Type keyword(s) to search

Jana and Stephen: Slow and Steady Gets the Best Wedding

• Start Topic

(edited)

I see that Jana has removed the video.  I wonder if maybe Stephen objected, although she would have surely checked with him first.

eta:  And it's back now:

It looks the same as the first one, so I'm not sure what, if anything, was changed.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

Times have changed! I wonder what the older ones think about side hugs etc going by the wayside and what their siblings now get away with. There's no way Jase and his gf haven't kissed each other based on that dip picture. 

• Like 8

Jana is wearing pants. Front hugs. Wow. I guess when your family so spectacularly crashes and burns as it did with Pest, all bets are off. As I understand it, Jana was sent to the Gothard reeducation camp in the past. Maybe now she is telling her parents to go fly a kite. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are we sure that is Jana and Stephen?  Looks like a stock photo.  Who is taking the picture?

To which pictures do you refer? 

Jana's thumbnail in the video or Jason's montage?

I really think part of it is Jana is older. A 34 year old's courtship even in fundie families is going to look different than an 20-year old's courtship for the simple reason that a 34 year old has more life experiences and is less pliable to the kind of bullshit JimBob would insist upon for younger, more naive couples.

Also, we might laugh at Jana's tiny house (although I live in NYC and many apartments in NYC are much smaller), but that tiny house gave Jana some much needed privacy. She could facetime her bf within the confines of her own room. Hell, they might even have sexted a little.

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Calico Kitty is referring to the photo on the beach. 

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Don't forgot going to to college.

Jana went to College?  

1 hour ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

I really think part of it is Jana is older. A 34 year old's courtship even in fundie families is going to look different than an 20-year old's courtship for the simple reason that a 34 year old has more life experiences and is less pliable to the kind of bullshit JimBob would insist upon for younger, more naive couples.

Also, we might laugh at Jana's tiny house (although I live in NYC and many apartments in NYC are much smaller), but that tiny house gave Jana some much needed privacy. She could facetime her bf within the confines of her own room. Hell, they might even have sexted a little.

I disagree with the first part, in that before the Shiny things documentary and the downfall of Gothard, members of their particular cult would have to toe the parental line and still would no matter how old. I think Jana now has leverage to tell them to F off.  Maybe she demanded money the way Jill did. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Jana went to College?  

Yes, in the People magazine article about her wedding, she said she was in her second semester this past Spring and she's studying nursing.  Hopefully, she'll continue her education in Nebraska.  (Last September, we saw a photo of Jana on campus at the local community college in NW Arkansas.  At the time, we couldn't believe she was a student and thought she possibly was just on campus for some event.)

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yes, in the People magazine article about her wedding, she said she was in her second semester this past Spring and she's studying nursing.  Hopefully, she'll continue her education in Nebraska.  (Last September, we saw a photo of Jana on campus at the local community college in NW Arkansas.  At the time, we couldn't believe she was a student and thought she possibly was just on campus for some event.)

Wow thanks. I’ll check out the people article. 

Just now, EtheltoTillie said:

Wow thanks. I’ll check out the people article. 

They had four or five People articles.  Most of them had the same info with a little new stuff sprinkled in.  If you find one that doesn't have the college info, go to the next one.

• Like 2

So much for Jana wanting a “private” life 😆. Another famewhore, after all.

10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've already forgotten her name. 😀

It’s pretty irrelevant.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

So much for Jana wanting a “private” life

Her life as a single woman was without purpose or meaning.  It was even shameful.

Now that she has fulfilled her womanly purpose of finding herself a husband, she can come out of the shadows and serve as a Godly example.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The one of a couple on the beach with the beautiful view.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

The one of a couple on the beach with the beautiful view.

Ah, okay. I obviously was totally unclear. 😀

In other news, the poll is closed, and we have a clear winner. It was about a 2:1 margin of victory for the winner. Hopefully, the mods will change the title later today. 

Thanks to everyone who participated! 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

So much for Jana wanting a “private” life 😆. Another famewhore, after all.

That seems harsh.  Being a Duggar daughter, especially the well-known oldest unmarried Duggar daughter, she was never going to have a private wedding unless she eloped.  Might as well let People mag take some snaps and pay some of the wedding costs.  Other than that, what has she done that any bride today wouldn't have done on social media? 

• Like 20
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7728.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

IMG_7730.jpeg

IMG_7731.jpeg

The first picture would have been sufficient.  The other attention seeking pictures of yourselves have nothing to do with Jana & Stephen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

That seems harsh.  Being a Duggar daughter, especially the well-known oldest unmarried Duggar daughter, she was never going to have a private wedding unless she eloped.  Might as well let People mag take some snaps and pay some of the wedding costs.  Other than that, what has she done that any bride today wouldn't have done on social media? 

People, sure, but now she’s also posting YouTube videos , apparently. 😆

17 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

The first picture would have been sufficient.  The other attention seeking pictures of yourselves have nothing to do with Jana & Stephen.

So much ridiculous posing!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

now she’s also posting YouTube videos

Her tiny house video got 1.2 million views and her kids' room renovation video almost half that.  If that brings in a couple of thousand dollars to help with the wedding expenses, what's the harm.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

I don't actually begrudge any Duggar child for posting YT videos because none of them were ever given an education or job skills. If this is the way they want to get some extra change, so be it.

My only objection with YT is when people spread misinformation or hateful messages. So far, Jana's channel is pretty innocuous.

• Like 11
46 minutes ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

I don't actually begrudge any Duggar child for posting YT videos because none of them were ever given an education or job skills. If this is the way they want to get some extra change, so be it.

My only objection with YT is when people spread misinformation or hateful messages. So far, Jana's channel is pretty innocuous.

“Innocuous” is how they trick you 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

It was nice having their last name in the title.  Can that be added back in?

Just keeping it consistent with the naming standards on other couples' threads. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 2

Jana posted some photos on her Instagram stories, most of which we've already seen, but on the first one, she uses the song This Will Be by Natalie Cole.  I always love seeing a Duggar using secular music.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jana posted some photos on her Instagram stories, most of which we've already seen, but on the first one, she uses the song This Will Be by Natalie Cole.  I always love seeing a Duggar using secular music.

Their first dance was to Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love." 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Did they play anything not played at her parents' wedding in 1984? 😀

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jana's promised video of her fixer-upper:

Is it just me or is Jana angling hard for her own Joanna Gaines/Magnolia renovation show? It wasn't bad and she definitely has an eye for redoing spaces, but goodness, that felt like a carbon copy of a Joanna show.

And for the love of all that is holy, invest in gloves, eye protection, ear protection, and proper shoes! I flinched every time a hammer came out or drywall was kicked.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

Their first dance was to Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love." 

She copied that from Amy 😆

9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yep, and she listens to Michael Buble as well.  Baby steps.

I don’t think her using these songs on SM means she actually listens to the music . It’s all part of the ruse. 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jana's promised video of her fixer-upper:

We also need a vomit emoji.

4 hours ago, emma675 said:

Is it just me or is Jana angling hard for her own Joanna Gaines/Magnolia renovation show? It wasn't bad and she definitely has an eye for redoing spaces, but goodness, that felt like a carbon copy of a Joanna show.

And for the love of all that is holy, invest in gloves, eye protection, ear protection, and proper shoes! I flinched every time a hammer came out or drywall was kicked.

That is NEVER going to happen, LMAO.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, emma675 said:

It does look like it.  I'm assuming she would have to make a pilot show, getting some consultation on how to edit and polish up the pilot.  With Jana's semi-celebrity status and her love of all things Joanna Gaines, the Magnolia Network would be a perfect fit.  And then here's HGTV.  However, I'm sure both networks receive tons of pilots, so the odds aren't in her favor.  Personally, I hope she goes back to nursing school, but yeah, her renovation/decoration skills are very impressive.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think her using these songs on SM means she actually listens to the music . It’s all part of the ruse. 🤷‍♀️

In the one clip, they were listening to Buble in the car and talking about him. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It was odd seeing Jim Bob in the video helping with the remodel with the youngest girls in their skirts.  Hope now she is moved in that JB is not going to still be calling the shots.  At least all the minor girls are seeing that all their older sister/mothers are making their own choices at least on a few things.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

She copied that from Amy 😆

also need a vomit emoji.

That is NEVER going to happen, LMAO.

At least no one was wearing flip-flops or was barefooted (that I could see).  No safety equipment and improper footwear is standard Duggar operations.

• Like 4

At least no one was wearing flip-flops or was barefooted (that I could see).  No safety equipment and improper footwear is standard Duggar operations.

Well they do do things a little differently. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hannie was barefoot while climbing like a monkey and painting.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It does look like it.  I'm assuming she would have to make a pilot show, getting some consultation on how to edit and polish up the pilot.  With Jana's semi-celebrity status and her love of all things Joanna Gaines, the Magnolia Network would be a perfect fit.  And then here's HGTV.  However, I'm sure they both receive tons of pilots, so the odds aren't in their favor.  Personally, I hope she goes back to nursing school, but yeah, her renovation/decoration skills are very impressive.

I could see Jana wanting this, but I think she's living in a fantasy world if she thinks any channel wants to deal with her and the baggage that comes with being a Duggar. Every social media promo will be inundated with comments about Josh the family child molester, any promotional interview is either going to have to deal with it or pointedly ignore it and then generate additional coverage about it not being talked about, and any advertiser will be inundated with boycott calls because of the family's beliefs.

I firmly believe that's why TLC finally pulled the plug on them. They finally realized that there was no more money to be made off the Duggars. I suspect the family has this shared delusion that they can just wait it out if they're patient, but they're kidding themselves if they think that that is ever going away.

They spent nearly 20 years packaging themselves as a family unit and a wholesome one at that. Whether it is fair or not to keep bringing it up every time any of the siblings emerges into the public eye, they can't do decades of messaging about their family brand and not expect to have their faces rubbed in it for all eternity once that same family brand spectacularly implodes and they suddenly try to pivot to escape it. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 1

Jana's mumbling and "ums", with School of the Dining Room Table vocabulary and grammar, will never work for a tv hosting gig. 

Oh, wait.  How many years have the Kardashians been doing it?  

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I could see Jana wanting this, but I think she's living in a fantasy world if she thinks any channel wants to deal with her and the baggage that comes with being a Duggar.

Absolutely this ^^. 

You cited the Josh situation, and that isn't even the only suitcase on that baggage cart these days.

In the years since Josh's arrest when TLC pulled the plug on the Duggars, the viewing public has seen the Amazon Prime documentary Shiny Happy People, and Jill Duggar Dillard's book was published. Both the show and the book got a lot of attention.

For any Duggar TV project, not only can questions arise about Josh, but about JB's behavior toward his own kids about money (lying, manipulation, and FILING FALSE TAX RETURNS WITH THE IRS), about the Duggars' role in the IBLP/ATI cult, and probably more. 

Of course, Jana's never been accused of wrongdoing. But she's a loyal daughter of JB and Meech. I don't see how she could star in a TV show without being asked about her life in the Duggar family, including the years when a TLC crew was regularly in their house. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

How are they putting the primary bathroom there? Can Stephen do real residential house plumbing? Because if I'm seeing it right this bathroom is on the opposite end of the two existing bathrooms and the kitchen, so no where near any existing plumbing.

That's a lot of expensive work.

• Like 10

I could actually see Jana working a 9-5 job while married. She spent so much of her life working (not just taking care of the little Duggars, but being that fixer-upper for her entire family), that she's become super industrious and organized.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3