counts.  (On a side note, I thought they were good "replacements" for Mulder and Scully since they were actually not clones in the least and had the show been totally rebooted and officially started over, I think they could have continued a new X-files series but not making that clean break, made it all too easy to negatively compare. 

I worked for me indeed because they weren't clones. I would have been "offended" if they had tried to create Mulder and Scully-lite. That's why I never compared -above all because D.Duchovny had made the decision to leave so the writers had to deal with the aftermath. The episodes were the four work together are among my favorite.

I had lots of fun watching Lois and Clark, too. The first two seasons were great romantic comedy and it didn't get sappy (to me, at least).

One of those huge "ship moments" I'll never forget happened on Guiding Light in the '80s--Reva and Josh's fountain scene. Any other GL fans still around? I was still a youngster then, but I watched GL every day after school with my grandma. In the summers, we'd watch all four CBS soaps, and I remember the short-lived Capital, which predated The Bold and Beautiful.

It's so weird to think that I watched several generations of families on soaps because I started so young. It probably helped that I aged at the normal rate, whereas soap kids could come back from summer camp as adults!

ETA: I found the video on YouTube! It's soooooo angsty and 0% romantic, but my little 9-YO self desperately wanted Reva to divorce Josh's dad so they could be together. Reva was the ultimate sibling swapper, but only after starting with the dad. Ewww.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=366qDdlKZsE

Edited by EmeraldArcher

I was also a huge Mulder/Scully shipper.  IIRC, at the time the Mulder & Scully dynamic was new to TV (male believer, female skeptic), but now I see so many clones of them on TV, and so many attempted Scully clones.  As for shipper moments, I keep remembering their dance at the end of the "Post-Modern Prometheus" episode:

I actually haven't shipped that many TV couples.  I mean, I've had a lot of couple preferences, but in a kinda lukewarm way. I kinda shipped Veronica & Logan, but only because of the alternatives (Duncan! Piz!), and I also thought Logan needed some therapy first.

In terms of feeling really invested in a TV couple and wanting the best outcome for them, to the extent of following spoilers and plot developments, I would say that Mulder & Scully were my first ship. Then I felt the same way about John & Aeryn in Farscape.  Since then, I think Oliver & Felicity is the first TV couple I've shipped that much.  What's the commonality?  These three couples balance each other out (like yin and yang) and make each other better.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I'm also having trouble trying to remember my favorite shippy moments, and even more, most of the show I watched. But the ones that do come to mind at the moment are:

Syd/Vaughn kissing in that prison, thinking they were about to die;

Daniel signing that form for Betty in the series finale of Ugly Betty;

Michael telling an uncoscious Nikita that the things he told her weren't all lies in 'La femme Nikita'.

• Love 1

More on MacGyver remake...

‘MacGyver' Remake Series in the Works! Release Date, Cast, Plot & Everything We Know So Far Here!

By Staff Reporter  First Posted: Oct 04, 2015 03:13 AM EDT
http://www.latinospost.com/articles/74471/20151004/macgyver-remake-series-works-release-date-cast-plot-everything-know.htm

However, original MacGyver actor Richard Dean Anderson has earlier expressed his objection about the planned series. The veteran actor thinks that with the advanced technology at present, it will be hard to believe that a man would still rely on his practical knowledge when solving problems. Everybody now has a mobile phone, Anderson said as way of example.

"So for MacGyver to probably not have one and have to fashion one is kind of iffy. He's smart guy, he'd be smart enough to have a cell phone," Anderson said as quoted by Stuff.co.nz. Anderson however noted that if the "MacGyver" remake will feature him as he is now - "older, got graying hair, overweight by 20 pounds, slower and clumsy" - then he is on board.

It seemed fans will not be seeing the original guy after all. According to Deadline, the "MacGyver" series will have a younger protagonist, ten years younger than the protagonist of the 1985 series. The Angus MacGyver that fans will get to watch is a twenty something guy in college, it revealed.

The story may actually focus on MacGyver's days as a college student. Fans will see how he develops his skill and wits of coming up with the most exceptional yet practical solutions to problems that he encounters. He will then be recruited into the underground organization where he will put his knacks into much bigger purpose.

Director Wan always had a young MacGyver in mind ever since he was first asked to do a "MacGyver" film back in 2012. He however had to let go of the project at the time to make "Furious 7."

In an interview with Crave Online in March, Wan revealed that he had always conceptualized a young MacGyver who is studying college in Boston. The character is smart but could never fit in the academe. At one point, this MacGyver had invented something that both the bad men and the good men wanted. However, his invention landed on bad hands and had it weaponized. Everybody will come after MacGyver. The supposed movie will be like the "'Enemy of the State,' if Will Smith had the brains of MacGyver," Wan said.

Edited by tv echo

If you're going to reboot Mcgyver, reboot it and stick to the same approximate age. Otherwise make up an "original show" and use the tag line, like Mcgyver if he was in his twenties and in college. I suspect they will turn away as many people as they attract using the know name. Do twenty somethings even know what Mcgyver is? Mcgruber maybe, but Mcgyver?

I feel like MacGyver has made it into the pop-culture lexicon. People refer to fixing stuff on the fly with odd materials as macgyering. But perhaps, I'm older than the twenty-somethings now - so maybe its just my generation (the thirty-somethings and older). I think they are going for nostalgia by all of these reboots, so will probably attract an audience. I'm not sure if they are targeting the younger generation. But who knows, maybe the youths will be attracted to the story. I feel like the 80s is everywhere I turn around these days, so that a show from that era might appeal to the coveted teen/early adults.

My biggest concern is if they put MacGyer back in college, is the show going to be set in the 70s? Because that is a hard to keep up & film sometimes. That being said people loved That 70s Show, so it might all work out.

I hadn't thought about the reboot being a period piece. I don't think that would work well if fr no other reason than you would have to first train people on what has and hasn't even been invented so we could be impressed by what he can do (or conversely not disappointed by his little he can).

I could maybe get behind a MacGyver show featuring son grandson or even granddaughter. However, rebooting the franchise with a 20 something college bound MacGyver set in what 2016? That's just not going to work, IMO. Setting it in the early 70s could be interesting but somewhat dated. I say dated because I've watched the MacGyver reruns on TV Land and yikes, they sadly don't hold up well over time.

I think I'll pass. Why can't Hollywood come up with new shows instead of all these Reboots?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Yeah, I would have checked out a son or daughter. Ixnay on the grandchild since pretty sure he didn't have a kid when the show went off the air in 1992 but he totally could have a college age kid now. (Pretty sure Richard Dean Anderson has a teen age daughter right now)

I'd prefer it tied to the past and then letting it go its own way than trying to replicate the past and lord save me from another prequel. That alone is reason for me not to watch. Why bother to get invested in any characters since you already know later he hasn't kept any of them in his life.

I'm suddenly optimistic that this isn't going to actually make it to screen. Not without retooling it as a retelling at the very least.

He did have a son when the show ended. It was one of those surprise I'm your son situations, I think he was 8? 10?

Ah, yeah, I was working off of hearsay.

If the kid was 10 in 1992, then he'd be too old for college himself and too young to have a college age kid. Better to just leave him as an older brother figure. ;)

It really is surprising how difficult it is to recall my favorite ships as I sure was invested in them at the time. Off the top of my head:

The aforementioned Sydney and Vaughn

Michael and Sara on Prison Break

Don and Sloan on The Newsroom

Harm and Mac on JAG

Never really shipped Castle and Beckett and haven't watched the show in ages but their first real kiss after she went to his place soaking wet from the rain was pretty great.

Patrick and Sally on Coupling (UK); LOVED their Spiderman storyline

Jack & Allison and Jo & Zane on Eureka

Felicity and Ben on Felicity

Amy and David on Judging Amy

Quinn and Carrie on Homeland

• Love 1

I loved Nathan and Hayley on One Tree Hill (watched the whole series, shhh). I couldn't care less about the main triangle, those two were just amazing. 

And now that you mentioned Gilmore Girls, yeah, I liked Luke and Lorelai too, but the ship for me was Rory/Jess. Too bad it all went to hell :/

• Love 1

I'm also having trouble trying to remember my favorite shippy moments, and even more, most of the show I watched. But the ones that do come to mind at the moment are:

Syd/Vaughn kissing in that prison, thinking they were about to die;

Daniel signing that form for Betty in the series finale of Ugly Betty;

Michael telling an uncoscious Nikita that the things he told her weren't all lies in 'La femme Nikita'.

That was good scene!

I only have a handful of ships I strongly remember specific scenes:

Doug and Carol on ER (almost every major and some minor scene .. it's a super long list!)

Donna and Josh on The West Wing (the scene leading to their first time was epic!)

Brandon and Kelly on 90210!

Ugly Betty, When Daniel shows up in London.

Rita and Chris first time on Silk Stalkings- now that was a hot scene!

• Love 1

Donna and Josh were an amazing couple to ship. How they went so many seasons without consummating their attraction but always bringing the heat was a testament to quality writing & acting.

Fav scenes of them besides their first time, was the hotel card slip on the campaign trail (talk about ship blocking at its meanest); when he tells her he "misses her everyday", but still can't hire her. How she consoles him after Leo & other tragedies throughout the show.

Or when Josh tells Donna he wouldn't stop for a beer. And Donna replies Josh, I wouldn't have stopped for red lights. In reference to her story of her ex-bf who stopped for a beer on the way to see her after an accident years ago.

Or just about every time Josh looked at her longingly, said she was "amazing" or basically implied that she was one of the major reasons he was able to keep it all together. Or every time Donna was both a fierce & independent woman, but still her affection for Josh would show through even when she tried so hard to fight it.

But honestly, the scenes that spoke the most to me was the episode when he rushes to Germany to be by her side. He has his guy-off with Jeremy Irons. And then that scene before she is put under for surgery and they are talking via writing on the board or paper (can't remember now).

Most importantly, how their mutual respect & love for each other grew each despite the fact that they encouraged each other to have their own journeys - but always seemed to find their way back together.

Come to think of it a lot of the reasons why I loved s2 O/F was because I was well-versed in Donna/Josh. I'm just glad I didn't have to wait 7 seasons

• Love 3

I hated what John Wells did the with Josh/Donna relationship.  He drew them out way way too long (they should have got together after she was in the accident and he realized that he loved her) but he drew it out for another two full seasons before putting them together in a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. Josh got more time with ex-SO Amy than he got with Donna.  Santos and his wife (two characters I couldn't care less about) got the supportive, loving Josh/Donna scenes we should have had.

Re McGyver:  I see RDA's point that it would be harder to do that kind of jury-rigging in 2015.  I like the idea of setting it in the 60s because there's lot of opportunity for the stuff he did, and for easter eggs to the present.

It reminded me of a kids show in the 90's called the Adventures of Shirley Holmes. The premise was that the great niece of Sherlock Holmes found his things and started being a detective herself.

• Love 1

Today is just a good day for my shows. ... T

Tom's Branson back on my screen, Edith allowed to be awesome!

Wait, are you one of the lucky ones that gets to watch Downton Abbey live? I have to wait until January for the show to crossover to my side of the pond. I am very grateful for BBC sharing it with us, but the wait is torture. One has to read magazine articles with their eyes/ears closed just to avoid any spoilage. One year I thought I was getting spoilers from an American site of Eonline for the upcoming season in Jan considering it was Sept & instead they spoiled Matthew because they were already talking about s4. I never really got over that. Every episode was great, but I watched with baited breath. I have to be careful of your spoilers now :) This last season is going to be amazing, but I think its going to have BIG moments. Its about time for

edith

, I hated her in the beginning - but the poor girl has had nothing really go right for her.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I hated what John Wells did the with Josh/Donna relationship.  He drew them out way way too long (they should have got together after she was in the accident and he realized that he loved her) but he drew it out for another two full seasons before putting them together in a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. Josh got more time with ex-SO Amy than he got with Donna.  Santos and his wife (two characters I couldn't care less about) got the supportive, loving Josh/Donna scenes we should have had.

I've got to admit, I do feel like they did wait too long to put them together. But in some ways I enjoyed it because their split felt natural. Donna wanted more and she wasn't getting it in Josh's office, so the continued split felt like good character development & not just ship stalling. I liked Donna finding herself without Josh, it helped them come back together as equals. When Josh was with Amy, it was almost too soon for him to be with Donna. He wasn't really ready to be in a relationship with her. Plus, I loved the actress that played Amy & their chemistry to me was good.

It's so fascinating to me that the Santos Character was based loosely on then Sen Obama. I never had a problem with their relationship and as much as they weren't my favorite characters. I did enjoy seeing an actual campaign. I only wish Donna & Josh had gotten together earlier on the campaign trail, because it was so obvious & would have made so much more sense.

I never liked Jimmy Smits in anything I've seen him in, it's just something about me.  I liked Santos' relationship with his wife but not enough to make me watch, and I resented that they spent so much time on Santos and his wife and so little on characters I cared about and wanted to see. A great showcase for Bradley Whitford but not so much for the others.

I didn't mind Amy but I disliked the Josh/Amy relationship and hated it from the time she dropped his phone into a pot of boiling soup because she wanted his attention.  (If I wanted that kind of immaturity, I'd watch Grey's Anatomy.)  I also resented that she was back for three more episodes with Josh while Donna was off away doing her thing because I didn't want Josh/Amy, I wanted Josh/Donna.  (stamps foot)  It wasn't until RED that I liked Mary Louise Parker again.

I think it was a case of the producer being interested in something that I wasn't.  (For that reason, I won't blame MG too much.)

Just like Julian Fellowes, who based Mary on his wife so Mary gets everything, money, position, a family, a husband and multiple suitors when he dies and Edith can't catch a break.  It makes it hard to watch the show sometimes when Mary is being so cruel to Edith.

• Love 2

Wait, are you one of the lucky ones that gets to watch Downton Abbey live? I have to wait until January for the show to crossover to my side of the pond. I am very grateful for BBC sharing it with us, but the wait is torture. One has to read magazine articles with their eyes/ears closed just to avoid any spoilage. One year I thought I was getting spoilers from an American site of Eonline for the upcoming season in Jan considering it was Sept & instead they spoiled Matthew because they were already talking about s4. I never really got over that. Every episode was great, but I watched with baited breath. I have to be careful of your spoilers now :) This last season is going to be amazing, but I think its going to have BIG moments. Its about time for

edith

, I hated her in the beginning - but the poor girl has had nothing really go right for her.

LOL, no not this episode, I live in the US. but.. check your inbox :-) i'll explain more there since I don't know the mods rules about such issues.

I never liked Jimmy Smits in anything I've seen him in, it's just something about me. I liked Santos' relationship with his wife but not enough to make me watch, and I resented that they spent so much time on Santos and his wife and so little on characters I cared about and wanted to see. A great showcase for Bradley Whitford but not so much for the others.

I didn't mind Amy but I disliked the Josh/Amy relationship and hated it from the time she dropped his phone into a pot of boiling soup because she wanted his attention. (If I wanted that kind of immaturity, I'd watch Grey's Anatomy.) I also resented that she was back for three more episodes with Josh while Donna was off away doing her thing because I didn't want Josh/Amy, I wanted Josh/Donna. (stamps foot) It wasn't until RED that I liked Mary Louise Parker again.

I think it was a case of the producer being interested in something that I wasn't. (For that reason, I won't blame MG too much.)

Just like Julian Fellowes, who based Mary on his wife so Mary gets everything, money, position, a family, a husband and multiple suitors when he dies and Edith can't catch a break. It makes it hard to watch the show sometimes when Mary is being so cruel to Edith.

I hear your pain. I feel like they were trying to get another season with Santos. But it wasn't in the cards. The show wouldn't be the same without Jeb, Leo, and the rest of the gang. The hey days were over. Bradley Whitford was my fav character so I obviously would enjoy him being showcased.

I must admit Mary is my 2nd fav character after Maggie's. But even I think Edith deserves to be treated better. Their animosity worked for me in s1&2. But after the war they should have become better sisters - esp in light of Sybil.

Edited by kismet

I loved Nathan and Hayley on One Tree Hill (watched the whole series, shhh). I couldn't care less about the main triangle, those two were just amazing. 

Oooh, I loved Naley too. I usually don't root for the good girl-bad boy pairings, but they were so cute I made an exception. And did the main triangle even last past the first season? I felt like it was more like Lucas and his constantly changing harem before he eventually ended up with Peyton. 

All the talk about Downton Abbey reminds me of how much I shipped Branson and Sybil. I was so heartbroken after season 3 I had to stop watching.

Edited by lemotomato

Downton Abbey s3 broke every shipper's heart. I will have to say Sybil's had to be one of the best performed fake seizures I have ever seen.

Edited by kismet

Watched the 2nd episode of Quantico. It was not as strong as the first, but the last 10 min of it were very intriguing. So I'm still all in. And it brought Rick Cosnett back to my screen. Yay!! Why the Flash chose to do what they did, I will never understand. But the copious amounts of running and training is making me feel a little guilty. It's one thing to see OQ constantly doing the Salmon Ladder, I will never achieve that. Though I should probably consider running around a track once or twice, although they seem to do it every 15min or so on show which is a little much. Lastly, Priyanka Chopra may rival Connie Britton on amazing hair. Every scene her hair is just stunning. Consider me with a serious case of hair envy.

• Love 1

Oooh, I loved Naley too. I usually don't root for the good girl-bad boy pairings, but they were so cute I made an exception. And did the main triangle even last past the first season? I felt like it was more like Lucas and his constantly changing harem before he eventually ended up with Peyton.

I think it lasted in some form at least until the first post high school season. I just remember the season finale ending with Lucas making a phone call and Peyton, Brooke and his editor picking up, not sure if it was S5 or S6, lol.

Peyton and Brooke deserved better than Lucas tbh. Never understood why people loved him. 

Peyton and Jake. 

Brooke and Chase. 

Those were who I wanted each of them to end up with :p

And Nathan and Haley were just perfection

Watching Gotham and 2 things jumped out at me. 1 the boy that plays young Bruce Wayne had one hell of a growth spurt between seasons. 2 the girl that plays Celina looks an awful lot like Michelle Pfiffer.

I agree. There should have been longer time jump at the beginning of the season.

Pwople have been taking how similar Camren looks to Michelle since the show aired.

At this point in Gotham I'm mostly watching for Bruce and Alfred.

Ha! I stopped watching One Tree Hill when they killed off the uncle. Haley was already with Nathan so once the Uncle was gone ( who I wanted to get his happy ending) I had no one left to root for.

I will admit to shipping Brucas pretty hard core at the time (I was young). The whole opposites attract, chemistry thing. Brooke was favorite character and I loved how he worked to earn her back. Now? Nope. Nope. Nope.  I didn't really ship anyone with her hardcore after that.

Peyton and Jake. I wanted a reunion.

I love what they did with Naley. They could have just keep Nathan the bad boy, but they turned up into one half of the foundation pair. I loved that.

I stopped watching the show about the fourth season. Only looked in randomly to see what was going on. 

• Love 2

Watching Gotham and 2 things jumped out at me. 1 the boy that plays young Bruce Wayne had one hell of a growth spurt between seasons. 2 the girl that plays Celina looks an awful lot like Michelle Pfiffer.

It looks like they styled Selina after Pfeiffer's gala look from Batman Returns. That hair. 

• Love 2

I hated One Tree Hill and only managed about two or three episodes, but I remember reading about something hilariously awful happening on that show, something about a dog eating someone's heart? Did that actually happen?

I hated One Tree Hill and only managed about two or three episodes, but I remember reading about something hilariously awful happening on that show, something about a dog eating someone's heart? Did that actually happen?

Just one thing? LOL

Yep. That was OTH.

OTH made for a good guilty pleasure for awhile. The best thing was the music and the female cast was strong (Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Lenz, Hilarie Burton).

Can't really say the same for the guys. 

Still can't believe Peyton Sawyer is with Papa Winchester. 

Casting children actors can be so challenging with all their growth & development concerns. Another reason, why I'm not always a fan of kids on shows.

I was watching Orphan Black's special features and somebody mentioned that the time span over the 3 seasons in script is really only a few months. Which I completely forgot. And I panicked a little because how are they going to keep Kira looking the same age? I pray they don't Walt her or something, that would be sad. I love her adorableness.

Dear Arrow TPTB.. after tonight's twist on Gotham you'll have to work twice as hard.. that shocker at the end better be a real shocker to win best twist/episode of the week (Olicity goodness not withstanding).

This week just started and already shit is going down on my shows..

Edited by foreverevolving

Yeah, in OTH all kinds of crazy things happened. And when Keith died, it was awful. They sort of redeemed Dan in the last season, though.

My favorite Naley moments were mostly when she came back from the tour. But they managed to overcome all kinds of crisis, and as long as there was James Lafferty, I would keep watching. My teenage self liked him so much I watched Donnie Darko's sequel, and thay's all I need to say, LOL