Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E12: A Sunset, Seattle Scramble LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, proserpina65 said:

Well, fuck.  Turns out I really DIDN'T want Greg & John to win after all.  Nothing they did or didn't do, but I wanted a team which wasn't young, fit guys to win.

They didn't win cause they were young and fit though. They won because they were well rounded.

• Like 12

I think 20 seconds was a bit of an under-estimate.  They were on screen on the mat for more than 20 seconds. 

But still, for the Beards, it came down to having those two kayaks reversed.

This wasn't my favorite final challenge.  the kayaks added a physical element, but it wasn't a huge mental challenge like we've seen in the past. 

• Like 2

I think Rob and Corey were very far behind and both of the other teams were already gone by the time they got to the kayaks.  Editing tried to make it look like they were there at the same time but I don’t think they were.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

They didn't win cause they were young and fit though. They won because they were well rounded.

I disagree.  They made up a lot of time in the trapeze task and their fitness had a lot to do with that.  Their performances in the other two tasks were really subpar.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 2

Greg & John being "well rounded" got them to the final 3.  Along with being in good shape.  (I don't know if the "young" part really made any difference here.)

Being in good shape allowed them to make up time lost at the glass blowing challenge, as they cruised through the trapeze challenge. 

• Like 5

I really did like all three teams, so I'm happy with the outcome -- plus Greg & John were the dominant team, so it's all good. As others have said, I'm not sure if I've ever before been a fan of every team in the finale. Congrats to all on a Race well run.

What a great season! I think it places in my personal Top 3, alongside Seasons 1 and 5.

• Like 6
  • Love 1