Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I hope it gets renewed. I can't see why Beauty and the Beast gets renewed after its crappy season last season and not have The 100 get renewed...

International sales. For some reason B&tB does really well internationally.

• Love 1

Because nothing says sexual tension like doing it in the crypt close to the heart of your not-dead-wife.  Robin and Regina really don't do it for me.

I think sexual tension is when you want to say to the couple 'just do it!' whether they've done it already or not.  Definitely not Robin and Regina. Wonder why they didn't take Emma and Hook from that show instead.

Yeah, Robin and Regina are really testing my commitment to OUAT this year. I haven't even gotten around to watching Smash the Mirror yet. :(

I just hate Regina. So, so much.

I don't hate Regina, but I do hate that particular pairing. And I'm not thrilled with things like Regina blaming Emma for "ruining her life" after all the ways that she's ruined Emma's life. I guess I haven't figured out whether the show wants us to see how crazy that is, or if it wants us to sympathize with Regina and think that her anger toward Emma is justified.

I think the EPs are so in love with Regina, they want to have their Evil Queen cake and eat it too.  I think it pretty much spoiled the first part of season 2 when we had to see Regina kill all the inhabitants of a village but sympathize with her and root for her too.

Emma's speech to Regina about how they need to be friends because they are the only ones who are outcasts just about choked me since Emma wouldn't have been an outcast if Regina hadn't try to kill her when she was a baby.

• Love 1

I may be in the minority in regards to Regina. I personally love her. I think it's because Lana plays her so well and with so much charisma that I can't help but to root for her. I feel like her entire story is a story of redemption. Maybe in the end we'll see her understand what she did when she was Queen was extremely wrong.

Also I don't mind her relationship with Robin. It's really twisted in the sense that his wife is still alive and Maria doesn't deserve that. That sort of tainted that relationship for me though.

The only two people I truly can't stand on that show is rumplestiltskin and belle as well as their relationship. they made rumple into this one dimensional villain and it's difficult to root for him especially with what he did to hook last episode. Then there's Belle who Imo is pretty spineless. Rumple makes her into this insufferable woman who is so the opposite of the Belle I learned to love in the movie. They're just terrible.

Also the frozen characters are annoying me too. I think it's because I didn't really like frozen but yeah...

Oh and let's not forget charming and snow. They've been really useless lately and it's sort of disappointing.

• Love 2

OUAT is the only show I've gone back too and stayed with. And that is because of the Frozen characters and the Snow Queen. I watched maybe 2 episodes last season. I don't hate Regina as much as most do, but I do find everyone wanting to suddenly be friends with the woman that destroyed all of their lives puzzling. I was never interested in Rumple and Belle and Snow and Charming have become annoying. So I would watch a show with just Emma and Elsa becoming BFF's while fighting the Snow Queen. Those are the only three characters im interested in. Hook can stick around too.

• Love 1

They're painting imo Regina as the ultimate victim but really it's someone who has no self-awareness about anything she's done (and as per the Neverland arc has no regrets). Like finding the author...until this season the book was simply recording what happened. Not preventing Regina from being a better person.

And her and Robin is awful for the Marian of it all but also how they were together for a week and that was enough to wreck Regina. Also...Marian is doomed if Robin doesn't attempt to love her again (the woman who was his moral compass apparently) + ...sex with all the hearts Regina stole and under her father's coffin.

Oi

The only two people I truly can't stand on that show is rumplestiltskin and belle as well as their relationship. they made rumple into this one dimensional villain and it's difficult to root for him especially with what he did to hook last episode. Then there's Belle who Imo is pretty spineless. Rumple makes her into this insufferable woman who is so the opposite of the Belle I learned to love in the movie. They're just terrible.

Belle has suffered because of her Rumple blind-spot...but this season we're not meant to view him with any sympathy.

For acting...Lana's good but she doesn't play Regina with much subtlety or with multiple emotions. It's angry. Then sad. Then happy. Not the three all at once.

She's no Ginnifer Goodwin or Robert Carlyle.

Sidenote: Lana's drinking the koolaid when it comes to Regina based on things she's said the past year. 

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1

I don't hate Regina, but I do hate that particular pairing. And I'm not thrilled with things like Regina blaming Emma for "ruining her life" after all the ways that she's ruined Emma's life. I guess I haven't figured out whether the show wants us to see how crazy that is, or if it wants us to sympathize with Regina and think that her anger toward Emma is justified.

I love Lana Parilla, but I dislike Regina. I love a good redemptive story, and I believe in second chances for people, but she has done some truly evil things and everybody seems to coddle her. It's just so incredibly tone deaf for her to go on and on about how Emma ruined her life when she actually and genuinely ruined the lives of so many people.

Edited by Tangerine

I've really been enjoying the Frozen storyline, and Emma, Elsa, and Hook. And Charming. I can't think of anything he's done lately to annoy me. And Anna and Kristoff are adorable. But yeah, everyone else has been getting on my nerves. (And I miss Ruby, who was probably my favorite character.) I do enjoy Lana Parilla quite a lot - if I didn't, I would probably hate Regina with a fiery burning passion. But even with that, there is just such a cognitive dissonance in how it often feels like the show wants us to see her as a victim, and (sometimes at the same time) showing us all the bad things she's done and all the innocent lives she's ruined. And this romance with Robin is just coming off as completely sleazy. I was ok with it before Marian returned (although "ok" isn't the same as "fully endorsing"). But I'm just not even a little bit ok with it now. And I have no idea where they're going with this book storyline, but I hope they're not going down the road of the book/author being able to control the characters' choices, so as to take away from Regina any shred of accountability for her actions. ("The book made me do it!" Yeah no.)

As far as Rumbelle, yeah, I'm pretty much over that. I think that's one of those things that the writers didn't fully think through. They thought turning Rumple into Belle's beast was a cool twist, and now I think they're realizing that a tame Rumple is really really boring. Unfortunately this is all happening at the expense of Belle's character, and Belle was a character I really liked before this show. If she wasn't one of the Disney princesses, I would say they're getting ready to kill her off so they can make Rumple full on evil again, but I don't know how much leeway they have on that.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I'm watching Good wife as I type.  I DVR'd it.  Kalinda just got called as a witness. 

Pls tell me when you're done with it. lmao this episode is just. Ugh. I can usually deal with not talking about TGW episodes, but with this episode calls for talking. 

• Love 1

I can't help but remember the first season of this show and this other convicted guy in jail that somehow eventually got exonerated so while things look grim...

I HOPE he gets exonerated. But man, I just don't know if he will unless Alicia gets appointed State Attorney and fires Castro. Or maybe she will work closely with Frank Pradey? Otherwise, I just don't see him getting out of this one. Ugh Matt Czurchy did a PHENOMENAL job. I legit cried at the end. 

Regardless, I don't think Cary can last in prison for over a week. He's too pretty. 

Also, I fear for Kalinda's life. While I don't care if she stays or leaves, I hope she doesn't die. 

Castro and Bishop can just die. I hate them. Common factor? They're bald. This show is making me not trust bald people :p

• Love 1

Castro and Bishop can just die. I hate them. Common factor? They're bald. This show is making me not trust bald people :p

Bishop is just scary  (the actor is reaaaaalllly pretty, but...)

I HOPE he gets exonerated. But man, I just don't know if he will unless Alicia gets appointed State Attorney and fires Castro. Or maybe she will work closely with Frank Pradey? Otherwise, I just don't see him getting out of this one. Ugh Matt Czurchy did a PHENOMENAL job. I legit cried at the end.

The only reason I think he might eventually be exonerated is the whole can't practice law as a convicted felon thing.  How would he continue on this show??  Even in the near future how are they going to do the episodes? 

At this point I think Felicia has to lose in order to be able to keep the firm running.  They are running out of partners.   Of course this is the show that I can never predict so ignore me. 

MC did a great job to the point where I really started worrying about his health and mental welfare if you know what I mean. 

• Love 1

MC did a great job to the point where I really started worrying about his health and mental welfare if you know what I mean. 

His face after he knew he was going to lose just gutted me. I too worried about his health and mental welfare at that point lmao which is ridiculous, but a testament to how amazing MC is. 

And I think Alicia may win. I want her to win. I think that it'll be interesting to see her juggle being an SA and a partner. If it's possible at all. And how her relationship with FAL changes along with it. Of course Cary will still be practicing law :p OF COURSE. I'd be crushed if MC left the show. 

Did you cry for Cary Agos because I did.

The dams broke the second that asshole Dante committed perjury to save his own ass because that defeated look on Cary's face will haunt my dreams for the next year. 

The dams broke further when Cary said "Will you visit me? I don't want to be alone" 

T_T GOD DAMMIT. 

Edited by wonderwall

The dams broke the second that asshole Dante committed perjury to save his own ass because that defeated look on Cary's face will haunt my dreams for the next year. 

The dams broke further when Cary said "Will you visit me? I don't want to be alone" 

T_T GOD DAMMIT. 

I was screaming at my TV. No, no, you can't do that. Poor baby and MC killed it in that scene. If he does not get an Emmy for that, I don't know what would get someone an Emmy other than being a former Oscar winner (I am looking at you Kevin Spacey).  

I was vacillating between hyperventilating and ugly crying ... this is what MC did to me and the shock on Diane Lockheart's face! These two are my favorite characters on TGW ...

I was screaming at my TV. No, no, you can't do that. Poor baby and MC killed it in that scene. If he does not get an Emmy for that, I don't know what would get someone an Emmy other than being a former Oscar winner (I am looking at you Kevin Spacey).  

I was vacillating between hyperventilating and ugly crying ... this is what MC did to me and the shock on Diane Lockheart's face! These two are my favorite characters on TGW ...

You know what broke me though? It was CARY comforting everyone around him when he decided to take the plea. That was just... It showed how much of an outstanding person he is and how he doesn't deserve what's happening to him. He is such a great person. Ugh. My heart can't take this tbqh

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo1_500.gif

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo2_500.gif

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo3_500.gif

Bonus:

tumblr_nfj3faQyHZ1rsatnpo3_400.giftumblr_nfj3faQyHZ1rsatnpo2_400.gif

You know what broke me though? It was CARY comforting everyone around him when he decided to take the plea. That was just... It showed how much of an outstanding person he is and how he doesn't deserve what's happening to him. He is such a great person. Ugh. My heart can't take this tbqh

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo1_500.gif

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo2_500.gif

tumblr_nfj1lsFYlP1qiffmbo3_500.gif

Bonus:

tumblr_nfj3faQyHZ1rsatnpo3_400.giftumblr_nfj3faQyHZ1rsatnpo2_400.gif

Now you made me cry all over again.

You know what makes it sadder - despite being this outstanding a person, he was never anyone's first choice.

Lockheart Gardner fired him and kept Alicia, Kalinda would not commit to him and his dad was a tool as well.

Even this shit is happening to him because Alicia decided to run for SA. I am gunning for a massive Alicia fail because she has won far too many times and she uses everyone around her - whether it is her husband, her mother-in-law, Will Gardner or even Eli Gold.

• Love 1

Now you made me cry all over again.

You know what makes it sadder - despite being this outstanding a person, he was never anyone's first choice.

Lockheart Gardner fired him and kept Alicia, Kalinda would not commit to him and his dad was a tool as well.

Even this shit is happening to him because Alicia decided to run for SA. I am gunning for a massive Alicia fail because she has won far too many times and she uses everyone around her - whether it is her husband, her mother-in-law, Will Gardner or even Eli Gold.

Oh man, I hope Alicia fails too. But I really think the only way Cary would be exonerated is if she wins the election. T_T I DON"T KNOW.

I was thinking more about The Good Wife and where it might go from here.  I wonder if Kalinda is going to bring down Bishop and in the process, clear Cary's name but it will come with consequences to Kalinda.

I really want to see that.  :D

If a character/actor is leaving a TV show (assuming the character is leaving and not dying), when does the audience usually find out? Is that something they usually announce as soon as they've decided or do they wait until the end of the season?

I was thinking more about The Good Wife and where it might go from here.  I wonder if Kalinda is going to bring down Bishop and in the process, clear Cary's name but it will come with consequences to Kalinda.

I really want to see that.  :D

I think she's going to bring down Bishop, but she's going to have to do it through illegal means. Then she has to leave the country. I'd much rather have it this way rather than her dying! I think it would be a great development for Kalinda whom I've grown to not like over the past few seasons. She's really been the only character who hasn't grown at all. 

• Love 1

usually depends on the actor/ess and/or character.

for example, no one knew for sure (I mean there were death watch guesses) that Tommy was gonna die. same on Torchwood, no one knew Ianto was being killed off- as i have been told i wasn't a fan back then. Wasn't Will dead on TGW a major shock?

On the other end, when Clooney left ER the news were out i think before they even started shooting the season.

So it really depends on alot of aspects but mostly on the writers and the actor (and their contract- if they choose to leave by themselves).

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

If a character/actor is leaving a TV show (assuming the character is leaving and not dying), when does the audience usually find out? Is that something they usually announce as soon as they've decided or do they wait until the end of the season?

I don't think there's a rule. Using Good Wife actors as an example: nobody knew Josh Charles wanted out beforehand, which worked for the show because of the super shocking circumstances of his character's exit. On the other hand, the trades announced Archie Panjabi is leaving the show because she has a developing deal upcoming, that the studio most likely wanted to get buzz on. So the Good Wife EPs had to come out with a public statement confirming she's leaving at the end of the season.

• Love 1

I think the decision to announce when an actor is leaving the show depends on what the show-runners want to do with that character.  If it's for maximum effect, like Will dying, they'll keep it quiet.  If it's to tear at your heart during their leaving arc, they'll announce it early.

I think the decision to announce when an actor is leaving the show depends on what the show-runners want to do with that character.  If it's for maximum effect, like Will dying, they'll keep it quiet.  If it's to tear at your heart during their leaving arc, they'll announce it early.

(Hypothetically) what if a show had a polarizing character (let's call her Schmaurel Schmance) that they were going to put on a bus to Coast City at the end of the season, when do you think they'd announce that?

• Love 3

I think it depends on the plot.  If it is just a weak put her on bus, I think they would not care when people found out but if they are hoping to do something big and surprising, I think they would try to keep it a secret.  The key word is try.  Stuff like that leaks all the time.  I guess it would also depend if the reason the actor is leaving is their choice or not.  I think it's easier to keep secrets when its just a story arc choice rather than the actor wanting to go or getting another gig.

So just for the sake of argument, if say an actor with a name like Katty Partridge was just being released from a contract or it was being let expire then I don't think they would announce that.  

• Love 2

Gotham is getting so good these days.  I adore what they are doing with everyone. 

Barbara and Montoya are just about the worst written female characters I've seen in a long time. Worse even than Laurel. Everything else is working pretty well on Gotham, though.

Barbara and Montoya are just about the worst written female characters I've seen in a long time. Worse even than Laurel. Everything else is working pretty well on Gotham, though.

Barbara doesn't bug me so much since I just decided she's supposed to be weak and wishy-washy.  I mean, apart from the first two Nolan Batman films, when have we ever even seen Gordon's wife?  Hadn't she already left him by the third movie even?   I assumed her not sticking around was in character. 

As for Montoya, yeah, she's pretty much two dimensional, but then so is her partner. 

Barbara doesn't bug me so much since I just decided she's supposed to be weak and wishy-washy.  I mean, apart from the first two Nolan Batman films, when have we ever even seen Gordon's wife?  Hadn't she already left him by the third movie even?   I assumed her not sticking around was in character. 

As for Montoya, yeah, she's pretty much two dimensional, but then so is her partner. 

If they'd initially introduced her as weak and wishy-washy, I'd be fine with it. But in the first few episodes, they had her display principles strong enough to go to the press against Jim's wishes, they had her tell Jim she would stand by him no matter what, and refuse to believe he was guilty of what he'd been accused of, they had her state clearly that she would leave her entire life behind if it would keep them safe and together.

And then she ran off to fuck her ex. It's such a jarring volte-face that it just feels like they've given up on the character. Which would be a shame, but since they've written it this way, I wouldn't complain. But if they just want some distance between her and Jim so he can have a romance with Morena Baccarin, then it's just cheap writing. And who is ever going to like Barbara Kean more than Morena Baccarin anyway?

So, Constantine apparently is not getting a full order. Season 1 will only be the originally ordered 13 eps. At least they NBC hasn't announced cancellation so there is hope. I've really enjoyed the last 2 eps, so I'm crossing fingers the ratings continue to improve. (X)

• Love 1