Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

ITA...

Is Riverdale Better Shorter? Did Rise Teach Get Worse? Was Legends' Canary Off? Is Xtina Drag Queen? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz and Rebecca Iannucci / March 23 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/riverdale-full-season-2-order-too-long-tv-questions-answers/

12 | We didn’t think it was possible, but do you like Josh Radnor’s Rise character even less after the second episode?

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone seen Designated Survivor? Is it any good?

I need a show to jog to and Hubs declared the Resident as a watch together thing so I need more shows! 

I watched it when it first aired and really liked it. Kiefer Sutherland brings his Jack Bauer intensity, if not the neck-snapping. It's got a good supporting cast, which includes Italia Ricci (Robbie Amell's wife). It had an intriguing mystery. But I stopped watching after the November 2016 elections so I don't know how good it has been recently.

17 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone seen Designated Survivor? Is it any good?

I need a show to jog to and Hubs declared the Resident as a watch together thing so I need more shows! 

It's a mess, imo. It had an interesting premise and an excellent cast, the first half of the first season was great to good, but it rapidly went downhill for lack of direction. To give you an idea, they changed showrunners four or five times during S1, and the show got more or less rebooted for S2 (cast changes, relationship changes etc.). The writing didn't improve, it seems.

• Love 2

I've been rewatching Ugly Betty (Hulu has all the seasons), and I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this show.  Made me wonder what shows other people would bring back/save if they could. For me: Ugly Betty, Pitch, Damnation, & Emerald City. I know there's more but that's what I can remember for the moment.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I've been rewatching Ugly Betty (Hulu has all the seasons), and I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this show.  Made me wonder what shows other people would bring back/save if they could. For me: Ugly Betty, Pitch, Damnation, & Emerald City. I know there's more but that's what I can remember for the moment.

I'd bring back Chuck. Was not satisfied with how it ended loved Charah and I wanted visual proof Sarah got all her memories back I'll have to think of more later. 

• Love 2

Dollhouse and Tru Calling

Hubs and I had the biggest crush on Eliza Dushku but apart from that we loved both series so much and felt like the plugged was pulled just when things got really interesting! I never got closure for Tru Calling until I asked you guys on this board and you told me how it was supposed to end.

Dollhouse had so much potential but they had to rush it and slap an ending together.

• Love 5

The fanboy in me wants to say Birds of Prey because I saw so much potential there,  oftentimes the show as i envisioned it was better,  but it could have been great if Melissa Rosenberg had stayed in charge past the pilot (see Jessica Jones).  Good Lord,  I hate network interference.   I would have liked to see more of Dollhouse,  but even more I would've like Terminator to have gotten its third season. 

Yes, I would've liked the Sarah Connor Chronicles to have received another season. That show was surprisingly good.  Or at least better than the rebooted movie attempt. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Made me wonder what shows other people would bring back/save if they could.

Can Angel wake up and realize that last bit with everyone dying was all a dream?

• Love 3

Never thought I'd see these four actors together again...

Dawson's Creek cast reunites for its 20th anniversary on this week's EW cover
TIM STACK March 28, 2018 AT 08:24 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/28/dawsons-creek-reunion-ew-cover/ 

The cast — Holmes (Joey Potter), James Van Der Beek (Dawson Leery), Joshua Jackson (Pacey Witter), Michelle Williams (Jen Lindley), Busy Phillips (Audrey Liddell), Kerr Smith (Jack McPhee), Meredith Monroe (Andie McPhee), and Mary Beth Peil (Evelyn “Grams” Ryan) — sat down for EW’s cover story and video reunion, streaming now on PeopleTV.com or through the PeopleTV app, on March 12 in New York City. ...

ew1509_2186328197231908.jpg&w=1100&q=85

(Entertainment Weekly)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Never thought I'd see these four actors together again...

I don't know this seems to be the time where all the old shows are reuniting for magazines or reviving their series. They got the Buffy cast together, it makes sense they'd try to get Dawson's Creek in on that as well. It's only Michelle Williams that's a 4 time Oscar nominee. The rest were not doing much.

Edited by Sakura12
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

So Supernatural this week is somehow doing a crossover with Scooby Doo?  Damn.  I have to see that.  

I could've sworn that was last year or something. I swear we were talkng about it. @catrox14 , have they been planning this for awhile?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

I could've sworn that was last year or something. I swear we were talkng about it. @catrox14 , have they been planning this for awhile?

They announced it at SDCC but, I think they did the Voice Work last season and have been working on the animation since then.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

21 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They announced it at SDCC but, I think they did the Voice Work last season and have been working on the animation since then.

Morrigan has it right. I think it was last April they did the voice work.   

9 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

This makes me feel so old?  I was 10 when I started watching this. 

Baby. They were my exact age which is why I was drawn to the show. That is one booby dress they put Meredith Monroe in. But she looks amazing. Not a day older since the show ended IMO. Neither do Kerr Smith or Mary Beth Piel for that matter. 

I read all 22 pages of the criminal complaint and they don't name AM by name but it's clear from stuff they say she's one of two unnamed co-conspiritors so there is stuff she likely needs to be held accountable for but it was also clear from the documents just how under his control and brainwashed she is as well.  All the women involved in the group were basically required to hand over blackmail material before they were let in including AM.  Her's was listed as some stuff that would supposedly ruin the character of her parents, get her nephew taken away by child services (they included fake but damning testimonials) her house transferred to this guy AND ANY UNBORN CHILDREN she might have if she didn't obey him.  And there was material in there that indicated that he beat her with a paddle and kept her in a cage if she didn't or the women under her didn't fulfill their directives.  She in turn (among other "masters") helped gather the blackmail material (like nude photos), ordered them to do chores (that's where the slave labor stuff comes in) even ordered them to go for midnight walks with the leader and do whatever he asked.  It's all extremely messed up.  

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, wow! I thought it was just AM involved in this cult. 

Part of what makes it so tragic is that KK is the one that introduced AM to the organization in the first place.  And only one made it out.  :(  

• Love 1

If Kristin Kreuk started by taking a course when she was 23, and left 5 years ago when she was 30, that's a long time to be involved with a sketchy organization.

Being told to hand over blackmail information on yourself seems very squicky to me.  Didn't they have anyone they could run it by first?

23 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@statsgirl do you eat Hot Cross Buns? Is it a big thing over there? I am partial to one with LOTS of butter!

My sister bought HCBs from every well down bakery in town and took over my freezer with them! 

I've seen some in the bakery section of a large grocery store but they're the usual boring breads. You've inspired me to go on a hunt through the specialized bakeries nearby to see if I can find some yummy ones.

I guess we will never know what was going on with these ladies that made them fall into the trap.

Handing over blackmail information is SUCH an alarm bell though. I would think it's one of the basic things your parents would drill into you was a bad bad bad idea (amongst other things).

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I guess we will never know what was going on with these ladies that made them fall into the trap.

Handing over blackmail information is SUCH an alarm bell though. I would think it's one of the basic things your parents would drill into you was a bad bad bad idea (amongst other things).

Right?  I'm already paranoid amongst people I know, I'm not telling strangers my darkest secrets. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

Right?  I'm already paranoid amongst people I know, I'm not telling strangers my darkest secrets. 

I went off and had a long hard think about this as I have a young child and I'm constantly thinking of ways to protect him/teach him.

I wonder if it starts out fairly harmless and then suddenly they are asked for this blackmail info and in that moment it doesn't seem like a terrible idea to just send something because they want to fit in with these people. Then of course once the realisation hits, it all goes to hell and they are trapped.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, these women were conditioned, sometimes for many years and then specifically targeted.  From many reports, the initial self-help classes the group offered (and not cheaply I understand) were very successful for many people.  Corporations would send employees and that kind of stuff.  They sponsored a visit by the Dali Lama.  They spoke of trying to better the world by becoming your best self.  So they probably came off to these women initially as a legitimate group.

I think a HUGE warning sign should be anytime any individual is venerated in any group.  They were taught this Keith guy was the smartest, most insightful and ethical man alive.  People paid thousands of dollars to go to a week-long party every year to celebrate his birthday (one day wasn't enough for him) they had a special title to call him (Vanguard).  They hung on every word he said and parsed everything out to find special meaning.  

Women that were hesitant to provide the collateral or join the group were made to feel that their hesitance and worry itself was just proof that they needed to join the group so they could be empowered and cured of their weaknesses.  And once in, it sounds like they just kept getting pulled in deeper.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hartley's body type ages better. (And Asians never seem to age.) S.A. is going to need to be careful.

Hehe thought this might amuse you. We're Asian so this made the rounds in my group. ?

dHA68t746iH5bFx1z4PwrPT1X01mE46FebCUgFor

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hehe thought this might amuse you. We're Asian so this made the rounds in my group. ?

dHA68t746iH5bFx1z4PwrPT1X01mE46FebCUgFor

As a fellow Asian this is so true.  We age very slowly then around 60 our age fast forwards to match everyone else. But I do really love the tiny 120 year old Asian woman. Lol It's both great and annoying to get carded at a bar then have them take my license to their manager to see if it's fake, then come back and take my drink order. It's nice to know that in my mid-thirties I finally look out of high school but still not old enough to drink. ;D

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

As a fellow Asian this is so true.  We age very slowly then around 60 our age fast forwards to match everyone else. But I do really love the tiny 120 year old Asian woman. Lol It's both great and annoying to get carded at a bar then have them take my license to their manager to see if it's fake, then come back and take my drink order. It's nice to know that in my mid-thirties I finally look out of high school but still not old enough to drink. ;D

Ha I get the same at karaoke!

Hubby and I rent one of those karaoke rooms where you can sing for a few hours. They card us before we're allowed to go into the room and then without fail when the waiter brings in the cocktails we order he/she will look at us suspiciously and call the security guard to ask about our ID again. We're always like "OMG we have a child at home and are on the high end of thirty people!"

Sometimes I wonder if it's because any decent self respecting adults wouldn't go karaoke-ing =P

(edited)
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ha I get the same at karaoke!

Hubby and I rent one of those karaoke rooms where you can sing for a few hours. They card us before we're allowed to go into the room and then without fail when the waiter brings in the cocktails we order he/she will look at us suspiciously and call the security guard to ask about our ID again. We're always like "OMG we have a child at home and are on the high end of thirty people!"

Sometimes I wonder if it's because any decent self respecting adults wouldn't go karaoke-ing =P

This is slander!  Lol.  Karaoke is fun for all ages!  :D  And yes, occasionally drunk guy insists you're going to sing a duet with him but his friends usually get him back under control.  

Edited by BkWurm1

I've always wanted to try karaoke but I could never get any of my friends or family to go with me. Apparently I need to expand my social circle.

13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Women that were hesitant to provide the collateral or join the group were made to feel that their hesitance and worry itself was just proof that they needed to join the group so they could be empowered and cured of their weaknesses.  And once in, it sounds like they just kept getting pulled in deeper.  

Sadly, too true.  And applies to many situations form gangs to social and work groups.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

This is slander!  Lol.  Karaoke is fun for all ages!  :D  And yes, occasionally drunk guy insists you're going to sing a duet with him but his friends usually get him back under control.  

If you don't sing Don't Stop Believing because some group of drunk strangers made you sing with them at least once then you haven't done karaoke right. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2018 at 7:47 PM, Delphi said:

If you don't sing Don't Stop Believing because some group of drunk strangers made you sing with them at least once then you haven't done karaoke right. 

Can I substitute "Total Eclipse of the Heart"?

• Love 3