Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 13 Finale/Aftershow LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

If I were Ben I could have made a better case for myself. But that "rock" and "doesn't rock" stuff did get old.

Looking back, editing did give it away somewhat as I posted earlier. Kenzie got the most screen time out of all of them, consistently, from Day 1. Charlie and Ben both got an "also ran" edit right up until the end.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

If I were Ben I could have made a better case for myself. But that "rock" and "doesn't rock" stuff did get old.

What's the old saying? "To thine own self be true - unless it makes you look like an idiot."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure he could've, though.  Of the three, he had the weakest case for how he got there other than "I won the last immunity challenge and wasn't considered enough of a threat for people to try and vote out."

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Survivor owes us one.  If they're going to do this after show, more scenes such as Charlie smashing his glass of booze over Q's head, followed by a commercial simultaneous to the blackout result for us to see on our screens.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, WatcherUp2 said:

What's the old saying? "To thine own self be true - unless it makes you look like an idiot."

Yeah. Ben seems like a sweet guy. And he's got pretty eyes. But he's maybe not the brightest bulb in the box.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, WatcherUp2 said:

So that's why people always say I don't get that quote right--I leave off the last part!

• LOL 4
Just now, Lantern7 said:

You think Kenzie would’ve won if somebody had managed to play an idol successfully?

We'll never know (but it may have been probable the third blunder around)

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

I'm not sure he could've, though.  Of the three, he had the weakest case for how he got there other than "I won the last immunity challenge and wasn't considered enough of a threat for people to try and vote out."

I said he could have made a better case for himself. Not the best one.

Just now, iMonrey said:

Yeah. Ben seems like a sweet guy. And he's got pretty eyes. But he's maybe not the brightest bulb in the box.

He would have had complete meltdown in a tie breaker.  But I think he would have voted Charlie 

• Like 6

To answer the question asked by Lantern7.  I think she finds a way.  With vote-splitting due to Ben's "blunder" in this season?  Yes she wins.  Any other season? No.  Chances are you'd get situations that doomed Philip, and 4 years later, Cirie

7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

At the risk of unleashing hell . . . could someone nudge Liz to see if she’s still with us?

Yeah, she's eating the crappy pizza. Which I guess she's not allergic to. The only other one I saw eating was Ben.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

Jeff and I clearly have different versions of what's funny.  

He probably laughs at videos of auto accidents.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I guess if Taylor gave out the Swiftie award we know who'd be winning.  Wondering who will get the Sia award (thinking Charlie, Ben, Maria will be candidates, maybe Liz).  Does she ever give money to people who won?  Because I'd throw Kenzie in the mix if so.

Are we really comparing Jelinsky's quote (which was his own stupidity, not a clever catch phrase) to some of the best quotes and one liners in Survivor history?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Angry 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Are we really comparing Jelinsky's quote (which was his own stupidity, not a clever catch phrase) to some of the best quotes and one liners in Survivor history?

Yep. Because “New Survivor.”

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Why does Jeff know Charlie lost the most weight if Charlie doesn't? Do they weigh them then not tell them?

JON LOVETT IS ON SURVIVOR???!!!

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

The saucy 57 year old.  Like it already.  Anything has to be better than this season.

which was worse austin getting blindsided by dee at FTC almost crying or Charlie losing a million because his number one is a bitter juror ?

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Why does Jeff know Charlie lost the most weight if Charlie doesn't? Do they weigh them then not tell them?

I read that as Jon Lovitz :) ( I haven't heard of Jon Lovett )

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, willco said:

Obama speechwriter, podcast mogul and Mr Ronan Farrow. apparently they broke up 😢

Edited by RockShrimp
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, willco said:

Podcaster, former Obama speechwriter.

Just now, RockShrimp said:

Obama speechwriter, podcast mogul and Mr Ronan Farrow. 

He and Ronan broke up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Podcaster, former Obama speechwriter.

He and Ronan broke up.

Just saw that. Sadness. I wonder if any of the other contestants will be as brain wormed as we are and recognize him. 

• Like 2

I'm kind of sad it isn't Jon Lovitz on Survivor.  Missed opportunity for reality gold watching the cast ask him if he got around to getting an autograph from Jonathan & Wanda

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

I am curious about the sia prize hope she gives it to Charlie.  People already commenting on Maria’s IG about being bitter.

The Sia prize usually goes to someone with a pathetic story, so Allergic Liz or Panicky Ben would be more likely - or Batty Bhanu if she digs deep into the season.

Edited by WatcherUp2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Preview for 47: player asking what he was doing out here and never even been camping tells me I think I’ll just skip to season 48. 

He camped as a Cub Scout, but went home after throwing up once.  Wow.

But still, he'll probably last long unless he's a Brandon/Bhanu type and turns out to be way too out of his element to last.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

42 minutes ago, RockShrimp said:

Obama speechwriter, podcast mogul and Mr Ronan Farrow. apparently they broke up 😢

Apologies for posting this late after the episode. I just want to say that Jon Lovett might not be enough to bring me back to Survivor. Right now, I have this clarity that the show is never going to get better, and I'd probably be better off waiting on S50. Of course, a lot can change between now and the start of S47.

3 hours ago, WatcherUp2 said:

The Sia prize usually goes to someone with a pathetic story, so Allergic Liz or Panicky Ben would be more likely - or Batty Bhanu if she digs deep into the season.

It would never ever go to Liz.  She is already a multi-millionaire.

Ben probably if Sia even does this any more.  Maybe Maria.

• Useful 1

Those who hated this season and are already hating next season (?), why keep watching and then reading and posting in a forum about it? I get hate-something for a bit just for the snarking, but season after season? I’m really curious about the motivation. Or is it actually a love-hate thing?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Shermie said:

Those who hated this season and are already hating next season (?), why keep watching and then reading and posting in a forum about it? I get hate-something for a bit just for the snarking, but season after season? I’m really curious about the motivation. Or is it actually a love-hate thing?

The camaraderie here is enough to carry us through the bad seasons - for some of us, anyway.  😄

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2024 at 2:47 PM, Nashville said:

The camaraderie here is enough to carry us through the bad seasons - for some of us, anyway.  😄

That's why I also love the Big Brother live thread.

Entirely too tedious to watch the feeds - and can't stand the whispering - but love to know what's going on and the snarky commentary is great.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 5/22/2024 at 10:55 PM, iMonrey said:

Charlie probably knows how much he lost, but not what the other's lost, so he couldn't compare.

Way back when everyone was mad a Q for not taking Liz on reward I said that if it was based on need it should have been Charlie, just based on the fact that he was dizzy all the time and how sickly he looked.  Survivor never takes into account how much harder the food deprivation is on young men than the women.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Charlie probably knows how much he lost, but not what the other's lost, so he couldn't compare.

Way back when everyone was mad a Q for not taking Liz on reward I said that if it was based on need it should have been Charlie, just based on the fact that he was dizzy all the time and how sickly he looked.  Survivor never takes into account how much harder the food deprivation is on young men than the women.

People sometimes give Boston Rob a hard time for showing up overweight (and it proved unnecessary on Deal or No Deal Island), but he does it to compensate. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

People sometimes give Boston Rob a hard time for showing up overweight (and it proved unnecessary on Deal or No Deal Island), but he does it to compensate. 

Partly that but partly, as Tyson has pointed out, that Rob is a "portly gentleman." I expect he'll turn up on Traitors next season looking every bit the 47-year-old rocking a dad bod that he is. He does get some shit about it from viewers, but he looks like he's living the life, so I say good for him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1