Type keyword(s) to search

S08. E13: Sharing is Caring

• Start Topic

(edited)

The women travel to the Dominican Republic. Gizelle presents Nneka with the title of the Grande Dame of Potomac. Ashley comes clean about her divorce. Nneka and Wendy meet in hopes of making peace. Gizelle braces for Grace's impending graduation.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1

Did Robyn, during her pre amble speech prior to crowning Nneka Grand Dame of Potomac...did she say "a lot has happened in the past 265 days." I rewound it twice I swear I heard 265, anyone else?

Karen wants a water view room, it looked like nobody had a water view from any room, pool and garden views only, right? What was the reason the house manager bailed on finding her a room, was it because her credit card was denied? LOL.  She was going to sleep on the couch in the common area but not take Ashley's gracious offer of taking her single room when it was offered the first time, Ashley should have told her too bad, that offer expired. 

The women are told to be ready for night golf, they all are wearing inappropriate clothing and shoes for such an activity except for Candiace.

Speaking of Candiace, she gets a letter from the radiologist saying there is no cancer detected then goes on about how her benign cysts can turn in to cancer if she takes the hormones for the IVF, Chris is not interested in the unnecessary what ifs and she not happy.  Candiace has no idea that lots of women have harmless lumps, cysts, etc...at most her doctor should schedule a mammogram and ultra sound for six months out, why is she acting like she is a ticking time bomb?

Wendy needs to let her war with Nneka go, it does not make her look good but instead really petty. So they meet at restaurant in Village of Cross Keys, former neighborhood of Oprah Winfrey when she lit up the airways on WJZ TV, home to upscale shops but nowhere near where either HW lives although the food is good, did Wendy even get a chance to eat or did she bolt before it was served? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The fact Nneka literally took someone’s religion (Catholicism) and twisted it and INSINUATED and brought in witchcraft (cause of course it has to be witchcraft just look at where she is from, eyeroll) and people are telling Wendy to just get over it blows my mind ..  Thats some fucked up twisted shit but shes supposed to be like oh well you can drag my mom and accuse her of fowl shit  its ok?

I understand not liking Wendy but tryin to make her accept a half ass apology that has reverberations IRL in their life just is WOW

Catholics have shrines (to the virgin mary or any saint really) .. they pray at those shrines (my roommates whole family is catholic and he has confirmed this) .. its a part of that religion ... you pray for people who you feel like have done you wrong that God corrects it or sends his protection from them ... its part of that religion ... also  Catholicism Like  A LOT of religions is HUGE on fire and brimstone (aka my God will smite my enemies with raining down fire etc etc)  that's how they have preached pretty much from the beginning (being gay and having religion thrown at you makes you see the fire and brimstone pissed off side of them fast)...Nneka twisted that and she did it on purpose but its WENDY that is wrong here .... I cant

Im sorry this just annoys me

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
39 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact Nneka literally took someone’s religion (Catholicism) and twisted it and INSINUATED and brought in witchcraft (cause of course it has to be witchcraft just look at where she is from, eyeroll) and people are telling Wendy to just get over it blows my mind ..  Thats some fucked up twisted shit but shes supposed to be like oh well you can drag my mom and accuse her of fowl shit  its ok?

I understand not liking Wendy but tryin to make her accept a half ass apology that has reverberations IRL in their life just is WOW

Catholics have shrines (to the virgin mary or any saint really) .. they pray at those shrines (my roommates whole family is catholic and he has confirmed this) .. its a part of that religion ... you pray for people who you feel like have done you wrong that God corrects it or sends his protection from them ... its part of that religion ... also  Catholicism Like  A LOT of religions is HUGE on fire and brimstone (aka my God will smite my enemies with raining down fire etc etc)  that's how they have preached pretty much from the beginning (being gay and having religion thrown at you makes you see the fire and brimstone pissed off side of them fast)...Nneka twisted that and she did it on purpose but its WENDY that is wrong here .... I cant

Im sorry this just annoys me

I get it, I understand what you are saying but we are dealing with drama for tv, my advice is for Wendy to forget, stop giving it light and stop letting Nneka steal the spotlight and potentially affect Wendy's time on the show.  Yes, the twisting the religion/witchcraft nonsense is ignorant but that is all Nneka has to work with.  I have noticed that religion is just a tool used when they need it, none of them are living the pious life, right? 

I doubt Wendy's mother is really bothered by any of this, she seems like she is okay having people be afraid of her or just talking about her in general.

Maybe I am desensitized by all the brujeria talk from the Miami HW's.  

Wendy has to watch her back and stop buying in to the nonsense Nn keeps going on with, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer sort of thing will serve Wendy well.

Poor K and her ulcer, she was on her own, none of her friends were caring about her because there were rooms to pick!

Did Mia sort of admit to sleeping with someone in her talking head? She said there was a guy but he wasn't a rapper.

G has Mia's number, sadly he does not have any numbers in his bank account and knows Mia will find another wallet but they have kids, he suggests finding an arrangement that they co-parent but that is all. It maybe the best option for them, certainly the cheapest, no lawyers to pay, one rent, she should consider it.

The DR is hot, like vacation on the surface of the sun hot in the summer, all the HW's had their fans, good on them!

• Like 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I get it, I understand what you are saying but we are dealing with drama for tv, my advice is for Wendy to forget, stop giving it light and stop letting Nneka steal the spotlight and potentially affect Wendy's time on the show.  Yes, the twisting the religion/witchcraft nonsense is ignorant but that is all Nneka has to work with.  I have noticed that religion is just a tool used when they need it, none of them are living the pious life, right? 

I doubt Wendy's mother is really bothered by any of this, she seems like she is okay having people be afraid of her or just talking about her in general.

Maybe I am desensitized by all the brujeria talk from the Miami HW's.  

Wendy has to watch her back and stop buying in to the nonsense Nn keeps going on with, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer sort of thing will serve Wendy well.

Poor K and her ulcer, she was on her own, none of her friends were caring about her because there were rooms to pick!

Did Mia sort of admit to sleeping with someone in her talking head? She said there was a guy but he wasn't a rapper.

G has Mia's number, sadly he does not have any numbers in his bank account and knows Mia will find another wallet but they have kids, he suggests finding an arrangement that they co-parent but that is all. It maybe the best option for them, certainly the cheapest, no lawyers to pay, one rent, she should consider it.

The DR is hot, like vacation on the surface of the sun hot in the summer, all the HW's had their fans, good on them!

From Nneka's first moment on the show she has weaponized and tried to insinuate that Wendy and her family were Igbo (outcast) and now Wendy's mom practices witchcraft .. she came with an agenda i'm sorry ...And these ladies have no problem amplifying that for her and thats gross to me

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

The See-Thru Crew and their weapon of mass destruction Nneka can go. It's not an airport so Bravo don't even need to announce their departure.

They are trying to get the others to hate Nneka just as much as they hate them  and N is too dumb to see this manipulation so clearly.

Wendy seems petty unless you are Nigerian. People accused of such activities there can face abandonment, persecution, and violence. I doubt anyone there is watching this dreck, but she is part of a community where she lives and she is correct that saying something like that could have implications on her children. It sounds silly to everyone else but this is a real thing in their culture and Nneka knows that. Of all the things she could have use to weaponize Wendy, she went with witchcraft. Then claim she thought they could be sisters. Then why would you bring that up? You said all of this happened PRIOR to you coming on the show. So if you thought you two could be friends, why bring say something so vile and harmful. 

Listen, my kids beef is my beef. So if Wendy has an issue with Nneka than by the unwritten law her mother does now as well. I'm currently beefing with a 6 year old named Ryan because he said my grandson had "funny looking hair." So now "we are not his friend anymore." You better make sure your mommy know how to scrap talking so reckless to my baby Ryan 😂

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Why is Candiace wasting money by going on another tour? My gosh, you’re not a hit singer, stop it already.  She can shut up about Juan chipping in for the hotel since her husband gives her shit about buying a purse. At least Juan is good looking. Chris Bassett looks nasty with that beard. It’s no wonder he can’t find work as a chef, who would want him cooking for them with that beard? She also needs to shut up about having kids. He already has kids that he doesn’t mention anymore. How does he support them by not working? 
Wendy is such a bitch. She knows her mama called Lebe. Admit that you and your family didn’t want Nneka joining the show. She wanted to be the only Nigerian on the show.  What a gross disgusting pig. 
Gizelle is mean.  Nneka shouldn’t have accepted that silly crown. I’m surprised Gizelles daughters seem so nice with such a petty woman as their mom. 
The friend is so pretty. I’m not surprised Wendy and Candiace weren’t nice to her. They are always threatened by any other woman joining in the group.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Candiace has no idea that lots of women have harmless lumps, cysts, etc...at most her doctor should schedule a mammogram and ultra sound for six months out, why is she acting like she is a ticking time bomb?

Candiace said she had a family history of breast cancer.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I get it, I understand what you are saying but we are dealing with drama for tv, my advice is for Wendy to forget, stop giving it light and stop letting Nneka steal the spotlight and potentially affect Wendy's time on the show. 

But whenever Wendy pays Nneka dust, she's wrong for that too.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

he suggests finding an arrangement that they co-parent but that is all. It maybe the best option for them, certainly the cheapest, no lawyers to pay, one rent, she should consider it.

Gordon has no money so there's nothing to arrange.  They (Gordon, Jacqueline) alluded to some sort of arrangement last season because Gordon's stuff don't work.  But that's when he had some money.  When Gordon's family shut him down Mia was ready to shut him out.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Wendy seems petty unless you are Nigerian. People accused of such activities there can face abandonment, persecution, and violence. I doubt anyone there is watching this dreck, but she is part of a community where she lives and she is correct that saying something like that could have implications on her children.

The Nigerian bartender on last night's WWHL straight up told Andy this shiggidy does NOT belong on television.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

So if Wendy has an issue with Nneka than by the unwritten law her mother does now as well.

Wendy's issue actually isn't with Nneka (or it shouldn't be). Wendy's actual issue is with Lebe, who is angry Wendy (who was never her friend) wouldn't give her hookups.  Lebe is the one who wound useful idiot Nneka up and Nneka's yapping got back to Wendy and cast/production also felt Nneka would be perfect to get rid of Wendy without being accused of colorism.

I would be the REAL reason Wendy didn't want Nneka joining the show (besides Nneka being a Happy Token for colorism) is because she knew Lebe would use Nneka to get on the show so she could bash Wendy & her family for not giving her the hookup.

Candiace saw Nneka being a Useful Idiot again with the Grande Dame awards, letting herself being weaponized against Karen by Gizelle. Gizelle doesn't even live in Potomac so why is she so hot and bothered that Karen told Nneka she lives in North Potomac? I'll tell you why, it's because Gizelle is pissed at Karen for continuing to film with Candiace and Wendy after she told Karen not to.

And don't think it slipped my notice that Gizelle slithered her way around Keiarna to bash Candiace & Wendy too.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Having had ulcers, I felt for the new woman who randomly became part of the group last night, but, I have to admit the bubble gut sound effects made me laugh like an idiot.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I can't  see Candiace and Chris lasting. J,ho.

Karen, share the darn room, you're  not that precious. 

I've  never liked Wendy, Nneka give up trying with her.

Yeah, Chris seemed to blame Candiace for him not working. She really shouldn’t have said she wanted to spend more time with him, he took it too literally. Then to get on her for buying a new purse and he wasn’t very supportive about her health.
Wendy is bitter and refuses to let go of Nneka calling her rude ass mama out.

• Like 12
(edited)

Robyn was so obvious with her room handouts. Prob the most obvious in RH history lol.

Ashley is playing the long game being nice to Karen. She knows it could go either way with viewers and she wants to keep the cheque lol.

Candiace made Chris stay home now she’s jetting off. Honestly wasting money, but he can’t call her out of course.

Robyn is really annoying and not fun to watch.

Gizelle is gross. Shut up and her ex is disgusting no thanks to seeing that ho.

Wendys mom is a crazy bitch but she’s obv gonna support her. Honestly tho Wendy is not fun to watch sometimes with her drama shit.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 6
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Speaking of Candiace, she gets a letter from the radiologist saying there is no cancer detected then goes on about how her benign cysts can turn in to cancer if she takes the hormones for the IVF, Chris is not interested in the unnecessary what ifs and she not happy.  Candiace has no idea that lots of women have harmless lumps, cysts, etc...at most her doctor should schedule a mammogram and ultra sound for six months out, why is she acting like she is a ticking time bomb?

I know it doesn't seem rational but I get it. My mother died of colon cancer at 59 so me and all my sisters are very diligent with colonoscopys. I promise you if I can't go for 2 days I panic. I found out I was anemic and was writing down my final wishes!!! I had a colonoscopy not even 1 polyp. Doctor said see you in 5 years. And I said THE HELL YOU PREACH SAME TIME NEXT YEAR DOC 😂😂.

So yeah it's an irrational train of thought but I understand. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

It's amusing (and ironic) that Gordon and Mia were saying Ashley has a sugar daddy, and should never get divorced in order to continue getting the benefits.

Ashley looks great with short hair (like in her confessional) because she has a pretty face. 

Gizelle was petty in taking the title of Grande Dame from Karen. It was retaliatory because Karen didn't stop talking to Wendy and Candiace.

Mia admitted she cheated with either a rapper, or somebody else.

Both Wendy and Nneka made nasty, and harmful comments about being Osu, witches, and shrines.

The real Grande Dame was on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live after the show, and she looked great in a short bob, and short shorts and a blazer. She appeared slimmer than on the show.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, Boofish said:

I know it doesn't seem rational but I get it. My mother died of colon cancer at 59 so me and all my sisters are very diligent with colonoscopys. I promise you if I can't go for 2 days I panic. I found out I was anemic and was writing down my final wishes!!! I had a colonoscopy not even 1 polyp. Doctor said see you in 5 years. And I said THE HELL YOU PREACH SAME TIME NEXT YEAR DOC 😂😂.

So yeah it's an irrational train of thought but I understand. 

I am so sorry about your Mom, I lost a brother and an aunt to leukemia and yes I get a lot anxious when I get my yearly blood work and have to wait for results, I get it, I really do. We all have a history of something(s) in our families, Candiace needs to talk to her docs to get a better idea of what those hormones from IVF can do to anyone even without a history of breast cancer. Sitting in her living room guessing is not the answer, this is where Chris loses patience.  If her history is her uncle's wife then yes, she is being dramatic. Also, those hormones for IVF are a short term thing, they have been studied, etc...she needs facts not what ifs.

FYI, I am on an every three years colonoscopy schedule...it is a love hate relationship there, lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Both Wendy and Nneka made nasty, and harmful comments about being Osu, witches, and shrines.

I don't remember any comments Wendy made other than to attempt to explain what Nneka's accusations were and why they were so harmful. I have never been to the continent, but I think that there is real irony in a discussion around voodoo/witchcraft being performed by an African woman, when one of the most lasting impacts of colonization by the English, Dutch, French and Spanish on Africa was the imprinting of Christianity on colonized countries. 

And it let's make some connections here - Ashley, who has personally profited from warmongering by her husband is somehow the one who brings this particular piece of foolishness to this group. Funny she's never talked about her time on the continent on camera, (and I'd be very interested to hear Wendy's take on Michael's investments in Africa) but somehow, she can slink her way around old stereotypical tropes about Africans engaging in witchcraft as a way to get back at their "enemies". It is an ugly insinuation, and one that is steeped in ignorance and classism, two things which Bravo, through the GEBs seem to be doubling down on. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so sorry about your Mom, I lost a brother and an aunt to leukemia and yes I get a lot anxious when I get my yearly blood work and have to wait for results, I get it, I really do. We all have a history of something(s) in our families, Candiace needs to talk to her docs to get a better idea of what those hormones from IVF can do to anyone even without a history of breast cancer. Sitting in her living room guessing is not the answer, this is where Chris loses patience.  If her history is her uncle's wife then yes, she is being dramatic. Also, those hormones for IVF are a short term thing, they have been studied, etc...she needs facts not what ifs.

FYI, I am on an every three years colonoscopy schedule...it is a love hate relationship there, lol.

Thanks love. Same for the loss of your brother and aunt. It's tough. You and the other poster I responded to made a good point. Knowing Candiace, it's her 4th cousin twice removed niece's daughter. These HW have a flare for the dramatic whenever they have a minor health inconvenience.

• Like 5

@Rlb8031Wendy did accuse Nneka of smoking crack when they were in Austin. 

21 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy's issue actually isn't with Nneka (or it shouldn't be). Wendy's actual issue is with Lebe, who is angry Wendy (who was never her friend) wouldn't give her hookups.  Lebe is the one who wound useful idiot Nneka up and Nneka's yapping got back to Wendy and cast/production also felt Nneka would be perfect to get rid of Wendy without being accused of colorism.

I would be the REAL reason Wendy didn't want Nneka joining the show (besides Nneka being a Happy Token for colorism) is because she knew Lebe would use Nneka to get on the show so she could bash Wendy & her family for not giving her the hookup.

This is what I'm thinking too. 

I liked that Candiace dressed for golf. She's the only one.

They really need to do a cast shake-up next season because this season is a wash. 

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Thanks love. Same for the loss of your brother and aunt. It's tough. You and the other poster I responded to made a good point. Knowing Candiace, it's her 4th cousin twice removed niece's daughter. These HW have a flare for the dramatic whenever they have a minor health inconvenience.

Same with Karen and her 5% carotid artery blockage, she is a woman of a certain age...5% is not so bad, it is part of normal aging, she wanted everyone to be concerned she would stroke out at any moment!

• Like 5

Nneka apologized to Whiny Wendy but Whiny couldn’t return the favor. Her mom did say she called Lebe and Whiny did say that Nnneka smoked crack in LA.

I don’t think Wendy can be friends with another accomplished woman as she holds too much jealousy and insecurity.  It’s easy for her to be friends with Candiace since she doesn’t have much going on other than chasing a not so successful singing career. Also Wendy has the better husband of the two. Eddie has a good career while Bassett is basically posting videos of himself eating nacho chips.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

And it let's make some connections here - Ashley, who has personally profited from warmongering by her husband is somehow the one who brings this particular piece of foolishness to this group. Funny she's never talked about her time on the continent on camera, (and I'd be very interested to hear Wendy's take on Michael's investments in Africa) but somehow, she can slink her way around old stereotypical tropes about Africans engaging in witchcraft as a way to get back at their "enemies". It is an ugly insinuation, and one that is steeped in ignorance and classism, two things which Bravo, through the GEBs seem to be doubling down on. 

I would like to know who tasked Ashley with bringing up osu to the group, because Wendy's been on the show since Season 5 and the osu rumors were being discussed around the same time as the Eddie rumors yet nobody thought to bring that to the group, until Nneka joined the cast.  This shows me cast and production knew the osu BS was a topic they shouldn't be discussing.

The osu BS irks me because quite frankly, Black Americans are the osu of the United States and the osu of people of African descent in general. Black Americans have historically been considered by Americans at large to be supernatural subhuman creatures. The cast whispering about Wendy and her family being cursed and practicing witchcraft is funny since the American populace at large views Black Americans the same way the cast views Wendy (and Nneka*).  And green eyes, light skin and white daddies don't exempt you from being lumped in with the Black collective steretypes.

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

They really need to do a cast shake-up next season because this season is a wash. 

Here's the shakeup that needs to happen:

Fire Nneka: Nobody on the cast give a hot F about her beyond how she can let herself be weaponized against Wendy & Karen.

Keep: Gizelle.  She has tension with Karen, Candiace & Wendy.  Keep those 3 as well.

Keep Mia but if Mia stays, Ashley gots to go because Mia fulfills the same role in the group as Ashley (sad background messy golddigger in survival mode).

However, if Ashley stays, then Robyn gots to go because both of them fulfill the same lapdog to Gizelle role plus Ashley will move the story along and will film with everyone on the cast. Robyn refuses to film with Candiace and Wendy.

Hire: New cast member to replace the 2 who get fired BUT the new cast member needs to be 50 years old or older.  The cast is too Millennial oriented and I think a GenX cast member is not going to be intimidated or impressed by Gizelle or think of her as a "big sister."

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I think Karen was pretending to enjoy the "Grand Dame" ceremony.  I think secretly she was annoyed/hurt by the whole thing.

She shouldn't be though because she IS the Grand Dame of this show.  It's what the fans think, not what Gizelle wants.

I did not like Karen in the beginning--condescending, pretentious, delusional.  But somewhere along the line, I went from disliking her, to being amused by her.  I still think she's condescending, pretentious and delusional, but now I find it...endearing. 

I stand with Candiace walking away.  Gizelle wants me to believe that it was "light shade".  Nope.  You are poking Karen in a mean girl manner.

Blah, blah, blah Robyn.  It's not like you've NEVER gone to another hotel in the middle of the night because you didn't like your accommodations.  

• Like 8

That was Gizzard poking the bear .. it’s light shade when it’s her doing something but if the tables were turned she would be screaming about how her children’s safety is now in danger and she refuses to film with them .. 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 11:13 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Same with Karen and her 5% carotid artery blockage,

My family member has this in one carotid artery. Only when it passed 70% blocked were the doctors concerned of stroke. They go in through the neck and scrape out all of the plaque from cholesterol. Surgery one day, discharge the next.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Keep Mia but if Mia stays, Ashley gots to go because Mia fulfills the same role in the group as Ashley (sad background messy golddigger in survival mode).

The scream I scrumpt. Can you just follow me around, narrate my life and sum it up in one sentence OMG. 

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

47 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

My family member has this in one carotid artery. Only when it passed 70% were the doctors concerned of stroke. They go in through the neck and scrape out all of the plaque from cholesterol. Surgery one day, discharge the next.

Or when Kim's hair fell out because she thought she had cancer *atomic eye roll*

• LOL 10
(edited)

The day after watching the show I was at the dog park talking to an old friend of about 20 years and when he mentioned a place I’d say, “is that in 20853 or is it 20832?”  Then he was talking about the Giant and I asked if he meant the one in 20906 or 20904, he asked why I was talking in zip codes.  I told him it was just something Marylanders do.  He looked at me incredulously, walked away and will probably never speak to me again.  Thank you RHOP for teaching me how important mentioning zip codes whenever possible is.

Edited by Axie
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
On 2/20/2024 at 8:54 AM, Rlb8031 said:

I don't remember any comments Wendy made other than to attempt to explain what Nneka's accusations were and why they were so harmful. I have never been to the continent, but I think that there is real irony in a discussion around voodoo/witchcraft being performed by an African woman, when one of the most lasting impacts of colonization by the English, Dutch, French and Spanish on Africa was the imprinting of Christianity on colonized countries. 

Wendy said that Nneka did crack in LA. Wendy's mother put Nneka's name in a shrine, and Nneka explained that this is connected to witchcraft, so this was not said directly by Wendy, but she discussed it on tv with her mother.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2024 at 10:46 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Chris Bassett looks nasty with that beard. It’s no wonder he can’t find work as a chef, who would want him cooking for them with that beard?

He’s giving me guy in his underwear opening the door for the cops vibes. 

• LOL 6