Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I'm going to say yes, but in the cutest way.  ;-D  While writing fanfic might have been what put you over the top. 

(This is the part where I ignore the time I serenaded the stray cat with my own spur of the moment made up love song because I had watched a few musicals and thought people spontaneously bursting into song was a real thing.)

• Love 2
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the opening ceremonies for the Invictus Games and I find myself really enthusiastic and cheering.  The acts are low-rent compared to the Olympics but the athletes and their families are so inspiring, maybe because this is their second passion rather than having trained for it from childhood.    Prince Harry did a really good speech too about how he got involved in organizing them.  It felt from the heart.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm going to say yes, but in the cutest way.  ;-D  While writing fanfic might have been what put you over the top. 

(This is the part where I ignore the time I serenaded the stray cat with my own spur of the moment made up love song because I had watched a few musicals and thought people spontaneously bursting into song was a real thing.)

haha I once rewrote an entire Adele song for that dog (Someone Like You) and sang it to him every night for a month because I sent him to a boarding kennel and he was REALLY into the boarding kennel lady and I got super jealous since he's normally cold to everyone but me.

• Love 2

And it made such a good impression on people they should totally follow their example, LOL

Brought over from Social Media Thread, talking about the Ian/Nikki stuff.

I had no idea what went on until late Friday when a friend DM'd me about it. I Googled and it turns out to be total BS. Someone twisted Nikki's and Ian's story about their decision to start a family way out of context to make a political statement.

I'm not a fan, I don't care about either of them but there's truth and then there's this constant SM bullshit that drives me nuts.

ETA: this was in no way directed at anyone here and I only copied that comment because it was there.  I just get easily annoyed with this type of stuff.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

What is the truth? Because it really did give me pause when I read that in Social Media.

According to Nikki Reed in a letter she wrote it was a joint decision they made along with their best friends. They all decided to start families at the same time hoping the kids would grow up together. After the decision was made is when he ran to her purse grabbed her birth control and started tossing them, all while she watched. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Original version or remake? I like parts of both. 

Remake.  I've tried to catch the original but every time I thought I was recording the original it turned out to be Pierce Brosnan in all his yummy glory.

I'm torn because I love the deeper green but it is described as eye clean (meaning you shouldn't be able to see it with the naked eye) but I swear I am hawk eyed when it comes to stones and I'm worried I'll see the inclusion for the rest of my days

Plus I like the cut of the first one............

*wails*

They have a no questions asked return policy and it's described as "clean" which means there are no inclusions, unless you looped it under 10x magnification and looked for stuff. But everything I've bought that's "clean" has nothing I can see.

They "eye clean" is more iffy because I can see inclusions in diamonds that other people can't see with the naked eye. But then if it's "eye clean" technically I shouldn't be able to see it. And it's such a nice green....

GAHHHHH

How reliable are the colors from this place? I don't think viewing a video with random lighting on a non color calibrated screen is going to give you the most accurate color. 

Additionally, the top one is sparklier (more facets) and the video only shows the top view for the second one which is fine cause for emerald cuts (?) that's where you see the flaws but something to consider. 

Also the second stone video borked my phone so now it is my nemesis. ?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Thanks so much guys!!!

@statsgirl I think the first might skew yellow which runs closer to my peridot.

I'll email the dude and ask him how much yellow is present in the first stone.

@leopardprint colour is pretty good from this place. Maybe I've been lucky but generally I find the colours deeper and nicer in real life because they aren't shining a tonne of light on the stones which they love doing for pictures. 

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Thanks so much guys!!!

@statsgirl I think the first might skew yellow which runs closer to my peridot.

I'll email the dude and ask him how much yellow is present in the first stone.

@leopardprint colour is pretty good from this place. Maybe I've been lucky but generally I find the colours deeper and nicer in real life because they aren't shining a tonne of light on the stones which they love doing for pictures. 

Oh great, well then I think they are both nice and you will be happy with either one. So helpful, I know. Go with the cheaper one? 

48 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Oh great, well then I think they are both nice and you will be happy with either one. So helpful, I know. Go with the cheaper one? 

They are the same price darn it!

Hehe you want to shell out and buy me this one for $8K?

Would solve ALL my problems =P

I didn't know they had green garnets.  Though to be honest, that color just makes me think of kryptonite so it's kind of ruined for me, lol.  The first two were lighter and darker so no thoughts of poisonous rocks from space.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I didn't know they had green garnets.  Though to be honest, that color just makes me think of kryptonite so it's kind of ruined for me, lol.  The first two were lighter and darker so no thoughts of poisonous rocks from space.  

Be off with you! That's my perfect green!

Although if I had money I'd collect them all! Hubby loves pinks and tries to convince me to get pink stones. 

45 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I like the dark red stones - garnets and rubies.  Though I know very little about gems.

Years ago I found my perfect heart shaped ruby! It is everything I wanted in a red stone! The jewellery shop keeps wanting to buy it back from me so I could get my money back and basically had a free loan ring all these years!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I like the dark red stones - garnets and rubies.  Though I know very little about gems.

Same,  my sister and I both have red birth stones so I tend to just naturally gravitate towards them or diamonds. 

I purchased myself an awesome ring with ruby and diamond in the band as a consolation prize for having to sell my house a two years back, I then lost it moving again this year. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Same,  my sister and I both have red birth stones so I tend to just naturally gravitate towards them or diamonds. 

I purchased myself an awesome ring with ruby and diamond in the band as a consolation prize for having to sell my house a two years back, I then lost it moving again this year. 

That sucks!  

• Love 1

lol no worries but it was a bummer.   But I had thought I lost a few other items that I valued more and actually didn't.   So glass half full.   I had a custom made BoP necklace made for me and some of my mom's old stuff that I thought didn't make it and found it a few months later.   So glass half full. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Blake is practically A-list, she's had several successful films and starred alongside A-list celebrities. Not to mention she is practically seen as a fashion icon.  

Ryan Reynolds only out shone her because of Deadpool. That is what blasted him to the level he is now. 

This popped up over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread.  I'm not any kind of fan of either of them really, but Blake Lively has had only Gossip Girl and a handful of movies.  Ryan Renolds has been a recognizable name in the industry for a couple decades now both from TV and movies.  Sure, a lot of his movies were bombs (Green Lantern) but a lot of them were big hits (The Proposal) even before his Deadpool popularity.  Just confused where the idea that Blake Lively is the bigger star comes from.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

This popped up over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread.  I'm not any kind of fan of either of them really, but Blake Lively has had only Gossip Girl and a handful of movies.  Ryan Renolds has been a recognizable name in the industry for a couple decades now both from TV and movies.  Sure, a lot of his movies were bombs (Green Lantern) but a lot of them were big hits (The Proposal) even before his Deadpool popularity.  Just confused where the idea that Blake Lively is the bigger star comes from.  

Ryan has been recognizable but he wasn't as big of a name as he is now. Of course Blake is newer so she was shinier to the public, GG was huge on streaming and for teens, Blake in her short time has a BO average of $48,483,041 compared to her husbands $53,036,129. And she's very high on the fashion side of Hollywood. 

I can't imagine that Blake was ever more popular than Ryan. Ryan had relatively decent sitcom hit for 4 seasons 2 Guys, A Girl and a Pizza place, Van Wilder, The Proposal, even though Green Lantern sucked he wasn't the problem and it didn't hurt his career. And now Deadpool.

Wonder what their relative Q scores are.

• Love 2

I need to show off my new toy because I am too chicken to post this pic up on my other forum. I kinda completely knocked off someone's design and copied their ring (they posted specific design instructions as well and I liked the ring so so so much). Now I'm worried they'll be cross to know that I'm running around with an almost identical ring. 

Two minutes into wearing it the preschooler smears his greasy fingers all over it because he wants to "feel the smooth shiny stone mummy." *sigh*

OQ3Zr6e3YtDrB3LSrOnglbwvp5fdGFCZlpWsXZEv

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I need to show off my new toy because I am too chicken to post this pic up on my other forum. I kinda completely knocked off someone's design and copied their ring (they posted specific design instructions as well and I liked the ring so so so much). Now I'm worried they'll be cross to know that I'm running around with an almost identical ring. 

Two minutes into wearing it the preschooler smears his greasy fingers all over it because he wants to "feel the smooth shiny stone mummy." *sigh*

Beautiful!

That's weird. I have a ring that my mom had that looks almost identical to that. It's a vintage piece from like 1940 or something but the band is more golden and it has tiny rhinestones, or at least I don't think they are diamonds) on either side of the stone.

• Love 1

A very pretty ring.  Blue and silver are my favorite color combo.  And I'm sure it can handle a little extra "love" thrown its way from the Mellow-tot.  Lol.  

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

So Wendy is getting in on the multiple projects habit like the rest of the Berlante posse.  People have been trying to reboot Kung Fu for awhile now.  Structurally, it's probably familiar with the flashbacks.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Beautiful!

That's weird. I have a ring that my mom had that looks almost identical to that. It's a vintage piece from like 1940 or something but the band is more golden and it has tiny rhinestones, or at least I don't think they are diamonds) on either side of the stone.

Now I want to see a pic!!!! Badly!

I'm a terror when it comes to jewellry. I've been known to sit and jewellery watch discretely in restaurants.

20 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Gorgeous - I love everything about it, but the color of that stone is stunning.  I love the size of it!

38 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It's very pretty!  What kind of stone is that? 

It's an emerald cut Blue Zircon (not cubic zirconia!!! Hubby keeps calling it a cubic zirconia which drives me crazy!!!!!!).

@Kymmi Thank you! I used to wear smaller stones when I was a youngun. One day I woke up and decided to channel my inner Liz Taylor (albeit a VERY poor man's version) and went for the biggest stones within budget.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh man.  That's rotten. :(  I'm sorry!

Thanks hun you are very lovely!

I have recovered! I think it was the shock of it all! One minute I had this beautiful pie, the next it was on the kitchen floor! I was supposed to eat a slice of that pie while going on a fanfic writing bender tonight! I was feeling rather dazed! 

The crazy old dog has been sitting in the kitchen for the last 12 years willing me to drop something big. Today I did do that and you should have seen the smile on his face! At least he got to tick that wish off his bucket list! Hubby scooped up 1/3 of the pie and saved it in a container to feed him bits of it over the weekend. 

• Love 3

Supernatural spin-off Wayward Sisters casts Yadira Guevara-Prip as Kaia
SAMANTHA HIGHFILL SEPTEMBER 28, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/28/supernatural-spin-off-wayward-sisters-yadira-guevara-prip-kaia/

EW can exclusively reveal that Yadira Guevara-Prip will recur on season 13 of Supernatural as Kaia Nieves, and should the backdoor pilot for Wayward Sisters get picked up to series, she will become a regular on the spin-off.
As for Kaia, her character description reveals she lost her family at a young age. By the time she reached adulthood, she was on her own, completely disconnected from her roots, as she tried to understand a burgeoning gift: In her dreams, Kaia walks between worlds — a rare and terrifying power she experiences only as a curse… a power she doesn’t understand and can’t yet control.  Flinty, sarcastic, and profoundly haunted, Kaia is nevertheless strong and willful as hell — she’s had to be to survive this long on her own.

1 minute ago, Delphi said:

Well despite everything in Australia wanting to kill me, give me malaria and lgbt issues, if that's what cashiers are making that seriously tempts me to move there.   

Ahh yes apart from the whole bigot thing (not our family!!!!!) I think our wages are ok.

Income taxes are high though once you hit a certain bracket. 

But we have Medicare! You should move here if you can get access to Medicare! 

And you cannot get Malaria in Australia!!!! And our creatures do not want to kill you! They are just misunderstood!  

• Love 1

@Mellowyellow The malaria was a joke from Archer, actually referring to the bayous of Louisiana,  where I'd also like to nor live. 

On the creatures front we'll have to strongly disagree,  you guys have far too many giant spiders and giant snakes fighting saltwater crocodiles for me. 

• Love 1