Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Pin-Up Pittfalls

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I may need to start watching this with the sound off.  All of the bullshit goading and insulting each other is just tiresome.  There is not enough STFU in the world for this group.  And the tattoos were ugly.  

Those were jacked up  pin-ups. The pig nose? The gorilla with a wig? And those were the ones that stayed! I could not believe Josh won, the face on his was awful. I'd take a wire brush to that mess, I'd rather have a scar than any of those. I realize pin-ups aren't everyone's thing but some of those so called artists appeared as though they'd never even seen one. Gah.

• Love 2

I think Josh won by default because the other tattoos were so bad. That janky nose though. The only other one that I liked was Mark's painter pinup, though the hands were a mess.

Angel's tattoo reminds me of Deena from Jersey Shore. Obviously, that's not a good thing.

• Love 1

Delurking to say that not only were most of the tats jacked up, the B3 were the worst of the worst and all three of them should have been eliminated, not just TJ.

Make room on the Emily Hate train for me. She almost makes Josh Hibbard look like a saint-almost. As for her wanting Guest Judge Joe Mangianello to go home with her, please! Like he'd even consider giving her the time of day.

• Love 2

Those pin up tattoos on average were just all around horrible. Especially that pig nose, that guy needed to be sent home, cause that thing was just all around ugly. The guy that tattooed that can't be blaming the canvas for being picky. He also said that he would tell the guy to "fuck off" if he walked into his shop. Why is he in the profession where you have to give the client what they want, and they have a right to be as picky as they want. It's going on their body permanently and will cost a lot if they have to cover it up or get it removed. This episode they fucked up a lot of people, Ink Master should pay for the ones that needs to be covered up or worked on.

LT's was horrible cause that face was just atrocious. The guy who did that maid, she just looked busted and looked like she didn't want to work.

Booberella really needs to tone it down and STFU cause she's sounding like a producer plant right now than an actual contestant. She keeps opening her mouth when it's not necessary and judges need to call her out on that.

I just don't understand why all of them have to make snide remarks towards each other and just act mean spirited. All except Julia who seems like a nice person. 

• Love 2

Very enjoyable to watch with the sound off.  As I mentioned last week, I only listen to Josh, the judges instructions, their critique & the deliberation.  SO much better than the incessant nattering and verbal posturing. 

Obviously Josh has put work into his pinups, much better than last year.    And I love how he gets into people's heads & screws with them.  He loves to light the matches and watch them burrrrrnnnnnn......*LOL* 

• Love 1

If Tattoo Nightmares ever needs some subjects in a hurry, they know where they can go; this bunch is setting a new low. Unless they've got something to prove, why would an artist want to put up with the BS on this show? I had to laugh when one of the artists complained about having to base his tattoo on the crappy job he'd done in the body-painting round.

I'll be honest- I don't remember the tattoos like y'all do.  I thought there was some bad, but not any different from any other season.  My reaction to the show is about all the other crap.

I still want to punch that smirking woman in the face.  Why do you need to have an exaggerated reaction to everything?  I get being desperate for airtime, but even with that- maybe dial it down a notch. 

The dude with the heart on his face needs to NOT YELL AT ME ALL THE TIME.  Maybe he needs his hearing tested.  

And the scrawling tweets at the bottom...am I the last person on earth who gives not one fuck what someone says in 140 characters?  I hate scrawling news items, I just want to kick back and watch a damn show, they pull my focus.  They were also out-of-sync, probably because they're censoring, but it's not a live conversation if even the show itself tweets "can't wait to see" about something that literally just happened.  

I understand that tweets are somehow part of ratings now, though I don't get the details.  But...1/3 of them were from the show, a contestant, or a judge.  Those are somehow excluded, right?  It seemed like the show was basically talking about itself, which it already kind of does by, y'know, being edited and aired.

So yeah- tattoos...kind of secondary in my recollection of things.

• Love 2

If you would like to see the tattoos, you can see them on Spike's website. It's called "Skin in the Game" You can even vote. Unless you have a strong gag reflex, you might want to skip this weeks, though. So many are just bad, amateurish and jacked. Jason's was surprisingly good but the wink was a bad choice and one of her hands was wacky looking. Josh's was very dark and hard to see but the face was ugly and it looked like she had used the ax on her own foot. I would have though most of them had never even drawn a pin up, much less tattooed one.  A few were passable but they all made bad choices. IMO

There was a boatload of bad to choose from, but I really didn't think the losing one was the worst. The Hawaiian gorilla and magician with claw hands and half her face missing were awful. And why is the army nurse about to impale herself in the eye with a huge syriinge? The bend-over maid wasn't bad technically, but dude! That pose.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

I don't believe this show is really looking for an "Ink Master" anymore with this crop. I'm just going to be watching for the bad tattoos now because this week's were HILARIOUS. 

I do feel bad for those human canvases, though.

• Love 1

Man, the tattoos this week were JACKED UP. I can't think of anything good to say about the horribly misshapen women they permanently inked onto these people's bodies. They had ugly faces, anatomically impossible hands and feet, and overall hideous examples of pinups.

The only thing I liked about this episode was the body painting in the preliminary round. I love stuff like that (which is why I've been watching Skin Wars). Jason's jean shorts were amazingly realistic.

The brother with the heart on his face (is it a tattoo? a scarification thing? whatever it is, it's ugly) is exhausting to watch. I have no idea who is actually in the wrong with those brothers. All I know is that heart face turns into a shrieking drama queen whenever he's near his brother. Like am i supposed to take his claim that he wants to mend that relationship seriously when he's getting in the guy's face and yelling at him every week? It seems like he just likes playing the victim and getting attention. I actually don't give a crap about the rivalries because all of these people seem like punk ass bitches.

Make room on the Emily Hate train for me. She almost makes Josh Hibbard look like a saint-almost.

ITA - they are both such obnoxious shit stirrers. At least Josh wasn't quite as horrible during judging as she is though. The remarks she makes are on the level of a mean 10 year old girl.

• Love 2

Those were jacked up  pin-ups. The pig nose? The gorilla with a wig? And those were the ones that stayed! I could not believe Josh won, the face on his was awful. I'd take a wire brush to that mess, I'd rather have a scar than any of those. I realize pin-ups aren't everyone's thing but some of those so called artists appeared as though they'd never even seen one. Gah.

Based on these tattoos I'm not sure these "artists" have ever seen a woman or a person.  If these tattoos represented real people, then we have a group with some major physical deformities - one leg much longer than the other, claw hands, club feet, bulging foreheads, misshapen elbows, a nose fit for an elephant seal.  This was rough all the way around.  

• Love 3

Lt deserves to burn in hell for that hideous tattoo. And the crap he was spouting..."I can outlast everyone in this competition". He needs to find a new job. I hope this show exposes the crap artist that he is and that nobody will come to him to get work done.

As much as I didn't like Josh last season, I actually want him to do well this season because everyone else sucks. Josh talks big, but at least he backs up his skill. Most of the other artists just flap their mouths.

OMFG! those tattoos were atrocious. My heart bleeds for the human canvasses - I know they are taking a risk by participating in the show but they have the right, I believe, to expect a reasonable piece of quality work, not that shit that was inked on them this week.

• Love 3

Wow, those were some horrendous examples of skin "art."

Cannot stand Emily; whether she's just trying to get attention or she's just not a nice person at all, I'm sick of her mugging and opinions. We all know she's in for the long haul though cause she brings the drama.

Unpopular opinion time:

I like Josh this go round. I didn't find his pin up to be all that great, but it probably was the best of the worst and at least it will heal lighter so some of the fine dark lines will fade. Actually, I didn't hate him as much as everyone else did in his first time on the show. I think a lot of what he said was to get into people's heads and some of it was even truthful.

In fact, I do my own artwork for my skin, and if I went to anyone to ink it, it would be Joshua because I can appreciate that he can copy almost anything. I realize that's not what everyone wants, which I why I am speaking of my viewpoint, specifically.

• Love 1

Wow, those were some horrendous examples of skin "art."

Cannot stand Emily; whether she's just trying to get attention or she's just not a nice person at all, I'm sick of her mugging and opinions. We all know she's in for the long haul though cause she brings the drama.

Unpopular opinion time:

I like Josh this go round. I didn't find his pin up to be all that great, but it probably was the best of the worst and at least it will heal lighter so some of the fine dark lines will fade. Actually, I didn't hate him as much as everyone else did in his first time on the show. I think a lot of what he said was to get into people's heads and some of it was even truthful.

In fact, I do my own artwork for my skin, and if I went to anyone to ink it, it would be Joshua because I can appreciate that he can copy almost anything. I realize that's not what everyone wants, which I why I am speaking of my viewpoint, specifically.

I didn't hate Josh but I didn't think he was nearly as clever as he thought himself and it got old. Then he got whiney and I was over it. I did like some of his work and his pin-up was so much better than the last one that it pushes it to "good" but on it's own, it's really ugly. The poor thing has a face liked smacked ass.

• Love 1

The judges should have said that nobody won since the overall work was bad. Also Josh's tattoo his pin up looked like she had a red nose like Rudolph. Was that on purpose? Or was that a mark on the canvas' skin which I think not cause tattoo artist usually wouldn't tattoo on a bad part of skin.