Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

Tensions escalate on the interior; the crew struggles with undocking amidst nearby wildfires; Aesha gives her interior team added responsibility with lunch service.

Airs 7.22.2024

• Like 1
(edited)

Iain has a lot of issues (examples: he didn't see the people waiting to catch the docking lines, he didn't know how to arrange proper passage to land for the guests, and Gael had to do it), and Sandy is not happy. That's why Iain was attacking her on Watch What Happens Live last week. I don't see him returning to any Bravo show. Sandy seems to be helping Joe after his demotion. 

Both Ellie and Bri should be fired. They are not too competent, and they are 100% unprofessional. The laundry (transgression) diary was something else. 

If Gael and her boyfriend didn't break up, they will after he sees the show.

Hydra is beautiful. And those were horses. The island has a long trade and maritime history.

Joe is a show off.

Bri puts dark and white clothing in the washing machine. It also seems somebody put cashmere (!), as well, according to next week's previews.

The word riz or charisma shouldn't be used for basic people (like Joe). 

Gael and Joe's performance was cute.

It seems Jono did well at this charter.

Aesha is gross. I'm going to leave it to this.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I hope I never hear someone say riz ever again. Ellie is an idiot. 
Both her and Bri suck at their jobs and should be working on doing better instead of trying to impress Joe. If they put their differences aside and tried to impress Aesha, they could possibly do the jobs they were hired to do. 
The notebook should be for a laundry schedule and what load belongs to who. 
Sandy acting like she builds self esteem was kind of funny.  Maybe she should sit her bosun down and give him some tips instead of giving the lead deckhand some fake task. Although, I would be over Iain at this point. He’s on the incompetent side for sure.

AESHA SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR BATHROOM HABITS. She should be fired for what she discussed with the guest. It’s gross. She is great at her job but her fascination with certain bodily functions is disgusting.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Both Ellie and Bri should be fired. They are not too competent, and they are 100% unprofessional. The laundry (transgression) diary was something else. 

💯

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Aesha's bathroom stuff is gross, her telling the guests about it...where was Sandy when we needed her?! 

I took Bri's laundry room log as a factual record of what went on in the machines so if anything happened she could figure out who did what, a CYA book if you will. These young women not knowing how to treat certain fabrics such as cashmere is mind blowing, even just reading a label seems to hard for them to do. Having to be told to keep whites and colors separate is just sad, like that is basic information.

Ellie is out of her depths when it comes to doing more than just making drinks, having to add in setting the table for a meal and it just does not happen, she talks a good game.

Why are guests entertained by two crew members dancing?

Sandy didn't lose her mind about where they had to dock and was ok with the crew putting together the naughtybouys over to the huge rocks the guests had to climb over? There was no other option like dropping anchor in the bay and using the tender to get the guests into town? Sandy really does run hot and cold with her reactions to things like safety and the way things look.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I can't help but think that Ellie is purposely trying to sabotage Bri in laundry. The way she so gleefully handed her Sandy's clothes to deliver. Then the way she refused to let Bri handle laundry herself, claiming there wasn't any other work to be done. Yet, when she's been asked to take the lead on service, she's dropped the ball. Hmmm, I smell a rat. Something is very off with that one.

Bri's laundry log was actually a suggestion from either Aesha or Sandy. Maybe not the level of detail that Bri took it to, but she was told she needed some type of tracking system. Ellie's reaction to it is another reason why I think she's out to get Bri fired.

Disappointed to see the preview. No Joe, no!

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ellie is out of her depths when it comes to doing more than just making drinks, having to add in setting the table for a meal and it just does not happen, she talks a good game.

She's a good-looking female and so far her looks have provided better jobs than she deserves.  Probably needs to stick to working for men. You're SO RIGHT, "She talks a good game."  This time there are witnesses...worldwide.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Perhaps there's room for both words.  "Charisma" when someone deserves the full definition...and "Riz" for those who earn a mere moment or two of attention.

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Neither should the phrase "basic people" if you ask me.

Now get off my lawn !!!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I swear to God if I have to listen to Aesha talk about her poop one more time . . . 

What the hell is wrong with her? These guests are eating their desserts and she's telling them she takes photos of her poop and sends them to her boyfriend? And this is the second time she's done this while people are trying to eat. There is something seriously wrong with her.

I think Ellie's main (OK one of her main) problem is she's so busy trying to be the boss of Bri she doesn't utilize her help properly. Instead of radioing Bri every five minutes to fetch celery and other things for the drinks she could have had Bri setting up the table for lunch. Then she wouldn't have been on the radio every three minutes and Aesha could have taken her break. And if she doesn't have anything else to do she could let Bri take care of the laundry and take a break herself. But it's more important to her to boss Bri around and remind her she's the boss of her.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

And let's talk about Jono's use of gold leaf, he took the square off of the paper and plopped it on what he described as a bland or boring dessert, a dessert that he made!! Why not make something a little more enticing and do something more interesting with the gold leaf than leave it in a square?  A poached pear? What is it 1980? So far he has reached back in the decades with sponge cake and poached pears, does he not have Google?

I for one still want to know what that red dust was on that plate with the steaks a few charters ago.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She's a good-looking female and so far her looks have provided better jobs than she deserves.  Probably needs to stick to working for men. You're SO RIGHT, "She talks a good game."  This time there are witnesses...worldwide.

See...I don't Elle is that attractive at all. Maybe because of her personality!? I could be biased! Lol!!

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, snarts said:

I can't help but think that Ellie is purposely trying to sabotage Bri in laundry. The way she so gleefully handed her Sandy's clothes to deliver.

Yikes!  That sounds about right considering she started the season saying "oh no - i'm good - i don't find joe attractive at all" which changed to "omg - she totally took joe from me and i'm her supervisor!" then progressed to going to everyone who would listen for "omg - someone is saying i'm not a nice person - you know what?  i'm am SO  a nice person!!!"  She's a freaking psycho.  

Neither should the phrase "basic people" if you ask me.

Now get off my lawn !!!!!!!  

Get off my lawn too!!!  I prefer "oh bless her heart" or "oh, she's so dull."  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Aesha's bathroom stuff is gross, her telling the guests about it...where was Sandy when we needed her?! 

I took Bri's laundry room log as a factual record of what went on in the machines so if anything happened she could figure out who did what, a CYA book if you will. These young women not knowing how to treat certain fabrics such as cashmere is mind blowing, even just reading a label seems to hard for them to do. Having to be told to keep whites and colors separate is just sad, like that is basic information.

Why are guests entertained by two crew members dancing?

Sandy didn't lose her mind about where they had to dock and was ok with the crew putting together the naughtybouys over to the huge rocks the guests had to climb over? There was no other option like dropping anchor in the bay and using the tender to get the guests into town? Sandy really does run hot and cold with her reactions to things like safety and the way things look.

Yes, the guests could have been transported in the tender. The stepping over rocks was in order to create drama (as always). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, snarts said:

Disappointed to see the preview. No Joe, no!

It seems that Joe will be kissing Ellie.... Ellie wants to show Bri...

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
(edited)

I think that Aesha is just learning how to lead, she’s taking the role of cheerleader vs leader.  I feel like she learned a lot this season, as Ellie rolled right over her. 
The shots of Aesha listening to Ellie with a big smile, lights on no one home, well.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 3

Yeah I don't get why Bri's book is such a big deal.  It's a burn book?  Even if she was writing down incriminating things, she hasn't actually tried to use it to get Ellie in trouble has she?

So no Aesha, no need to get Sandy involved but we already see from previews that she's dressing down both Bri and Ellie, because it's another fake scene for this show.

OK, this Hydra place doesn't have a proper port, is the whole waterfront nothing but those rocks forming a breakwater?

Because obviously the place has inhabitants and hosts a lot of tourists so what do they do to unload supplies?  OK I just checked on Google Maps and the main port does in fact have easy ports for ships to dock to, so that people and supplies can be boarded and disembarked.  There are pictures of ferries and large cruise ships.

So why did they choose to dock at that particular place?  I didn't notice any other ships around them so maybe they wanted to be at a less busy place or they didn't want to pay to use the marina just so the guests could sightsee for an hour.

Or maybe they just wanted to showcase another parking.

Speaking of which, the previous episode ended on a cliffhanger, them trying to get away from the fires and being boxed in by a couple of larger ships and Sandy had the maneuver out of there.  Didn't turn out to be as dire as few or any of these episode cliffhangers turn out to be.

I guess they want to keep showing Sandy -- and for that matter, all the BD captains -- in the best light, as competent, wise, completely in charge of the boat as well as the personnel, etc.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ellie flat out lied to Aesha about what went on in the laundry room with Bri. But production got back at her. Every time Ellie accused Bri of being confrontational they showed clips proving that Ellie was not being truthful about how this.  When she said that Bri "stormed" out Bri was shown calmly just walking out. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Ellie flat out lied to Aesha about what went on in the laundry room with Bri. But production got back at her. Every time Ellie accused Bri of being confrontational they showed clips proving that Ellie was not being truthful about how this.  When she said that Bri "stormed" out Bri was shown calmly just walking out. 

Yup! She's a piece of work!

And I guess I thot Bris's book was for her!? So she would remember what NOT to do!??? Not to throw stupid Elle under the bus!!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

So they keep seeing fires that are burning 45miles away. I officially abandon my "scripted" theory and I will go with whatever they are smoking/drinking or sniffing. It makes more sense! 🙃🤩

Hydra has a really small port, so if the other docking spots are taken you do have to dock by the rocks. Maybe the boat didn't have the little bridge (I don't know how they call it in English) that connects it with the docks, so they did the whole floating platform. I really doubt though that a luxury yacht would dock there without the proper equipment and force the guest to climb rocks instead of anchoring and use the dingey.

I was pleased to see the guests roaming around this  beautiful island, too bad they didn't also do it at night. Hydra is quite famous for its nightlife and bars which are much better than whatever that was that took place on the boat 😄

The situation of the female deckhand (I keep forgetting her name) and her "boyfriend" is so "meh". 😴

Ellie's behavior is still pathetic. It is embarrassing. At least Brie is just incompetent (with laundry anyway).
I really LOLed with the "the ghost of the past Brie" comment at the boys cabin.

So Iain counts sheep to go to sleep? hee!

Aesha..Aesha... so you have a fetish with poo and other gastro functions... sigh... well ok, nobody is perfect!

Dirty Laundry is also the title of one of the best songs of the 80s

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Always loved that tune.   Thanks!

"The bubble headed bleach blonde...."

ETA, Dad flew 747s and survived the Tenerife crash

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, PaperTree said:

That will never stop amazing me, like I said that story was practically lore in my house when I was growing up. For some reason my father would always bring it up whenever we were ready for take off.

• Mind Blown 1
11 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Wow. 

Tenerife was my first ever venture abroad when I was almost 14, about 6 months after the crash and I remember my father telling us about it because it had been on the tv a lot in the UK. Way to scare 2 kids dad. We went on holiday at the start of the off season because my father was the personnel director of a travel company in Scotland & our holidays were free as part of the job as long as we went once school was back in session, 4 weeks a year anywhere they went & the best hotels, pity I left home at 16 yrs & 2 days.

The only other thing I remember about Tenerife is that at the time all of the beaches were black from the volcano & it was nowhere near as built up as now, obviously.

(edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 5:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I took Bri's laundry room log as a factual record of what went on in the machines so if anything happened she could figure out who did what, a CYA book if you will.

I agree. It's not a Burn Book; it's something she's using to help herself focus.  If she records a crime or two...no problem.

On 7/23/2024 at 5:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

"Ellis" creates her own "depths."  Apparently she's prettier, smarter, and more savvy than any other female where she works. She's gotten by in life by undermining others. THIS TIME you're televised, Ellie! Everyone can see how you manipulate the situations and take advantage of others. Advantage in the workplace and experience with Your Type!!  Bri will learn; Bri HAS learned.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Shrek said:

Wow. 

Tenerife was my first ever venture abroad when I was almost 14, about 6 months after the crash and I remember my father telling us about it because it had been on the tv a lot in the UK. Way to scare 2 kids dad. We went on holiday at the start of the off season because my father was the personnel director of a travel company in Scotland & our holidays were free as part of the job as long as we went once school was back in session, 4 weeks a year anywhere they went & the best hotels, pity I left home at 16 yrs & 2 days.

The only other thing I remember about Tenerife is that at the time all of the beaches were black from the volcano & it was nowhere near as built up as now, obviously.

Thanks!  Very interesting.  I was just 18 finishing HS and it was nuts.  Got to be home alone for a month while he was in the hospital and Mom stayed down there, about an hour+ away

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
38 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Thanks!  Very interesting.  I was just 18 finishing HS and it was nuts.  Got to be home alone for a month while he was in the hospital and Mom stayed down there, about an hour+ away

wow I didn't get it at first, I thought it was some kind of an expression, your dad survived  the crush of the century? 

12 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

wow I didn't get it at first, I thought it was some kind of an expression, your dad survived  the crush of the century? 

Thanks!  Sorry I was a bit confusing. I'm a Chemist, not a writer.

In the first days, we had reporters peering in the windows and banging on the doors.  Back in those Dark Ages, there was only one phone line.  When you hung it up, it would ring.

Yet somehow, a few hours later, Dad got a call through, and Mom picked it up with him  saying "I'm Fine. don't worry"

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1

Isn't it interesting that Ellie is only the "supervisor" when she's bossing Bri around and snarling to everyone about how Bri stole Joe...or whatever?  Where was this whole supervisor gig during the lunch service?  All talk, all fake, all the time.

She's exhausting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Ellie was the one who recommended that Bri write down info in a notebook.  Now she is using the notebook against her.  I'm definitely Team Bri on this one.  Bri isn't great at laundry, but she is trying and she can't be blamed for everything that goes wrong with laundry since she isn't the only one attending to it.

• Like 3