Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: St. Louis

• Start Topic

The odds are stacked against Colter as he is tasked by a convicted murderer's teenage daughter to track down a missing witness who could prove her dad's innocence, on the CBS original series TRACKER, Sunday, March 17 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

• Like 2

Wow that lawyer seems to have a lot of time on her hands. It was an ok episode. I notice how often we get profile shots of Justin. Next week looks like someone else falls in love with Colter. I still want to know the gay ladies origin story. 

• Like 3

Decent episode but the story was all over the place(underground poker games, corrupt lawyer, rifles destroying engines, prison shiv, innocent guy locked in the trunk, one dimensional bad guy, two characters got kidnapped) the poker game was fun but it was like a 45 second scene, and how lucky was Colter that the witness' friend was the only woman playing poker? And I was hoping that the poker player would appear again, I like her.

And why was Reenie in St Louis? She's a fun character but the traveling thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

A few weeks back I said that a plot involving Colter's competition was inevitable and I think I was right, I was expecting some bad bounty hunter trying to steal Colter's reward not some romantic interest but it sounds fun.

10 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

. I still want to know the gay ladies origin story. 

I like that couple, still can't remember their names tho, the one with glasses kinda looks like Anderson Cooper. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I think they are paying Reenie to serve as a consultant. That's why she jets to wherever they need her. In the beginning of the episode, one of the women suggests Reenie help, and he tells her okay and that they can figure out the split-- which I take to mean they give her some of the reward money. It's not super-credible, but it's certainly not more incredible than a lot of what happens on TV.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

In the beginning of the episode, one of the women suggests Reenie help, and he tells her okay and that they can figure out the split-- which I take to mean they give her some of the reward money.

This arrangement is fine if Colter knows he is going to get paid for the job, but is very risky if he gets paid only if he finds what he is looking for.

• Like 2

Five episodes in - Colter, Velma, Teddi and Bobby still haven't interacted in the flesh.

"I like this." - Reenie

Working side by side with a good looking rewardist is a bonus, of course...🙄

It's a miracle that Mallory isn't shot by any of those bullets fired by Caesar. Great deflection! 😆

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I hope that Colter runs into Mallory again. I adore Katharine Isabelle and hope we see more of her. He could run into her randomly as her new identity and location. 

But honestly I would not have trusted Colter to keep me safe if I just saw my uncle sneak up on him and knock him out. Unless she was just going because he’s hot. No judgment. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

I hope that Colter runs into Mallory again. I adore Katharine Isabelle and hope we see more of her. He could run into her randomly as her new identity and location. 

But honestly I would not have trusted Colter to keep me safe if I just saw my uncle sneak up on him and knock him out. Unless she was just going because he’s hot. No judgment. 

She probably felt safer when she witnessed Colter using that rifle like a badass tho.

But his plan for the rescue mission wasn't great, he was lucky that the main bad guy only had the corrupt lawyer moonlighting as a henchman. Mallory still had to dodge bullets!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TheCathedral said:

She probably felt safer when she witnessed Colter using that rifle like a badass tho.

Yeah, that was pretty badass (and hot).

I confess, I couldn't follow along with this episode. Granted, I was tired while watching it, but there was too much going on for me. Innocent in jail getting shiv-ed, bad lawyer kidnapping Reenie, poker game, finding and protecting the witness, running through a warehouse with bad guys. My poor brain couldn't keep up. 

• Like 3
On 3/17/2024 at 9:54 PM, AnimeMania said:

How did the bad guy beat Coulter to St. Louis? 

I can head canon that Coulter knew that the bad guy knew that Coulter was trying to evade folks to get back to St Louis so he took  an evasive and slower course. Especially since he had to set up for a rescue he needed time to think out a plan.

12 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Speaking of Uncle Max why wasn't he riding shotgun for Coulter and Mallory if he had been standing guard on her home for months?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think the uncle owned the home, and she was staying with him. I was worried that he'd be targeted once Mallory left, but it was his house all along, so no reason other than that for him to leave it when she did.

• Like 1
On 3/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, TheCathedral said:

And why was Reenie in St Louis? She's a fun character but the traveling thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yeah, Reenie is the piece of this show that isn't quite clicking with me yet. The premise is that Colter travels all over, but then he's got a lawyer ex buddy that ALSO travels all over the place?

Also, I think they need to let Colter/Hartley loosen up a little more. Again, let's have some cases without murders.

So we had a bit of Action!Colter in this one. However, are we supposed to believe he got away scot-free for throwing a guy off a building? Is Reenie that good a lawyer?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

However, are we supposed to believe he got away scot-free for throwing a guy off a building? Is Reenie that good a lawyer?

Colter does have the lawyer/bad guy's henchman's testimony to provide some corroboration.

10 minutes ago, Trini said:

Yeah, Reenie is the piece of this show that isn't quite clicking with me yet. The premise is that Colter travels all over, but then he's got a lawyer ex buddy that ALSO travels all over the place?

Also, I think they need to let Colter/Hartley loosen up a little more. Again, let's have some cases without murders.

So we had a bit of Action!Colter in this one. However, are we supposed to believe he got away scot-free for throwing a guy off a building? Is Reenie that good a lawyer?

It has played like he does things that the police and DA wishes they can do. He also gets his guns back 

10 minutes ago, Trini said:

I was thinking about that too and she was a witness too, Irl Colter would've needed a different lawyer(I think) and I don't think that you're allowed to practice law in every state like she's doing in the show

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, TheCathedral said:

I don't think that you're allowed to practice law in every state like she's doing in the show

Vincent (Vinny) Gambino might disagree.  :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The guy had a knife when he went over the wall, so it's probably credible that he was on the attack and overshot when Colter ducked. 

What I think is lacking credibility is that he only had a knife and not a gun, and thus was potentially defendable against.

We can't watch most shows if we are going to find such things to be dealbreakers, though.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

What I think is lacking credibility is that he only had a knife and not a gun, and thus was potentially defendable against.

He had a gun, he probably used all the bullets shooting at Mallory while she was fleeing the scene. It was probably still on him, recently fired and gunshot residue all over his hands. 

• Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

We can't watch most shows if we are going to find such things to be dealbreakers, though.

They haven't lost me yet, BUT, he just killed a guy - yes, in self defense - and it just got shrugged off. I feel like that should be kinda a bigger deal since he's a private citizen and not officially law enforcement (not that it's much better even if he was).

Edited by Trini
  • Like 2
On 3/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, TheCathedral said:

rifles destroying engines,

Shooting the grill drained the radiator-car won’t even start. There was a lot of hissing noise along with all the steam.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Daff said:

Shooting the grill drained the radiator-car won’t even start. There was a lot of hissing noise along with all the steam.

Good for writers to know.

What if it was an electric car?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

He might get stuck finding a charging station in the boondocks of Missouri 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Bad guys don't drive electric cars.  They drive big, ugly cars from one of the competitors to the car company sponsoring the show.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I have no idea what resides behind the grill on an EV and don’t ever intend to find out, sorry.

• Applause 1
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Bad guys don't drive electric cars.  They drive big, ugly cars from one of the competitors to the car company sponsoring the show.

that was a Walker Texas Ranger staple! bad guys drove Fords/Chevys while good guys drove Dodge trucks. 

Maybe Justin Hartley will start singing the show's theme by season 3(Chuck Norris did that) bad joke I know

34 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Shooting the engine was my favorite part of the episode. 

that was really cool and kinda original, the show needs some cool car chases, the cult episode had one the worst chases I've ever seen

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TheCathedral said:

that was a Walker Texas Ranger staple! bad guys drove Fords/Chevys while good guys drove Dodge trucks. 

Hawaii 5-0 had one of those contracts for the first 3 seasons. Good guys drove GM and ran Bing searches on their computers. While the bad guys drove Fords.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Did the bad guys Google?😆

We mostly watched 5-0 chase not the bad guys plot

• Like 1
On 3/19/2024 at 8:50 PM, AnimeMania said:

I just assume on every TV Show that if two guys fight on a rooftop, one of them is going over the ledge. 

Chekhov's roof.

####

I'd be okay if Reenie stayed home.  All her dialogue with Colter is level 8 sarcasm against his earnest furrowed brow.

• LOL 1