Type keyword(s) to search

S39.09: A Banana Split

shantown
  • Start Topic

Cracks in the alliances begin to show themselves as one Contender works to flip the house vote. Multiple romantic scandals come to a head as one of the Contenders is confronted about being unfaithful.

Airs 12/13 at 8pm on MTV

A team of three beat the teams of two!  Who could have seen that coming?  They really should have had that team of three split up for each round, like Zara and Ravyn, then Asaf and Zara, then Asaf and Ravyn, something like that.

Ooh Devin must have spilled some tea after his matchup.  However, I refuse to believe that John is sitting at home crying into his corn flakes about Moriah.

I’m sad to see Melissa leave, but happy that they’re going to have to vote for someone else finally.

• Like 11

I agree as far as splitting up the three for the challenge. Can someone tell me why everyone thinks Emmanuel is that great? First it was Tori and now he has three oogling him while he has a girlfriend at home. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tessa said:

Can someone tell me why everyone thinks Emmanuel is that great? First it was Tori and now he has three oogling him while he has a girlfriend at home.

He's hot AF, relatively drama free, and the Challenge house isn't known for inspiring fidelity. I can see it.

4 hours ago, tessa said:

I agree as far as splitting up the three for the challenge. Can someone tell me why everyone thinks Emmanuel is that great? First it was Tori and now he has three oogling him while he has a girlfriend at home. 

2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

He's hot AF, relatively drama free, and the Challenge house isn't known for inspiring fidelity. I can see it.

Not a woman but I look at those gages and it's head scratching that women find that attractive.

He dresses like a rocker with the tats and head scarves.  In previous season he played at dracula.

Is he a musician or a wannabe?

But he's tall, fit and exudes a lot of confidence, which is probably catnip to some young women.

Obviously a player but Colleen couldn't see that before she hooked up with him?

Yeah the Daily was dominated for the most part by the team of 3 because it involved carrying and dragging heavy objects.

Maybe instead of having one odd number team, why not wait until the next episode when they'd have an even number of challengers?

I can't believe they're not even half way through the season.  Some of them were talking about how soon they would have to vote in members of alliances because the numbers were winding down.

Asaf is hot-headed.  He's probably going to be voted into the elimination sooner than later.

There must be some double eliminations coming up.

I kind of lost interest by the time the elimination came up.

These old vets or champions do everything they can to avoid being sent into elimination during their own seasons but for their cameos on this season, they have nothing to lose, they get to compete in an elimination with nothing at risk.  Well they don't win the $10,000 but they probably get some kind of appearance fee for their time.

• Like 1

At the beginning when Melissa told Kyland she’s shit at puzzles was there any doubt the elim would be a puzzle?  Tori also sucks at puzzles and it made me laugh that the producers know this, and put one in anyways.

• Like 1

I agree that the team of three had the advantage, but producers can’t just wait until next week until numbers are even….no guarantee anyone is going home.  They could beat the champ and the; the numbers don’t change.  

• Like 1

The whole numbers thing is one of the things I dislike most about the challenge...3 v. 2/2/2/whatever is actually relatively innocuous compared to when a team has dwindled down to 4 or and they are still going against 8.  Not that I like it even in this case.  They could say the one person not drawn sits out, but is immune from the vote, but doesn't have a vote themselves....oh well.

I'm assuming the 2 women's arenas in a row were mostly dictated by Tori's travel schedule, but I do like to see the challengers shaken up in their assumptions.  

• Like 2

With all the ruckus with Melissa . . . why do I feel that the show is going to suck harder without her there?

Johnny is distraught at Moriah cheating on him with Budget Kevin Sorbo. Yeah, bullshit. His brand is casual cruelty, and he’s probably cheated dozens of times . . . and he’s upset that Moriah is hooking up with James? Please.

This season is a snooze. Too much padding and too few people worth rooting for. I’m hoping Asaf gets his ass kicked soon. I’m thinking of Emanuel as a poor man’s Turbo, and I don’t get why anyone would be attracted to him. Kyland seems nice, but he’ll probably be the next one out.

13 hours ago, mojoween said:

A team of three beat the teams of two!  Who could have seen that coming?  

There had to been a better way to have done that. I guess Big T winning against what’s-her-name threw things off-kilter.

• Like 4

Once again, nothing really groundbreaking to say about this episode. I do like Tori, so I was glad to see her, but not surprised she won. Would have been more exciting to see Melissa beat her. I can't wait until we get to the point where the Americans have to start picking themselves off. 

How is Nurys as a competitor? She has aligned herself well with Michele but I think that when the numbers get down she might get exposed. Especially since she was weak in that one water challenge where, correct me if I'm wrong, she was the only one who had to have someone come back and help her complete it. 

I also do not understand Emmanuel's appeal. At all. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

How is Nurys as a competitor?

Remember when she was partnered with Nelson in Ride or Dies? She was pretty decent then. Nelson suddenly started winning daily challenges when he was partnered with Nurys.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Remember when she was partnered with Nelson in Ride or Dies? She was pretty decent then. Nelson suddenly started winning daily challenges when he was partnered with Nurys.

Yes, it's ringing a bell, thanks. I used to be so good at retaining all my challenge facts.  

I doubt Johnny's 'heartbroken' like Tori suggested, but I can easily see him being angry that Moriah cheated on him, in spite of the fact that he has cheated on literally every woman he's ever been with lol.

This season sucks. I bailed on last season once it got boring so I don't know why I'm still watching this. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 12/14/2023 at 8:33 AM, mojoween said:

Ooh Devin must have spilled some tea after his matchup.  However, I refuse to believe that John is sitting at home crying into his corn flakes about Moriah.

Poetically ironic that the most compelling drama of the whole season is centered around a vet who isn't even there.