Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Lost / Found

• Start Topic

Damn, I had suspicions going in that Carrie-Anne Moss would be some kind of "surprised death" and not even make it past the first episode, but she just flat-out shows up to get offed even before the title card!  Of course, since Indara is/was a Jedi, a Force Ghost appearance or two isn't off the table, but she certainly had one hell of an early exit!  At least she got to bust out a few Trinity-like fighting moves before that throwing dagger to the chest!

So, right now, it looks like this series is mainly going to be a Star Wars version of The Fugitive, where Osha; a former Padawan who left the Jedi on her own accord; has been falsely accused of murdering Indara and despite her claims of innocence, it's not like the Jedi have been known for listening to others whenever they have their mind set on something.  Certainly doesn't help that the actual killer is.... Mae, Osha's twin (a classic!), who everyone else thinks is dead.  Amandla Stenberg did a solid job pulling double duty here.

At least Osha does have one ally in Master Sol, her former Master who seems to believe her and I'm going to guess isn't actually planning on zipping her back to the Jedi Council like he claimed.  I bet they will love that!  Curious about Yord Fandor and the character played by Dafne Keen though.  Will they be willing to along with all of this or will they end up causing problems?

Fun seeing the Neimoidians again.  Can't remember if they've popped up yet in one of the Disney+ shows.

On to the next episode!

• Like 7
31 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Damn, I had suspicions going in that Carrie-Anne Moss would be some kind of "surprised death" and not even make it past the first episode, but she just flat-out shows up to get offed even before the title card!  Of course, since Indara is/was a Jedi, a Force Ghost appearance or two isn't off the table, but she certainly had one hell of an early exit!  At least she got to bust out a few Trinity-like fighting moves before that throwing dagger to the chest!

Maybe she has a twin sister too.

That evil voice at the end sounded familiar. Anyone know the actor's name?

Carrie Anne Moss only has one episode listed on IMDB, not that it is conclusive evidence. I’m pissed she got offed so quickly and easily .

• Like 5

I don't want to be too harsh but this was just average and didn't excite me to look forward to next episode.

So far only interesting character is Sol.

Dialogue is quite poor in some parts and you have to really close eyes for a lot of  decisions characters take.

I assume that Jedis developed some technique how to survive stab in the chest after this and before Episode I(Qui-Gonn probably skipped this lesson).

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Grimnar said:

don't want to be too harsh but this was just average and didn't excite me to look forward to next episode

I bored, I'm not even halfway through the episode and scrolling through the internet.  Oh wait Hottie with the Body has a Yellow Lightsaber, cool that's a Sentinel.

Ending was interesting, that looked like Dooku's Saber/Stance

Edited by Morrigan2575

Clever way to kill a Jedi. You'd think you might lead with that or have a better plan if you don't care about collateral damage though. 

I also have to laugh at "OSHA" repairing an industrial accident. 

Does the High Republic have due process? Because the Jedi seemed to assume Osha's guilt. I guess Sol had doubts, but that's not the same as a presumption of innocence. I'm finding the lot of them to be insufferable overall though.

I mean, evil twin? Ok. I like that there's a Star Wars show with tons of Force and sabers. I'll roll with it. At least the other two thought about it. 

Do these old Jedi or lore not need a hat and gloves when traveling to a snow planet either? 

The confrontation with Sol was very The Fugitive. I probably would have led with "Mae did it" than "I didn't do it". 

• Like 4

So after that crash she's dead, right? Star Trek is the one with inertial dampeners. Star Wars may have them but they've never mentioned them so I assume Osha should be chunky salsa right now. But let's suppose she can actually call on the force in times of extreme danger and this was one of those times. We did see Ahsoka use the force as a speed brake when jumping out of a moving ship during her show so I guess it tracks.

Having said that, how about that fire in space? She puts on magnetic boots and everything around the ship just behaves as if it is in an atmosphere? Is there an atmosphere around the ship?

Carrie Anne Moss should not necessarily died from that knife wound. As long as you don't take the knife out it could be non-fatal. But in Star Wars you can get run through with a hot laser sword and live but get stabbed with a tiny dagger and keel over like a sack of poodoo (as also happened to

Spoiler

Corv in Andor

).

Props to the young Jedi for immediately saying "she's got a twin? Maybe it was the twin!" As spy thriller as this may be, I don't need the case of mistaken identity to be dragged out at all so I'm glad they figured it out so quickly.

• Like 4

Despite being set in a time period we haven’t seen before, it felt like Star Wars. I liked it!

Missed opportunity: too bad Mae didn’t quip “Dodge this” before she stabbed Trinity — I mean, Indara.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

So after that crash she's dead, right? Star Trek is the one with inertial dampeners. Star Wars may have them but they've never mentioned them so I assume Osha should be chunky salsa right now. But let's suppose she can actually call on the force in times of extreme danger and this was one of those times. We did see Ahsoka use the force as a speed brake when jumping out of a moving ship during her show so I guess it tracks.

Having said that, how about that fire in space? She puts on magnetic boots and everything around the ship just behaves as if it is in an atmosphere? Is there an atmosphere around the ship?

If you try to apply real physics to Star Wars, you'll go insane. Please, for everyone's sakes, don't. :)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I mean, Ahsoka walked out on the roof of a ship and sliced another one doing a flyby on her. I'm not worried about Osha surviving the crash. 

I'm assuming Jedi Trinity (we're calling her that now, yes?) is actually dead, since Jedi George (I forgot the name but that's what I heard first) tracked her down and arrested her. 

We're not idiots here, we didn't see the dead body, so she could be in a bacta tank/coma for however long and wake up down the road to confirm it was the sister. Or, as said, she could be a Force Ghost. 

I'd actually prefer she stay dead. I don't know much about this High Republic, but it seems like a relatively prosperous and peaceful time. The actual murder of a Jedi is a huge scandal for one, and begs the question of who would be able to actually pull it off. 

I also would assume with what looked like a ton of Jedi, some are aware of the historical back and forth with the Sith, so a threat like that should be considered a big deal and probably not something you want getting out. The show also, I would think, want to sow the seeds of the Jedi's rigidity that contributes to their extermination and rise of the Empire. Keeping Jedi Trinity dead would be the right narrative choice. 

I wondered if Carrie-Anne Moss might be a big name surprise kill, but I at least thought she would last the whole episode! I guess she could pop up again as a force ghost, but probably not. So far this is pretty interesting, nothing extremely special so far, but still pretty good. Amandla Stenberg is doing a good job playing both sisters, they do seem like believably different people, and I want to know what Mae's deal is. 

I love how in Star Wars you can have sisters named Osha and Mae, one rare fantastical sounding name (at least in the west) and one that sounds like your grandma from South Carolina. Also that getting sucked into the vacuum of space is something people can shake off while a tiny knife in the chest can kill you instantly. 

I like having a show in the High Republic era, not a lot of Star Wars media set during the golden age, although you can already see the cracks that are going to keep growing. 

I would have preferred something a little more lore heavy, maybe set even further in the past, but I still want to see where this goes. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm assuming Jedi Trinity (we're calling her that now, yes?) is actually dead…

Can Jedi Neo resurrect her? “Whoa — I know Force-fu!”

I like the idea of this - I am so glad this show can just be its own thing without the weight of having to tie all of the other shows and cannon together (even the great Andor has to contend with continuity issues).

Osha (absolutely terrible name) doesn't seem to be too tapped into the force at this point and I hope it's not like Sabine where she just magically manifests awesome powers. I know she trained as a Jedi at one point so the powers are there, but logic says at this point her sister could/should be able to kick her ass, especially since she has just been working as some kind of mechanic and not training as a warrior.

So long Jedi Trinity - that was sure fast! Talk about a quick Cameo! Do Bacta Tanks exist in the High Republic Era? 🤣

• Like 1

I don't think it's like Sabine because on Rebels, I don't recall any mention of her having any potential with the Force. I think Kanan said as much when he was helping her train with the darksabre. 

From what I got here, Osha was taken as a child to be trained. I would assume Sol or whomever recognized she could use the Force. That wasn't the case with Sabine iirc. 

If she left and just didn't think about it anymore, I could see her not being able to call upon so readily, but the fact that it's there seems fair to me. 

2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

So long Jedi Trinity - that was sure fast!

Next episode is a flashback to the actual fire... so she appears again...

• Useful 1
On 6/7/2024 at 10:33 PM, Ilovepie said:

Osha (absolutely terrible name) 

Well, at least it’s better than ”Yord”…

I am just going to say it. I thought this episode was not only average, but actually bad. The worldbuilding is very poor, especially given the fact that we are now dealing with a whole new era of Star Wars. Speaking of which, are we really exploring the past only to have a boring adventure with a Ninja in Space? What a wasted opportunity.

The production too feels worse than I’ve come to expect. Patchy makeup on the green lady and very awkward cut to the ending credits… It’s sloppy. 

Sol’s all right though. He’s the MVP on this sad venture.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, conquistador said:

Well, at least it’s better than ”Yord”…

I am just going to say it. I thought this episode was not only average, but actually bad. The worldbuilding is very poor, especially given the fact that we are now dealing with a whole new era of Star Wars. Speaking of which, are we really exploring the past only to have a boring adventure with a Ninja in Space? What a wasted opportunity.

The production too feels worse than I’ve come to expect. Patchy makeup on the green lady and very awkward cut to the ending credits… It’s sloppy. 

Sol’s all right though. He’s the MVP on this sad venture.

I have to agree about the world building. I hate to say it, but all of these shows are starting to look and feel the same. I don't see any difference in the architecture or clothes or even the stories that distinguish this from the any of the series set 100 years later. It's all starting to blend together. I wish they would do something more like Andor and out of the box. Like completely Jedi/Sith free. That's what made Andor feel so unique - backwater planet normies? Yes!  Middle management Empire? Yes! First season of Mandalorian? Yes! And I know it wasn't popular, but I loved seeing little Leia on Obi Wan. Live action Bad Batch would have been fun. I wish they would have explored the Witches more on Ahsoka. Honestly, I would have preferred a show just about them. I am excited for the Jedi Wookie. I loved Black Krrsantan on Boba Fett - hopefully this new guy is a fun addition. Sorry, I'm just rambling......

I don't know about this showrunner's background, but I really think they need someone completely out of the box to see this galaxy from a fresh perspective that focuses on people with no connection to Coruscant or Light/Dark side. It's a big galaxy - find some new stories! But maybe that's just me.  

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

And I know it wasn't popular, but I loved seeing little Leia on Obi Wan.

That wasn't popular? I thought around here everyone enjoyed it. 

I think the good thing about all the Star Wars shows is there's something for everyone. I'm just not interested if there's no Force users. Doesn't have to be Jedi v Sith, but I'm not going to bother otherwise. For others, there's Andor. I can enjoy Mando even though it's not really 'Forcey' because there's really not many Jedi around and poor Grogu can't really be trained or learn anything about who he is. So when he does do something amazing, it's got a big impact. 

I'm not so sure that 100 years before our 'present knowledge TPM' of the Republic is going to look that different if technological innovation has kind of stagnated over the several centuries of this High Republic era. That's just my take from the episode. It's a fair criticism though. If it was the beginning of the High Republic, I would agree for sure. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

That wasn't popular? I thought around here everyone enjoyed it. 

I think the good thing about all the Star Wars shows is there's something for everyone. I'm just not interested if there's no Force users. Doesn't have to be Jedi v Sith, but I'm not going to bother otherwise. For others, there's Andor. I can enjoy Mando even though it's not really 'Forcey' because there's really not many Jedi around and poor Grogu can't really be trained or learn anything about who he is. So when he does do something amazing, it's got a big impact. 

I'm not so sure that 100 years before our 'present knowledge TPM' of the Republic is going to look that different if technological innovation has kind of stagnated over the several centuries of this High Republic era. That's just my take from the episode. It's a fair criticism though. If it was the beginning of the High Republic, I would agree for sure. 

Everyone here might have liked Obi Wan, but they are not making a second season, so I think that's more telling that the interest isn't there....

Re: the look of this era, I guess my problem isn't so much about it specifically, more that all of these shows are starting to look and feel the same. I remember how excited I was when Mandalorian came out, and now it just feels like oh another star wars show. I'm not sure what fixes that other than making the show feel more unique, or for Disney to start doling them out slower so there's some anticipation for it. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a bad Star Wars fan. Honestly, the only one I absolutely did not like at all was Ahsoka, and since I've only seen two episodes of this show it's too early to say......

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

And I know it wasn't popular, but I loved seeing little Leia on Obi Wan.

The biggest problem with little Leia wasn't her existence, it's that she should not have been part of Obi-Wan's story at that point. A series about Obi-Wan post sequel trilogy and pre original trilogy was a questionable idea at best. Making Leia part of his story doesn't quite fit and didn't work for me. 

A series about little Leia and how she grows up to be the rebellion leader we know and love would be a fantastic series, just not part of Obi-Wan's pre A New Hope story. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

The biggest problem with little Leia wasn't her existence, it's that she should not have been part of Obi-Wan's story at that point. A series about Obi-Wan post sequel trilogy and pre original trilogy was a questionable idea at best. Making Leia part of his story doesn't quite fit and didn't work for me. 

A series about little Leia and how she grows up to be the rebellion leader we know and love would be a fantastic series, just not part of Obi-Wan's pre A New Hope story. 

Totally fair assessment. I still liked it - I loved seeing Ewan and Hayden playing these characters again, and I do think they got Leia cast perfectly. But I would totally watch a show about young Leia and her life with the Organas on Alderaan!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

But I would totally watch a show about young Leia and her life with the Organas on Alderaan!

Downton Palace meets Bridgertaan

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, paigow said:

Downton Palace meets Bridgertaan

Or how about "Coruscant: A Star Wars Soap Opera" delving into the private lives of all of the senators. Judging by Mon Mothma's messy marriage we had a glimpse into on Andor I'm sure there are many stories like that to be mined! 🤣 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Or how about "Coruscant: A Star Wars Soap Opera" delving into the private lives of all of the senators. Judging by Mon Mothma's messy marriage we had a glimpse into on Andor I'm sure there are many stories like that to be mined! 🤣 

I would legitimately watch that show. I would also like to suggest a more serious drama in the style of The West Wing focusing on Senator Bail Organa and his family. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I would legitimately watch that show. I would also like to suggest a more serious drama in the style of The West Wing focusing on Senator Bail Organa and his family. 

I would watch both of these shows!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I would also like to suggest a more serious drama in the style of The West Wing focusing on Senator Bail Organa and his family. 

Tune in to hear Mon Mothma saying, "I had woot canal!"

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, tkc said:

Tune in to hear Mon Mothma saying, "I had woot canal!"

Either you go serious drama route with this and Leia fills in when Mon Mothma is out of commission due to the "woot canal" and this becomes one of the first moments you begin to see her as a potential leader in her own right or like the West Wing, you go the comedy route and have the absolute/worst least qualified person in the organization fill in for her. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

…or like the West Wing, you go the comedy route and have the absolute/worst least qualified person in the organization fill in for her. 

“Can you tell us a little more about the Supreme Chancellor’s secret plan to fight inflation?”

Edited by tkc
  • LOL 2