Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob and Abishola plan a trip to Las Vegas for Kemi's wedding and Kemi and Chukwuemeka get into an argument over his mother, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, April 29 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

I didn't realize how Oedipal Chukweumeka's relationship with Kemi is until he told Bob he's been taking care of his mother since he was nine. I guess that's another thing that I don't find funny.

I did like the dancing up and down the aisle at the wedding though.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I did like the dancing up and down the aisle at the wedding though.

That was cute!

Kemi looked very pretty and totally different without those huge, oversized eyeglasses she usually wears.

Yeah, idk what to think about Kemi's and C's relationship. It's always given me sort of the ick factor. Nothing wrong with a decade or maybe even 12 years age difference, but this is at least a generation or more age difference. Kemi is a grandmother. I guess C isn't interested in having children of his own.

• Like 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Nothing wrong with a decade or maybe even 12 years age difference, but this is at least a generation or more age difference. Kemi is a grandmother

The actors themselves are only 5 years apart. I don't think it is a full generation separating them. I assumed she was not the same age as his mother and that his mother was the same age/generation as Tunde and Olu and Abishola's mother.  I assumed she might be on the older side of Abishola's generation and him on the younger side.  If she had children young and her children had children young it isn't out of the realm of possibility to have grandchildren by 45. 

I think what makes him seem so young is his dependency on his mom and his general naivete. Pharmacy school seems to be around 4 - 6 years so at the very youngest he'd be 30. 

Edited by joanne3482
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I was with Kemi in this episode - cannot marry a man who doesn't put you first.

I was surprised when we were nearing the end of the episode, and they still haven't resolved the issue. But then everyone decided to be the bigger person, and that made sense after those wedding vows. So in the end I liked it.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Harvey said:

But then everyone decided to be the bigger person

The other character arcs this season have also been wrapped up by "everyone decided to be the bigger person."
I don't care if it's a retcon of the characters, or that it violates my personal conclusion based on a long life of observation that "a leopard does not change its spots."
My favorite fantasy is grinches' hearts growing 3 sizes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1