Type keyword(s) to search

S21: E03

• Start Topic

The search for live in Australia continues.  

Love the label makers, after Sam calls Devin a bully after he shows empathy to the Love Virgin….”Needs to look up the definition of bully”.  

Aaron is gone and Sam and Tom can leave anytime.   

And same as last week, some of the guys are forcing me on Devin’s side in arguments and I don’t like that.  

• Like 6
(edited)

Love Virgin’s declaration at the strip show might have worked if, after his declaration, he had pulled his shirt off and gyrated a bit.  But he was too obsessed with not doing as well as the others.  He could have taken a page out of Devin’s book and just let loose…although with a bit more coverage at the butt.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Devin went up in my estimation when he supported the Love Virgin.

Sam M and Thomas are such jerks.

I hope Aaron bought another copy of the book he gave to Devin because that was horrible to do to Jenn.

I will miss Hakeem’s expressions.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Devin went up in my estimation when he supported the Love Virgin.

Sam M and Thomas are such jerks.

I hope Aaron bought another copy of the book he gave to Devin because that was horrible to do to Jenn.

I will miss Hakeem’s expressions.

Devin can be loud, full of himself, over confident but he isn’t mean.   Sam and Thomas can learn something.   You don’t have to put others down to build yourself up.   Also Sam called Devin a bully….he should look in the mirror if he wants to see a bully.  Sam has anger issues, implying that if they were out of the house, he would be using violence.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Devin can be loud, full of himself, over confident but he isn’t mean.   Sam and Thomas can learn something.   You don’t have to put others down to build yourself up.   Also Sam called Devin a bully….he should look in the mirror if he wants to see a bully.  Sam has anger issues, implying that if they were out of the house, he would be using violence.  

Seems the editors agree 🤣

IMG_6106.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

I should have covered my eyes when Devin was dancing  in his thong because that is an image that is hard to forget.  I thought Marcus was surprisingly good at strip-teasing.  And Aaron has absolutely zero chemistry with Jen--he is incredibly dull and while I know his goal is BIP, I think he will be dull there too.

There was one point when Jen had kissed so many guys that her lipstick was completely gone and she looked a bit worn out! Being the bachelorette is hard work! I think she may be bored too some of the time.

• Like 3

Is it me or does it seem like this Bachelorette moves to making out, moaning and grinding against whatever guy she is sitting on the couch with, much faster than previous Bachelorettes.  LOL I am thinking back to Trista days.  I am old. I wonder if they actually TALK, about future goals for themselves, political leanings, religion, potential children, where do you want to live, career goals, etc., etc., etc.  Maybe it's edited out because the other makes for good TV, but I am already tired of hearing her say she has made poor choices in the past and has had a few toxic relationships.  I thought she was there to find a husband?  A "life partner, a best friend who has your back." Get a clue, Jenn.  They look like a bunch of sex fiends.  Again, I am old!

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

I'm sad to see Hakeem go, he was the only guy who's name I know who I actually like. 

Yeah, being all "someone here is bad news but I wont say who, later" is a really crappy way to leave the show. This season has been rough so far, not many people I am really liking or feel like are really sparking with Jenn. No one is even fun in a love to hate way yet. Sam M and Thomas are trying so hard to make Devin the season villain but they seem way more obnoxious than he is. It sucks because I don't particularly like Devin, he's really smug and cocky, but he's much less of a smug dick than those two. 

The Love Virgin made a big play, and while it didn't really backfire, he's still here, it clearly didn't go over the way he planned. Jenn was looking for fun in that game, not a big moment of feels. 

You have all of Australia damn it, use it! 

• Like 6
43 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The Love Virgin made a big play, and while it didn't really backfire, he's still here, it clearly didn't go over the way he planned. Jenn was looking for fun in that game, not a big moment of feels. 

I fear that the Love Virgin’s 🌹 was all the producers.  She didn’t want to keep him although I’m sure she didn’t want to seem heartless.  But production kept him around so that Trouble Tomas and Slamm’n SamN would have a target to mock.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

There was one point when Jen had kissed so many guys that her lipstick was completely gone and she looked a bit worn out! Being the bachelorette is hard work! I think she may be bored too some of the time.

The disappearing and reappearing red lipstick during the cocktail party was very distracting. Granted, of course they’ll show the steal-you-for-a-minutes in different orders. But she had no lipstick when she talked to Aaron. Then she came inside and yelled at everyone with red lipstick. Then called someone to go talk to—and had no lipstick while talking with him. It almost seemed like she talked to everyone. Then the producers touched her up and made her give her big speech before the rose ceremony but made it seem like it happened in the middle of the night. But…I think she did talk to that guy (was it Devin? I don’t remember…) about what Aaron said, so maybe she just kept kissing her lipstick off. I’m surprised half the guys weren’t all smudged up with red.

anyhoo, aside from the lipstick, I don’t really remember what else I wanted to post last night while the site was all discombobulated. Oh, Sam M? (the hot yet annoying alpha male) was driving me bonkers the way he said “let’s keep the main thing the main thing” approximately 36 times! Unless his main thing is how much he despises Devin, he is incapable of keeping the main thing the main thing and maybe that’s why he needs to repeat this mantra. But, damn, the whole little group of bickering dudes are terrible. There’s no one’s “side” to take here. Even if any one of them may have had a good point at some point or seemed the victim once upon a time, they’re all just instigating each other that there’s no one to back…aside from the quiet guys who aren’t getting much screen time. (Can you all shut up so we can get to know that hot medical student who might be named Dylan?!) The worst part is that Sam and Devin seem to be her two favorites with no one else even close. So while one Wrong Reasons fighter usually goes home as soon as the lead realizes they like the other one more, I fear we’re going to be subjected to these two (and their assorted cronies) fighting for this entire season. Please, I can’t take it!! Isn’t Jenn supposed to be the “main thing”?!! Sam, listen to yourself and make the main thing the main thing!! Though, Jenn already told Sam to ask her to be his girlfriend(!!!) so maybe once he tells her Devin is bothering him, she’ll send Devin home. Now is that the “right decision”? No, but Jenn has told us she has very bad taste in men, and that is very apparent. So just everyone shut the fuck up and go ahead and get engaged to Sam, who will probably cheat on you on the airplane on the way home from proposal point. Then let’s just move on to finding hot med student Dylan(?) a fiancé on Bachelor.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
(edited)

If Sam can unbutton his shirt, mount and straddle Jen during a 3rd episode cocktail party make out in front of cameras, then this isn't his first rodeo and he's a player. He's cocky and he wasn't great in the Thunder Down Under contest.  Jen keeps saying over and over that she's had toxic relationships, and I don't think she's really learned anything from them if she's falling for Sam. He's too slick and too smooth.  If he can act that way without even really knowing Jen, then he can be that smooth and forward with other girls. 

Show some discernment, Jen- and give Austin to me 😅🔥

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

If Sam can unbutton his shirt, mount and straddle Jen during a 3rd episode cocktail party make out in front of cameras, then this isn't his first rodeo and he's a player. He's cocky and he wasn't great in the Thunder Down Under contest.  Jen keeps saying over and over that she's had toxic relationships, and I don't think she's really learned anything from them if she's falling for Sam. He's too slick and too smooth.  If he can act that way without even really knowing Jen, then he can be that smooth and forward with other girls. 

Show some discernment, Jen- and give Austin to me 😅🔥

the Australian bachelorette pointed that out during the show, between that and the snarky "needs to look up definition of bully" under Sam's name, I suspect he's one of those first impression rose getters who flames out somewhere along the way. 

He's very arrogant and abrasive with the guys and then turns on a very aggressive form of "charm" with Jenn. He actually makes me a little nervous, like I question whether he knows where the lines are when he's alone with a woman. 

Also, I'm very annoyed that he and Tomas are making me take Devin's side even for a minute, but here we are.

Re: the Thunder down under show, I really don't think this was a fair assignment. As with every season, they always do some outrageous activity with the men that we all know they could never do with women (and rightfully so), I wish they would just stop with these altogether. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

the Australian bachelorette pointed that out during the show, between that and the snarky "needs to look up definition of bully" under Sam's name, I suspect he's one of those first impression rose getters who flames out somewhere along the way. 

He's very arrogant and abrasive with the guys and then turns on a very aggressive form of "charm" with Jenn. He actually makes me a little nervous, like I question whether he knows where the lines are when he's alone with a woman. 

Also, I'm very annoyed that he and Tomas are making me take Devin's side even for a minute, but here we are.

I wonder if Jen will listen to that Australian bachelorette- or maybe Jen will brush it off and think that he's different 😏.  Men who act like Sam are usually love em' and leave em' types.  You're spot on about him turning on the "charm" with Jennifer- and even when she's looking at him, it's almost as if he's looking through her. I think that he lacks boundaries, and he has Jen right where he wants her- putting him on a pedestal and probably minimizing feelings for other guys in comparison.  Her instant sexual chemistry with Sam reminds me of Claire and Dale.  Sam and Thomas are annoying me- I thought that Thomas was cute, but he's too gossipy now. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I wonder if Jen will listen to that Australian bachelorette- or maybe Jen will brush it off and think that he's different 😏.  Men who act like Sam are usually love em' and leave em' types.  You're spot on about him turning on the "charm" with Jennifer- and even when she's looking at him, it's almost as if he's looking through her. I think that he lacks boundaries, and he has Jen right where he wants her- putting him on a pedestal and probably minimizing feelings for other guys in comparison.  Her instant sexual chemistry with Sam reminds me of Claire and Dale.  Sam and Thomas are annoying me- I thought that Thomas was cute, but he's too gossipy now. 

I wonder if some of her talking heads were filmed at a later date, she definitely didn't have the same stars in her eyes, it was a very mechanical discussion about how much she liked him, kinda like she was recounting her previous feelings and not her current ones. 

I am spoiler-free so I don't know how this goes, but I feel like the show is hinting at a crash and burn for Sam. His camera time has been increasingly unflattering since the first episode.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 10:41 AM, ljenkins782 said:

I wonder if some of her talking heads were filmed at a later date, she definitely didn't have the same stars in her eyes, it was a very mechanical discussion about how much she liked him, kinda like she was recounting her previous feelings and not her current ones. 

I am spoiler-free so I don't know how this goes, but I feel like the show is hinting at a crash and burn for Sam. His camera time has been increasingly unflattering since the first episode.

Ooh that's a great observation! I'm spoiler-free too so I don't know the outcome, but I'll definitely pay more attention to Jen's talking heads about Sam! 😉  I want to see that man in the rejection van!

• Like 1
On 7/23/2024 at 6:54 PM, JenE4 said:

The disappearing and reappearing red lipstick during the cocktail party was very distracting.

Though, Jenn already told Sam to ask her to be his girlfriend(!!!) 

I don't usually notice such things, but the lipstick thing was indeed very distracting.

Her talk about being Sam's girlfriend, was distressing on many levels. First, it seems to show that her mind is kinda made up already. Second, it reinforces Sam's already huge ego when it comes to this competition. And third, it shows how immature Jen actually is.

On 7/23/2024 at 10:28 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

He's cocky and he wasn't great in the Thunder Down Under contest.  Jen keeps saying over and over that she's had toxic relationships, and I don't think she's really learned anything from them if she's falling for Sam.

I was quite surprised at how less-than-stellar his contest performance was.

The way Jen is falling for Sam not only reminded me of Claire and Dale (as someone mentioned above), but also Andi and Josh, especially in terms of the fact that Andi mentioned from the start that she has a type and it ultimately doesn't work out...and then she went and picked that exact type in Josh, and it ultimately didn't work out!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't usually notice such things, but the lipstick thing was indeed very distracting.

Her talk about being Sam's girlfriend, was distressing on many levels. First, it seems to show that her mind is kinda made up already. Second, it reinforces Sam's already huge ego when it comes to this competition. And third, it shows how immature Jen actually is.

I was quite surprised at how less-than-stellar his contest performance was.

The way Jen is falling for Sam not only reminded me of Claire and Dale (as someone mentioned above), but also Andi and Josh, especially in terms of the fact that Andi mentioned from the start that she has a type and it ultimately doesn't work out...and then she went and picked that exact type in Josh, and it ultimately didn't work out!

I agree- it was really disappointing to see Jen ask Sam if he was her girlfriend because it shows that she's not learning from her past and she's too eager for validation. Sam strikes me as the type to go along with it as long as he can continue to get her to break down intimate boundaries.  

I wrote that Sam and Jen remind me of Claire and Dale- it's so reckless for the lead to laser focus on instant attraction like that early on.  I don't know what Jen sees in Sam- I think that Austin is hands down one of the hottest contestants on this show that I've ever seen 😉💯

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I don't know what Jen sees in Sam- I think that Austin is hands down one of the hottest contestants on this show that I've ever seen 😉💯

Well, I sheepishly have to admit that I may or may not have told my husband that in certain views, Sam is one of the hottest guys that has ever appeared on the show! I still think he's a potentially dangerous douchebag, though.

• Applause 2
On 7/23/2024 at 11:21 AM, Alexander Pope said:

And Aaron has absolutely zero chemistry with Jen--he is incredibly dull and while I know his goal is BIP, I think he will be dull there too.

My worry, with Aaron getting the hero's exit, is that they are positioning him for the Bachelor. That's what happened with Joan on Golden Bachelor, as she is now the Golden Bachelorette, after having left early to heroically help with her daughter's difficulty post-partum.  Aaron has zero personality or charisma, and I hope that now that the series is airing, there will be enough negative comments to dissuade TPTB from choosing him as the next Bachelor.  If they have to choose anyone from this lame group, I would guess it would be Marcus, since he seems to have that handsome but humble and so-far drama-free persona.

• Like 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Well, I sheepishly have to admit that I may or may not have told my husband that in certain views, Sam is one of the hottest guys that has ever appeared on the show! I still think he's a potentially dangerous douchebag, though.

Sam is an attractive guy!   Austin is a beefy hunk with a great smile and retro 80's haircut, so he wins for me! I don't like tattoos, so Austin's tattoo-free bod is a plus to me whereas Sam's tattoos scare me a little.  Dangerous douchebag is spot on- he reminds me of the boyfriends in Lifetime Movies! 😅

• Like 2