Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Head to Headache

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

OK, I'm really tired of Booberella for calling someone a worthless human being like she's any better. She thinks she's better than everyone when she talks like a stuck up valley school bitch. Then calling someone a shitty tattoo artist is just a little too below the belt and producers need to stop showcasing her too much because she's killing this season with her attitude. Good that she lost to Julia, because Booberella's did look like an oven mitt with an eye. Looked like an oven mitt cyclops.

At least one of the brothers is out, so maybe that one with the big ass ear lobes and heart on his face won't be so wired and won't complain so much. Goodness he just bitches like there's' no tomorrow. Bow Tie also needs to tone it down a notch cause it seems that any challenge they have he has a problem with it because he's only stuck in his box of tattooing.

Those two guys I want to call them Team Pretty Boys who are rivals, I want to say that their names are Eric and Don but not sure. They're quiet or editors aren't showing them because they're not as loud or aggressive like the rest of the contestants which could spell trouble and they might be eliminated soon since they're not showcasing them or their rivalry at all.

The tattoos this time were sooooo much better than last week and I did like that one dude's tattoo with the snowflake with the black background. I don't know his name so I have to call him the artist that looks like he's been chomping on rocks or rock chomper until I get it.

I'm thinking this season I might have to give a majority of them nicknames, cause I don't know them by names yet lol. I think the only names I know are Josh, Julia, Tim, & Tyeisha.

What was the big advantage that Booberella and Skinny Guy got to pit two people against each other? Unless they know everyone's weakness then it was nothing more than being able to choose canvases.

Edited by ShadowSixx

I didn't understand the whole "best female tattoo artist" thing either, unless she's already determined they're all inferior to the males in the house.  But hey, at least she's made herself memorable, right?   

I think this was a more enjoyable episode than the past few this season.  I missed the brothers making up, or was it all during the fire challenge?

How did the line challenge show if they would be good "tattooers"? I can understand that they were judging the design, but what if you just weren't very good at placing tape on a canvas.  Thinking of design, the anchor, seriously?  

I don't get the I need to take the other women out mentality either.  Then again, dark haired girl seems to be doing everything she can to be the center of attention.  She probably has dreams of becoming a star.  The problem is she is not particularly talented and she is certainly not appealing.  The producers might like her stirring the pot.  I find her extremely annoying and I will be forwarding through her scenes.  

The entire premise of having rivals compete is wearing.  The part I like least about this show is the smack talking and posturing.  They designed this season to  encourage even more of this.  Can we just see talented people do what they do?  

How was the skull with the arrow and the bird not in the bottom?  That was a poorly conceived and poorly executed design.  

At least the tattoos this week didn't look like they were made by blind 4 year olds using crayons.  Any improvement over those atrocious Pin-ups is welcome.

I thought Ryan's was the worst by a large margin but since he's a dick, he stays.

• Love 4

Yay for Josh!  He's really matured since his last appearance, or he's just gotten a lot better at controlling his snark.  I like that he & Jason see to have called a bit of a truce. I don't hate Jason the way I used to. 

I honestly think these "rivalries" are completely made up, and every single one of them is acting their part.  Like a producer off camera is saying something like  "Call him a piece of shit & it's an extra $200", or "Call her a talentless bitch now".   

Emily just made me laugh with her puffing & posturing.  Why didn't Tim say to her "Julia beat you...Feel good?"  Everybody was thinking it.

But I'll bet once the camera's are off, they all get along just fine. 

• Love 1

I love challenges like this because it really puts the talents of the artists to the test. There's just no hiding when the challenge is one that demands complete control and precision and it's really shaking out the contenders from the rest of the pack. Everyone talks a big game, but lines don't lie.

I liked Josh in season 3 (even if he was a Machiavellian SOB) but I thought he was a very skilled tattoo artist. He's really stepped up his game here. I loved the design of his piece and it was super clean. This is what he's known for and nailing this certainly shows that he's someone the others have to take seriously. And I like Julia - she takes her work seriously and doesn't seem like she's really playing a character (squeaky voice or not). And despite the skull's ear, Aaron's piece was gorgeous. And it nice to see most of the others step up their game.

Count me among those who want to stuff a sock in Emily's mouth. Damn, is she annoying. And I can do without her low-rent stripper look. I've been tattooed by female artists before and I have never met any who acted like Emily. I think that Aaron was right in his assessment - that she gets by flashing her cleavage and puts out sub-par tattoos. She's one that I'm looking forward to heading home just so I don't have to listen to her talk.

Edited by Hana Chan

Thank heavens the tattoos were better than the pin ups! I just do not get why it is all about gender for sourfacedbitchgirl. I want it to be a tattoo competition not a who is the best female 'artist'.

Emily's got as much chance of winning as my cat (and probably less). But being the last girl standing would giver her some marginal bragging rights. At least in her imagination. Glad that Julia kicked her ass.

• Love 2

Emily's got as much chance of winning as my cat (and probably less). But being the last girl standing would giver her some marginal bragging rights. At least in her imagination. Glad that Julia kicked her ass.

Your cat's a better "scratcher". lol

• Love 1

Despite the vein in the leaf mistake, I really liked Erik's tattoo. It was one that I'd totally get. Josh's mandala was gorgeous. It reminds me of my artist's mandala work. The center is a little off. Emily can go kick rocks. If she's going to talk that much shit, she needs to back it up, and it was funny when that one canvas called her Hamsa an oven mitt.

OK, I'm really tired of Booberella for calling someone a worthless human being like she's any better. She thinks she's better than everyone when she talks like a stuck up valley school bitch. Then calling someone a shitty tattoo artist is just a little too below the belt and producers need to stop showcasing her too much because she's killing this season with her attitude. Good that she lost to Julia, because Booberella's did look like an oven mitt with an eye. Looked like an oven mitt cyclops.

I'd hate her more, if I didn't think well... virtually 100% of her antics are for the camera.  She's SO incredibly over the top, there's no way it's real.  It's calculated (not just to piss off the other artists. but I think us too).

I have to admit that Josh is (at the moment) being very smart and not getting caught up in all the drama around him. He's even ignoring Jason for the most part. He's just doing his work (which has been excellent) and letting the others self-destruct around him. I know that he can play some serious head games, but right now he doesn't have to. Emily is doing all the manipulations for him, picking fights with pretty much everyone in the room.

And Emily... sweetheart, it's not Tim that you should worry about trying to knock out of the competition. Or any of the other weaker artists. it's Josh, Aaron, Jason and Cleen that you should be worried about. Because the weaker ones will wash on our their own at some point without your "help". You need to worry about trying to get ahead of the artists that are going to keep cleaning your clock every week.

• Love 1

While I don't like the rivals thing, I did like the head to head competition doing similar tattoos, made it easier to judge which of the two was better and it was cool to see how each would do the same concept. If only the bitchy girl would get the boot things would be ok.

I'm over the rival thing. I think most of it is contrived. As a fan of tattooing, I would love it they would make the show about tattooing & leave the drama out like they do on Best Ink. I can't remember everyone's name but the girl with the baby voice is super annoying as that voice is fake. We hear her talk in it when talking to the judges but then in her interviews she talks in a regular voice. It drives me nuts when girls do that. The other girl with the black hair & over made up face, Emily is trying so hard to play the villain. Does she think this will make her stand out & get asked back? She said "I promise you will go home" like 3 times last night. She is trying too hard & it's hard to watch her. After watching the new show Epic Ink on A&E it's night & day when comparing the tattoos. Those are some talented artists on that show. 

The other girl with the black hair & over made up face, Emily is trying so hard to play the villain. Does she think this will make her stand out & get asked back?

The sad thing is she might be right.

The returnees DO need to have at least some basic competence and get to at least the final 5 or 6 though, I think. But being as big an asshole as possible does seem to be a key component as well.

I deeply doubt that Emily will make a return visit. Josh and Jason both proved themselves to be quite capable artists so bringing them back wasn't so outlandish an idea. And Tatu Baby and Kyle were both good artists and popular enough with the fans to warrant coming back. Thus far, besides being a really annoying shit-stirrer, Emily hasn't distinguished herself in any real way. Her tattoos are, thus far, just barely middle of the pack. Unless she really shows some excellent work in the next few weeks, she won't be around long. Right now her one best advantage is that there are a crop of weaker artists but once they're gone, I have a feeling that she'll be toast.

I don't find the rivalries to be too much of a distraction at this point. There was always been trash talking and fighting between the artists so to have it be a little more personal I don't think really adds too much. I'm looking forward to seeing when they stop worrying about who they think is an asshole and really realize that this is a contest that they want to try to win.

• Love 1
Does she think this will make her stand out & get asked back? She said "I promise you will go home" like 3 times last night. She is trying too hard & it's hard to watch her. After watching the new show Epic Ink on A&E it's night & day when comparing the tattoos. Those are some talented artists on that show.

It's like she went to the school of cartoon villainy and bad acting before she was cast on the show.  I was waiting for her to rub her hands together and give out a maniacal laugh while she was handing out the skulls.  I have never seen anyone on reality TV so obviously portraying a character.  They might have cast her on the show for shit stirring, which is too bad, because there are plenty of good tattoo artists (male and female) who deserved her spot.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

The rivalries at this point seem pretty pointless, especially if they keep going head-to-head.  Eventually, different pairs of people will hate one another.

I think it really throws off their opening credits, though.  Some of those people aren't even angled like they would be if they were about to brawl, it makes the whole thing seem silly.  Especially the one who kicks his leg in an absurd (imho) way.  I normally wouldn't notice that or care, but since they've made it a theme I can't help it.