Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

I didn't get through it yet; had to FF through some of the redundant speech. I still found her annoying, & Doug pretty boring.

I was mostly annoyed with the shots of the big, new house with the constant cries of 'Doug is out of work - we're in a house we can't afford, & we're having a baby!" - I mean, that kind of took nerve. She's doing network gigs with MAFS, now this, & she's complaining about having to go back to work as a nurse- when she has a good job & many don't - & that they can't afford their big new house (maybe downsize? maybe shouldn't have bought the damn thing?). They've got some lovely furnishings & the baby's room is lacking for nothing - they are not suffering. It was really self centered of them to be whining about it & expect sympathy.

Again, I haven't finished it yet, & it's way too stinkin' long (FF helps), but she's still as insufferable as ever, to me anyway.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I was mostly annoyed with the shots of the big, new house with the constant cries of 'Doug is out of work - we're in a house we can't afford, & we're having a baby!" - I mean, that kind of took nerve. She's doing network gigs with MAFS, now this, & she's complaining about having to go back to work as a nurse- when she has a good job & many don't - & that they can't afford their big new house (maybe downsize? maybe shouldn't have bought the damn thing?). They've got some lovely furnishings & the baby's room is lacking for nothing - they are not suffering. It was really self centered of them to be whining about it & expect sympathy.

Jamie's probably comparing her life to some other reality stars' lives and feeling that she's not as well-off as they are. The first ones that come to mind are Sean and Catherine from "The Bachelor", but that is a much more popular show and it's on ABC instead of a cable channel. Those two have made a lot of appearances on reality shows over the years (Marriage Boot Camp, Dancing with the Stars), shill a lot of products on social media and have invested their money in real estate. Catherine seems to be a stay-at-home mom with a side business selling stationary that she designed (she used to be a graphic designer for Amazon so it's in her wheelhouse). Sean & Catherine have a pretty nice, big house in Dallas with nice furnishings and seem to take a lot of vacations. Maybe this is the lifestyle Jamie envies?

If Jamie & Doug were really struggling, they should rent out the spare bedrooms in their house or like you said, downsize. In addition to her MAFS gigs, Jamie also shills products on social media. She has multiple streams of revenue.

On a different note, I really hope Jamie & Doug's show doesn't get good ratings because I don't want Nick from season 4 and his baby momma/life coach to get a similar show like Nick has expressed to Fox News.

• Love 2

I don't believe they are struggling. But regardless, they need to stop whining about it on TV on a show that is paying them to whine about it. How stupid & insulting to viewers.

Jamie does seem like the type who will never be happy. She wants, she wants, she wants, she's always wanted, always wanted... it's her mantra. 

And just to get petty, she could afford a salon to bleach her hair before Doug, so now with all these TLC gigs & a steady job I can't fathom why she lets Doug near her hair with that awful, never before seen in nature, brown-ish 'color'.  To add insult to injury, she also matches her eyebrows, which are huge & scary looking.

And for crap's sake she needs to put down the damn mascara. She still hasn't learned how to use it responsibly.

• Love 2
On 12/20/2017 at 7:59 PM, Snarklepuss said:

Considering how insufferable Jamie is this wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be.  The baby is beautiful.  I skipped over the first hour and it was still too long.  2 and a half hours?  Are they serious?  I was working on my computer so it was like background noise.  I feel kind of sorry for Jamie that her mother hadn't even met her own granddaughter after 3 months.  Randomly, Doug doesn't look like either of his parents.

This does look like a series but the next 2 episodes are only a half hour each.

Yes it sucks with her mom BUT she is not the first to have that happen with a mother and won't be the last. The last time my kids saw my parents was at my grandma's funeral in 2009. Before that I couldn't even tell you but was probably a month after I had my daughter back in 2006. They aren't asked about unless it suits some need to act like she is a caring and in their lives grandparent to "friends" of her's. I know others that have had it this way as well and some worse. At least she doesn't have to fear her mother saying some put down to her as some of us would have to or worry it would be worse and done to our kids. So I don't have much pity for her in any manner really considering its one of those things she has gone on and on and on about over the years while at the same time being "its all about me, me, me". If she is whining about affording things while doing this show, yea, I really have no pity for her. The people that would watch this all know she has done the after shows for MAFS, little snippets for MAFS  and so on and so forth...besides pawning whatever items on SM, trying to sell a book (am sure the how to parent one is next), jewelry and whatever else. Yes people lose jobs after buying a home without a warning its coming but I would bet they had more then enough to get by on and not worry over a thing. 

On 12/21/2017 at 7:55 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Jamie is living the dream.  She just has not realized it yet!

And she never will because the dream will just get bigger.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:31 AM, humbleopinion said:

Baby Hehner thought bubble...Why are there itsy bitsy spiders coming out of Mommy's eyes?.....

LMAO

• Love 4