Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Notes on a Scandal

• Start Topic

I have no life and am looking forward to this ridiculous season. 

BUT

Do we suspect that the producers are puppet-mastering us and love that they can control our reactions to these events?

They can edit the footage so that we want to burn Sandoval at the stake. 

And they can also edit the footage so that Ariana is a bitter, irrational villain. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

BUT

Do we suspect that the producers are puppet-mastering us and love that they can control our reactions to these events?

And they can also edit the footage so that Ariana is a bitter, irrational villain. 

True - but we regular viewers know them pretty well by now.  I've seen the commercials, but even without them I could predict that Tom will alternate between his natural charm that makes people like him in spite of himself, and some self-pity that's meant to make us like him, but will actually turn us off and help us remember what he did.  And Ariana has always been more cold and arrogant, so combine that with her still thinking she's a fan favorite because of the love she got last season, and she's going to come off as bitter and irrational  to those unable to hold a grudge on her behalf for so long 😄.  (I hadn't predicted "Lala" being such a jealous bitch, but the previews show us that she is, and really - that's true to her character as well!)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, princelina said:

(I hadn't predicted "Lala" being such a jealous bitch, but the previews show us that she is, and really - that's true to her character as well!)

Love your entire post!

I think I read somewhere or saw something that suggested that Lala was not actually shouting, what it looked like she was shouting, because her envy of Ariana’s job offers and fan support has been exponentially growing. Ariana explained that she and Lala are still “good.” I think that I may have seen her explaining this on WWHL. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

BUT

They will edit, edit, edit until they create exactly what they want. The days of actual reality are gone.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Love your entire post!

I think I read somewhere or saw something that suggested that Lala was not actually shouting, what it looked like she was shouting, because her envy of Ariana’s job offers and fan support has been exponentially growing. Ariana explained that she and Lala are still “good.” I think that I may have seen her explaining this on WWHL. 

We'll see - I think it's easier for everyone just to stay "friends" with "Lala" because she's such a nasty bully and they don't want to get into it with her!  I'm sure she's also jealous because Ariana got so much more sympathy for her cheating man than "Lala" did  😃

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I don’t know if I can put up with Sandoval’s whiny, petulant ass this season.  Blocking Summer Moon? Pissed at Scheana for telling him the truth? 

But at least the dick flute is glued back together. Priorities, man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

"Notes on a Scandal". In the season 11 premiere, Ariana puts on a brave face and attempts to rebuild her life after Tom’s infidelity, despite sharing a house with her ex-boyfriend. Tom Schwartz tries to make peace with his friends, but discovers he’s still excommunicated from the group. James settles into his new life of domestic bliss with Ally. Scheana opens up about her postpartum OCD diagnosis. Lala confides in Lisa Vanderpump about her regrettable treatment of a one-time nemesis, making a grand gesture that threatens to rock the boat with her friends.

TBH, I watched this last week and pretty much immediately forgot what happened. I was bored and had no interest in them beating the dead horse called "Scandoval".

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

TBH, I watched this last week and pretty much immediately forgot what happened. I was bored and had no interest in them beating the dead horse called "Scandoval".

Yeah…I’m a little underwhelmed too, but how could they top #Scandoval? I’m giving a major side-eye to Lala’s newfound empathy for Rachel. The conversation with Lisa just seemed fake. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’m giving a major side-eye to Lala’s newfound empathy for Rachel.

Me too, especially when she and James essentially took over the Reunion and hurled the most insults to both Tom and Rachel.  Now, of course, she needs to have some sort of storyline - after all, the breakup with the Chinless Wonder is old news, no one cares about her and she has no real storyline anymore.  Hence she will now take on Ariana.  The seeds are being laid.  

Hell, it looks like from the previews they're all at a beach party at some point, with James drawing the proverbial "line in the sand."

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Me too, especially when she and James essentially took over the Reunion and hurled the most insults to both Tom and Rachel.  Now, of course, she needs to have some sort of storyline - after all, the breakup with the Chinless Wonder is old news, no one cares about her and she has no real storyline anymore.  Hence she will now take on Ariana.  The seeds are being laid.  

Hell, it looks like from the previews they're all at a beach party at some point, with James drawing the proverbial "line in the sand."

If Ariana is the “villain” this season, we know who’s behind it, I think. Lala still has a lot of sway over this group. Just a lot of alarm bells going off when Lala was explaining herself to Ariana. Funny how being the “mistress” to that blob Rand never seemed to bother her before…now she’s had a “come to Jesus” moment about someone she’s hated for years? Something ain’t right.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Yeah…I’m a little underwhelmed too, but how could they top #Scandoval? I’m giving a major side-eye to Lala’s newfound empathy for Rachel. The conversation with Lisa just seemed fake. 

My take on it was - I believe it happened before they knew Raquel wasn't coming back.  I think "Lala" was trying to back the right horse, but she f'd up 😄

• Like 3

The early episodes happened before they knew Rachel wasn’t coming back as @princelina said. I think Lala was designated as the person to bring her back in when she was ready to film. Usually that would fall on Scheana but because of the restraining order she wasn’t willing. Rachel had put the moves on Schwartz so Katie was out. Ariana too for obvious reasons. Lala was the best option so she was tasked with it. The whole thing screams of producer setup. Otherwise Scheana and Katie would have been way more pissed off with Lala, especially Scheana, who is very close to her. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Upon the rerun before the new ep, I get the feeling this isn't sincere and was either producer-driven or her way of getting camera time vis-a-vis fighting with Arianna. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, glowbug said:

The early episodes happened before they knew Rachel wasn’t coming back as @princelina said. I think Lala was designated as the person to bring her back in when she was ready to film. Usually that would fall on Scheana but because of the restraining order she wasn’t willing. Rachel had put the moves on Schwartz so Katie was out. Ariana too for obvious reasons. Lala was the best option so she was tasked with it. The whole thing screams of producer setup. Otherwise Scheana and Katie would have been way more pissed off with Lala, especially Scheana, who is very close to her. 

I think the timing of last season’s #scandoval add-on and then this season’s filming starting up soon after the reunion is really going to be detrimental to the viewers’ experience. To us, Scandoval happened an entire year ago so why are they still harping on it? But to the cast members, this is filmed still within the first few months after the fallout. It seems that they don’t even yet know Rachel is sequestered away at a behavioral health facility and wouldn’t even have access to her phone to even get Lala’s message. Wait, I might be wrong about that because they mentioned the mailed packages, so they know she’s in the facility. Ariana got a lot of attention and opportunities right away, so I can see why also “scorned woman” Lala is seething with jealousy that Ariana is getting all of this support and special work when she got nothing with Randal cheating on her. Lala kind of fell through the cracks because none of it was on the season, but suddenly that reunion 2 years ago, it was Lala and Randall, Katie and Schwartz, and Raquel and James all breaking up! Out of the bunch, Katie and Schwartz were the biggest deal. Sandoval really made the mistake by not slipping in his breakup then, too—no one would have batted an eye since the entire damn cast broke up. But now in Lala’s eyes, Ariana got the empathy all last season—even though she yet didn’t know she was being cheated on—and now all this season. 

• Like 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think the timing of last season’s #scandoval add-on and then this season’s filming starting up soon after the reunion is really going to be detrimental to the viewers’ experience. To us, Scandoval happened an entire year ago so why are they still harping on it? But to the cast members, this is filmed still within the first few months after the fallout. It seems that they don’t even yet know Rachel is sequestered away at a behavioral health facility and wouldn’t even have access to her phone to even get Lala’s message. Wait, I might be wrong about that because they mentioned the mailed packages, so they know she’s in the facility. Ariana got a lot of attention and opportunities right away, so I can see why also “scorned woman” Lala is seething with jealousy that Ariana is getting all of this support and special work when she got nothing with Randal cheating on her. Lala kind of fell through the cracks because none of it was on the season, but suddenly that reunion 2 years ago, it was Lala and Randall, Katie and Schwartz, and Raquel and James all breaking up! Out of the bunch, Katie and Schwartz were the biggest deal. Sandoval really made the mistake by not slipping in his breakup then, too—no one would have batted an eye since the entire damn cast broke up. But now in Lala’s eyes, Ariana got the empathy all last season—even though she yet didn’t know she was being cheated on—and now all this season. 

Sandoval was not with Raquel when the other couples were breaking up. He probably wanted to announce he was breaking up with Ariana after S10 aired (April 2023), but Ariana looked at his phone in early March 2023. And there probably wouldn't be another season without Scandoval anyway, so he would be "safe".

On 2/5/2024 at 3:09 PM, FozzyBear said:

Yeah, I think Arianna is going to get a villain edit and I think she’s going to make it easy. 

Yes, judging by the second episode which aired yesterday. 

That was boring. That's all I have.

Edited by ZettaK
45 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Sandoval was not with Raquel when the other couples were breaking up. He probably wanted to announce he was breaking up with Ariana after S10 aired (April 2023), but Ariana looked at his phone in early March 2023. And there probably wouldn't be another season without Scandoval anyway, so he would be "safe".

Yes, judging by the second episode which aired yesterday. 

That was boring. That's all I have.

Yeah, I know he wasn’t with Raquel yet. But he claimed that he was unhappy with Ariana long before the affair started but he stayed with her because of the personal brand they built together. If he was really unhappy but afraid of how it would impact the show or his opportunities or whatever, it would have been the perfect time to do it. Or, if he really had no intention of leaving before he fell in love with Raquel, then he saw how the show went on with Schwartz and Katie. He also had a built-in excuse from day 1 with her never wanting kids or marriage. There were plenty of opportunities to end it without being the villain. I don’t see how he thought he was going to hide an affair for close to a year and get away with it—especially when he’s in the public eye. Granted, I guess he did get away with it for a pretty long time, which is why it was so shocking.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, I know he wasn’t with Raquel yet. But he claimed that he was unhappy with Ariana long before the affair started but he stayed with her because of the personal brand they built together. If he was really unhappy but afraid of how it would impact the show or his opportunities or whatever, it would have been the perfect time to do it. Or, if he really had no intention of leaving before he fell in love with Raquel, then he saw how the show went on with Schwartz and Katie. He also had a built-in excuse from day 1 with her never wanting kids or marriage. There were plenty of opportunities to end it without being the villain. I don’t see how he thought he was going to hide an affair for close to a year and get away with it—especially when he’s in the public eye. Granted, I guess he did get away with it for a pretty long time, which is why it was so shocking.

I don't think he expected to fall in love, and it probably took some time to realize it- and then all hell broke loose. It's also possible this could happen with somebody else in the future, as his relationship with Ariana was not great. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

If memory serves, Sandoval said he was planning on breaking up with Arianna between seasons .

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

If memory serves, Sandoval said he was planning on breaking up with Arianna between seasons .

Yes, between S10, and S11, but I'm not sure there would be a S11 without Scandoval. It was obvious from the season finale of S10, and Lisa Vanderpump's speech that this was probably a series finale. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, between S10, and S11, but I'm not sure there would be a S11 without Scandoval. It was obvious from the season finale of S10, and Lisa Vanderpump's speech that this was probably a series finale. 

Agreed - after all, ALL of the major players no longer work FOR her - with the exception of James and even there, he's branching out to the big festivals and venues based on his own reputation and doesn't need the gig at SUR.  Lisa seems to have hinted that Tom and Tom are no longer partners in TomTom and that she gave them back their investment for infusion of cash into Schwartz & Sandy's (also haven't heard that Scandoval has affected the business at TomTom - only S&S).  Ariana and Katie have the Sandwich shop.  Lala has her overpriced line of God knows what.  And frankly, I don't give a shit about Scheana or her trying to resurrect her music career.  Only Charli and Rachel still worked at SUR, right?  And, thankfully, they're gone.  So why does anyone give a shit about Lisa's "Rules" anymore.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Lisa seems to have hinted that Tom and Tom are no longer partners in TomTom and that she gave them back their investment for infusion of cash into Schwartz & Sandy's (also haven't heard that Scandoval has affected the business at TomTom - only S&S).  

I had totally forgotten about that but my ears perked up when successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks alluded to that! This is not a good omen... Now that you mention it, I hadn't thought about how Scandoval would affect TomTom, unless everyone knows that they have no involvement there.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wait. We think that Sandoval in fact fell in love with Leviss?

No. 

Define: Love. 😏

They certainly had a relationship, but was it more than physical? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Define: Love. 😏

They certainly had a relationship, but was it more than physical? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I'm not thinking LOVE either - he just wanted someone new to have sex with initially and her fandom to him was probably a bit of an aphrodisiac.  After all, the previews are showing Schwartz telling him to get out and date, which he would not be recommending if Rachel was still his "lurve."  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2024 at 4:25 AM, ZettaK said:

They will edit, edit, edit until they create exactly what they want. The days of actual reality are gone.

The only way I think we could get an actual reality show is if they had hidden cameras and the people didn't know they were being filmed, which obviously would never happen. 

Adriana is only popular because she was the woman wronged. I don't expect her popularity will last long. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 2/7/2024 at 8:26 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wait. We think that Sandoval in fact fell in love with Leviss?

No. 

It's possible. He was almost 40, and she was something new, and exciting. He said this season that he was in love with her (that was in late July, early August 2023). He could just be infatuated (to use an old fashioned term) with her.

• Like 1
On 2/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t know if I can put up with Sandoval’s whiny, petulant ass this season.  Blocking Summer Moon? Pissed at Scheana for telling him the truth? 

I'm still wondering why a toddler has an Instagram account.

Favorite episode moment.

Katie:  I hope he cries.

Me too Katie. Me too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm still wondering why a toddler has an Instagram account.

They all do.  Must be a thing now.  I don't know if the same is true of "regular" people.  My daughter-in-law will post pictures of my granddaughters on Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat from time to time.  But wouldn't dream of getting them they own Instagram etc. accounts.  

• Like 1
On 2/6/2024 at 3:25 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Hey, he needs that flute for his Le Petomane act.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

They all do.  Must be a thing now.  I don't know if the same is true of "regular" people.  My daughter-in-law will post pictures of my granddaughters on Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat from time to time.  But wouldn't dream of getting them they own Instagram etc. accounts.  

It's a thing, especially regarding celebrities, but not only. Individuals even create social media accounts for their furry companions. 

3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's a thing, especially regarding celebrities, but not only. Individuals even create social media accounts for their furry companions. 

I have a Twitter account (so I can read what people are saying mostly) but no Facebook, Instagram etc.  I know I'm a Fossil.....I have a sweatshirt that says "No I don't do Instagram or Snapchat.....but I can read and write in cursive, do math without a calculator and tell time on a clock with hands."  I can't tell you how many times my fellow Fossils stop me and ask where they can get one.  

[Amazon}

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Scheana trying desperately to bring the cheating scandal back around to herself is cringe worthy. I have 2nd hand embarrassment for her strutting around as if she is the queen of reality tv now. You punched a girl in the face and are crying over consequences for your poor actions. GTFOH. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Scheana trying desperately to bring the cheating scandal back around to herself is cringe worthy. I have 2nd hand embarrassment for her strutting around as if she is the queen of reality tv now. You punched a girl in the face and are crying over consequences for your poor actions. GTFOH. 

Well, a competitor (Rachel) is not on the show anymore, and she feels she elevated herself as a cast member. Rachel was a major "character" before Scandoval. 

• Like 1

Stayed away for just about the whole season, but decided to try and catch up, which did not last long. Ariana, whom I used to favor, is turning to the arrogant bitch others have labeled her, so she seems a very good pairing with Katie - who has no attitude other than  her own delusional idea that she is right about everything and never has to listen to anyone about anything. Schwartz is such a pathetic suck up to anyone who will give him the time of day, Lala is trying, laughably, to remake herself into mom of the year, Sheana is....well....Sheana....and boring.....what the f**k is jaxass doing back on the show? But had to stop watching when the ever egotistical-psycho-manical-james-kennedy-god's-gift-to-who-knows-what decided to go to Sandovals birthday party (and, if Sandoval IS paying part of the expenses for the house, who the FK is ariana  to tell him he can't have a party! Like to see him try to  give her the same orders) for the sole purpose of starting a fight and yelling longer and louder than anyone else. No thanks. Think I'll look in for at least one other episode because once upon a time I actually liked this show - and its the only one of the entire Real Whatevers and their offshoots that I actually care to watch. Except for Family Karma - wish there was more of that to come.

• Like 1