Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

We just saw this show last week so we don't need to review what's happened with flashbacks, let's get on to the drama. J&C are cute, but boring. YAAAS here come V&M

LOL at the pained, nervous looks of the "experts" when Monet is talking.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

Too slow paced. Enough already with the flashbacks.

It's torturous!! I can't bear it. And they've started with the least objectionable couple, so I'm scared I might cut my wrists if I try to stick through TWO hours of this.

I don't mind telling you I just don't CARE enough about Jason and Cortney to sit through this rehashmashcornucopia o' crap.

And that smug panel of moronic experts sitting with their insipid grins!

Oh Dr Joseph looks disapproving of Monet! Ha. Dear Dr Joseph what kind of collar is on that shirt you're wearing, man. Ug!

The experts don't like Monet. Look at their faces! Charlatans.

Oh they can't file for divorce til Oct 1?! All a bunch of bs

Darling Vaughn says the failure was 60-40 Monets fault. Ok darlin.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 4

We just saw this show last week so we don't need to review what's happened with flashbacks, let's get on to the drama. J&C are cute, but boring. YAAAS here come V&M

LOL at the pained, nervous looks of the "experts" when Monet is talking.

Yes! Wow. Such unprofessional professionals.

I think Monet had her eyes done.

I dislike Vaughn more than ever.

• Love 3

@JAndy,

http://www.ibtimes.c...himself-1689919

Thanks!!  While all that may be true, they still screwed up in a way that none of them will admit to.  I 100% believe that they felt that they had to be PC and have a minority couple come hell or high water.  I wonder if a minority had been an expert, they would have matched them?  Or they would have not allowed it by reminding them they we are only relying on the scientific data and interviews not play their PC game.   

• Love 3

I think Monet had her eyes done.

I'm not sure about that but she looks really, really good.  I like her hair shorter and I think she lost weight.  I think that Courtney lost weight too.  Or maybe she did her make up  to make it look like it. 

• Love 2

Hearing them talk you can hear what a traditional role of marriage all of the people running the experiment believe in.  It's all about the woman taking care of the man. 

What does she have on her cleavage though?  There's a statement necklace and there's that.

• Love 4

"There's nothing wrong with your hand". Can't believe Monet put that out there.

Hearing them talk you can hear what a traditional role of marriage all of the people running the experiment believe in.  It's all about the woman taking care of the man.

Yes, it seems like Cortney is giving up herself to take care of Jason.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2

Vaughn's 60/40 comment was crappy. Vaughn definitely has his flaws but I find Monet just so abrasive and self-righteous that I just can't get behind her. Don't know why but Vaughn just seems more honest about who he is in comparison to Monet. I so believe that she was putting on a front for the camera. She has a "nice nasty" way about her that just grates. Vaughn... cussing is not cool man. Some class please.

Definitely feel like Monet kept going for the jugular with Vaughn... whew. Glad it all ended "civilly" enough. Although Monet seemed like she was struggling to say nice things about Vaughn.

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 2

Yes Vaughns cursing, his sweaty face and head, and his deep sighs are betraying a VERY SMALL child-man.

What's with Dr Joseph's weird puffy chipmunk face tonight?

Does Vaughn really date strong Black women? I wish some of his exes would come out of the woodwork.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 5

The blonde younger "expert" seemed to blame Monet.  Monet has admitted repeatedly that she now realizes that she thought she wanted some things that she really doesn't or in a different way and just tonight she admitted that she didn't convey what she felt about about a man and his career well.

To quote Oprah:  "When you know better, you do better."  Monet now knows but before she didn't and the "expert" doesn't need to blame her!! 

• Love 3

That guy is still swearing by his "instruments" being correct in pairing Monet and Vaughn. He will never admit he goofed.

*eye roll* They'd better swap out at least 2 of these so-called experts next season. Cilona and his "infallible psychological instruments" should be # 1 on the chopping block. Man, BYE! When are they going to admit that African Americans were under-represented in their pool of respondents , so they really matched Vaughn and Monet because they were the only 2 black folks who sorta fit? I think Cilona knows his spot is up for grabs, which is why he seems so defensive about the epic fail with those two.

Edited by Matilde
  • Love 8

That guy is still swearing by his "instruments" being correct in pairing Monet and Vaughn. He will never admit he goofed.

Yeah. Sorry dude, your instruments have cracked and exploded and are leaking mercury!

Three of the experts are stubbornly digging in their heels. Harvard atheist minister is dreaming of Jason's hugs and wants more.

Jamie really knows how to schmooze the experts. Quite the manipulator.

• Love 6

Poor Vaughn. Seems clear he doesn't really like women other than his mother and those willing to provide short term storage for his cock and thank him profusely for such a favor.  I think a lot of his anger with Monet is his own issues with not finding women attractive beyond the bang.  He has this idealized sense of what he thinks he should desire and no woman exists on earth that would provide that.  Vaughn is a clear example as to why there are valid arguments as to legalizing the sex trade.  He just needs fucked regularly and anonymously in between mom cooking him a meal a week. 

Monet has issues otherwise she would not have done this show in the first place.  But she does have a glimmer of self-awareness and hope she takes that and grows with it.  She'll also find that a quick bang is better even if she never sees the guy again when the guy says goodbye and doesn't act like he just tarnished his golden dick. 

The experts are so desperate.  Clearly you can see the thought bubble over their heads to the book deals, the talk show appearances, the dating service and the second season expand every time they opened their clueless self serving traps. 

• Love 15

I'm sorry but Jamie looking so ADORINGLY at Doug seems phony to me. Looking so deep into his eyes, sitting close and NOW, she is CRYING, too! Shudders. And now she's schmoozing and praising her mother in law.

Her walls are down now, she says!

I can't wait for them to announce their divorce.

Geez did they promise Jamie another show, she just keeps sucking up to the "experts"

I will give Jamie this: She REALLY knows how to play the Game! Disingenuous x 100

What's disturbing is how easily the experts are falling for her bs. Where are their bs-o-meters?

• Love 9

I'm sorry but Jamie looking so ADORINGLY at Doug seems phony to me. Looking so deep into his eyes, sitting close and NOW, she is CRYING, too! Shudders. And now she's schmoozing and praising her mother in law.

Her walls are down now, she says!

I can't wait for them to announce their divorce.

lmao! y'all are so cynical. I loves me some Jamie Otis and her over-the-top eye couture. She's a hot mess and I'm here for it...all of it. I wonder what Doug thinks he's getting out of the relationship besides a smokin hawt wife? The conversation has always mostly been about what she needs/needed from him.

• Love 3

The one expert broached individual therapy with Monet tonight but I really want to know if Jamie is in therapy. 

On Jamie:  I'm buying it!!  I really am!!  What's wrong with me???????

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 3

Yes, Jamie is sure following the script for her story line - she is letting down her walls she had because of her past because the experts knew what was best for her. My eyes are rolling back in my head listening to her.

Both Jamie AND Doug, to me, are really putting on a show tonight.

She just said she's desperately in love with Doug, and this is the FIRST time she's told him! Then Doug said the same thing (without the "desperately). I'm so glad they saved that special moment for the cameras!

Matilde and crgirl 412,

I hope you're right! I really do. It would be nice.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 6

Poor Vaughn.. Monet continues to throw punches saying he isn't ready but he has potential.. Man, That's cruel. I think the world of Vaughn and I understand exactly how he was feeling.. Monet was all bubbly and laughs but there was no real emotion or connection fRom Monet. He wanted her to be compassionate, affectionate, lovey dovey to go with all her bubbly giggles. And I don't blame him at all. From the jump I understood. Man, I wish they would have paired us together.. We would have Stayed Married! I HEART VAUGHN!

• Love 3

She just said she's desperately in love with Doug, and this is the FIRST time she's told him! Then Doug said the same thing (without the "desperately). I'm so glad they saved that special moment for the cameras!

You mean Jamie and Doug willingly and eagerly hoping they just provided the "last season on 'Married at First Sight' clip"

• Love 3

Poor Vaughn.. Monet continues to throw punches saying he isn't ready but he has potential.. Man, That's cruel. I think the world of Vaughn and I understand exactly how he was feeling.. Monet was all bubbly and laughs but there was no real emotion or connection fRom Monet. He wanted her to be compassionate, affectionate, lovey dovey to go with all her bubbly giggles. And I don't blame him at all. From the jump I understood. Man, I wish they would have paired us together.. We would have Stayed Married! I HEART VAUGHN!

Ryfoxx 83, are you in the ny/ nj area or close? Tweet Vaughn and ask him to meet up for a drink!

https://mobile.twitter.com/VCopeland55

http://www.phillyfaces.com/model/vaughn/index.html

Armchair Critic, Cortney is mature, but Jason seems very young for his age to me. Boyish. He's OK though, I think. I hope C and J work out.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

"There's nothing wrong with your hand."

That would get a man bitchslapped into next week in my house if I had just had surgery. Geez!

My husband said he knows better than to say to that to me. My response "that's why we've been happily married for 16 years." My ghetto white girl came out when Monet said he said that with a "oh no he didn't." With the way their relationship was going you knew that was the nail in the coffin.

• Love 1

It pained me to see Vaughn and Monet going at each other, but on the other hand I guess it was cathartic.  It looks like Vaughn really, truly can't stand Monet.  I know she doesn't seem to like him all that much either, but he was shaking at times when he was talking to her/about her.  One thing I do think Vaughn was right about is that Monet needs a 40ish successful man because someone her age or in his 30s just isn't "man" enough.  That's cutting to a guy.  I think Monet had better get used to just having her dog around her.  

I got all teary-eyed with Cortney and Jason, even if they were kind of boring.  I just think they're so cute and made for each other and I wish them all the best.

Jamie and Doug just kind of disgust me, they really do. 

• Love 8

So in a sense can we say that Monet wasn't really forthcoming with the experts? I get that she now has some hindsight and realizes what "traditional" gender roles in a marriage are and now acknowledges that she wants a man a man who is successful (i.e. monied). So maybe the judges did not do such a bad job with them after all. I think for this to really work... the participants have to be really honest and self-aware. The experts can only use what's given to them. 

I don't know if Vaughn was kidding when said that about her hand. But Monet really threw him under the bus by telling that on tv.

Yep... agreed. She really wanted people to hate Vaughn. I don't think Vaughn brought up any personal off-camera dirt about her if I am not mistaken. Kinda agreed with Vaughn that his mother was off-limits. Unfortunately the hand comment was made by Vaughn... he owned up to it.

• Love 2

I thought it was funny when Monet implied that Vaughn didn't like black women then Vaughn had the experts confirm that he wanted a black woman. Then she claimed he wanted a light skinned black woman. I think the worst one in that relationship was Cilona, because he apparently doesn't think chemistry is a real thing with couples.

I suppose Jamie (and Doug) could be a big fame whore in this, but she's working pretty hard considering she had to get married, have marital relations and stay with a guy for a show on second-tier digital cable.

• Love 4

At first I was sympathetic to Doug thinking he was a poor underdog. But the more I see of him I think he is the type of man who believes he deserves a hot chick and is actually as big of a fame ho as Jamie.

Yep... he essentially said as much during the show.

• Love 3

Doug is the template for how a not that hot guy pulls a hot girl. Put up with the crazy for long enough, and you're golden.

The one thing about Vaughn's "hand" comment is that it puts the surgery thing into perspective. I remember he kept whining about not being thanked for that, and now I think we know what "thank" translates to. I don't think Vaughn needs to go to hookers, though. He's got another 5 years of decent 1 night stands before he's too old.

• Love 6