Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: We Are Gathered Here Today

• Start Topic

Nikki prepares for a trip to decide the fate of her relationship with Justin. Rob dances his way into Sophie's heart. Ashley's witchcraft and her pets seem to put a hex on Manuel. Jasmine reunites with Gino but realizes Michigan is her own personal hell.

First Look: 10/13/23

Full Episode: 10/15/23

• Like 1

Half of the half hour First Look was a repeat of Ashley holding her phone while driving, talking to her sister, crying hysterically and saying “Oh god, oh god, oh god, I’m having a panic attack. My makeup, my makeup, my makeup…” over and over. I missed it, why was her sister in another car? 

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe so she can ride back with her man alone?

If Nikki is going to Moldova to see if they get along well enough to apply for a K-1 visa shouldn’t this couple be on Before the 90 Days?  

The titles of the shows & what people are actually doing stopped making sense a long time ago. I think now they just draw couples out of a hat & put them on whichever series they're filming next. Love in paradise being the main point in case as everyone's idea of paradise is different & some of the so called paradise places look more like hell than anything else to me and show me where the "love" is with Danielle & Yohan. Those two need their own show called "love is transactional arrangement" and they're not alone.

Just my theory.

• Like 8

Shallow bus- in the scenes when Nikki is hanging with her Mom with minimal makeup on, she looks SO MUCH better than in her talking heads. Outside of her lip filler being too much and her cheeks being off she looks like a “regular person”.  It’s DRASTIC compared to her talking heads. 

While I’m sorry Nikki lost those two years with her Mom, I’m glad she and her mom did not lose 20yrs and her mom is there for her now. 

• Like 9

Rob the Knob....the airport dance and proposal were so cringe. He reminds me of Jibri and she is a lower rent version of Miona. No way these two make it down the aisle, or if they do, it won't last long. Both are way too young and immature. And I call bullshit on her being upper class British. If she was living in better digs than Rob it is only because her cam work or sugar daddy paid for it. She doesn't come from money and she doesn't have any class. 

Manuel can get his lazy ass back on a plane to Ecuador talking about how the dog and cat need to GTFO of the bedroom. I get it---my ex was Peruvian (yeah, yeah I know, Peru is not Ecuador) and his family (who were upper middle class) treated their pets like lawn ornaments. They were horrified at how we spoiled our dogs. He just doesn't seem that into her or even excited to be there. No idea where Puya is, but based on his Spanish, his skin tone and his occupation, this is not some cosmopolitan upper class guy. He is very working class (doesn't see the point of having hot water?WTF) and I think could take it or leave it in terms of a green card. His family probably convinced him to get on the plane and give this a go to get his green card and check it out. 

Jasmine and Gino....GDamnit Gino, I hate it when you make me take her side in anything, lol! That house was disgusting!!!! Besides being outdated and cluttered...just filthy. You couldn't make the bed at least? Buy some new sheets or dig out some that don't have "lotion" stains all over them? And he has the nerve to be upset that poor Coco took a wee on his filthy carpet? 

Nikki and Igor.....yikes. They clearly will get a LOT of attention when they are out, first of all because of the fucking camera crew following them around. then, Nikki looks like a blowup doll come to life. I wouldn't realize she is trans as much as I would think, damn, another LA woman who took the plastic surgery way, way too far. And if they were intimate and he didn't realize she was trans, either she had one HELL of a surgeon or he was very, very inexperienced when they got together. I think it is shitty she wasn't upfront with him about that BEFORE they had sex. 

• Like 11

Again with the weird timeline for Gino and Jasmine.  She had dinner with Dane on Valentines Day, just before leaving for the US.  While it doesn't look like February in Michigan, it certainly looks like late winter/early spring when they are driving home. 

But in the Before the 90 Days Tell All, she says she has only been in the US a few days and all intel (including what people are wearing outside) says the Tell All was filmed in the summer. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Rob the Knob....the airport dance and proposal were so cringe. He reminds me of Jibri and she is a lower rent version of Miona.

Rob's "fiance" needs to learn how to be gracious and kind. That energy was so negative that I couldn't see how Rob could put up with her. Yes, she's tired. OK. We are all tired after a long flight - but no excitement, just complaining non-stop. I felt bad for Rob and the disappointment he must have felt with this complainer.

3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Manuel can get his lazy ass back on a plane to Ecuador talking about how the dog and cat need to GTFO of the bedroom.

Agree with all of this, Stuckathome. He was another one that had no energy and is trying from the get-go to be the leader of the pack. "The man." Ain't gonna work. How could she (can't remember the names yet) ever entertain the thought of being with this dud? Then the way he was sitting slumped over on her couch, like a bag of rotten potatoes. I could easily visualize this guy hanging around the house all day doing nothing and expecting "his woman" to support him. So far, this guy has "loser" written all over him.

• Like 8
57 minutes ago, Breedom said:

How could she (can't remember the names yet) ever entertain the thought of being with this dud?

It's beyond my comprehension as well....he doesn't even seem to like being around her. I think I actually saw him roll his eyes a few times as they walked around the apartment. She seems very extra (the car scene) and I just can't imagine him entertaining that at all....so....what's the deal? Was he truly just her fuckboy? I don't even think he is remotely attractive, all I see is a beer gut and dead eyes. He is like a lower rent version of Luis (from Molly and Luis). At least Luis seemed vibrant and had some chemistry with Molly. This one, it's like production found a guy off the street and offered to pay him $$$ to play a role for this show. 

58 minutes ago, Breedom said:

We are all tired after a long flight - but no excitement, just complaining non-stop. I felt bad for Rob and the disappointment he must have felt with this complainer.

Very true. I don't know how Rob is financially able to even sponsor her visa if that is the only apartment he can afford. I was confused by their timeline as well, it seemed like by the time he was driving her home it was the middle of the night (based on the traffic and police activity). Yet dinner was sitting there waiting? For how many freakin hours, lol. Then again, we have heard from past couples that production makes them film and refilm sequences over and over. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

It's beyond my comprehension as well....he doesn't even seem to like being around her. I think I actually saw him roll his eyes a few times as they walked around the apartment. She seems very extra (the car scene) and I just can't imagine him entertaining that at all....so....what's the deal? Was he truly just her fuckboy? I don't even think he is remotely attractive, all I see is a beer gut and dead eyes. He is like a lower rent version of Luis (from Molly and Luis). At least Luis seemed vibrant and had some chemistry with Molly. This one, it's like production found a guy off the street and offered to pay him $$$ to play a role for this show. 

Very true. I don't know how Rob is financially able to even sponsor her visa if that is the only apartment he can afford. I was confused by their timeline as well, it seemed like by the time he was driving her home it was the middle of the night (based on the traffic and police activity). Yet dinner was sitting there waiting? For how many freakin hours, lol. Then again, we have heard from past couples that production makes them film and refilm sequences over and over. 

LA is prohibitively expensive though.  He's a trainer and model?  His income could be sporadic.  I think they seem to like each other well enough, and some of this is producer shenanigans.  Having said that, I'd be pretty grumpy after a 20 hour flight also..

• Like 3
3 hours ago, anoninrva said:

LA is prohibitively expensive though.  He's a trainer and model?  His income could be sporadic.  I think they seem to like each other well enough, and some of this is producer shenanigans.  Having said that, I'd be pretty grumpy after a 20 hour flight also..

Yes I think they like each other. I see a chemistry and a flirty nature between them that’s natural. She was jet lagged and grumpy, along with filming. I can believe she just wanted to go HOME and go to bed. 

I think his little proposal dance was funny. Rob seems like he would be fun to DATE as in a good energy and a fun time, marriage though? Perhaps once she’s able to work they can afford a better place to rent that allows pit bulls (I know some rental properties have rules against certain breeds). 

8 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Very true. I don't know how Rob is financially able to even sponsor her visa if that is the only apartment he can afford.

The guidelines to sponsor are very low- they’d only be a family of two, so what $20k a year to be 125% of  the poverty level? (That’s the requirement, 125% of the poverty level for family size) That buys you nothing in LA and not everywhere will rent to someone with a pitbull. I can see that place being good enough for him and he not thinking he needs to spend money on a nicer place any time soon even if he could afford it. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

At least Luis seemed vibrant and had some chemistry with Molly. This one, it's like production found a guy off the street and offered to pay him $$$ to play a role for this show. 

Yeah Manuel has a pissy attitude. They don’t seem happy to be together at all. Usually the foreign fiancé is at least happy to see their partner and be close to them, even if they don’t like or feel uncomfortable in the USA.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Breedom said:

Agree with all of this, Stuckathome. He was another one that had no energy and is trying from the get-go to be the leader of the pack. "The man." Ain't gonna work. How could she (can't remember the names yet) ever entertain the thought of being with this dud? Then the way he was sitting slumped over on her couch, like a bag of rotten potatoes. I could easily visualize this guy hanging around the house all day doing nothing and expecting "his woman" to support him. So far, this guy has "loser" written all over him.

I’m getting Luis vibes from Manuel 

• Like 5

Gino is nasty. Like Nasty as fuck. Who does that? These two. Like they are just filthy. 

Jasmine is in Angela territory. 

I like Sophia and Robb. That dance though. Haha lol Mark Madden much. 

Soohia is funny. You in a sketchy Neighborhood. That is nothing. See the difference in Rob and Gino. Jasmine was tearing his ass up. Sophia kept her comments to herself. 

Gino come on man. Clean up. You over here looking like a filthy scum man. You can’t be doing that. I literally watched like I might have to turn this show off. 

Jasmine no commentary from you. 

The grandpas highlight of the show. They was going crazy over Nikki. These dudes was like fuck chess. Lol. 

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The thing is like Molly she is insufferable so I will enjoy her learning her lesson.

I was think the same thing. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Production does produce a lot of the show. There was a white woman from Michigan I forget her name. She was going crazy over a guy named Harris Harris Harris. 

she said TLC set scenes up. 

I assure y’all. L.A. doesn’t look like a shit whole like that. Robb’s neighborhood. 

there’s Ladera Heights the black Beverly Hills View Park Windsor Hills Slauson Avenue. Where the black folks live. And it’s nice. Not Just the spots they show on the show Robb’s area where they show his neighborhood is not all like that. Where blank people are. Sophia mentioned the gang movies. 

so funny. 

I enjoyed that segment. Robb is trying so you gotta respect that. I root for him. No fascade. What you see is what you get. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Breedom said:

Rob's "fiance" needs to learn how to be gracious and kind. That energy was so negative that I couldn't see how Rob could put up with her. Yes, she's tired. OK. We are all tired after a long flight - but no excitement, just complaining non-stop. I felt bad for Rob and the disappointment he must have felt with this complainer.

Breedom spittin fire. !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Rob the Knob....the airport dance and proposal were so cringe. He reminds me of Jibri and she is a lower rent version of Miona. No way these two make it down the aisle, or if they do, it won't last long. Both are way too young and immature. And I call bullshit on her being upper class British. If she was living in better digs than Rob it is only because her cam work or sugar daddy paid for it. She doesn't come from money and she doesn't have any class. 

Manuel can get his lazy ass back on a plane to Ecuador talking about how the dog and cat need to GTFO of the bedroom. I get it---my ex was Peruvian (yeah, yeah I know, Peru is not Ecuador) and his family (who were upper middle class) treated their pets like lawn ornaments. They were horrified at how we spoiled our dogs. He just doesn't seem that into her or even excited to be there. No idea where Puya is, but based on his Spanish, his skin tone and his occupation, this is not some cosmopolitan upper class guy. He is very working class (doesn't see the point of having hot water?WTF) and I think could take it or leave it in terms of a green card. His family probably convinced him to get on the plane and give this a go to get his green card and check it out. 

Jasmine and Gino....GDamnit Gino, I hate it when you make me take her side in anything, lol! That house was disgusting!!!! Besides being outdated and cluttered...just filthy. You couldn't make the bed at least? Buy some new sheets or dig out some that don't have "lotion" stains all over them? And he has the nerve to be upset that poor Coco took a wee on his filthy carpet? 

Nikki and Igor.....yikes. They clearly will get a LOT of attention when they are out, first of all because of the fucking camera crew following them around. then, Nikki looks like a blowup doll come to life. I wouldn't realize she is trans as much as I would think, damn, another LA woman who took the plastic surgery way, way too far. And if they were intimate and he didn't realize she was trans, either she had one HELL of a surgeon or he was very, very inexperienced when they got together. I think it is shitty she wasn't upfront with him about that BEFORE they had sex. 

She’s not from L.A. Jersey. And you are getting on everybody. 

Thats fucked up he’s about to smash. Oh by the way I used to be a man. You gotta get that out the way right away. 

I don't remember everyone's names, so bear with me:

Rob from LA and Sophie from England: First of all, even I know an illegal apartment when I see it, but it seems no one is pushing that point. Also, I haven't walked across a courtyard (or any yard) to use the bathroom (and shower?) since eighth grade summer camp.  Nope, no can do.  Rob doesn't have the looks to be a big-time model; time to find something else.  Sophie might wear the fine clothes and think she's all that, but she's got bubblehead tendencies as well and was a total b-word at the airport.  

I don't see how either of them have the maturity to handle long-term problems, rather than just a fun date.

Nikki and Igor:  Nikki reminds me of Janice, the Muppet female member of Animal's band.  First, how do you just rename a grown man as if he's a pet?  Igor is a fine name and it's cultural, never mind he looks nothing like Justin Timberlake (or Bieber).  If I didn't pick up on Nikki being trans, neither will most Moldovans, I suspect.  In contrast to what's his name a couple of go-arounds before, and Cleo just finished, she looks like  a cartoon character.  And what  exactly has changed in 15 years (!) that makes her even consider this trip?

Gino and Jasmine: I too hate it when the unbearable Jasmine makes me agree with her.  It didn't look like Gino had cleaned his home in weeks, never mind for the arrival of his lady love.  It looked like Gino's manner and personality: blah, boring, and fusty.  What she sees in him I'll never know, and why he puts up with her, I also have no idea.  I cannot believe the attraction is sex.  

Jasmine never speaks of bringing her children to the U.S.  I also don't know how she can insist on the dog but seemingly leave her children down there.  I can't see Sheila (of David and Sheila) doing that without a plan in place to bring her son there.  

The Witch from Rochester and Manuel: Are you kidding me?  He too is not even sex god material.  He's not even as good looking as I initially found Luis.  And I'm here to tell you that no one comes between me and the furbabies.  I get that he has a different idea of how pets are treated, but I for one have to move the cats out of the way so I can get in the bed.  So that little dog wouldn't go anywhere but he can go straight back to Ecuador and find Evil-in.

Yikes.  I don't even think we're done meeting all the couples.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

And what  exactly has changed in 15 years (!) that makes her even consider this trip?

She is still single and feeling desperate. And he replies to her messages and wants his green card. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

She is still single and feeling desperate. And he replies to her messages and wants his green card. 

She explicitly said that in her opinion very few straight men will date a trans woman.  I don’t know if this is true but it’s her story.

• Useful 1

I like Jasmine's new bangs, but she no longer looks like herself. She was prettier before. I'm looking forward to next week when Gino discovers that she spent the $10K on her butt job rather than a wedding dress. BUT. Gino, can you get furiously angry for once? Please don't be a doormat one more time. She is walking all over you. This is like a theft, baby. Like Michael, Angela's guy, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. At best, give her a few dollars and tell her she can go to Ross and pick up something. Period. Jasmine is like a child; you don't reward bad behavior.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

Does Jasmine not realize that the $10k Gino sent that was meant to be for her wedding dress, could have been better spent to make some upgrades to the home, yet she uses it to get more botched work. 

Jasmine only cares about jasmine. Hope Gino is prepared to hear forever “I gave up my family, friends & home to be here” during jasmines temper tantrum every time she doesn’t get her way. 

• Like 8

I've been researching butt enhancement surgery (don't judge me, you're all on here too).  Jasmine would have to wear a compression garment for a month, and not sit for more than 10 minutes at a time for 6 weeks.  How long ago was this surgery?  Does that explain the diaper-like appearance? How did she make it through the flight? 

• Useful 6
7 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Jasmine only cares about jasmine.

If I wasn't told by production, I would have never known she even had kids. Her world revolves around her and what she wants. Her interest is looking like a Kardashian and using Gino's $$ to get it. The kids aren't a priority from what I see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, Breedom said:

I like Jasmine's new bangs, but she no longer looks like herself. She was prettier before. I'm looking forward to next week when Gino discovers that she spent the $10K on her butt job rather than a wedding dress. BUT. Gino, can you get furiously angry for once? Please don't be a doormat one more time. She is walking all over you. This is like a theft, baby. Like Michael, Angela's guy, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. At best, give her a few dollars and tell her she can go to Ross and pick up something. Period. Jasmine is like a child; you don't reward bad behavior.

At least the butt job will last longer than the marriage.  Using girl math, a wedding dress is a one off.  Never wearing that thing again.  She wears that butt every day!  

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

If I wasn't told by production, I would have never known she even had kids. Her world revolves around her and what she wants. Her interest is looking like a Kardashian and using Gino's $$ to get it. The kids aren't a priority from what I see.

She is Larissa 2.0.

Odd that Jasmine was so freaked out by a turd in the toilet when she thinks it’s sexy to pee on Gino.  Only a matter of time until it’s poop play.

• Sad 1
On 10/18/2023 at 3:21 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Does Jasmine not realize that the $10k Gino sent that was meant to be for her wedding dress, could have been better spent to make some upgrades to the home, yet she uses it to get more botched work. 

Jasmine only cares about jasmine. Hope Gino is prepared to hear forever “I gave up my family, friends & home to be here” during jasmines temper tantrum every time she doesn’t get her way. 

I hope the fucking Gino is getting is worth the fucking he's getting.

Edited by Gobi
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

I think it was more Gino was turned on by it and since she is so desperate to feel like he is turned on by her, she went with it. lol

He seems so vanilla though thinking frozen entrees are the height of cuisine.

• LOL 4
On 10/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, AR Traveler said:

I don't remember everyone's names, so bear with me:

Rob from LA and Sophie from England: First of all, even I know an illegal apartment when I see it, but it seems no one is pushing that point. Also, I haven't walked across a courtyard (or any yard) to use the bathroom (and shower?) since eighth grade summer camp.  Nope, no can do.  Rob doesn't have the looks to be a big-time model; time to find something else.  Sophie might wear the fine clothes and think she's all that, but she's got bubblehead tendencies as well and was a total b-word at the airport.  

I don't see how either of them have the maturity to handle long-term problems, rather than just a fun date.

Nikki and Igor:  Nikki reminds me of Janice, the Muppet female member of Animal's band.  First, how do you just rename a grown man as if he's a pet?  Igor is a fine name and it's cultural, never mind he looks nothing like Justin Timberlake (or Bieber).  If I didn't pick up on Nikki being trans, neither will most Moldovans, I suspect.  In contrast to what's his name a couple of go-arounds before, and Cleo just finished, she looks like  a cartoon character.  And what  exactly has changed in 15 years (!) that makes her even consider this trip?

Gino and Jasmine: I too hate it when the unbearable Jasmine makes me agree with her.  It didn't look like Gino had cleaned his home in weeks, never mind for the arrival of his lady love.  It looked like Gino's manner and personality: blah, boring, and fusty.  What she sees in him I'll never know, and why he puts up with her, I also have no idea.  I cannot believe the attraction is sex.  

Jasmine never speaks of bringing her children to the U.S.  I also don't know how she can insist on the dog but seemingly leave her children down there.  I can't see Sheila (of David and Sheila) doing that without a plan in place to bring her son there.  

The Witch from Rochester and Manuel: Are you kidding me?  He too is not even sex god material.  He's not even as good looking as I initially found Luis.  And I'm here to tell you that no one comes between me and the furbabies.  I get that he has a different idea of how pets are treated, but I for one have to move the cats out of the way so I can get in the bed.  So that little dog wouldn't go anywhere but he can go straight back to Ecuador and find Evil-in.

Yikes.  I don't even think we're done meeting all the couples.

You’re way smarter then that. You know why Jasmine is attracted to Gino and it has nothing to do with Sex. 

On 10/17/2023 at 8:36 PM, Breedom said:

I like Jasmine's new bangs, but she no longer looks like herself. She was prettier before

I actually love her new hair. The old long extentions looked dirty and never looked brushed. This natural hair and bangs makes her look less severe. Just my opinion but I adore it on her! 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I actually love her new hair. The old long extentions looked dirty and never looked brushed. This natural hair and bangs makes her look less severe. Just my opinion but I adore it on her! 

I think it’s cute too. Makes her look very refreshed. I think the bangs bring out her eyes which are very large and doe like. I know Jasmine has had a number of procedures but her natural face is pretty. 

• Like 3

If you're having a panic attack, pull. the. fuck. over! And who uses the description "witchy"? It's like she's trying too hard to be provocative. Is "Wiccan" too mundane? Although I guess to him, the semantics wouldn't matter. 

So far, I think Sophie is being an awfully good sport and I haven't seen any really spoiled behavior. I'm 60 but my mom and I always joked that when we're super tired we have the emotions of a four-year-old, albeit not directed at people but when it comes to the inability to just roll with it when some inanimate object is vexing us. I still remember my exhausted psych nurse mother breaking down in tears of gratitude when I did the simple task of washing her dishes! Even if I were still young, I'd be upset at not having a private bathroom. I'd at least put my makeup on with a portable mirror somewhere other than in that bathroom where there'd be no smells and better lighting.

I mean, I know Gino quit his job--idiot!--but since he obviously wasn't motivated to do it himself, I'm sure he could have afforded to get a one-time housecleaner.

Granted, I'm only two episodes in because I didn't know, for some reason, that there was a new season until I saw unfamiliar names over in the "Couples" thread so my first impressions may end up wildly varying. I'm impatiently waiting for the "mom in my closet" storyline, and am fairly certain I'll realize that when comparing the two studio-living situations, not having your own bathroom isn't *quite* so bad after all!

• Like 1