Type keyword(s) to search

Olympic Fashion: Go for the Gold... Lamé!

• Start Topic

I looked at the above article and honestly, some of the team designs are just OTT. I like a good old school Olympic team uniform. Nigeria looks good, USA always looks good because Ralph Lauren understands the assignment. That said I don't like thr jeans, too casual. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Not a huge fan of the USA Closing Ceremonies(?) outfit because it’s just too white and puffy. 

E6BE682B-397E-4C53-B3A2-1E29163EF9F8.jpeg

When Jordan Chiles was trying hers on, she made a joke that she felt like Will Smith in Fresh Prince, lol.

• LOL 12
20 minutes ago, Souris said:

The U.S. women's gymnastics team's leotards for qualifying are STUNNING.

I also like the understated design for Team France. Team Brasil was another favorite. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Souris said:

I posted this in the general gymnastics thread, but here's a gift link to a Washington Post article about making the gymnastics uniforms for the Olympics:

https://wapo.st/4c2K2go

I had never thought about how that worked; I found this pretty interesting.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I didn’t care for the U.S. leotards today. I thought they looked kind of cheap and uncomfortable. I think it was the choppy red stripes on the white.

On the other hand, Brazil’s were just beautiful and so elegant.

Argh, I accidentally hit the spoiler tag button and now I can’t get rid of it!

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_0097.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/31/2024 at 11:15 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

There seems to be a dearth of opinions on the men's gymnasts' outfits.

There some discussion, and a slideshow, here: https://www.gofugyourself.com/now-lets-give-the-mens-gymnastics-teams-some-love-07-2024

I'm watching the crappy NBC coverage, so I haven't seen many of the designs. I did love the U.S.A. men's leaotards with the wing design. Japan's designs for both men and women's have been fantastic. And I liked Ukraine's for the men's all-around.

On 7/28/2024 at 8:04 PM, Souris said:

I liked the team leotards for the German ladies.  They had a really cool retro look.

1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Ermmm the Hungarian men's swim suits are...a choice...

Aren't they awful! I was looking for a picture to post. They look like they're wearing a blue diaper.

I was trying to work out why the design on Germany's swimsuits looked kind of familiar...and then I caught a train to work the other day, one of a few in Brisbane Australia that have been painted up with designs by a local Indigenous artist!

Screenshot_20240804_102651_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240804_102511_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 1:22 PM, satrunrose said:

Ermmm the Hungarian men's swim suits are...a choice...

I can't figure out how to get a direct link to a photo of the Hungarian men's swimsuits, but there's a really good shot in this slideshow.  You have to click click click to get to photo #47, but trust me, it's worth it.

https://www.gofugyourself.com/photos/swimmers-of-the-2024-paris-olympics/swimming-olympic-games-paris-2024-day-8-9

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, surfgirl said:

That's gotta be photoshopped, unless someone amo gst us saw this on TV. Also, gross.

Nope! That's exactly what I saw. I just wasn't sure I should say that they looked like a cross between a banana hammock and a wet t-shirt contest. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Nope! That's exactly what I saw. I just wasn't sure I should say that they looked like a cross between a banana hammock and a wet t-shirt contest. 

Uch, it's like getting in a bath woth him and his pubes. Hard pass, no pun intended.

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That waistband gives me the creeps.

I mean, was it a thong in the back? Nevermind, forget I asked that.

• LOL 4

I don't know if this topic is supposed to be about athletes only, but I need to compliment every outfit Maria Taylor has worn while hosting the Late Night shows. I watch just to see what she'll be wearing that night. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I don't know if this topic is supposed to be about athletes only, but I need to compliment every outfit Maria Taylor has worn while hosting the Late Night shows. I watch just to see what she'll be wearing that night. 

She's a class act and knows how to dress herself for sure! I enjoy her too

• Like 3
On 8/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, ProudMary said:

I thought her skirt was too short on Tuesday night, and again tonight I think it's too short.  Like too short for the dress--a matter of proportions, I think.

18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I thought her skirt was too short on Tuesday night, and again tonight I think it's too short.  Like too short for the dress--a matter of proportions, I think.

Yeah I noticed that too. I think the issue is that she is short waisted and she needs to wear outfits that elongate her and the short skirts do not. So maybe she doesn't know how to dress herself after all, but she's gorgeous and I love that she is both feminine and strong and kick ass on the Paris After Dark gig!

• Like 2
(edited)

Am watching encore of USA-Italy men's volleyball. Why does Italy have blue uniforms?! There is zero blue in their flag! I was totally confused which team was which and had to look up a photo online to make sure my TV's color hadn't gone wonky and they were actually green.

Edited by Souris
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Souris said:

Am watching encore of USA-Italy men's volleyball. Why does Italy have blue uniforms?! There is zero blue in their flag! I was totally confused which team was which and had to look up a photo online to make sure my TV's color hadn't gone wonky and they were actually green.

Australia's flag is red white and blue but their team.colors are always green and yellow. It doesn't have to make sense I guess.

12 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I love Maria Taylor's black shoes with ankle straps and just a touch of white tonight on Late Night in Paris. (Friday) I want them!

I'm not a Barbie girl but her pink Chanel-esque suit last night looked good on her.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Anybody know why USA's track outfits are purple?  That's what you get when you mix red, white, and blue, but surely that's not it.

I actually think those particular kits are red and blue stripes, but the stripes are so thin and close together that they look purple to the naked eye. Some of the men (and I think a few of the women) had on solid blue last night.

• Like 3