Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Double the Trouble

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wow, there are some really clueless people playing this game. The clue challenge which ended up being more of a spelling challenge just had me shaking my head. Gr… 🦒 

I loved that Jon came to pick up Gracie. I remember seeing the duck on the board and I thought of him. 

If Naomi’s relative ends up being Molly Ringwald, then it’s too bad Gracie couldn’t have stayed in the game longer. That revelation would have been fun to watch. 

Naomi comes across as way too smug, especially since I think she’s incorrect about Hud. I thought his clue was pretty obvious but she needs to figure out the second part. 

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

Naomi comes across as way too smug, especially since I think she’s incorrect about Hud. I thought his clue was pretty obvious but she needs to figure out the second part. 

Yeah I thought it was obvious too with the wine clue, 2nd part read to me as who (what an owl says) hurts (hurt knee) so (sew/needle-thread) good (thumbs up). 

Naomi’s clue was also pretty straightforward. 

The grape jelly jar is also very suggestive.

3/3 wrong guesses and all of them were nieces. I liked Jon picking Gracie up, cute relationship. 

• Like 5

How hard a word is giraffe? Okay, maybe getting the number of Fs wrong, but Grieffe?????

Miguel did a good, sneaky plan.

I'm old enough I hear cherry bomb I immediately think 

Spoiler

John Cougar Mellencamp

• Like 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Naomi's knowledge of celebrity trivia can be a double edged sword, as it can lead her down paths too obscure for this show. I mean, there have been some questionable celebrities to be sure, but how many viewers, let alone contestants, would know Cherie Currie? Occam's razor says a better guess would be another more recognizable artist who had a hit with a song of the same name. And the hubris of not bothering to try to decipher the remainder of the clue... I'm still rooting for Naomi but she needs to dial down the confidence a notch. Loved how she engineered the elimination of Gracie, though. Brilliant, as was the Antonio Banderas fake out by Miguel and Dedrick. They fooled me! I was thinking, yeah, I can totally see the resemblance, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, mertensia said:

How hard a word is giraffe? Okay, maybe getting the number of Fs wrong, but Grieffe????

Right?!!!  I get not knowing how to spell Valkyrie, but giraffe?!!  

6 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Brilliant, as was the Antonio Banderas fake out by Miguel

Until the reveal I thought Miguel was a little off, but seeing how he engineered that makes me think he's an evil genius.  

I also wonder what rock some of these poeple have been hiding under.  How does someone not know I Love Lucy?  He's not that young.  

8 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I liked Jon picking Gracie up, cute relationship. 

I loved his "going out in the second episode?"  For shame!!

• Like 7

Bringing this over from the Episode 1 thread where I mistakenly posted it:

Miguel turns out to be quite crafty.

Spelling is obviously not the strong suit of many of these folks.  Yikes.

It's depressing that there are people who have never heard of I Love Lucy.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Bringing this over from the Episode 1 thread where I mistakenly posted it:

Miguel turns out to be quite crafty.

Spelling is obviously not the strong suit of many of these folks.  Yikes.

It's depressing that there are people who have never heard of I Love Lucy.

Unless he is the Arnaz relation and is lying. 

• Like 2

Interesting that Naomi seems to know Cherry Bomb by The Runaways, that came out in 1976, 10 years before the HIT song Cherry Bomb by another, much more famous (male) artist. Wonder if she knows there was a 1987-88 hit by someone else? But, there was a movie about The Runaways that came out in 2010, that focused on Joan Jett & Cherie Currie, so that's probably her frame of reference. Her being the pop culture whiz and all.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 7/18/2024 at 5:00 PM, Gabs66 said:

I think the Jackson comment was not Michael Jackson, but Randy Jackson . He even looks like Randy

If you look up

Spoiler

Siggy Jackson (son of Jackie), you'll see Dedrick. He's using a fake name for the show. However, I do think he's using Michael as his famous relative (although, he could technically use any of his uncles.)

• Useful 2

It's disturbing how many people didn't know how to spell giraffe. Like, they thought the I was silent?!! Whaaa?!!! Make it make sense!!! What even is that clue?!!! 

• Like 4

I found Miguel's mirror pep talk suspicious. Like. Why would he say his family name? It seemed like he was acting. Now, Dedrick's slip last week seemed more real. Plus, they focused on the scarecrow on the clue wall for a few seconds. Why didn't anyone try to guess him? 🤔 I can't with that girl not knowing Antonio Banderas. How you gunna go on a show about guessing celebs and not know of him? And why was that girl dumb enough to believe someone she just threatened?!! COME ON!!!

• Like 4
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Naomi is related to Molly Ringwald.  Besides the obvious clues I can see the resemblance if I squint, lol.  When she said Gracie (Jon Cryer) and she were even more connected, I knew it was her.

Gracie's "southern" persona was great; trusting Naomi was not.  Of course Naomi is going to try and get out the one person with her clue. 

I'm calling Micheal Bolton as Andy's relative.  He not only looks like him but sounds like him even when speaking.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 3
(edited)

The Valkyrie clue could be Tessa Thompson. Not sure who for though.

19 hours ago, preeya said:

Question from a new viewer:

Are all the clues on the wall relevant, or are some shown that mean nothing?

They're all relevant, though they're rarely very helpful.

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Like 2
On 7/19/2024 at 10:14 AM, Lindz said:

I can't with that girl not knowing Antonio Banderas. How you gunna go on a show about guessing celebs and not know of him?

I'm kind of surprised this cast even knows who The Brat Pack is since they weren't around in the 1980s but then again, John Hughs is (or should be) timeless. 

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ApathyMonger said:

The Valkyrie clue could be Tessa Thompson. Not sure who for though.

Valkyrie could be a clue to Apocolypse Now zeroing in on Marlon Brando, Martin Sheen, or Robert Duvall ("I love the smell of napalm in the morning").

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 7/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, borealis said:

Interesting that Naomi seems to know Cherry Bomb by The Runaways, that came out in 1976, 10 years before the HIT song Cherry Bomb by another, much more famous (male) artist. Wonder if she knows there was a 1987-88 hit by someone else? But, there was a movie about The Runaways that came out in 2010, that focused on Joan Jett & Cherie Currie, so that's probably her frame of reference. Her being the pop culture whiz and all.

Quoting myself cos I just watched the re-airing of the 1st ep (which I missed when it originally aired cos my power was out for a week due to Hurricane Beryl).

I didn't know that Hud said that his relative is his mom, which also helps explain Naomi's Cherie Currie theory. (But she's still wrong.) 

(edited)
Spoiler

On 7/22/2024 at 11:28 PM, borealis said:

Spoiler

If Hud is who I think he is, both his mom and dad are celebrities (though one more well-known that the other).

Edited by veronicamers
12 hours ago, veronicamers said:

If Hud is who I think he is, both his mom and dad are celebrities (though one more well-known that the other).

Can you put your guess in spoiler tags? The only one most of us know is Dietrick since he slipped on day one.

6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Can you put your guess in spoiler tags? The only one most of us know is Dietrick since he slipped on day one.

Spoiler

John Mellancamp and Elaine Irwin

• Thanks 1