Type keyword(s) to search

Reign in the Media

ElectricBoogaloo

I'm glad! They've already gone haywire with history, so why not this, which is actually kinda fun to imagine? imo, at least. I'm just sad it's not till next season. Season regular though? Seems a bit much.

Edited by ulkis

If we end up in Scotland (OR OMG PARALLEL STORIES OF MARY IN FRANCE AND ELIZABETH IN ENGLAND. THE SHOW IS CALLED "REIGN", NOT "MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS") I can see Mary and Elizabeth seeing each other somewhat regularly. Not accurate of course, but geographically easier to believe.

the show being called "Reign" is my biggest argument for ditching Mary when it's time for her to go and letting the focus be on Catherine :):) If only.

Looks like you're not too far off. According to Laurie McCarthy Season 3 will focus on the reigns of Catherine, Mary and Elizabeth! 

From The Hollywood Reporter

"Elizabeth’s debut in the season finale is a catalyst for events in season three, when Reign will chronicle the lives, loves and tribulations of three queens: Mary, Catherine (Megan Follows) and now Elizabeth."
  • Love 2

Well, that kind of irritates me actually, heh. I don't mind seeing Elizabeth obviously but I only want to see her as it relates to Catherine and/or Mary. I'm afraid the focus might end up being too much on Elizabeth. Oh well, too early too panic.

• Love 1

M3TV, our beloved Canadian TV channel that shows Reign on Wednesdays, has been catching their youtube channel up with a vengeance. I've already posted their promo for episode 21 in that episode's thread, but there are also a series of "Rapid Fire Interviews with the cast:

Jonathan Keltz:

Megan Follows:

Celina Cinden:

Adelaide Kane:

Toby Regbo:

Caitlin Stasey:

Anna Popplewell:

Torrance Coombs:

• Love 1

Okay, something I find somewhat baffling is going on. Reign's Official Tumblr account has lately been reblogging a lot of frary stuff with the hashtag #fightforfrary. What, are they trying to make everyone feel something for the couple again so that Francis's death is more devastating? If that's the case, I think the network and writers are really missing the mark. Francis seems to be the one character on the show that most people came out of this season liking, so his death is gonna hurt a lot of the fans already. I don't know that most of us really need to see Mary lose him to feel something, even though I'm sure Adelaide Kane will sell it as hard as she can.

• Love 1

I noticed that too! Even M3TV, which was better about it in Canada (the show being filmed in Canada, they posted some onset stuff, IIRC), is barely telling anything. Although Canada is still going to get the show earlier than the US -- they're moving it to a sister channel, E! for Thursdays at 9:00 PM.

• Love 1

CW Slots ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ for Thursdays; ‘Vampire Diaries’ to Friday

As a result of the Thursday changes, current series “The Vampire Diaries” and its spinoff “The Originals” will move to Fridays starting Jan. 29; this will be the fourth different night in the three seasons of “Originals,” which garners some of the biggest time-shifting percentage gains on television. “Reign,” currently airing Fridays at 8, will have its winter finale on Jan. 22 and then return at a later date.

• Love 1

Picked up this tidbit at Tvline.com

Is there any scoop for Reign? –Lori

CW boss Mark Pedowitz hopes that the historical drama sees Season 4 — if only because “we’ve got to find out if [Mary] goes back to Scotland!” When I asked if there had been any talk of keeping Francis alive even longer than he should have been, Pedowitz said, “No, because we wanted that moment, because there is a level of history. We get knocked on that, but we always knew Francis would meet his demise. And the real richness of the stories this year I think are coming from [his death], the introduction of Queen Elizabeth…. And I think we’ll meet King Richard if and when we move her to Scotland.”

• Love 2

Lol I had the same question. Only King Richard is the one already 70 years or so under his future car park. Went digging and found that TV line had changed the last line to this: "And the real richness of the stories this year I think are coming from [his death], the introduction of Queen Elizabeth…. And I think it’ll even be richer when we move her to Scotland.”

So no King Richard being invented, just a typo. Phew!

• Love 2

I feel incredibly stupid about this but I only just looked at my calendar and realized the new time slot is a Monday (which, wow, it actually made it out of the Friday-night death slot!). What I'm mostly interested in finding out now is how the Canadian airing schedule will go. Reign somehow doesn't strike me as a Sunday night show but we'll have to see. We might all actually start getting it at once!!!

So Terrance Coombs booked a new show. I think Reign is cancelled but I kinda hope Bash gets banished or killed before the show ends, not because I hate him, but because he has been so pointless, and I wish the show had just written him off if they weren't gonna do anything with him.

Good for him for getting the ABC show.

Terrance said we haven't seen the last of Bash. Maybe he just means he'll be there through the end of the final season, if he knows it's cancelled he can't say.

Torrance Coombs ✔ ‎@torrancecoombs
Thank you for all the kind words. Tough to comment on specifics, but I don't think we've seen the last of Bash on #Reign.