Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: How To Save A Life

• Start Topic

vs_39321.jpg

The Landry women reach an emotional climax as Kat works to conjure up a rescue, while Alice sees Del through a wave of grief as old wounds are opened.

Premiere Date: March 3, 2024      Hallmark    9pm 

thewayhome-ep6-3651-rt-rev1.jpg

thewayhome-ep6-2196-rt.jpg

I felt bad for Del. We know the police weren't going to call and say they found Jacob's body, but she didn't. And to her it seemed like her family just ran off and let her get the news by herself. I know Alice asked, but still. 

I have a hard time believing that Kat dropped the key in 1814 and 200 years later it was still visible to Jacob. You'd think it either would have been buried or someone would have found it?

They really are dragging out Kat and Jacob getting to talk, aren't they?

• Like 6

Have they said exactly how Susanna and Elliot are related?  It seems they are implying they are directly descended, but that can't be right.  She'd have to be an aunt or a cousin or something.  I wondered if they said and I missed it.  

The ending scene was where we started and I was afraid it was the end of the season and we got...nowhere.

I have given this show a lot of leeway in plotting and writing because it's a time travel show - for which there is no right answer other than to follow the rules you established - and it's basically a feelgood family show with a barest hint of edge... like a butter knife edge. 

But that plan made NO sense.  The whole reason Susanna and Thomas allegedly couldn't do the thing is because they had to create alibis by being seen not getting Jacob out... But for some reason Kat wanted a matching dress and, also, Thomas was going to drug them and Susanna was going to be on site in a nighty anyway?  

Thomas shows up and gives them alcohol after which everyone is knocked out and Susanna shows up out of the blue to spend time with the former fiancé she openly despises and neither of them is supposed to be suspicious because, why? Just because Kat planned to do the actual finding and freeing of Jacob (but for some reason they all ended up in the dungeon(?) Cyrus has in his home any) and no one is supposed to connect them to Jacob's disappearance? 

51 minutes ago, jmonique said:

Sooooo nothing happened, again.

Except for Elliott being Kat’s chump. Again.

Yep.  That's about it.  Last season wasn't exactly fast paced.  But it felt like more happened more often. 

Also, what even is the point of Casey Goodwin if they're going to show up every 2 or 3 episodes and have approximately 4 lines, lately expository, that could have been delivered by literally anyone else? I assumed at their introduction that they would befriend Alice and, together, they'd do some sleuthing though the archives together when Alice needed help... or maybe help Kat... or I don't, do ANYTHING beyond being awkward and maybe having a crush on Alice despite super limited onscreen communication.

• Like 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Also, what even is the point of Casey Goodwin if they're going to show up every 2 or 3 episodes and have approximately 4 lines, lately expository, that could have been delivered by literally anyone else? I assumed at their introduction that they would befriend Alice and, together, they'd do some sleuthing though the archives together when Alice needed help... or maybe help Kat... or I don't, do ANYTHING beyond being awkward and maybe having a crush on Alice despite super limited onscreen communication.

Casey’s only point is to be a Goodwin family member from whom they can glean info about Cyrus.

1 hour ago, bunnyface said:

Have they said exactly how Susanna and Elliot are related?  It seems they are implying they are directly descended, but that can't be right.  She'd have to be an aunt or a cousin or something.  I wondered if they said and I missed it.  

They haven’t said but yes, Elliott should be a direct descendant of a male Augustine, unless Susanna had an illegitimate child. Huh, maybe that is why Elliott’s dad had such a bug up his butt about his founding family being marginalized.

So we’ve come full circle from the opening scene in the first episode. 

How is Susanna supposed to get an unconscious man twice her mass out of a dungeon by herself?

Edited by DMK
  • Like 3
(edited)

Kat was annoying with her complaining she had to put out the paper.  Elliott should have just left her with it. 

He took it in on again while she runs around after Jacob. 

Del I felt so bad for with what the phone call did to her.   So glad she called out Kat over not being there last week. 

That key should have been a little bit deeper in the ground. It was found like it was a week ago dropped. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4

Honestly, that key should’ve rusted away to nothing after 100+ years of getting hammered by the elements. 

• Useful 3
19 hours ago, RachelKM said:

But for some reason Kat wanted a matching dress and, also, Thomas was going to drug them and Susanna was going to be on site in a nighty anyway

It seemed like Kat was expecting to get seen and wanted to look like Susanna so they could accuse her of being a witch? 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if this is a limited series? Seems to me, if they succeed in bringing back Jacob, however that would work, the show would be over. I love the initial premise of time travel, but don't quite get how to correlate the ages. And if they can go back 200 years, can/will they also go forward? I find it confusing and need this forum to help me figure it out!

I think there could still be story after that.  Jacob and his mother getting reacquainted.  Trying to explain where Jacob was all this time.  Jacob adjusting to modern life.  There could be story if the series lasts that long.  As it is, they need to pick. it. up. if they're going to keep interest that long.  

• Like 4
10 hours ago, salvame said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if this is a limited series? Seems to me, if they succeed in bringing back Jacob, however that would work, the show would be over. I love the initial premise of time travel, but don't quite get how to correlate the ages. And if they can go back 200 years, can/will they also go forward? I find it confusing and need this forum to help me figure it out!

I think if they want to keep the story going and the ratings are good enough they can. There is a story in Jacob adjusting to live back at home and what to tell people. Then the next season will just be them going to a different time with a different mission. They could go back to when Colton was a child or something and get to interact with him more.

But I actually think the twist is going to be Jacob doesn't want to come home.

• Like 3

I wonder if Elliott will ever try the pond?  He is a direct descendent from the olden days or does it only work for someone of Landry blood? 

Why don't they just tell Del?  I mean, I know it's the plot, but anything at this point would ease her heartbreak over losing Jacob.  

Not getting where Casey fits into everything or even why they're there. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

I wonder if Elliott will ever try the pond?

His young version did in season 1. Nothing happened. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Not getting where Casey fits into everything or even why they're there. 

Are they even still around? They were there for the summer, and the summer seems to have ended. Plus, as intern at the paper, they could have helped Elliot and Alice put out the paper for Kat.

• Like 1

I liked this episode.  

So Jacob was hidden in a tunnel that you could access from Cyrus' house and not in the actual basement?  Susanna meantioned they were used for smuggling, but I have to ask why you would need tunnels in those days? Its a very small town and apparently a remote property "on the hill", seems like you could just wait for it to get dark and do whatever, rather than spend all that time digging tunnels.  Also, seems like a bad idea to use those big torches in a tunnel that seemed to have a lot of wood, and no need for that much light.

I have grown to dislike Colton. Why in every frikkin scene does he have to remind us Landrys are quality people?  "A Landry never gives up!  A Landry always works hard!  A Landry always returns their library books on time! A Landry always excels at parallel parking!" Omg give it a rest.

I also feel bad for Del but it looks like she will be let in on the secret. Wonder if she will try the pond?

Surely they will use Casey Goodwin for something else?  I hadn't thought about them being Alice's kid, but that would explain why they like hanging around Kat - seeing grandma in her younger years, like Alice did when she first jumped. Its possible they could be.  I mean, we never saw anyone who claimed to be a Goodwin acknowledge them, so we don't know if this Casey is actually a Goodwin. If they're a time traveler too they would have access to all the records already archived so they could craft a believable persona.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 3/5/2024 at 8:29 AM, salvame said:

There's only so much you can do when time travel only involves the same people,  but I never put it pass certain networks to run a story into the ground. 

• Like 1
On 3/5/2024 at 8:28 PM, KaveDweller said:

But I actually think the twist is going to be Jacob doesn't want to come home.

If Del gets to spend some time (say, a week or so) with Jacob, just to know he has family, a life, and a fiancé, I think she’ll be content with him going back to that life. I would think she’d be grateful to Isaiah for taking care of him, too.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Daff said:

If Del gets to spend some time (say, a week or so) with Jacob, just to know he has family, a life, and a fiancé, I think she’ll be content with him going back to that life. I would think she’d be grateful to Isaiah for taking care of him, too.

Okay, this is on the way out edge, and I admit that.  I do think she will be grateful to Isaiah for taking care of Jacob?  But did Isaiah have any other sons?  Because if not, if Jacob was the only one to carry on the Landry name, that means...Del was intimate with her own however-many-great grandson's.  I don't think she would be okay with that.  Things get a little weird at that point.  On the other hand, if he is the only son and doesn't stay...that means there is no Landry heir for Del to marry and produce Jacob.    

It gets weird, y'all.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I’m pretty sure his name is Elijah, but he said he had other sons. For that matter, Susanna said the engagement to Jacob isn't “real,” he’s just protecting her from Cyrus. Basically, I’m saying that Jacob doesn’t have any more emotional ties to the people of the past than he does with his present day family.

21 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Okay, this is on the way out edge, and I admit that.  I do think she will be grateful to Isaiah for taking care of Jacob?  But did Isaiah have any other sons?  Because if not, if Jacob was the only one to carry on the Landry name, that means...Del was intimate with her own however-many-great grandson's.  I don't think she would be okay with that.  Things get a little weird at that point.  On the other hand, if he is the only son and doesn't stay...that means there is no Landry heir for Del to marry and produce Jacob.    

It gets weird, y'all.

Yeah, instead of the almanac listings, it really would have been helpful to have seen a family tree early on. However, the almanac lists many names in the family history, but Jacob is only listed as born to Del and Colton. Isaiah never put him in the book, even though he called him a “Landry”.

20 hours ago, DMK said:

I’m pretty sure his name is Elijah, but he said he had other sons. For that matter, Susanna said the engagement to Jacob isn't “real,” he’s just protecting her from Cyrus. Basically, I’m saying that Jacob doesn’t have any more emotional ties to the people of the past than he does with his present day family.

Oops, I mean Elijah, the man who took Jacob in. Interesting that with all these biblical names, they didn’t use one to record the fam.