Type keyword(s) to search

Season 26 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Chelsie and Brooklyn are tired of the dumb game play by the dumb boys. Not using the veto on yourself is the worst move Chelsie has ever seen in this game. And what is up with Cedric, telling Makensey a bunch of people want her out? He's so sweet, but use your brain. 

Chelsie rates the threats: Kenney, then Tucker, then Makensey. 

Looks like Cedric is not getting his meeting tonight. He keeps asking, but people are tired. ETA: He got the meeting. The Collective (now including Brooklyn) repledges loyalty. Long live the Collective! At least for a week or two when they have to start eating themselves.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 4

Pentagon is Brooklyn, Cam, Cedric, Chelsie and Quinn.

I lost track of who is in the Collective, but I think Joseph was a big part of it, as he was championing it even after Angela blew it up. 

• Useful 2

The Collective is the half of the house that the Triple C's like. I believe it was the same one that they tried to bring Angela into in the first week but she turned down and later called out in the hammock, leading to Feed Cut 2024.

Pentagon: The Three C's, Quinn, and Brooklyn.
The Collective: The Three C's, Kimo, T'Kor, Quinn, and Joseph's mustache.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

According to the overnight updates I'm scrolling through, it sounds like Tucker was talking about the fact that Kenney got a talking to from Production and reportedly was told that if he pulls another "I wanna go home" whinefest, they will remove him from the game and take away his stipend. Which explains why Kenney is now talking about wanting to be voted out rather than just wanting to quit and go home.

...did he really think that they would let him leave and he'd get to keep his stipend? Does no one flip through the rulebook anymore? Read the fine print on their contracts? Clearly he didn't see the Humancent-iPad episode of South Park. Always read the terms and conditions and fine print!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Brooklyn must also be in Collective. I remember reading about Joseph’s mustache freaking out the other day because she was at the meeting and he didn’t even know she was in the alliance lol. 

I am not down for this Collective/Pentagon alliance but I also don’t wanna see Tucker get what he wants with Quinn nommed by America. 

• Like 4

I think my brain has stopped trying to keep track of alliance names and members. If I know certain people are allies, don't bother asking me the stupid alliance name because I won't know. If I know a stupid alliance name, don't bother asking me who's in it because I won't know.

I know this and I know that but I have absolutely no clue how they connect to one another. Even my brain knows it's a fruitless endeavor.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Brooklyn was recently added to Collective because someone (Chelsie?) advocated for her despite some pushback from others (Cam). 

In addition to this unwieldy alliance that includes about 3/4 of the house (like, if you wonder if someone’s in the Collective, the answer is probably yes), there seem to be a record number of very short term named alliance that last about a day. There was the Barbershop, the Ballkeepers, one for Tucker’s ill-fated plan, and others I can’t even remember. It’s like they need to create an alliance for every conversation.

Now there’s a “joke” one called SALT that involves Quinn, Joseph, and a few other guys. They’re saying it stands for Stars at Laser Tag or some such BS, but as confessed to Angela, the true acronym is much dirtier. (Let's just say it involves things they like to do to women. And it's not objectifying at all.)

Also, what is up with Quinn's need to tell Angela everything? Does he have a mommy complex or something?

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Question (I'm new to the show):  can America vote Angela back into the vote-out-group even though she was saved?

Each power/twist will come with its own set of rules but generally I'd say the safe answer is no.

Watch, I say that and she can be this time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Standard Veto rules apply. Supposedly.

Someone lock Grodner out of the studio so she can't change the rules.*

*unless it's someone I don't want nominated. In that case... go ham, Grod.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

The Collective is the half of the house that the Triple C's like. I believe it was the same one that they tried to bring Angela into in the first week but she turned down and later called out in the hammock, leading to Feed Cut 2024.

Pentagon: The Three C's, Quinn, and Brooklyn.
The Collective: The Three C's, Kimo, T'Kor, Quinn, and Joseph's mustache.

I continue to adore the fact that the Three C's are openly controlling the whole house and the rest of the house are just, like, "Okay, let's just let them do that." 

To be fair, controlling the house in Week 3 doesn't necessarily mean anything for the rest of the game (but often it does). 

• Like 1
(edited)

Tucker just told Kenney and the Mustache that the "f***ing ants just ate my f***ing butt." 

GO TEAM ANTS!

Tucker continues to discuss his awesomeness.  If America's choice* is someone strong who wins the AI Arena (in other words, Beats Tucker) and Tucker then goes home the Tucker-Beater (dirty!) will be his number one and choice to win it all. 

Again I say, Go Team Ants. 

*Jokers is saying Tucker said Quinn.   But I didn't hear that. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 8/5/2024 at 4:35 AM, 30 Helens said:

How do Cam and Cedric solve a problem like Quinn? (How do they catch a cloud and pin it down?)

Heeeeere we go. @Brian Cronin will be here any minute with something about Tootie (Tootsie?) and her trolley bell 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Earlier this morning, before breakfast:

Brooklyn and Rubina are talking outside. Brooklyn tells Rubina that she (Rubina) is the one who can balance Tucker and get him to do right.  She also says that of all the potential showmances, Tucker/Rubina is is the only one that makes sense outside of the house.  She says that Cam and Leah are clearly playing one another, and other people would just do it, because it's the house.

Rubina then talks about Kenney.  She says that she never talks to him and asks if anyone does.  Brooklyn says that Cedric does, and that probably means that Chelsie does, too, but also says that Leah is somewhat close to him.  Weird.  (But it's likely because she voted for Matt to stay.)  Brooklyn asks how Rubina feels about Quinn now, and Rubina says she's trying to figure it out still, but it makes her wary.  She throws it back to Brooklyn, who says that she gets why he lied about the power, but she still feels like he should've trusted them with the info about the power.  Nonetheless, everyone still likes him.

They seem to be throwing this out in a way that could be targeting Quinn, though very softly.  They're saying he's very well-liked and is a superfan.  They say that he's still honest, and Brooklyn gets why he lied about the power because he started doing it, then was in too deep.  That he never wanted to go back on the lie and admit it, because the people about whom he cared were never in danger.

Rubina says that the part that she doesn't like is that some people knew, but didn't share it.  She recaps how T'kor is upset that Kimo didn't tell her, and that he played into conversations about how Quinn didn't really have it, while he knew the whole time that he really did.

Brooklyn then makes fun of the guys and says that a mess like that would only happen with boy HoHs.  She said, "It could only happen on an eighteen-year-old's HoH."  Ha!

Rubina passing on that Makensy said that if she wins HoH, she is nominating Cedric.  Brooklyn doesn't know what kind of game MJ is playing, but then says that it's probably because she doesn't even have a game.

Talk turns to making fun of Leah's gameplay. They say that she gives out "I have your back" and "I trust our room," but it's too late in the game for those vague promises.  Leah also told Brooklyn that she's stringing Cam along, which Brooklyn says is obvious.

Brooklyn's grand plan is to get out Angela, Kenney, MJ, and Leah, and then be into jury (assuming that they've permanently returned to seven pre-jury evictions and seven jurors).  Lord Jesus.

• Like 3

Compared to yesterday, today's feeds have been pretty boring.   At least when I've dropped in for a look.   As Rodney notes, a lot of speculation about America's choice.  A lot of Tucker being Tucker.

This morning Angela asked "is Tucker making breaky?"  That kind of made me sick and I haven't been anywhere near 3 day old shrimp.

Finally, in an effort to kill five minutes, I have expanded on @30 Helens query on what to do with Quinn.  

How do you solve a problem like Quinn-ia?                                                            How do you grab his hair and pin him down?                                                              How do you find a word that means Quinn-ia?                                                            An alliance hog, secretive, a clown

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
(edited)

After breakfast:

Tucker, Leah, and Chelsie are still talking shit about Lisa, discussing how things have gotten cleaner and how shocking it was to see Cam holding a broom the other day.  They're remembering Lisa by talking about some flax seed thing she made that she left out for days and became gross.

Tucker later talks to Rubina and Leah about yesterday and how Cedric fucked him over, reminding them that Quinn was a liar and has made three F2s.  Leah says that she is one, and then Tucker says, "Well, that's four, then."

He's campaigning against Quinn, but jury's out on whether Grodner would let America do so.

Leah and Tucker are now making fun of how Cedric doesn't know at all what he's doing, but Leah and Rubina do admit that he's overplaying that and has watched more of the show than he lets on.  Tucker says that everyone already thinks that Cedric is a dumb kid, so it makes sense for him to play that up.  Leah recaps how she pinpointed every person in Cedric's alliance to him and he still lied about it.

Rubina hasn't added anything to the conversation, so it's hard to gauge where her head is at here.  Leah also talks about how Cedric's argument for Makensy instead of Tucker's plan makes zero sense.  She'd already had talked about this, but now showing how Cedric is a danger because he asked Leah whom she'd put up if she becomes the next HoH.  They now discuss how Makensy and Leah were Cedric's original target,s but he went away from that, and they're saying that he's denying all of that now.  Rubina does pipe in to say that Cedric didn't ask whom she would put up.

Tucker, Rubina, and Leah move on to talking about Cam.  Tucker tried to tell her (Leah) that he really did care for her and, last week, was saying that he'd give up the game for her, but Leah says that that's changed, recapping how yesterday went and him criticizing her game, by which Rubina is shocked.

Makensy and Angela talk about the power and how Quinn will absolutely use it next week if he's here, but will play it safe.  He'll avoid winning the HoH Competiton, talk to the HoH all night and get a sense of what they want, then play it and do what the HoH wants, but make sure that he's not a possible nomination option.  Makensy nailed that.  It's almost exactly what he'll do.

Quinn talks weirdly as Makensy comes walking through about how it hurts even more today to see her ignoring him.  No one really reacts (Joseph, Chelsie, and Brooklyn are sitting at the big table), but Makensy kinda pauses to laugh at him, and then keeps moving.  Awkward.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4
(edited)

Pausing this to say that Brooklyn definitely feels like the best player currently.  Although I feel like nobody would take her to the F2.

The other thing is that Kenney identified her as a threat, but she knows about that.  Joseph has mentioned this, too, but nobody else knows that Joseph has identified this.

Brooklyn can definitely become the next Maggie.  She’s in with every single one of the girls except Makensy, as well as several of the men.

Rubina is playing well now, too.  She’s already recognized her position and has been working on T’kor to keep Tucker around.  She doesn’t know about the Collective, either, but might be getting close to.

I still think that she’s kinda boring, but if Quinn is up there to be nominated, then things might get dicey.  I don’t think that Quinn leaves against Kenney, though.  Against Tucker, though, the vote would be very interesting.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3

More about this morning:

Kenney campaigns to Cam to send him home if he's on the block at the end of the week.  God, I hate his lack of drive to play the game.

Kenney basically says that people lied all about him and what he said (he never called Brooklyn a snake, for example), and that it is what it is. He compares himself and Tucker to Cam and Red last season because of the misunderstanding.

. . . Nah, might be because you're an old fart who doesn't give a shit about being there and isn't worth this recap.  Moving on.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

From close to four p.m. EST (one p.m. PST/BBT):

Tucker, Chelsie, and Makensy talking shit about Cedric together.  Tucker says that Cedric asked, "Tucker, do you have anything to say?" during the meeting, and Tucker said, "Well, yeah, but he's just trying to think up a lie and toss it to me.  You started the meeting, you figure it out."

Makensy now talks about confronting Cedric and throwing a whole lot more "fucking" in her sentences than she did in the actual HoH conversation yesterday (apparently, she's talking about a conversation that was off the feeds, so never mind).  She then talks about how Cedric told her that he was going to tell her the truth and then just stood there with his wheels turning forever until he said, "Let's go to the living room."  Then, he runs outside to Cam, whom Chelsie says was outside crying, to get his story aligned before he even told it to Makensy.

Tucker and Makensy talk about lying and how unnecessary it is until maybe the F5.  (Whatever, you two.)  Now Tucker says that Cedric's offer was "Well, what if America picks Quinn?"  Tucker says, "What if?"

Wow.  I love that they hate Cedric now.  (Just game hate, but still . . .)

Angela talked to Joseph about reality TV and says that BB and Survivor are her top two shows.  She's seen every Survivor season.

Angela says to Joseph that she loves The Price is Right.

Girl, we know!

She hates TAR, though, which makes me give her the side-eye.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1

Damn.  The feeds just cut into the bathroom during what seems like an interesting conversation.  Makensy is letting the shower water run while she stands there, and Brooklyn is telling her about some sort of plan.  She says that they wanted to get Makensy up, but then says that it was actually Quinn all behind it, which isn't a story I've heard her tell before.

Makensy says that when Tucker didn't play the Veto on himself is when she realized that she was going to be the replacement nominee.  Brooklyn says that "they" played it right, because they got one power used and the other one exposed.

Basically, it sounds like they're distrusting Cedric more than anyone, but I wanted to hear more about what Brooklyn was saying regarding Quinn's involvement.

• Like 1

Even though today was kind of blah, I really am enjoying the hell out of this week. While the Collective is still good - for now - it’s just one tiny misunderstanding/miscommunocation/mild disagreement away from being busted for good. Several people had their games spectacularly blow up, only for them to possibly still be in a good spot.

And we all mock BB and their desire to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, but I think the AI comp might be the one. I like the fact that it makes the HOH’s job even messier. I like that it makes the final vote still somewhat up in the air. I like that it gives the nominees one final chance to save their own selves. And it’s fun to watch Julie desperately try to get people to scheme after it’s done! Although I do hate the fact that I won’t ever know who wins HOH until the next morning. 

As for this week, I need Kenney gone. Enough is enough. He manages to be exceedingly boring and annoying at the same time. He wants to leave, just give him what he wants! And then torture Tucker for another week by not doing what he thinks everyone should be doing. 

• Like 14
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

And we all mock BB and their desire to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, but I think the AI comp might be the one. I like the fact that it makes the HOH’s job even messier. I like that it makes the final vote still somewhat up in the air. I like that it gives the nominees one final chance to save their own selves. And it’s fun to watch Julie desperately try to get people to scheme after it’s done! Although I do hate the fact that I won’t ever know who wins HOH until the next morning. 

Agreed on all points. I'm a little taken aback that this one is actually a decent twist so far.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, I suppose 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

The hamsters are fine. Feeds are already back up. I would have liked to see their reaction: I bet Angela was running around the back yard, wailing and waving her hands.

I agree with @Katesus7 that this AI comp (and, to a lesser extent, the powers) has turned out to be a very good thing. If only they had left the "AI" and Ainsley out of it, because that part is still dumb as fuck.

But the live comp does add some welcome uncertainty and suspense to eviction night. It's still a little too easy to make contingency plans, so "vote with the house" is still unfortunately a thing. I wish Julie wouldn't reveal the final tally, so people might actually feel free to vote as they wish.

As for the powers, it's kind of unfortunate that Quinn's got defanged. It would have been fun if he did something crazy with it like put up Cam or Cedric, thinking he'd be anonymous, but then got exposed after. Now it's just going to be a boring do-what-the-house-wants exercise.

Still kind of hoping America puts up Quinn and the others blindside him. But I also want to see Julie smack Tucker with her note cards. I can't decide.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who exactly is in The Collective? 

At this point, it would probably be quicker to ask who isn’t in The Collective.

(Hint: which HGs have not yet been OTB this season…?)

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who exactly is in The Collective? And the Pentagon?

Cam, Cedric, Chelsie, Quinn, Kimo, T'kor, Joseph, and Brooklyn.

Angela was offered a spot in the alliance, but got paranoid about it and thought that it was a fake alliance.  Or thought that it was real, but coming after her.  (The fact that even the announcer guy called her paranoia "inexplicable" says A LOT about Angela's . . . well . . . paranoia.)  Too late, she realized that it was real.

Just recently, Brooklyn took the spot that Angela had previously been offered.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think my brain has stopped trying to keep track of alliance names and members.

I think the problem with the evolution of the game now is people jump into alliances and name them too quickly at the behest of the producers.  Then they realize that the people they aligned with are crazytown banana pants and they have to worm they way out of it or add more people to it to fix things.  Then we have 15 different alliances, yet none of them are legit.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I think The Collective will probably stand for a couple more weeks at least. A lot of them will hopefully throw HOH though so maybe an outlier can win and break it up before then.

• Like 2

OF the bullshit games that fuck with the spirit of the show, I agree that AI Arena has been better than most. It hasn't been a "Strongest dude automatically wins" competition, and it's not throwable, and having it be "only" three nominees is better, as well. 

I still don't like it (give me old school two nominees every time), but yes, I will admit that it is must better than its predecessor, the Battle of the Block. 

• Like 8
On 8/6/2024 at 11:00 AM, Callaphera said:

According to the overnight updates I'm scrolling through, it sounds like Tucker was talking about the fact that Kenney got a talking to from Production and reportedly was told that if he pulls another "I wanna go home" whinefest, they will remove him from the game and take away his stipend. Which explains why Kenney is now talking about wanting to be voted out rather than just wanting to quit and go home.

...did he really think that they would let him leave and he'd get to keep his stipend? Does no one flip through the rulebook anymore? Read the fine print on their contracts? Clearly he didn't see the Humancent-iPad episode of South Park. Always read the terms and conditions and fine print!

apparently Kenney's undercover work must have been a type where he got to go home every night? I think he's bored out of his mind and the thought of months of this is too much.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

. It hasn't been a "Strongest dude automatically wins" competition,

So far. Depending on how much production likes Tucker, we may see a change this week. 

But yeah, in general, comps have been less overtly physical. And that may be the season’s best twist of all.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Slider said:

I think the problem with the evolution of the game now is people jump into alliances and name them too quickly at the behest of the producers.  Then they realize that the people they aligned with are crazytown banana pants and they have to worm they way out of it or add more people to it to fix things.  Then we have 15 different alliances, yet none of them are legit.

Every single time someone gets "excited" over naming an alliance, I think to myself that they were prodded into all of it by the producers. No one cares THAT much or gets THAT excited EVERY TIME at coming up with a dopey name for their (usually temporary) alliance.

Unless you're Ian and you lie about how you formed said alliance with said dopey name as some sort of selling point for your game.

• Like 2
(edited)

A few minutes ago, Brooklyn and Leah were talking in the unicorn room, and it does sound like that they're keeping Tucker if he stays on the block after the AI Arena, but only if he's against Kenney or Quinn if he's nominated by America.  If he's against somebody unexpected, then he's gone.

Kenney will be evicted no matter whom is next to him, as many of the women don't trust him not to come after them.  Brooklyn, in particular, knows that he's coming after her for perceiving her as the leader of a women's alliance and doesn't want to risk him staying and becoming HoH.

If Quinn goes up, then he's only safe against Kenney.  He will go home against Tucker.

If somebody unexpected goes up, then that person will be safe, no matter what.  Whether Kenney or Tucker is against him or her, that person is safe, and Kenney or Tucker will be booted.

Edited by Rodney
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

A few minutes ago, Brooklyn and Leah were talking in the unicorn room, and it does sound like that they're keeping Tucker if he stays on the block after the AI Arena, but only if he's against Kenney or Quinn if he's nominated by America.  If he's against somebody unexpected, then he's gone.

Kenney will be evicted no matter whom is next to him, as many of the women don't trust him not to come after them.  Brooklyn, in particular, knows that he's coming after her for perceiving her as the leader of a women's alliance and doesn't want to risk him staying and becoming HoH.

If Quinn goes up, then he's only safe against Kenney.  He will go home against Tucker.

If somebody unexpected goes up, then that person will be safe, no matter what.  Whether Kenney or Tucker is against him or her, that person is safe, and Kenney or Tucker will be booted.

So Kenney first, Quinn second, Tucker third in terms of who's in the most danger. More or less, anyway.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

So Kenney first, Quinn second, Tucker third in terms of who's in the most danger. More or less, anyway.

Exactly.  Kenney no matter what (if he loses the AI Arena), Quinn only if he's against Tucker, and Tucker only if he's against someone unexpected (the odds-on favorite to get nominated if Quinn doesn't win the vote is Joseph, and he and Quinn have the highest odds so far, and no one wants Joseph to go yet).

This is making me realize I don't have a gauge on who America would vote for as the new nominee. I usually have something of a pulse on it but I have no clue this time.

This is at least partly my own fault.

(edited)

We've had an alcohol delivery tonight: a six pack (maybe eight considering how many are in the house) of beer and two bottles of wine.

Man, the days of Rachel's HoH tequila and Janelle's frozen margarita in a Ziploc hidden under the summer veg medley seem so far away.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Eyeland Baby said:

Say more about crazytown banana pants. 

But then again... Who hasn't had the odd banana in his or her pants?

Edited by Slider
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

What is it with this house where the HGs feel the need to torture us with horrendous English accents? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2024 at 1:59 AM, 30 Helens said:

Kenney is very indecisive and led by his changing emotions. Great quality for an undercover cop.

I don't know; one might argue that trusting your gut instincts would work well in that profession.

On 8/3/2024 at 1:42 AM, ByaNose said:

Doesn’t [Kenney] know he can self evict at any time?

But that would cost him his stipend, right?  He'd rather leave on his shield than burn his paycheck, I suppose.

On 8/3/2024 at 8:36 PM, Nashville said:

[Possible Kenney/Angela sexual tension would be] Yet again another demonstration of this forum’s dire need for a good vomit emoji.

I dunno, now I'm rather hoping they win HoH and act on their desires…as long as they follow the example of S9's "Crazy" James and Chelsia and do it on top of the covers, so as to force the cameras not to film them.

I just get an evil thrill out of thinking about the producers who are in charge of following Kenney and Angela (every HG has a "personal producer" who monitors them) wanting to gouge their own eyes out in this scenario.  Sorry!

• LOL 3
On 8/4/2024 at 12:36 AM, Nashville said:

#TeamWillow!!!

I knew you were my bro, Bro.  #Wiffy forever!

(If Buffy feels the need for something. er, cold, she can stick the "back massager" that Willow gave her for her 21st birthday in the freezer for an hour.  No muss, no fuss.)

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

I dunno, now I'm rather hoping they win HoH and act on their desires…as long as they follow the example of S9's "Crazy" James and Chelsia and do it on top of the covers, so as to force the cameras not to film them.

They're both married, happily so, so those chances are highly unlikely.