Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Adult Swim Announces Summer Line-Up and Return of Block Party Festival

1057395-vindicators-1280.jpg?itok=g2oXR1

A new digital shorts series, The Vindicators, is expected to arrive this summer as well, though no dates have been confirmed. Spinning off of Rick and Morty, the show will run for 10 episodes on Adult Swim’s YouTube channel, and follow characters Supernova, Vance Maximus Alan Rails, Crocubot, and Noob Noob “as they fight crime, avert genocides, and yuk it up without Rick and Morty.”

On 6/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, AnimeMania said:

Adult Swim Announces Summer Line-Up and Return of Block Party Festival

1057395-vindicators-1280.jpg?itok=g2oXR1

A new digital shorts series, The Vindicators, is expected to arrive this summer as well, though no dates have been confirmed. Spinning off of Rick and Morty, the show will run for 10 episodes on Adult Swim’s YouTube channel, and follow characters Supernova, Vance Maximus Alan Rails, Crocubot, and Noob Noob “as they fight crime, avert genocides, and yuk it up without Rick and Morty.”

All Episodes of The Vindicators drop July 23, 2022 at 1pm EST. on the YouTube.

Here are the episodes.' playlist from YouTube:

Honestly,, I figured the Vindicators would get full episodes. I don't know why I didn't think of small vignettes like this. It works a lot better this way.

Anyone keeping up with Wormageddon? Basically, they put up statues around the world and give clues on their locations. Find the statue first, get a gold Rick head. Neat premise. You can see the statues on this playlist.

Edited by Lantern7

"Nobody quits Twitter." Ain't that the truth?

We got confirmation that Jerry WAS switched in the Fart episode! And Rick wasn't from Cronenberg universe! Hell, Rick, Morty, and Jerry getting sent back to their original univeres was a really interesting premise. Cronenberg!Jerry was the last man on Earth and actually became badass? But also still a coward because he's Jerry.

So MORTY'S Rick is the one that killed Our Rick's family? Should've seen that coming. And now both Season 1 Jerry (because of THAT Rick), and Season 2 Jerry are dead (turned into Mr Frundles). Hell, Mr. Frundles was creepy.

I'm just gonna say it: Par-mee-sian Universe is worse than Cobb World.

Next time: We go back to Blips & Chitz! Welcome back!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

"Nobody quits Twitter." Ain't that the truth?

I never got on it. Facebook is enough of a social media narcotic for me.

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

So MORTY'S Rick is the one that killed Our Rick's family? Should've seen that coming.

I'm confused. Is . . . would that me the Rick from Morty's original universe? That is, one he never met because OUR Rick (sorry for the caps) came to his family first? Like I said, I'm confused. I like the world-building and continuity nods (turns out we had three Jerrys this whole time), but I never want to think too hard on the stuff.

I like Space Beth. Like a cool aunt that may also be Summer and Morty's mother. It's complicated with that family.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I never got on it. Facebook is enough of a social media narcotic for me.

I'm confused. Is . . . would that me the Rick from Morty's original universe? That is, one he never met because OUR Rick (sorry for the caps) came to his family first? Like I said, I'm confused. I like the world-building and continuity nods (turns out we had three Jerrys this whole time), but I never want to think too hard on the stuff.

I like Space Beth. Like a cool aunt that may also be Summer and Morty's mother. It's complicated with that family.

The Rick from our Morty's original  universe was one that abandoned his wife and Beth and never returned and killed our Rick's family. Our Rick went to our Morty's universe to wait for that Rick and kill him.

I like that the family really is a "found family" as in a group of people not technically related but who stay together like a real family. The only ones technically related are Summer and the Beths and it's not clear which one is real or a clone!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

The Rick from our Morty's original  universe was one that abandoned his wife and Beth and never returned and killed our Rick's family. Our Rick went to our Morty's universe to wait for that Rick and kill him.

That took a few minutes for me to grasp. I hope this is correct.

RICK: Comes from a reality where his wife and daughter were killed by a variant of him. Eventually found his way to Morty's Earth, which is the one where his family's murderer came from.

MORTY: He had to abandon his Earth after the events of "Rick Potion No. 9"

JERRY: He was a Jerry that had to stay at Jerryboree ("Mortynight Run"), and he got picked up by the wrong Rick. The first Jerry we met was just killed. The second Jerry got Mr. Frundles-ed. If you think about it, an entire Earth (and possibly universe) getting doomed because Jerry freed an alien does track on many levels.

BETH: She's the second Beth we've met. Has a clone running around doing epic space shit. Or she's the clone and the "real" Beth is doing that shit. We'll probably never know becuase Rick is a shitty father, and we're better off for that.

SUMMER: Second Summer we've met . . . aaaaaaand that's about it.

To make things less complicated, I'm choosing to ignore the squirrels bit from "Morty's Mind-Blowers."

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S06.E02: Rick: A Mort Well Lived

Roy's our boy, broh.

Original Airdate: September 11, 2022    11pm    Adult Swim
Rick-and-Morty-_-S6E2-Sneak-Peek_-Summer

No comments yet? Heckuva episode. Teased plot basically poking fun at Die Hard and tropes in general. I think it's a great movie, but Summer shooting aliens while shouting the movie title? Nice take .. . as well as AlienGruber pressing how universal the plot is, declaring Summer "the ultimate McClain" because she had never seen the movie. Best touch: a book titled "The Nakatomi Paradigm."

Main plot: Morty's consciousness split among the NPCs in the Roy video game, and Rick trying to get him out. I'm at work, so I'll stop here.and unpack thing on my break.

ETA: I like the idea of a movement where so many people go as far as cutting their hair and donning yellow shirts so they can unite Morty’s consciousness. Loved “Marta” yelling at her parents that she’s not Jewish because Morty doesn’t know the basics of that. Or was it because the game itself didn’t define that for non-sentient NPCs? Oh, and every one of them had Morty’s voice. Great tough.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Really liked this one! Bringing back Roy for a whole episode plot to rescue Morty was a great idea. I feel for Summer, I'm 35 and haven't seen Die Hard either, but know enough through cultural osmosis to know how to do a Die Hard plot.

12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I like the idea of a movement where so many people go as far as cutting their hair and donning yellow shirts so they can unite Morty’s consciousness. Loved “Marta” yelling at her parents that she’s not Jewish because Morty doesn’t know the basics of that. Or was it because the game itself didn’t define that for non-sentient NPCs? Oh, and every one of them had Morty’s voice. Great tough.

And of course it starts a holy war.

Yeah, I think it was a little of both of Morty not knowing anything about Judaism, and the game not programming it in. 

• Love 1
On 9/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, Lantern7 said:

S6 starts tomorrow night. Here are the opening credits:

"I turned you into butter, Morty! You're made of butter! BUTTER MORTY!!!!"

I almost want to see this be from an ep and not just a random thing someone threw in, but not sure if it would be satisfying or not.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:56 PM, AnimeMania said:

Snowball-in-season-1-of-Rick-Morty.jpg

Heh. Someone cosplayed Snowball in that exoskeleton at Dragon Con a few years ago!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:04 PM, Lantern7 said:

Anyone keeping up with Wormageddon? Basically, they put up statues around the world and give clues on their locations. Find the statue first, get a gold Rick head. Neat premise. You can see the statues on this playlist.

I wondered what that was about and thought it had something to do with the upcoming season six. Was it some sort of standalone thing?

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 1

"Solaricks". They're back, baby! The Smiths deal with last season's fallout,
and Rick and Morty are stranded in space floating in the remnants of the
citadel.

Wow, there was a lot to unpack in this one! I liked it  better the second time I watched it, plus the on-demand version had some extras after the closing credits.  

• I wondered if they had the right Jerry from Jerryboree. I guess we now know... 💡
  • I don't think I could live in a world where they pronounce "parmesan" like that. 😀
  • What happened the last time we saw the Cronenberg Earth? 🤔 It was funny hearing Jerry muse about the monsters being sentient, as there's a universe from which Cronenberg beings fled a world that was transformed into one like ours! 
  • Mr Frundles is strange. Literally. 😱
  • It was very clever of Rick to join the family of the Rick who killed his wife and wait for him to return...

I might have to watch a third time...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Beth selfcest episode! Well, I saw THAT coming, I saw Rick having done it with himself coming. I did NOT see Jerry having a pillbug mode coming at all. I was DYING at Rick's tattoos on his butt. Rick & Jerry's relationship isn't explored enough.

Jerry (and Home!Beth) getting turned on by permitting their love, leading to a selfcest threeway...Jerry really IS like his parents, isn't he? Loved the scene with Rick, Morty, and Summer having to awkwardly hear everything. Hell, Jerry tries to selfcest at Jerryboree, and of course they have protocols for that. Loved this. Yeah, so that means EVERYONE in this family engaged in incest. Rick, Morty, and Summer in the Dragon episode, plus Morty & Summer's giant incest space baby (who's namechecked at the end!)

Is the realistic video game the new Interdimensional Cable? I'm okay with it, everything we saw of it was great. Also appreciated the Kickpuncher reference in Getting to The Street Fight.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

This episode was intensly funny. I don't think I've laughed that much at a comedy in a long time. Most things only get a smirk out of me these days.

@Galileo908 you used the word incest. But is it incest to have sex with your clone? What about an alternate universe version of yourself? Is Morty's and Summer's incest baby even an icest baby? Genetically they are brother and sister, but they aren't really brother and sister, since they are from different universes.

I guess the philosphers will have to argue about this one for a few thousand years.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
  • Love 1

I used to think it made more dramatic sense that SpaceBeth was the real one and the Beth who stayed with the family was the clone. Now to me it would be just as potentially tragic if not more if they reveal SpaceBeth was the clone. The one to have experienced and done so much, to have the greater life and achieved her full potential.

Edited by Fool to cry
10 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

I used to think it made more dramatic sense that SpaceBeth was the real one and the Beth who stayed with the family was the clone. Now to me it would be just as potentially tragic if not more if they reveal SpaceBeth was the clone. The one to have experienced and done so much, to have the greater life and achieved her full potential.

It doesn't matter which is the clone and which is the first Beth because now they are both part of the family. The represent and are both aspects of Beth. I think the premiere and this episode has cemented that. I find it interesting that Space Beth is going through her own arc which Rick has called her out and what he did when he was her age (Galactic Rebel phase). Notice though like our Rick (C-137), Space Beth still cares about her family. She gets Morty the game console, agreed to help Summer with the beacon, and wanted to come around. She even keeps an old family photo in her orbital apartment. HomeBeth loves SpaceBeth (in more ways than one) but admitted how does love her Jerry whom she's grown with and wants to be with her family. Rick constantly says he doesn't care about family but we know he really, really does especially C-137.

It tracks with the Found family trope which is a theme on this show. None of them are truly from the same dimension now.

Weirdly enough this thruple situation is satisfying both Beths and Jerry because they all win. Each Beth gets to be part of themselves which the other gave up and then Jerry is well... Jerry is winning.

• Love 3

Teaser for the next ep:

Jerry snores. Of course he does.

36 minutes ago, Athena said:

Weirdly enough this thruple situation is satisfying both Beths and Jerry because they all win. Each Beth gets to be part of themselves which the other gave up and then Jerry is well... Jerry is winning.

Jerry winning is scarier than Rick not having his portal gun. I’m thinking of this as the run of Doctor Who that didn’t go with the Sonic Screwdriver. Rick does seem to know how to get and out of trouble . . . remember, he got pardoned on Thanksgiving. AGAIN. Let’s just imagine him and the President trying to knock each other out with their dicks, and we leave it at that.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:28 PM, Galileo908 said:

Jerry (and Home!Beth) getting turned on by permitting their love, leading to a selfcest threeway...Jerry really IS like his parents, isn't he?

I didn’t think of that when watching the episode. He’ll probably get a Batman costume for the next time that happens.

Summer and Morty’s reactions to Mom-on-Mom were golden.

• Love 1

A machine that controls your body to do tasks in your sleep. Totally won't go off the rails like a certain box from the first season. Jerry is so lame and lonely that he only becomes pen pals with his Night Person. But that's what ultimately sets off the plot. 

God, the Night People were honestly scary. Was this the show's take on the movie Us? It was honestly scary. I mean, I should've known that keeping Summer awake all night would activate Night Summer the moment she nodded off during the day. God, love that everything the Night Family did during the credits drained all the family's money.

LOVED that the whole thing hinged on doing dishes. And the loss of the Choco Taco.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Harvey said:

This was the best episode of the season yet. Very good.

I wouldn’t that far, but it does speak on how good this season has been.

Before I continue . . . aren’t episodes supposed to be available next day on HBO Max? I tried that on the express bus. Wound up tethering my cell to the iPad and watched on the Adult Swim app.

I watched the after-show bit. Heckuva “shoebox” concept . . . family opts to load tasks on their unconscious selves, and those guys get pissed off. Comedy ensues, as does collateral damage. All this because Rick wasn’t willing to wash dishes.

18 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Jerry is so lame and lonely that he only becomes pen pals with his Night Person.

I think he went with something that tiny after the whole Meseeks debacle. Looks like he’ll be getting pulled into Rick’s orbit next week. “Suit beyond suit” and direct reference to Sailor Moon? Nice.

12 hours ago, cynicat said:

I love that the guards sounded like Daleks.

One of them did. I think there were a few other influences. I can’t think of them, though. Hard not to recognize a Dalek.

I think this is Night Jerry’s IG that appeared in the credits. Nothing is on there . . . I think it’ll be like Jessica’s IG. I missed the period; the result there also had no pics, but the avatar wasn’t in keeping with the show . . . though Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure seems like good basis for an episode.

10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

All this because Rick wasn’t willing to wash dishes.

If only the Smith family had a dishwasher so Night Summer wasn't stuck with the chore. Also, (Day) Rick wasn't even asked to wash the dishes, just scrape/rinse them a bit. His pettiness and absolute unwillingness to concede even when he clearly had the losing hand is a serious character flaw. Day and Night Jerry almost saved the day family but Rick seized defeat from the jaws of victory... only for the night family to effectively suicide after draining all the Smiths' money.

• Love 2

I know I shouldn't overthink this and enjoy , however something keeps distracting me from that.  Were the Night Smiths separate beings from the Day Smiths, or did they take over their sleeping bodies?  If they're separate, how does their exercise lead to killer abs on the Day Rick and Morty?

Maybe I'll just ignore this and simply be entertained. 😏

On 9/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

This episode was intensly funny. I don't think I've laughed that much at a comedy in a long time. Most things only get a smirk out of me these days.

@Galileo908 you used the word incest. But is it incest to have sex with your clone? What about an alternate universe version of yourself? Is Morty's and Summer's incest baby even an icest baby? Genetically they are brother and sister, but they aren't really brother and sister, since they are from different universes.

I guess the philosphers will have to argue about this one for a few thousand years.

Isn't sex with yourself just masturbation?😂😎

59 minutes ago, cynicat said:

I know I shouldn't overthink this and enjoy , however something keeps distracting me from that.  Were the Night Smiths separate beings from the Day Smiths, or did they take over their sleeping bodies?  If they're separate, how does their exercise lead to killer abs on the Day Rick and Morty?

The implication is that they are part of their unconscious as Night Summer mentioned that she was hiding beneath the surface. The concept is similar to the Severance TV show where day and night have different memories.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 6:52 PM, Athena said:

It tracks with the Found family trope which is a theme on this show. None of them are truly from the same dimension now.

Summer and Beth are still in their home dimension. Though Beth does not know which is the original. (but I agree, it doesn't matter)

18 hours ago, cynicat said:

The night person pilots the body while the day person’s mind sleeps. This is why the chase and fight sequence was so fun: the whole time the day people are fleeing the range of the boosted sonambulator, they’re vulnerable to falling asleep and switching to their opposing self. (And meanwhile, the night people are vulnerable to waking up and also switching sides.) That’s why the drones were trying to tranq the Smiths and why the final fight was hilarious: the night people would try to knock out the day people and the day people would try to wake up the night people.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Summer and Beth are still in their home dimension. Though Beth does not know which is the original. (but I agree, it doesn't matter)

They aren't in their home dimension anymore as of the end of the S06E01. S2 Jerry released Mr Fundles on it which is why they are in the Par-mee-see-an dimension.

image.png.aaf9c633ea3da3218ba22edc636b9a22.png

• Love 3
On 9/26/2022 at 5:43 AM, cynicat said:

I love that the guards sounded like Daleks.

Just one of them sounded like a Dalek, which made me wonder if I wasn't recognizing the others.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:10 AM, arc said:

If only the Smith family had a dishwasher so Night Summer

It was Night-Beth washing the dishes. Night-Summer was learning Spanish for her, which reminded me of that listening-to-tapes-in-your-sleep method of learning.

On 9/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, cynicat said:

The Night-Smiths were effectively sleep-walking Smiths.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:53 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

True. Forgot about that one. Even space-Beth was with them at the time.

Did Space-Beth kill her double when they moved to the ParMEEsian universe?

23 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

It was Night-Beth washing the dishes. Night-Summer was learning Spanish for her, which reminded me of that listening-to-tapes-in-your-sleep method of learning.

Nope, it was summer.

pfqhcMR.png

25 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I assume the space-Beth of that dimension also died. Seems a bit convenient until you realise that there are infinite dimensions they can pick and chose from.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, Gharlane said:

Just one of them sounded like a Dalek, which made me wonder if I wasn't recognizing the others.

One of them (the one that cut a hole in the floor to pop up) sounded like Jerry Lewis.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, Gharlane said:

On 9/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, PurpleTentacle said:

I assume the space-Beth of that dimension also died. Seems a bit convenient until you realise that there are infinite dimensions they can pick and chose from.

The whole family and Space Beth's counterparts died from "natural causes" (Rick's words). You can clearly see Space Beth looking at her dead counterpart and burying her with the rest of the family. They ask Rick if it's the same as their old timeline and she asks "Even my stuff?" and he confirms yes except the ParMEEsian thing.

S06.E05: Final DeSmithation

The Smiths dine at their favourite Chinese restaurant and read their fortune cookies aloud. Pretty normal stuff, until Jerry reads his.

Original Airdate: October 2, 2022    11pm    Adult Swim
rm605-1.jpg

Yes, the theme to Taxi does indeed slap.

"Sleepy Gary ruined my gag inflex." Oh my god? What the hell was up with Jerry in this one, but I couldn't stop laughing. I did find it incredibly silly that this whole plot hinged on Jerry being the one member of the family concerned about committing incest. And Rick gave up immortality and controlling fate to prevent Jerry having sex with his mom from happening. A fortune cookie company that could actually control fate was such a great concept. Loved how crazy it ultimately got, and loved that the Sailor Moon sequence got reused. I hope we see it again.

Loved that tag with the zebra food.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4