Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Atomic City

• Start Topic

Kripke! I’ve seen the actor in a few things since TBBT ended, but he’ll always be Kripke to me. 

This was actually a good episode. I was engaged throughout and didn’t immediately peg the radiation expert as being behind the whole thing. Good job, show! 

One thing that confused me, though, was her nose bleed. I know they said it was feline blood, but how did she get it into her nose in the first place? They were in a small interrogation room, so even if she tried to do it discreetly, someone would have noticed and been like wtf? 

I knew the robot case wasn’t over, but I wasn’t expecting there to be more on the previous case. Rather, I figured it’d be listening in on Max or cause issues in the lab. This writing team has never been good wrapping things up, IMO, so I wrote off the choppy ending of the previous episode. Now to keep everything crossed that they actually revisit it in these final few episodes and didn’t have it be to plant seeds for some storyline in a hypothetical season 4. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I know they said it was feline blood, but how did she get it into her nose in the first place? They were in a small interrogation room, so even if she tried to do it discreetly, someone would have noticed and been like wtf?

I think she used misdirection---dropping some blood on Kripke's hand and while everyone was looking at that, put some under her nose.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

That’s Barry Kripke from TBBT! I know that voice from miles away.

Geez Angela, there must be other (easier, less risky) way to rob Dennis Rosner than exposing your friend to radiation. Talk about over complicate things. I really want to know how Angela takes blood from her cat? Poor kitty… 😥

Angela finds herself rooting for Josh/Allie after meeting them for about 5 minutes. She notices the vibe between them yet Allie and Josh are still clueless. Hilarious isn’t it? 🙄

I have already lost interest in Ocho’s arc but seeing Owain Yeoman again would be nice. Hope he gets some better materials to work with in incoming episode. 🤞🏻

• Like 4
4 hours ago, illdoc said:

I think she used misdirection---dropping some blood on Kripke's hand and while everyone was looking at that, put some under her nose.

That makes sense, thanks! I was half watching and half standing at my front door while my cat decided if she wanted to go outside again or stay in for the night. 

• Like 1

I thought that this was one of the better episodes this year. I was surprised by the Atomic Expert being the criminal. 

• Like 3

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series. I thought by having a few strong suspects in the neighbor and the wife, the misdirection worked very well. Plus, Anne Ramsay is a great actor and she nailed every scene she was in.

I love Serena now. She had a few very funny line deliveries. Without all the Folsom baggage, she is delightful.

I also really liked Josh this episode. It helped that he behaved like a professional throughout. He still has no business being there but at the very least the angst was dialed way down and he took the work seriously.

I was pretty confident we'd be going back to not-Elon eventually. I still think it's deeply stupid to have that robot in Max's office when there are still questions about if it can spy on them.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, vibeology said:

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series. I thought by having a few strong suspects in the neighbor and the wife, the misdirection worked very well. Plus, Anne Ramsay is a great actor and she nailed every scene she was in.

Yes. She expertly conveyed that there was something a bit off with her, but kept us guessing.

Ugh, of course right when it's announced this show is canceled they have one of their best episodes. 

I did not for a second guess the identity of the killer. I thought it was odd that she got an email at the crime scene when she had enacted a dead zone, but just brushed it off as her having a special phone due to her role. When she was hugging her cat I totally expected her to ask Josh to care for it when she was gone. They totally fooled me. Good job, writers.

I did miss something, though. What was the point of the neighbor/Barry Kripke having sunscreen on his hands? I remember Josh honing in on that as he started to figure out who did it, but I still don't understand how that was a clue.

I'm going to miss this show.

3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I did miss something, though. What was the point of the neighbor/Barry Kripke having sunscreen on his hands? I remember Josh honing in on that as he started to figure out who did it, but I still don't understand how that was a clue.

He said to Folsom “ In case you haven’t heard, radiation is running amuck in Vegas. We all have to take precautions and sunscreen’s not even the worst of it.” I think Folsom thought he was hiding radiation burns(there was a throwaway line about that but I can’t recall if it was before or after), and that’s why he wanted to look down his collar. Then Angela was waving the radiation detector and dropped the blood on his hand. Mostly just a misdirect to make us think he was the one who poisoned his neighbor and Angela really was dying. 

Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain how Angela found out about the neighbor's gold stash let alone WHERE the location of the bunker was ?

The victim's wife mentioned in passing that the neighbor had converted all his money to gold to guard against the dollar failing, but would that really be enough information to stage a heist without verifying it was true ?  Because the neighbor didn't seem to know who Angela was when he was in the interrogation room

I'm more surprised that the truck driver didn't get in more trouble after his visit with the prostitute in the parking lot compromised what he was carrying --  especially after the lock would have been found missing when he made his delivery.

35 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain how Angela found out about the neighbor's gold stash let alone WHERE the location of the bunker was ?

The only thing I can find in the transcript is that Angela was friends with the guy she (accidentally) killed, and the victim and his wife knew that their neighbor had converted all of his money into gold and had a bunker. 
Seems like a plot hole to me.

• Like 1

Helen Hailey!  "Has anyone seen my red hat?"

Angela looked so familiar, but I couldn't place her, so off to Google.  Of course!  The fussy future doctor from "A League of Their Own".

• Like 1

I also thought this was a great episode, love Anne Ramsay and didn't see it coming that she was the bad guy.  I did wonder why she didn't say something like "could you find someone to take my cat" but brushed it off.

I probably missed something, but what I don't understand is why the house showed hot zones of radiation along all the outside walls?  They said it was in the pipes, but houses I've lived in don't have pipes in all the outside walls, and it doesn't seem like something in a toilet tank would get into all the pipes in the first place.

I had it a feeling it was gonna be the expert. There was just something off about her from the start, and her glomming onto Folsom felt disingenuous. Plus all the protective gear during the heist pointed to someone very familiar with handling nuclear material. A good episode though, except, what happened to the hooker? Weren't her hands burned by the radiation? Wouldn't she have gotten sick and died too? Or at least had to seek medical attention. Seems like a dropped plot point.

Agreed about the creepy robot in Max's office. Ain't no way I'd have that thing stood up next to me. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

A good episode though, except, what happened to the hooker? Weren't her hands burned by the radiation? Wouldn't she have gotten sick and died too? Or at least had to seek medical attention. Seems like a dropped plot point.

Her hands were burned by muriatic (sp?) acid, not radiation. The killer burned through the padlock to get to the radioactive material locked in the truck. 

• Like 2