Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Please tell me I'm not the only person who was bored. It just went on too long. And I'm saying that from a comfortable chair in an air conditioned house. I can't imagine standing in a crowd in a track suit on a warm night watching all that.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Please tell me I'm not the only person who was bored. It just went on too long. And I'm saying that from a comfortable chair in an air conditioned house. I can't imagine standing in a crowd in a track suit on a warm night watching all that.

am very bored. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Why is Jimmy Fallon doing commentary, exactly?  He's really not bringing anything to the table here.  I guess because of the LA handoff?  It's just really out of place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, greycoupon said:

Why is Jimmy Fallon doing commentary, exactly?  He's really not bringing anything to the table here.  I guess because of the LA handoff?  It's just really out of place.

He's at least keeping his comments to a minimum. I find him cringy and obnoxious. I'd take Kelly and Payton again over him. 

• Like 1

I'm more bored now than I was by the artsy-fartsy stuff.  I thought that stuff was gorgeous.

I'm not averse to new-to-me music, but this just isn't speaking to me.

• Like 4
(edited)

Of COURSE the cameras keep panning to those hideous USA outfits 😆

When I was a kid, the closing ceremonies always came across as equal parts weird and magical. Watching the Golden Voyager Warrior et. al brought that back for me, but in a good way. I enjoyed it.

Loved seeing the camera pan to Imane Khelif when the Algerian athletes entered the stadium! So so happy for her.

Edited by wanderingstar
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, wanderingstar said:

Loved seeing the camera pan to Imane Khelif when the Algerian athletes entered the stadium! So so happy for her.

She won a medal, but sadly she also filed a legal complaint due to all the bullying that she faced. 

• Sad 6
Just now, wanderingstar said:

Nobody knows how to grind an event to a halt like Thomas Bach-lol

thankfully this is his last olympics so we'll never have to put up w/him again

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Oh my God I'm so bored.  Bring back Michael Vartan's doppelganger.  I'd rather listen to that man recite building codes on French over Thomas Bach.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Surprisingly he didn't bother me much, it has to be done at the end of every Olympics & at my age I just let it go over my head.

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone has ever compared the speeches Bach has given at each Olympics.  I am guessing he just shuffles the paragraphs and changes a few names, dates and locations.

• Like 3
Just now, chitowngirl said:

Yes. She had her calf taped up all during her competitions.

I knew that, but I didn't think it was bad enough for a boot.

Ugh.  Crazy Tom Cruise.

• Like 2

The American national anthem has always struck me as a strange one for the simple reason that it gets sung 50 different ways at 50 different speeds depending on who is singing it. Probably because it gets sung so often but most countries anthems are only ever done one way.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Why Tom Cruise?  He doesn't have an Olympic medal!  He doesn't even have an Oscar.

I did like the Hollywooooo sign.

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ugh. I didn't want to watch his Scientology ridden ass.

Anthony Kiedis can f off too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

God I loathe Billie Eilish’s whisper singing! I have no idea what she is singing.

I don't care what she's singing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Honestly for all of the Cruise Crazy, he’s the only celebrity that wouldn’t need a stunt double. And he’s probably the last ‘movie star’ of Hollywood.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1