Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: A Celebration of Elton John

• Start Topic

You can’t get more iconic than having Billie Jean King sing Philadelphia Freedom. She can’t sing but I don’t care. Icon. 

Tiki has to be Sebastian Bach.  Even the voice distorter can’t disguise the way he talks. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, LadyNebula said:

You can’t get more iconic than having Billie Jean King sing Philadelphia Freedom. She can’t sing but I don’t care. Icon. 

Tiki has to be Sebastian Bach.  Even the voice distorter can’t disguise the way he talks. 

I thought Sebastian Bach too!! For the way he talks & stage presence, BUT the singing voice *had* me stumped, it didn't sound like really anyone, but the range is high enough for SB. But, I watched the clues package again & when he first starts talking he goes 'All right!' in his screamy kinda voice, AND there's a monkey, for Skid Row's 'Monkey Business'. Here's hoping he'll do a song that will showcase his infamous scream! lol

Also, I'm 99.9% sure Hawk is Bryan Adams.

• Useful 1

I've always thought David Lee Roth is more a DWTS type. He's still in excellent shape, and that would give him a chance to show off. Sebastian Bach will do any show he can get, so odds are good it's him. 

More like Billie Jean, please! Genuine legend, in a field other than entertainment, doing it just for fun, not to promote a show, book, movie, or album. I actually had no idea Philadelphia Freedom was written for her. How freakin' cool is that!

• Like 4

I was confused because I was expecting this week to crown the Group A winner.  I expected Smore to get eliminated first.  Then Cow and Gazelle would Battle Royale and someone would use the Ding Dong Bell to save the loser.  So I was surprised to see all new masks.

Robin's fake piano playing took me out of his opening performance... you can tell his hands didn't even move up and down the keyboard to hit the lower or higher notes.

Someone has to be feeding Ken answers, right?  He's gotten 3 out of 4 correct.  I think he must have complained about being the show's joke and requested that he be shown to make correct guesses this season.

It was so obvious that Billie Jean King was just cannon fodder, there's no way she even came close to the level of the others.

1 hour ago, borealis said:

Also, I'm 99.9% sure Hawk is Bryan Adams.

I am a lifelong Bryan Adams fan and I have long wanted him to be on this show.  Unless he is changing his voice, I would be surprised if Hawk were Bryan Adams.  Hawk doesn't have the same tone.  At some point he says in his speaking voice "here we go", didn't sound like Adams at all.  The singing didn't have enough of his signature rasp.

The clue package in the beginning about being an underdog does kind of fit his bio.  However, I don't think he has any kind of close connection to New York.  And he specifically said he collaborated with Miley Cyrus.  I don't believe Adams has sung with Miley Cyrus.  He did a song with Billy Ray Cyrus, but not Miley.  

I think the biggest issue is that I think this season was filmed in July and August.  Adams was on his "So Happy It Hurts" tour, don't think there would have been time for him to do this show, even if the shooting schedule is compacted.

Hawk is also too tall to be Adams.  I'm judging from where he held the microphone as being his mouth, and am assuming the eyes of the mask are where his eyes actually are.  He seems almost as tall as Nick Cannon.  Adams is a bit diminutive, he's about 5-7.

(If Hawk does turn out to be him, I will have major egg on my face!)

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 3

I don't think Hawk is Bryan Adams either.  I mean Adams has worked with several famous sings not named Cyrus.

I figured Hen was one and done but it was nice seeing Billie Jean King and hearing the story about how that song came to be.

Also, Robin Thicke needs to stay in his lane and leave Elton John songs alone.  All those runs he was doing were unnecessary and kept taking me out of the performance.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Robin's fake piano playing took me out of his opening performance... you can tell his hands didn't even move up and down the keyboard to hit the lower or higher notes.

He supposedly is a self-taught pianist and has played in performances before (not necessarily on this show).

• Like 2
4 hours ago, borealis said:

I thought Sebastian Bach too!! For the way he talks & stage presence, BUT the singing voice *had* me stumped, it didn't sound like really anyone, but the range is high enough for SB. But, I watched the clues package again & when he first starts talking he goes 'All right!' in his screamy kinda voice, AND there's a monkey, for Skid Row's 'Monkey Business'. Here's hoping he'll do a song that will showcase his infamous scream! lol 

I re-watched it again and agree the voice has me stumped too. The clues and the height of the Tiki character make sense. It would be cool if it's him. The last time an 80s rocker was on (that I recall) when Bret Michaels was on.

I disagree with Nicole saying the one character (don't recall which) could be David Lee Roth. No way is that his voice which is not that good to begin with. Although that would be also cool if he were on.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I am a lifelong Bryan Adams fan and I have long wanted him to be on this show.  Unless he is changing his voice, I would be surprised if Hawk were Bryan Adams.  Hawk doesn't have the same tone.  At some point he says in his speaking voice "here we go", didn't sound like Adams at all.  The singing didn't have enough of his signature rasp.

The clue package in the beginning about being an underdog does kind of fit his bio.  However, I don't think he has any kind of close connection to New York.  And he specifically said he collaborated with Miley Cyrus.  I don't believe Adams has sung with Miley Cyrus.  He did a song with Billy Ray Cyrus, but not Miley.  

I think the biggest issue is that I think this season was filmed in July and August.  Adams was on his "So Happy It Hurts" tour, don't think there would have been time for him to do this show, even if the shooting schedule is compacted.

Hawk is also too tall to be Adams.  I'm judging from where he held the microphone as being his mouth, and am assuming the eyes of the mask are where his eyes actually are.  He seems almost as tall as Nick Cannon.  Adams is a bit diminutive, he's about 5-7.

(If Hawk does turn out to be him, I will have major egg on my face!)

2 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I don't think Hawk is Bryan Adams either.  I mean Adams has worked with several famous sings not named Cyrus.

Admittedly, the first song Hawk sang, I didn't recognize the voice as anyone's,. When he did the sing off with Royal Hen, all the sudden it sounded like him, even the rasp, which I didn't hear in the first song. I played both of them back, same thing, first song, nothing, then 2nd song, sounded just like him (to me). And I meant to look up the Miley Cyrus stuff, but forgot! lol And the tour info makes sense. It will be fun to see who it really is!

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Someone has to be feeding Ken answers, right?  He's gotten 3 out of 4 correct.  I think he must have complained about being the show's joke and requested that he be shown to make correct guesses this season.

Robin sure didn't fake playing that piano well at all. I cringe when he sings, too. Just not a fan of his performances.

It is very obvious Ken is getting answers.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Katmai said:

It is very obvious Ken is getting answers.

I actually disagree. I think Ken was playing dumb most of the time for comedic effect and the ruse has been dropped for some reason. Of his correct guesses this season, the only one I might question is Diver. But Ken is a comic who probably recognized a fellow comic with Rubber Ducky, and Royal Hen?  Ken is the panelist who gets the athletes the most.  Personally, I’m glad he’s getting them right, whether it’s a fix or not. The man isn’t dumb, stop portraying him as such. 

• Like 7

I don't think Ken is being fed answers either. I also believe he was being forced to play dumb over the years. One of the main reasons is because I got two of the ones Ken got this season. And I'm generally no good without a clue or two. But I recognized Anthony Anderson's voice. And after the clue package I thought Billie Jean King as soon as she started singing. So not impossible for Ken.

I thought the Hawk sounded a bit like Rod Stewart, but Bryan Adams also sounds like Rod Stewart sometimes so it could be him.

Everything about Robin's performance felt "off". Was he lip syncing, or just really singing out of his range?

• Like 3
On 10/20/2023 at 11:59 AM, LadyNebula said:

I actually disagree. I think Ken was playing dumb most of the time for comedic effect and the ruse has been dropped for some reason. Of his correct guesses this season, the only one I might question is Diver. But Ken is a comic who probably recognized a fellow comic with Rubber Ducky, and Royal Hen?  Ken is the panelist who gets the athletes the most.  Personally, I’m glad he’s getting them right, whether it’s a fix or not. The man isn’t dumb, stop portraying him as such. 

Honestly, I figured he was just dropping the whole schtick and taking the guesses seriously this season, too.

The biggest clue? He hasn't once said "I know exactly who this is".

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 10/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, blackwing said:

I was confused because I was expecting this week to crown the Group A winner.  I expected Smore to get eliminated first.  Then Cow and Gazelle would Battle Royale and someone would use the Ding Dong Bell to save the loser.  So I was surprised to see all new masks.

I think they did away with the "Ding Dong Bell save" this season!  Which is a great thing!  I hated that save feature.   

On 10/31/2023 at 8:39 AM, rr2911 said:

I think they did away with the "Ding Dong Bell save" this season!  Which is a great thing!  I hated that save feature.   

I thought that they kept it but it can only be used once this season.

• Like 1