Type keyword(s) to search

Community Poll: Streamlining Discussion Threads

• Start Topic

Streamlining Discussion Threads   POLL CLOSED

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Consolidate into one chit-chat thread for all discussions
    • Keep the pet peeve thread separate and focused

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/30/2024 at 07:00 PM

Updated March 29:

Hi Community!

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on this poll. With an overwhelming majority (94%) of you voting to keep the threads separate, we will continue to do so. Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Community,

Currently, we have separate threads for general chit-chat and for sharing pet peeves.

As we've noticed that the pet peeves thread has been drifting towards chit-chat as of late, we were wondering if you'd rather consolidate these into a single, unified chit-chat thread or keep the pet peeve discussions in their own focused thread?

Please vote for your preferred option by next Friday, March 29, at noon PT

I voted for keeping them separate. Peeves seems like a specific subset of chitchat, as much as jobs or family or pets or grammar, so  I think it’s equally deserving of its own thread. I would ask for a little leniency in moderation, though, if our peeves take brief detours into chitchat or vice versa. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

If the threads are combined and become mostly complaints ("Peeves"), I will likely stop following that thread. 
But I probably spend way too much time on the Chit Chat thread anyway, so that might not be too bad.

• Like 5

If there wasn't such active conversation in both of them, I'd have voted for combining, but since they're both large threads (Chit Chat would be huge if the original version of it hadn't been accidentally erased) with daily activity, I think they're better staying as they are.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

I like the separate threads. Yes, peeves sometimes drifts into chit chat as we talk out our peeves, but we always seem to have something to Peeve about! Chit chat is just…chit chat!

• Like 15

Coming back to add,  Peeves and Chitchat seem to be the two most active threads in this forum (subforum?). If you’re looking to streamline, maybe look at some of the threads here that haven’t had any recent posts. But really, even those get occasional responses. Unless you’re getting a lot of complaints about people posting in the wrong thread, I’m not sure what problem you’re trying to solve. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

I enjoy both threads for different reasons which is enough for me to want to keep them separate.  The trend has always been to try to make more threads when we don't really need or want them but now we're going in the opposite direction?  There aren't really that many very active threads in the "Everything Else" section.  If they want to get rid of unnecessary threads, I personally don't think we need a separate pet peeve thread just for peeves about medical issues.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I also voted to keep them separate for mostly the same reasons all y'all stated.

Me too!  And I agree that the medical peeves could always be re-incorporated into the regular peeves thread if thinning the number of threads is the ultimate goals.

• Like 3

I also voted for separate.  As others have noted, both are more or less the most active threads on the board!  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

I also voted for separate.  As others have noted, both are more or less the most active threads on the board!  

I voted to keep them separate as well. I'd also like to see a separate topic for Gizmos, Gadgets and Devices. I've see a few good discussions derailed by problems with electronic beasties. YMMV.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I voted to keep them separate as well. I'd also like to see a separate topic for Gizmos, Gadgets and Devices. I've see a few good discussions derailed by problems with electronic beasties. YMMV.

There is one! I bumped it up for you….

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Please keep them separate.  

4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Me too!  And I agree that the medical peeves could always be re-incorporated into the regular peeves thread if thinning the number of threads is the ultimate goals.

I thought there was one in the health and wellness forum.  

• Like 3

After you vote, you cannot see what the current vote tally is. With all the new talk about transparency, community, etc. it would be really nice to be able to see the tally after one votes. Thank you for considering.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Hi folks!

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on this poll. With an overwhelming majority (94%) of you voting to keep the threads separate, we will continue to do so. Thank you!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5