Type keyword(s) to search

Season 04

• Start Topic

I wouldn't be happy with this anyway, but especially at this time of such high antisemitism it's disturbing that they made such a point of making the murderous kid and his family so Jewish for no apparent plot-related reason. When they did something similar on Law and Order years ago, having the parents send the kid to Israel, it was an important plot point. Here though it was just another way of highlighting hey, these rich folks who paid off the DA to protect their kid are Jewish. Really gross and uncool, FBI:MW.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, psychfan said:

I wouldn't be happy with this anyway, but especially at this time of such high antisemitism it's disturbing that they made such a point of making the murderous kid and his family so Jewish for no apparent plot-related reason. When they did something similar on Law and Order years ago, having the parents send the kid to Israel, it was an important plot point. Here though it was just another way of highlighting hey, these rich folks who paid off the DA to protect their kid are Jewish. Really gross and uncool, FBI:MW.

THIS ↑

I too noticed the emphasis on the perp being Jewish.  Then saw no reason why.

• Like 3

I guess someone with a head that thinks more along the HR line, made sure to include the short scene of Remy talking to Isabel (?) to get clearance to use his entire team to work on a personal (and old) case. Talk about a waste of federal assets in a time when money is tight. Oh, and for the cherry on top: “Sure,Remy, use the agency’s helicopter. Hey, you need lunch?”

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, ColJackOneill said:

Talk about a waste of federal assets in a time when money is tight. Oh, and for the cherry on top: “Sure,Remy, use the agency’s helicopter. Hey, you need lunch?”

Eh, still cheaper than what goes into the DoD budget - talk about fraud, waste and abuse and pretty much no oversight.

I'm glad the Remy drama is over but I found it odd that they just threw in some throwaway bank robbery/hostage situation.  And yes, there was no reason to focus on the Jewish aspect of the family.  They were scum and I hope they and the DA do a lot of time.  And yes, the DA's actions are going to be called into question and a lot of cases are going to get reopened, thrown out or at least trigger lawsuits.

Let's hope that next season they leave Remy's personal drama out of this show but I get the feeling that won't happen and then was there any resolution to Hannah's off the books stuff?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, psychfan said:

I’m not going to start a political fight but there have been cases of Jewish criminals fleeing to Israel to try to evade prosecution and that was the plan of Benjy in this episode, remember the line the mom said about Benjy having an uncle in Tel Aviv? That’s where he was going with his new passport and all, so it was a minor plot point. I thought the line about the mom being Jewish was kind of odd but I think they wanted the viewers to know his plan was to flee to Israel. It was only a couple of lines so it was easy to miss. But in real life this has happened multiple times.

• Like 3

If you told me McDermot wrote this terrible episode I would completely believe it.  And the well worn plot of the cop/agent who has a personal connection storming through and investigating the crime and/or catching the bad guy has been done to death and it never ever makes sense from a legal point of view. It's not just about catching the bad guy, it's about convicting them in court once you do.  These kinds of plots, if done in real life, would make it extremely difficult to prosecute since almost every move of the involved cop/agent could be seen as suspect.  Not to mention that Isobel conveniently told Remy to do whatever he wanted with whatever department resources he wanted (helicopter!!??) and his whole team and she'd divert their cases to another unit meanwhile. That doesn't even pass the smell test. But the whole thing was classic McDermot. Macho macho hero kicks in doors and takes names in the pursuit of justice!  While driving his little classic car like it's not the kind of car you keep in the garage and drive on short jaunts on weekends.  You can't treat a car like that the way he does and still have a car like that. But as long as he looks super cool and can strut and peacock and be the super macho hero guy I guess it's fine by the show.

I agree that it was using aggressively Jewish bad guys for the plot for no good reason. Add in the bad Jewish lady killed the poor Christian woman who had finally gotten right with God (Remy's statement about the dead woman).  I realize that fleeing to Israel has happened in the past, both in real life and in fiction, but this episode was really hammering the whole Jewish bad guy theme home in a very explicit way and it disturbed me. It just felt wrong somehow, like it wasn't incidental to the plot but the point. It just left a bad taste. YMMV.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

If you told me McDermot wrote this terrible episode I would completely believe it.  And the well worn plot of the cop/agent who has a personal connection storming through and investigating the crime and/or catching the bad guy has been done to death and it never ever makes sense from a legal point of view. It's not just about catching the bad guy, it's about convicting them in court once you do.  These kinds of plots, if done in real life, would make it extremely difficult to prosecute since almost every move of the involved cop/agent could be seen as suspect.  Not to mention that Isobel conveniently told Remy to do whatever he wanted with whatever department resources he wanted (helicopter!!??) and his whole team and she'd divert their cases to another unit meanwhile. That doesn't even pass the smell test. But the whole thing was classic McDermot. Macho macho hero kicks in doors and takes names in the pursuit of justice!  While driving his little classic car like it's not the kind of car you keep in the garage and drive on short jaunts on weekends.  You can't treat a car like that the way he does and still have a car like that. But as long as he looks super cool and can strut and peacock and be the super macho hero guy I guess it's fine by the show.

I agree that it was using aggressively Jewish bad guys for the plot for no good reason. Add in the bad Jewish lady killed the poor Christian woman who had finally gotten right with God (Remy's statement about the dead woman).  I realize that fleeing to Israel has happened in the past, both in real life and in fiction, but this episode was really hammering the whole Jewish bad guy theme home in a very explicit way and it disturbed me. It just felt wrong somehow, like it wasn't incidental to the plot but the point. It just left a bad taste. YMMV.

Completely agree with this entire post. 

Since Jess left, this show has turned into the Remy Hour as a showcase for Dylan McDermott. It's a real disservice to the supporting cast, who are much more interesting.

When Jess was the main character, I thought that too much time was spent on his family life but at least he was not shown as The One. Remy is depicted as a larger than life hero - which is not how I see him. The tenor of the show completely changed into a one man band when Remy replaced Jess. Now it is much more of a standard cop show as opposed to being something more unique. 

• Like 4

S04•E22 - Heaven Falling

I thought Remy's family drama has finally came to an end when they caught Mikey's killer. And then the soap opera twist happened at the end. UGH.

BENJI: "So I heard that you are an FBI agent now."

REMY: "Yes, I am. Pretty bad ass, huh?"

Am pretty sure this ad-lib came from Dylan McDermott himself because it's cringey AF.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I can't stand Remy at all. There is nothing likable about him. And I hate it that that man died without seeing his own vindication. Another Black man screwed over by the so called justice system. On the plus side I notice how capable Ray is as an agent. He wears hero very well. I want more focus on him. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Like 5
On 5/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, milkyaqua said:

Eh, still cheaper than what goes into the DoD budget - talk about fraud, waste and abuse and pretty much no oversight.

I'm glad the Remy drama is over but I found it odd that they just threw in some throwaway bank robbery/hostage situation.  And yes, there was no reason to focus on the Jewish aspect of the family.  They were scum and I hope they and the DA do a lot of time.  And yes, the DA's actions are going to be called into question and a lot of cases are going to get reopened, thrown out or at least trigger lawsuits.

Let's hope that next season they leave Remy's personal drama out of this show but I get the feeling that won't happen and then was there any resolution to Hannah's off the books stuff?

I found the bank robbery to be really random, too. I though it would somehow tie into Remy's brother's case (not sure how though). It was resolved so quickly.

I'm glad the Remy brother case is solved now. That poor witness who was killed... I feel like these shows suggest that being a witness is risky to your safety.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

That's why they have witness protection :)

True! But do people want to give up their lives and all their current connections? Granted, that could be a good thing for some. Though I've watched In Plain Sight--it doesn't always go so well!

Though I imagine you meant that in part sarcastically, as people aren't always protected. Or they're told they can go in witness protection, then end up getting deported or otherwise shafted.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2022 at 12:24 AM, MerBearHou said:

I enjoyed seeing the return of this show tonight!  Good episode, not too “Criminal Minds” deranged for my taste.  I’m fine with Remy (though in general, I prefer Julian over Dylan as actors).  Sheryl returned and is still a drag IMO.  Ortiz is missed — I liked him so much.  They need to add a guy (who will stay) to keep this from being too Charlie and his angels.  Unpopular opinion, but I like Kristen.  I like the actress’ quiet confidence and getting the job done.  I sure don’t miss the family background drama in Jess’ seasons.

Sheryl is a straight drag and she can leave any moment and I won't care. 

• Like 2

04-11-23, Miseducation of Metcalf 2" 4.17, I'm sorry I'm behind on it, but DVR still holding, also gives me something to watch over the summer. I don't want to pay extra to see Criminal Minds just to see Rossi swear.

My big question is how did press hear one girl might be pregnant? Only Kristian and Ray were in the motel room. 

I liked Hana taking Graham down, but theoretically,  soon to be alone, he could do it again. 

I also thought maybe the tobacco less smoke that Patrick blew in Mayas face, was making her and Bethany cult followers. 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, webruce said:

04-11-23, Miseducation of Metcalf 2" 4.17, I'm sorry I'm behind on it, but DVR still holding, also gives me something to watch over the summer. I don't want to pay extra to see Criminal Minds just to see Rossi swear.

My big question is how did press hear one girl might be pregnant? Only Kristian and Ray were in the motel room. 

I liked Hana taking Graham down, but theoretically,  soon to be alone, he could do it again. 

I also thought maybe the tobacco less smoke that Patrick blew in Mayas face, was making her and Bethany cult followers. 

Thought the same thing about the press.  This episode was like a throw back to Patty Hearst.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 2
On 3/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if little birds dressed him in the morning.

In his mind, I'm sure they do.

Seriously, is Remy supposed to be this ... unhinged? I get that his brother's case had him on edge, but the episode "Black Mirror" made him seem not only completely unprofessional, but barely more rational than the perps they were chasing. (Maybe the FBI's entire Office of Professional Responsibility was away at a conference that week.)

I had to stop watching L&O: Organized Chaos in part because Dylan was constantly eating the scenery, but, daaaaaamn -- this show is dark. FBI's Most Wackadoo is not for me.

• Love 3