Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Smoking

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

How long ago was your math teacher date smoking? In the 1970s, pot wasn't very potent. Or was he smoking hash oil? That would be more like today's pot. (Do they still call it “pot”?)

Early 80's. He smoked regular weed. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But y'all are not asking the right question.  Namely, did Ava and Jacob watch Saltburn together?  And if so,  how?  Why?

I would like them to find a way to incorporate a flashback to this in an episode.

This was one of the funniest episodes they've done imo. I was howling pretty much from start to finish. I rewound to watch so many lines/reactions again.

• Like 3

The central premise of the show is that they are being followed by a camera crew so them freaking out over a student posting the video did not make sense to me since they were on camera regardless of the student filming them.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

The camera crew has been following them for what now, three years?  And no documentary in sight yet, with the possibility that segment would not be aired given the hundreds and hundreds of hours of footage.  But the student filmed them now with immediate consequences.

• Useful 1
(edited)

The kids moshing to I'm a Little Teapot.

Gee willikers, Janine!

For a minute I thought Jessca was being played by Lady Gaga.

I did not know weed made your feet big. Mr. Johnson's always bringing the little known "facts," lol.

How does the Jubi slide work? Per the YouTube videos I saw it's like actually defying gravity.

Slimothy from F.A.D.E. was worse than Tariq. If he weren't so cringe he would've been veering into cultural appropriation territory.

Jessca's week was exceptionally mid. Hate when that happens.

Jacob paid $200 for a literal box of air.

And yeah, how did Ava know Jacob vaped throughout Saltburn? Did they go see it together? Maybe they both enjoyed gazing upon male nudity.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, BAForever said:

Appreciate the theme of this epi- teachers are human and have habits that we don't necessarily want our students to see. My school is near by neighborhood and I often swing by this local Wal-Mart after work. I run into current or former students at times. If I have beer in my cart, I'm uncomfortable. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. 

That’s one scenario that wouldn’t happen in Abbott. Beer in PA is sold at state run beer stores. There a some grocery and convenience stores that now sell beer, but in the grocery store, you have to pay for it in the beer section. 

• Useful 1

It's worse, though, if a child filmed it, because that implies they are not being discreet in front of the children. It's still something the irrational freak out contingent would get upset about, but the forces of freak out would have a lot more leverage if they can claim that kids witnessed the conversation vs it was done in private in an adult-only context. The teachers have a rule about what they are allowed to say to children. It isn't technically against the rules for them to do or discuss those things away from the kids.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2024 at 9:35 PM, Galileo908 said:

"I do not want to live in a world where white people explain dance moves to me." Barbara saying "GYAN-JA" and "THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE!" were just the best. I don't think she had a bad line tonight. She was on fire this whole episode.

I adore her. And that fabulous voice. I watch for her, and for the children.

• Like 4
On 2/24/2024 at 6:36 PM, chitowngirl said:

That’s one scenario that wouldn’t happen in Abbott. Beer in PA is sold at state run beer stores. There a some grocery and convenience stores that now sell beer, but in the grocery store, you have to pay for it in the beer section. 

The beer and wine section of my local grocery store is just the first aisle after the produce/bakery/deli section. Yes, you have to pay for the beer and wine in that aisle, but you can then walk around the store with it in your cart. 

• Like 1
On 2/22/2024 at 2:12 PM, DearEvette said:

I really like Janine having enough muscle to overturn a possible suspension for that poor kid.  Also, once again Ava shows her humanity when it comes to the kids.  I like it that she was also disgusted by having to suspend him and was looking for an out.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:40 AM, Phebemarie said:

If there was no school wide rule against smoking (hard to believe), the student couldn't be disciplined anyway. 

Yes-you can't apply a new rule retroactively.  I don't understand how he could be punished for breaking a rule that did not exist at the time.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:21 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I was pretty sure the Jessca actress was from Tiktok, but I'm not invested enough to verify that. 

Sabrina Brier: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/14/style/sabrina-brier-tiktok.html

On 2/22/2024 at 3:34 PM, peeayebee said:

Mike O'Malley! Love him. Seems pretty clear he'll be back.

Agreed.

On 2/24/2024 at 5:15 PM, DearEvette said:

The camera crew has been following them for what now, three years?  And no documentary in sight yet, with the possibility that segment would not be aired given the hundreds and hundreds of hours of footage.  But the student filmed them now with immediate consequences.

Exactly  He posted it immediately.  No one has seen the documentary footage yet.

• Like 1

I did not see Janine smoking weed coming, but honestly it makes a ton of sense to me. A lot of people smoke weed or do gummies to deal with anxiety and Janine is very tightly wound, I can see her doing that as a kind of stress relief. As long as she was smoking the day before it wouldn't affect her the next day.

In my head I am going to say that Aparna Nancherla was playing her same role from what We Do in the Shadows here, a cringe elementary school anti drug assembly must be an absolute feast for an energy vampire. 

I need to know more about Ava and Jacob watching Saltburn together. 

• Like 2