Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

She is 533, did manage to lose 10 pounds.  Better than nothing.  

Clarence is really looking closest to normal.  And if I remember correctly, he is doing it without surgery, all by himself?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Her voice is just as dead as her facial expression.  I don't think the problem is physiological... 

I just tried sounding cheerful while frowning. I can't! Frozen face impacts vocal tone! New medical discovery by me!!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

She is 533, did manage to lose 10 pounds.  Better than nothing.  

Clarence is really looking closest to normal.  And if I remember correctly, he is doing it without surgery, all by himself?  

I believe he had the surgery first.

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I just tried sounding cheerful while frowning. I can't! Frozen face impacts vocal tone! New medical discovery by me!!

If you work as a admin, you quickly learn to smile when you answer the phone. For some reason it makes you sound cheerful. 

Dr. Now has to hold out the promise of skin removal to encourage his patients to continue to lose weight. Left to their own devices they'd gain it all right back again. 

• Like 3

Dr. Now is right, if they stop losing - they will definitely start gaining because either they will decide that it's hopeless or simply relapse into their old habits.   Group therapy will be interesting...

• Applause 1
(edited)

This is really Season 7, which apparently the ending episode of the Perrio family short series.  Roshanda worried me, with her surgical risks.    Brandie, and Clarence were in a better place. 

I love when Clarence said the trio had loss almost 700 lbs.  Roshanda was the only one without the initial surgery because of her miedical issues I think,  and Clarence and Brandie are trying to qualify for skin removal.   Clarence was the one who was very worried about surgery, because of a relative's medical issues around surgery.   

This episode had the other doctor helping Dr. Now, but that doctor has since taken another hospital management job.   

This is definitely a recut rerun, I remember the music scenes with Brandie.    I remember Roshanda getting surgery, and the physical therapist working with her, and Roshanda and Brandie's party with Brandie performing.  

I think Brandie had surgery first, then Clarence did, and finally Roshonda.    I remember the birthday party with Roshonda, and Brandie performing.    Everything says Season 7 WATN but I thought they were up to season 8 or something.   

I'm hoping for a big update at the end, and for it to be good news. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

If it was a problem with facial paralysis, I would expect speech problems - think to what you sound like if you went to the dentist and had half your face frozen.  She just sounds depressed, not impeded.  I will try to pay more attention to her face when she speaks to see if there is muscle control but they aren't really focusing on her face either... 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If you work as a admin, you quickly learn to smile when you answer the phone. For some reason it makes you sound cheerful. 

Dr. Now has to hold out the promise of skin removal to encourage his patients to continue to lose weight. Left to their own devices they'd gain it all right back again. 

I used to give a standing mirror to each of the staff that I managed, and encourage them to monitor their expression when on the phone.

• Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

If it was a problem with facial paralysis, I would expect speech problems - think to what you sound like if you went to the dentist and had half your face frozen.  She just sounds depressed, not impeded.  I will try to pay more attention to her face when she speaks to see if there is muscle control but they aren't really focusing on her face either... 

It definitely seems like depression. When food is your life and you lose your companion, you have to find other things. I can see thar she's having a hard time with moving forward 

The hat game is strong with that one

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm listening to some YT while doing a computer jigsaw puzzle. These people don't seem happy, have nothing interesting going on, just not worth the effort (which is probably a terrible thing to say about another human). They were pains in the first shows and they're pains here.

I was doing jigsaw puzzles while I was waiting for the show to start! I use jigsawexplorer.com.

15 minutes ago, aliya said:

My sister bought herself a tiara. I looked them up on amazon and they're inexpensive. She said she always wanted one and was at the age where she can do what she wants, so she got a tiara.

amyfarrahfowler-tiara.gif

• Like 2

Clarence is doing very well.   Brandie saying she can't diet because of travel is a bad sign, and she gained 73 lbs.   Roshanda looks so much smaller, and she's so mobile, she lost 28 lbs, and that's not wonderful, but she's still losing.   Brandie seems awfully happy for someone who gained 73 lbs., unnaturally happy.   

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Gaining 73 pounds in two months takes some serious dedication.  It's not like eating a burger here or there while on the road.  I have gained weight when I was travelling for work and literally being fed gourmet food four times a day while sitting for 10-14 hours per day - but my gain was more like 5-10 pounds a year, not 30-40 pounds a month!  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

It definitely seems like depression. When food is your life and you lose your companion, you have to find other things. I can see thar she's having a hard time with moving forward 

She wasn't smiling when she was shoveling in.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Clarence is doing very well.   Brandie saying she can't diet because of travel is a bad sign, and she gained 73 lbs.   Roshanda looks so much smaller, and she's so mobile, she lost 28 lbs, and that's not wonderful, but she's still losing.   Brandie seems awfully happy for someone who gained 73 lbs., unnaturally happy.   

Twinkies will do that.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

In TWO FREAKING MONTHS!!!!

I mean, that is real dedication. 

Ahd her excuse is that she's traveling and she's "busy". One would think that would mean she doesn't have time to sit around shoving pizzas and tacos down her gullet. 

• Like 4

Working my way back up to losing?  That's a convoluted way of saying 'I am eating a ton of crap but maybe I will consider doing better"

And Roshonda's face is definitely not paralyzed.  Just her soul. 

• Like 4

They also sit with their legs splayed out like dead frogs.  Wither they have some serious flabby skin/lymphedema issues or their joints went out of whack when they were at their peak weight.  They walk OK though...

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Brandie seems to have gained it all around her waist, which is the worst place to carry weight for your health.  Roshanda needs to buckly down, she's come so far that I was proud of her, and she needs to get back on the program.   Clarence needs to try harder too.   Group therapy might help, but are they determined to embrace it?  

• Like 2

How do you gain that much so fast after having your stomach reduced to the size of a small banana?   I know weed gives you the munchies, but wow.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Maybe they need to not be with each other all the time. They just reinforce all the negativity in each other 

They need slim friends.  There is a theory that gut bacteria play a significant role in how one does or doesn't gain weight all other factors being equal, plus food choices  - so when people are in constant touch with one another, usually their weight tends to be similar.   

• Like 2
Just now, Hellga said:

They need slim friends.  There is a theory that gut bacteria play a significant role in how one does or doesn't gain weight all other factors being equal, plus food choices  - so when people are in constant touch with one another, usually their weight tends to be similar.   

It would help if they just got off their asses for more than a trip to the dr or grocery store. Family therapy is not a good idea. They are too enmeshed

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

It would help if they just got off their asses for more than a trip to the dr or grocery store. Family therapy is not a good idea. They are too enmeshed

Brandy did get off her butt - but apparently just to party it up and eat junk.  

They do need real goals and real interests.  Their life is really just food and bitching at each other about food and each other.  

• Like 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Maybe they need to not be with each other all the time. They just reinforce all the negativity in each other 

Jobs with purpose would help. Brandie works. Do the others?

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

How do you gain that much so fast after having your stomach reduced to the size of a small banana?   I know weed gives you the munchies, but wow.

Brandie just told Clarence that you can regain if you snack a lot.   I'm guessing she means she eats junk food all day long.   And she looks baked. 

Brandie is going to eat through her surgery, and I'm so sad about that. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1