Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I can't believe we actually got the full episode of Rise of The Numbericons! And it's an episode about Mr. Goldenfold.

I liked the design of the episode, how all the Alphabetrium and Numbericon tech worked. And how the Scribbles were Ewoks and the missing link between the two.

Again, a gloriously stupid episode, I loved it. This was also the first episode Rick wasn't in at all, right?

Fun episode, and we have a potential sequel. I dunno if ice Cube would play himself, though. I'm thinking if the sequel does happen, Principal Vagina would get sucked into it.

Numbers have dicks. Good to know . . . unless you're actually taking a math class, then you'd be screwed with that bit.

ETA: It's fitting that T didn't remember Morty from "Get Scwifty."

Edited by Lantern7

So like Rick to have Bigfoot in a Poke Ball. And somehow the Vikings know what Dragonballs are.

Oh man, that Bigfoot kills Rick prediction came true after all. 

It took seven seasons, but Rick finally fought The Pope. And then caught him in a Poke Popey Ball. Loved Rick gathering the classic Universal monsters together to fight The Pope (and somehow all of Frankenstein's parts made it to Valhalla). Loved the underground Pokemon battle at the end, with Clone Rick becoming the New Pope.

Now this was fun. My only quibble is that Rick already made a microverse a few seasons ago only to harvest the tiniest sliver of energy (the Microverse aliens of one planet stomping on Goobleboxes to generate electricity). If instead he had harvested the energy of the suns in the miniature universe, well, it wouldn't be infinite, but probably close enough for most purposes.

OK, that aside, solid work. You'd think Rick could have figured out a way to hitch a ride to Jerry's afterlife instead, but I think Rick craves conflict so he picked the Valhalla option.

I did really enjoy the whole Bigfoot story, from Morty stupidly opening the door and getting killed almost instantly, to Bigfoot's eventual truce with Rick. Shame Rick didn't put Bigfoot back into a body more like his original body.

• Like 1

"That's Amorte". Rick and Morty venture into Earth-like planet 41-Kepler-B to solve spaghetti problems.

Loved how the second word of the title is a pun for "death" and hearing Summer asking for "par-MEE-see-on".  Oh yeah, the Soylent Green allusion on the canned space-spaghetti was pretty clever, too. I was a bit surprised Rick didn't serve veal instead of Salisberry steak.

Bit of a mindfuck to end the season. The "getting out of The Hole" fakeouts did get pretty old. Also: if Morty was the only one to go into The Hole, why did we look into the Rick/Diane dynamic? And that would have been more intriguing if we didn't know Rick-Prime had wiped her out of all realities.

"Unmortricken". Rick is destined to find Rick Prime, when an unexpected person comes to help out.

Well, that was... interesting, but I've forgotten a lot of what happened, so I was a bit confused by the apparent callbacks I was sppsd to recognise.

Well, that was fun. Man, Marder and Harmon weren't kidding when they said episode writer Heather Anne Campbell has enough darkness for everybody.

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Also: if Morty was the only one to go into The Hole, why did we look into the Rick/Diane dynamic?

I guess the Hole had to build up something to get to the deep underlying fear of relying on Rick? I don't know, this episode faked me out so many times I don't really know what's what.

I am 10000% convinced if the Hole was real that I would not jump in. The guy in the suit didn't come right out and say it, but the way he phrased things, it didn't sound like everyone who went in got out.

• Like 1

Damn, that was good.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:05 AM, arc said:

I am 10000% convinced if the Hole was real that I would not jump in. The guy in the suit didn't come right out and say it, but the way he phrased things, it didn't sound like everyone who went in got out.

There was a reason why there were only three pictures on the wall.

• Like 1

Do you guys have an idea of what Rick's upbringing was like? Did he also have really smart parents or are they average and he was just born super smart somehow?  Would be really interesting to know more about Ricks backstory, his experience growing up and how his relatives dealt with him.

It's weird that the show went on for 7 whole seasons and this is completely unexplored.

"Rickfending Your Mort". Rick hires an Observer to verify Morty's homemade punch cards, but the cosmic all-seeing entity won't stop playing clips from their lives out of spite.

Firstly, that was a clever way to do a "clip show", but to actually include a clip was the cherry on top. I liked how the Observers looks like the Guardian Of Forever from Star Trek , too. When they introduced Churry as something bad Morty did, I assumed Morty would eat him after spending the day with him.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:44 AM, Harvey said:

It's weird that the show went on for 7 whole seasons and this is completely unexplored.

I guess in this show parental issues are mostly dealt with via Morty and Beth and Summer, and much less so Rick's own parents and upbringing?

Which Rick set up the Central Finite Curve? Our Rick? Excluding anyone smarter than him either means he cut his parents out of the CFC, or they're not smarter (or even as smart?) as him.