Type keyword(s) to search

Reign in the Media

ElectricBoogaloo

I was disappointed for a second that they wouldn't pull another crazy and have Toby Regbo play him -- an excuse for why Mary would marry such a bastard so quickly; the resemblance. But honestly with a little thought I realized that I don't care to see TR being an abusive asshole.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Does anyone know when the show is supposed to be back?

Funny you should say, this has just been posted about several CW shows premiering next year, including Reign. We're going to Friday nights at 9:00 starting February 10th.

• Love 2

‘Reign’ To End After 4 Seasons On the CW

The story of young Mary Queen of Scots is coming to an end. The upcoming fourth season of the CW’s costume drama Reign will be its last. The CW brass have made the decision and have informed the series’ producers.

Reign, from CBS TV Studios, is in production. The cancellation news comes just as the series is starting filming the Season 4 finale. That is the same timing as the CW’s decision to end 90210 three years ago. However, in the case of Reign, I hear that the call did not come out of the blue. I hear the network and the producers had been having conversations that Season 4 may be the last, so the writers had been crafting this as a possible final chapter. Word is that they are prepared to shoot a series closer, and the show will be able to give fans a conclusion to the story of Mary Queen of Scots, which was not the case with 90210.

The 16-episode final fourth season of Reign premieres on Feb 10, with the period drama occupying the Friday 9 PM slot. Its last episode is expected to air in June.

Reign is one of two female-centered CW dramas certain to end this season, along with The Vampire Diaries. Created by Laurie McCarthy and Stephanie SenGupta, Reign stars Adelaide Kane as Mary, Queen of Scots.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I do wonder if they'll try to fit two husbands and a baby (and the included drama) into that last season. I doubt we'll see the beheading, but I never thought we would. I guess cutting all the Ladies-in-Waiting loose will trim down the story some. All I really want to want to see Elizabeth and Mary meeting eye to eye, personally.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:32 AM, PinkRibbons said:

All I really want to want to see Elizabeth and Mary meeting eye to eye, personally.

Too bad it never happened in real life, although they come face to face in the 1971 movie version. The actress playing Elizabeth is really good and played her in a BBC miniseries as well

On 12/17/2016 at 3:33 PM, missbonnie said:

Judging by the instagram post that Adelaide made today we will see the beheading or at least the threat of it. 

I was going to say, have they even started filming or anything? It's weird how they haven't even announced a start date yet. At this rate it's not going to start until summer. I wish they'd just put it on Saturdays instead, since it's the last season anyway.

ETA nevermind there is a premiere date. No idea why I had such a hard time finding it.

Edited by ulkis

Hello all,

I cannot seem to find out what's going on with the U.S. airing of Reign episodes. Within the last few weeks, the show has moved from airing on Friday evenings in the U.S. to Sundays.  Now, the show seems to be on a mini-hiatus and will be airing the episode "A Bride, A Box, A Body" on June 2nd.  Does anybody have information on these scheduling changes? I know these are the last few episodes are it for this show, but there is no consistency.  If not for my DVR, I would not know when the next episode will air.