Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Off The Bench

I don't know much about high-end cars, what was Kroy driving? I know it's not the black Porsche that Kim "gave" him a few years ago.

Also.....why would a chiropractor set up in the foyer, and not in the gym? Or somewhere more out of the way than the entry hall?

• Love 1

I don't know much about high-end cars, what was Kroy driving? I know it's not the black Porsche that Kim "gave" him a few years ago.

Also.....why would a chiropractor set up in the foyer, and not in the gym? Or somewhere more out of the way than the entry hall?

Probably so he wouldn't have to carry the table that far. These people are going to be fucked in a few years like most former NFL players but gosh, for some reason I like them.

• Love 3

News flash to Kim: Better start saving your money. Good for Kroy for rehabbing sufficiently to play this season, but two major injuries in two years is never a good omen for the future of any pro football player.

Kroy's only had one major injury that caused him to miss all of last year. They even said on the show, it was the longest time since 7th grade that he hadn't played.

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see how "emotional" Kim gets when Kroy is cut from the Falcons. I don't buy all of her tears on that video, my Love. Blah

I doubt I will watch next week's show. Security cam lost footage, um I'll pass. Talk about milking something.

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see how "emotional" Kim gets when Kroy is cut from the Falcons. I don't buy all of her tears on that video, my Love. Blah

I doubt I will watch next week's show. Security cam lost footage, um I'll pass. Talk about milking something.

Stop.  go back.  Now watch the scene as if they are tears of joy and relief and greed that Kroy is able to go back to camp and what it means for Wig and her collection of over priced hungry purses.  Seems pretty real now doesn't it ;)

Just by age and performance Kroy's career is not going to be a long one.  And also consider how stingy the NFL is in paying injured players.  This family could already be pretty deep in debt assuming they weren't already with Kroy having been out for a year.

The sad thing watching this is remembering what Lisa Wu Hartwell did letting the BRAVO nation watch her poor husband get a harsh dose of reality as he found out the NFL no longer wanted him.  I definitely think if BRAVO still wants to film, Kim will have no problem making Kroy's professional career demise a long and painful television journey.  And then she can make up some scandal in which he plays the villain if kendra Wilkinson's latest little jaunt into reality tv makes any kind of dent in the pop culture conscious of America.

• Love 3

Just by age and performance Kroy's career is not going to be a long one. And also consider how stingy the NFL is in paying injured players. This family could already be pretty deep in debt assuming they weren't already with Kroy having been out for a year.

I think he gets paid even if he doesn't play. Depends on how his contract is written, but most injured players continue to draw a paycheck. No idea if it's less than they'd make if they played, but it's something.

That house isn't cheap, and they were late paying taxes one year recently. They drive high end cars, she carries Birkin handbags, and flies to Miami for plastic surgery. I guess she figures the money train will never stop at a station.

• Love 2

Stop.  go back.  Now watch the scene as if they are tears of joy and relief and greed that Kroy is able to go back to camp and what it means for Wig and her collection of over priced hungry purses.  Seems pretty real now doesn't it ;)

You are absolutely correct.  Good call Heebiejeebie. Those are tears of joy that she can spend, spend, spend until the day comes that the NFL has no need for him.  

• Love 1

As far as the expensive handbags and luggage go I think Kim gets those for free or close to it.  Theresa Giudice who by all accounts is pretty much broke still carries new designer bags on a regular basis and makes sure they get photographed.  I think it's part of the deal and Bravo lets them do it as part of the perks of having a show.

Last game ATL absolutely killed TB and Kroy had a good game.  He's a good DE and AtL has a great QB, they are contenders this year if they keep playing well.  I'm rooting for them, like I said, until they play the 'hawks.

I can't believe they don't have a business manager or accountant they confer with on a regular basis.  Neither one of them has any real business or accounting experience so hopefully they have someone trustworthy helping them with their finances.  Like Brittney Spears Dad does for her, takes care of business.  Maybe Kroy's mom or dad could do that for them, his parents seemed like pretty together people althought I don't know what their educational backgrounds are.

• Love 1

Neither Kroy nor Kim are on speaking terms with either sets of parents, it was mentioned in an earlier episode. Some of the Birkins are fakes, as was revealed when Taylor Armstrong was caught with fake bags on RHoBH. I don't think they are given them for free in exchange for showing them off, but I could be wrong. Birkin and Louis Vuitton do just fine without Kim pimping their products. HA!!

• Love 4

Hermes doesn't give discounts. I remember reading that a while back when some actress kicked up a fuss because they wouldn't give her a free Birkin. I don't think the true high-end designers give out freebies unless you're A-List Hollywood.

• Love 1

I don't know, I realize that I am perhaps being naive, but the love between Kroy and Kim and their family seems genuine to me. I do believe they really love one another. That's not to say that if they were to go through huge financial adversity, it wouldn't affect their marriage but I don't think Kim only loves Kroy because he plays for the NFL. And for the past few years, Kim has been making her own money (which may not last).

• Love 4

Everything I could find on ESPN.com and the bleachreport indicate that things for Kroy are much less rosier than others have believed in regards to injury payment.  Kroy would have to have put half his post agent salary into a fund for two years to draw a half salary for a single year.  He could also have regular insurance but those are also steep premiums.  I think the bleacherreports figures only ten percent have the means thanks to being younger hugely paid contract players who have gotten wise to the no play no pay option.  Kroy was on the type of injured list that means he was off the NFL regular play rooster which lets the NFL jiggle the salary numbers in their favor.  So Kroy had nothing but his own saved money for more than nine months it seems.  While finishing off late payments for contract services on the house.  Nothing late enough for courts but Kim addressed it once saying they were a month or two late.  Can't remember if that was On cOhen's show or where I heard that. 

I figure Kroy is young enough that his agent would hopefully steer him to the incredibly expensive safety nets for injured players.  But without the money from this show (and I wonder how much of that money is theirs and how much is Kim's) I doubt Kroy was pulling in the money to support their regular spending habits if what Kim claims to have spent on everything the last she was on Cohen's show (or last time I saw her).

Also Kroy is simply getting old in a younger and younger field where he never was a top star week after week.  He was steady in a competitive field which is admirable.  But even the aside bit on the NFL show about the Falcons seemed to indicate that Kroy falls into the after thought area between the starting line ups and the secondaries.  And now he has been injured to be out as long as he was at his age?  Yeah better hope the futures on used luggage are looking good Kimmie.

• Love 1

A million isn't a lot of money. Take half of that for Uncle Sam, another chunk for property taxes, insurance and upkeep on that multi-million dollar house and another chunk for the three full time nannies, housekeeper, chef and assistant. I'm also assuming Brielle and Ariana are in private school, because they were back when Big Poppa was Kim's #1 Sugar Daddy. Factor in their frivolous spending and that million will dwindle pretty fast.

If they were late making payments to contractors they don't have a lot of their money saved for a rainy day.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

Birkins, plastic surgery in Miami, LV luggage for all the kids, a personal chef, two nannies, house payment, luxury cars.... zip!

I wonder if part of Kim's plastic surgery was comp'ed since that doctor is from the Real Housewives of Miami.

From everything I know about Bravo (which, granted, I don't know all their secrets) all of the housewives and anyone else on their shows are not comped for anything. Their homes, rent, cars, clothes, bills, etc are all their responsibility to pay for themselves. Trips that are part of the show are paid for by Bravo. But their own personal stuff is on them. Back when NeNe and her husband got behind on their rent they were evicted. Bravo didn't step in and help them. Same goes for "Chateau by Sheree". I still laugh about that one. Even the husbands are not paid for appearing on the show. I think Momma Joyce bitched the loudest about that one, that she wasn't paid a penny for all of her antics.

The plastic surgeon that did Kim's tummy tuck and new boobs is Lenny Hochstein, husband to Real Housewives of Miami's Lisa Hochstein, who was regularly and prominently featured on that show. I don't think its a stretch to think Kim's ps was heavily discounted or possibly fully comped since it provided great advertisement for Lenny. http://www.lhochsteinmd.com