Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E16 End of the Line

• Start Topic

Jay still insisting that Nurys was at fault for his ALMOST having to go down to the sand was ridiculous. As was his whole I protected her when she didn't protect me. Near as I can tell he hasn't protected her. 

The daily was kind of meh and definitely Jay's to lose. 

MAYBE I can root for Nurys, but she's it. Everyone else can go pound sand. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

The daily was kind of meh and definitely Jay's to lose. 

I actually didn’t get it the first time I watched. I didn’t understand what was the goal. Turns out they just had to get to the bottom of the rope without falling into the water, and don’t be last.

6 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

MAYBE I can root for Nurys, but she's it. Everyone else can go pound sand. 

Yes! She’s the only one I’m allowing to win.

There is nowhere else to hide for this alliance. They have to start eating their own now that both Kyland and Horacio are gone. 

9 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Jay still insisting that Nurys was at fault for his ALMOST having to go down to the sand was ridiculous.

Even the “almost” is debatable.

• Like 4

Ed, Horacio and Kyland all gone, but they did the unthinkable and maintained or, in the case of Kyland, improved their reps.  Olivia, on the other hand, has destroyed her rep.  

Go Nurys!

• Like 7

I'd be happy if Nurys won; Colleen would be okay because she kind of had the short end of the stick with whatever alliance she went with, and she has not been mean; and I'd grudgingly say that Michele deserves it, for pulling all the social strings and doing damage control for Jay's asshattery.  That's it.  

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I'd be happy if Nurys won; Colleen would be okay because she kind of had the short end of the stick with whatever alliance she went with

I like Colleen more in this season than her last season. I’ll root for her when she switches sides. I need Corey, Colleen and James to get on #TeamNurys since there is nowhere for them to hide anymore. They will be thrown to the wolves unless they win.

• Like 4

How did Olivia twist this in her head to make sense for this kind of betrayal? What a dummy.

I’m very impressed with Nurys but I really wanted to see Horacio in the final. I guess the silver lining is that we’re going to see the alliance start imploding. 

• Like 6

As I watched in horror on Wednesday, I figured the worst thing: that we were going to have to wait several days before the forums were good enough to post on. I'm thinking that if we had the forums that night, we'd be on the second page by now.

I'm also resigned in the notion that someone bad is going to win this season. Either Michele-with-one-L and her "Micheltdowns," Olivia and her ability to betray her friends, or fucking Jay. Really, I just want him to lose the rest of his hair at this point. Watching him get weepy about how Nurys being in the bottom three was not part of the plan . . . .fucker, the blood is on your hands. The only ways I can be happy with him now is if he either falls painfully short of the prize money or if he gets purged. Part of me is concerned that the latter isn't going to happen because BMP sees Jay and the other assholes as the "face" of the show. Not Horacio, who is too nice to be playing this game. Not Kyland, who had to beat two Champions to stay in the game. Nope . . . . Jay was popular and came up short, so he has to be one of the flag-bearers, even if he's now an insufferable, unattractive prick. So, basically, what happened with Johnny and Evan.

Olivia is getting dragged for letting down Horacio. The whole show should be dragged for that. She could have saved Nurys, leading to the elimination of dead weight. Nope . . . . it was Horacio, Kyland and Nurys at the bottom three, and only one of them could move on. And I can't see a situation where Nurys surviving the cut will be a good thing. Is she going to rip into those that set up up? To me, she'd have to go beyond Katie almost assaulting Veronica way back in Inferno. She'd have to lunge at Jay's neck with her teeth to satisfy me. As for Olivia . . . in the last few weeks, I've seen people wish for Rogan to come back and ring Jay's bell again. I'm surprised I haven't seen such an appeal for the return of slingshots, so that Olivia can take herself out of the running one more time.

Oh, and Ed got purged. I know, he played a shysty game in the previous episode, but I felt that he was a good guy. Good guys never win on this show. Just ask Horacio or Cohutta. We have to accept that someone awful is going to win more than $300K in the end, and that the audience at the Reunion will let them off the hook for being a prick.

Compared to this, a heavily-edited biography of CT looked awesome. He's probably watching at home, regretting that he didn't take out Jay like so many people wanted him to do.

• Like 7

This was the worst episode of the season. I started the season neutral on Nurys, but now she is the only one I am rooting for to win. I am not looking forward to this week's episode where they celebrate both Horacio and Kyland going home. I think they were expecting/hoping one, but certainly not both. I would bet everyone at the house was thinking that Nurys would be going home. 

This goes back to the premise of the season and how production missed the mark completely. Besides Nurys, and that is just purely based on the way this game was played, I am not rooting for any of these competitors to become a champion. Casting completely missed the mark. What a waste of an otherwise interesting concept of ensuring someone who has never won will win. 

• Like 5

Rooting for Nurys now too. Can't get behind Coleen or Cory because they could have jumped ships to the good side and helped them boot the evil side, MichJay. Same with Berna. And Berna, too, is obnoxious. And I am sick of seeing her cheeks hanging out. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Rooting for Nurys, but I can't see her lasting long, realistically.  The rest of the house can fuck off.  I have zero interest in any of them, even as villains.   I'd rather watch 60 minutes of Bananas noodling on his guitar while telling fart jokes than watch the remaining cast (other than Nurys) in future seasons.  Bunch of fucking zeros afaic.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
32 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

This was the worst episode of the season. I started the season neutral on Nurys, but now she is the only one I am rooting for to win. I am not looking forward to this week's episode where they celebrate both Horacio and Kyland going home. I think they were expecting/hoping one, but certainly not both. I would bet everyone at the house was thinking that Nurys would be going home. 

This goes back to the premise of the season and how production missed the mark completely. Besides Nurys, and that is just purely based on the way this game was played, I am not rooting for any of these competitors to become a champion. Casting completely missed the mark. What a waste of an otherwise interesting concept of ensuring someone who has never won will win. 

Agree about the premise.  The contestants should have had to make a final to qualify.  

• Like 2
(edited)

The producers want Jay or Michelle to win. That repelling challenge was tailor made for Jay, the known rock climber. And a couple episodes ago there was a puzzle that was eerily similar to ones Michelle had won on Survivor. What a crock! 

I’ve never seen an episode where the top 3 favorites to win went home. Switching from only one of the 3 going home in elimination to now 2 was absolutely bullshit! 

I’m still not crazy about Nurys either, and she has zero shot of winning a final where water will almost certainly be involved.

All drama has been removed from the season. Only 3 players left have been in an elimination, I think. Michelle is the best realistic option to win. Jay would be disgusting. Fucking rat. 

Edited by ImpinAintEasy
  • Like 5
On 2/5/2024 at 7:38 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I am not looking forward to this week's episode where they celebrate both Horacio and Kyland going home.

I am already so angry thinking of Jay’s smug confessionals.  The thought of him celebrating makes me want to punch the teevee.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I listened to Horacio's interview on the Challenge Podcast. I found it interesting and it made me really appreciate who he is as a person. 

1. He said that before the season Jay told him Jay liked him because he's (Horacio) is respectful. The veterans aren't respectful. 🙄 I guess respectful to Jay means kowtowing. 

2. He mentions visiting Olivia after Ride or Dies but before this season and makes sure to mention that when he stays at her house he slept on the couch. It was a natural part of the sentence, not like he was trying to cover tracks or anything. I appreciated he thought to make their relationship clear and not fuel speculation about something that wasn't there. 

3. He talked about how he was slow with his relationship with Nurys and didn't show a lot on air because he didn't want it to be a 'showmance.' 

4. He called Olivia after the season to check up on her. He doesn't think they'll be friends again in the same way, but he recognized that she was taking a beating and wanted to show his support. 

5. He also said she didn't apologize which in the podcast episode related to episode 17 she claims she did. But she also says "I'm sorry you felt like..." which to me, and a lot of other people, is not necessarily an apology. She cut off and didn't finish the sentence so it is possible she completed it with something like "I'm sorry you felt like I didn't have your back" or something but it is still a non-apology because it is putting the misunderstanding on him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

This show is rapidly morphing into Survivor, from the inclusion of Jay and Michele to the Survivor-like eliminations, to the inevitable groaning realization that someone you can't stand is probably going to win. 

Where did the physical eliminations go?  Where's the pole wrestle?  The hall brawl?  The immersions in freezing cold water?  wtf?  I get they can't do any of that now because we have an elimination format that pits males vs. females, but what about earlier in the season?

Those complaints aside, as much as everyone seems to hate this episode, it did seem to me the best episode thus far, and the closest in spirit to previous seasons.   We had a self-important prick in charge of deliberations, shameless betrayals of friends, a hero (Olivia) go to zero in the space of a moment, and an inspiring yet heartbreaking/heartwarming final elimination.

That said, this remains the worst, most vapid and empty-feeling season of The Challenge I have ever sat through.   And there's no hope anything can redeem it.

When we were looking at the DVR list to catch up on episodes tonight, my Challenge ride-or-die suggested we watch instead the interviews with CT, Cara and Darrell, since they were bound to be more interesting than any of this season's episodes.

Jay will probably win, but it won't be a true win in spirit because he hasn't had to withstand the machinations of anyone who really knows how to play this game.   He's an amateurish asshole among sheep, basically.   We have seen in previous seasons what happens when Jay faces real competition: he gets chewed up and spit out. 

(edited)

I just want to add, I think the single worst element of The Challenge (and spin-offs) ... worse than even the lackluster casting or Jay's hairline ... is the forced party.   It's so cringe that I can't stand watching it anymore.  "Hey, here we are,  making asses of ourselves pretending to have a good time.  Hey, cameraman, can you get in any tighter on Moriah's ass or Nurys' boobs while they pretend-dance?"

But the worst part is that it's a sore reminder of how much spontaneity the show has lost.  Club night and the drunken bus ride home made for some very unexpected and memorable moments over the years.    This charade they've replaced it with is insulting to viewers.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 3
On 2/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, joanne3482 said:

4. He called Olivia after the season to check up on her. He doesn't think they'll be friends again in the same way, but he recognized that she was taking a beating and wanted to show his support. 

He's way too good of a person!

• Like 1