Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/13/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 13 – “The View” celebrates Whoopi’s birthday; Hannah Waddingham (“Home For Christmas”); performance from the legendary Gladys Knight; Whoopi’s Favorite Things

Tuesday, Nov. 14 – ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl (author, “Tired of Winning”); Ariana DeBose (“Wish”)

Wednesday, Nov. 15 – Ed Helms (“Family Switch”); Mark Harmon (co-author, “Ghosts of Honolulu”)

Thursday, Nov. 16 – Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris (“The Marvels”)

Friday, Nov. 17 – “The View” welcomes Secretary of Education Dr. Miguel Cardona to discuss the challenges facing education today, including teacher shortages, banned books, antisemitism and protests on college campuses, and post-COVID issues impacting classrooms across the country; Triumph the Insult Comic Dog aka Robert Smigel

• Thanks 1

I'd skip the tongue bathing of Whoopi on Mon except I love Hannah Waddingham and Gladys Knight.  The description for Fri is hilarious; such serious topics to discuss and oh, Triumph the Insult Dog.

• LOL 4

Let's see here, on Friday they will have HT's (maybe) and VYD (maybe), a million commercials for sure, and discuss ALL those subjects with the Dr?

Thank heavens for Triumph.

The show really needs more fun. I loved the dancing dog this week.

I would have like to have learned more about the (very expensive!) Thermo-Mix, but I barely heard a word the lady said because everyone was talking over her.

ETA:  I found a video on it if anyone's interested:

It looks like just as much work as the regular way of cooking.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Just out of curiosity I checked, Gladys Knight is 79. She still sounds great and looks beautiful. 

Agree! 

But...but...but...where were the Pips? The song was still amazing, but not the same without the Pips!

I loved that Whoopi knew all the lyrics and was having a ball while Gladys and the non-Pips were singing.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm really not trying to pick on Sunny but she keeps on saying the most random things.  Yes, you can get an infection in your foot...if you get a cut on it.  Just like you can get an infection from a cut anywhere on your body.  That's why, if you get a cut, you wash it and put a band aid on.  Just walking around barefoot will not lead to a foot infection, but that is why people tend to not walk around barefoot on surfaces that could cut their feet (ie, rocks, wood chips, a barn with rusty nails lying around...).  I mean, I'm assuming she walks around barefoot on the beach and if she cut her foot on a shell, she'd treat it.  Don't know why she'd need to consult her doctor husband about it.

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
7 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, I'm really not trying to pick on Sunny but she keeps on saying the most random things.  Yes, you can get an infection in your foot...if you get a cut on it.  Just like you can get an infection from a cut anywhere on your body.  That's why, if you get a cut, you wash it and put a band aid on.  Just walking around barefoot will not lead to a foot infection, but that is why people tend to not walk around barefoot on surfaces that could cut their feet (ie, rocks, wood chips, a barn with rusty nails lying around...).  I mean, I'm assuming she walks around barefoot on the beach and if she cut her foot on a shell, she'd treat it.  Don't know why she'd need to consult her doctor husband about it.

She probably just wanted to remind everyone that she’s married to a doctor.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
42 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Don't know why she'd need to consult her doctor husband about it.

She explained why. It was because she didn't believe what her father had said about being able to get an infection from walking around barefoot at all. Sunny is my least favourite on the panel so sticking up for her hurts but in this case I just have to.

On a side note Sarah looked stunning today.

59 minutes ago, Shrek said:

She explained why. It was because she didn't believe what her father had said about being able to get an infection from walking around barefoot at all. Sunny is my least favourite on the panel so sticking up for her hurts but in this case I just have to.

On a side note Sarah looked stunning today.

That's my point though.  Why didn't she believe him?  I get as a kid not believing him but as an adult?  It had never occurred to her that people can cut their foot and get an infection?  She'd never heard of gangrene?  She'd never seen a picture of someone with a foot infection?  It's common sense and common knowledge, so the fact that she had to ask a doctor about it (in her thirties, no less) is beyond me.  

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sure, I believe Whoopi works out at the gym… in her jeans. 🙄

Which is the bigger lie....this one or the one she told yesterday: that she wears that girdle with the Brazilian buttlift padding?! 😁

12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Joy gave Whoopi one of her coveted Lasagna,  Whoopi was very excited but said her family would probably eat it all. 

IMO, that was rude of Joy to show up with the lasagna on air. She should have given it to Whoopi in her dressing room. 

I wish Jonathan Karl would have had another segment.  By the way, so when an author has a book with "you know who" in the title, Whoopie still refuses to say the full title even though the author is there to promote-the-book.  Must be nice to do whatever you want, wear whatever you want, act bored when you want, lecture the viewers, etc. 

Fridays are so nice.  

• Like 7
22 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

That's my point though.  Why didn't she believe him?  I get as a kid not believing him but as an adult?  It had never occurred to her that people can cut their foot and get an infection?  She'd never heard of gangrene?  She'd never seen a picture of someone with a foot infection?  It's common sense and common knowledge, so the fact that she had to ask a doctor about it (in her thirties, no less) is beyond me.  

Growing up if wast the  dreaded rusty nail we were all terrified of. My mom was an RN and I knew about cross co contamination  by the time I was 8 but don’t recall the fear of going barefoot.   

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I told my kids about Mark's book so one of them could buy it as a Christmas present.  I think my husband would enjoy it.

If Mark is narrating the audio version, I am SOOOOOOOO getting the audible.

I loved how Mark did a Gibbs to Joy, or was it Sarah? with a "Ya Think?!"

Made me giggle like a teen.

Again, I say: WHAAAAT?????

• LOL 1

So I'm going to need to see pictures of Sarah's ex-boyfriends because she said when it came to men, she preferred dark to light but while her husband has dark hair and a somewhat olive complexion, in no world would I describe him as "dark".  So was she only referring to hair color or is her husband lighter than she usually went for?  

Edited by Snapdragon
10 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

What does everybody think that Ana said about Whoopi that was bleeped out at the end of the show?? Does Whoopi have that fragile an ego that she can’t hear what Ana said?

It wasn't about Whoopi. I think they said she was going to be on the podcast with Brian later and she said something along the lines of "I want to ask Brian why I cannot say ______ but Whoopi can!"

Kicker was Sara's response, "because you know what you're saying and Whoopi doesnt." Ha!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/16/2023 at 9:39 PM, athousandclowns said:

Shoot I missed most of the show due to bridge protest here. I  so wanted to see Joys pants that Ana messaged her about. Were they sweats with cargo pockets because that’s what they looked like when she stood up to pull them further up.  Funny 

When Joy walked out, I thought, "Uh-oh, her regular dresser must be off today."  Yikes, it was not a flattering look.  Made her look 25 lbs heavier than she is.  It did indeed resemble sweatpants, gathered at the ankles (like harem pants but it wasn't wide-legged like harem pants), but it didn't look like sweatpants-type cloth.  It was high-waisted, almost up to her bust.  It was hilarious when Joy read Ana's text because she was so spot on.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

wasn't about Whoopi. I think they said she was going to be on the podcast with Brian later and she said something along the lines of "I want to ask Brian why I cannot say ______ but Whoopi can!"

Kicker was Sara's response, "because you know what you're saying and Whoopi doesnt." Ha!

Thanks, Blissfool! I’m going to have to turn up my hearing aids or put back on the subtitles because I didn’t get that at all!😊👨🏻‍🦳

• Like 1
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Thanks, Blissfool! I’m going to have to turn up my hearing aids or put back on the subtitles because I didn’t get that at all!😊👨🏻‍🦳

I listened to the podcast and it was brought up within the 1st five minutes. Ana said that Whoopi said <bleeped out> on Thursday's show during the first segment, but when Ana tried to say it on Friday's show, she was not allowed. Brian admitted that Whoopi did say it, but it was corrected (bleeped out?) for the west coast show and on social media. 

I'm really curious on what the offensive word/phrase was, being that it got away from them on the original airing but was redacted for upcoming shows and from the podcast. 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

On 11/18/2023 at 5:43 AM, HerkyJerky said:

I’m going to have to turn up my hearing aids or put back on the subtitles

Subtitles/closed captioning never show us what was bleeped out.

Almost always if I did not hear or understood the word, neither did the captioner. 

10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I just re-watched the first segment from Thursday's show and the only questionable word from Whoopi, IMHO, was 'cojones'.  It does make sense why Anna was joking about it.

That sounds like a word Ana would want to say. I'm sure that's it!

And, because it's spanish, it also makes sense that Sara said Whoopi doesn't know what she's saying, but Ana does.

• Like 1