Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Two Many Cooks

• Start Topic

A deckhand steps up after a surprise incident; the crew is challenged by seasick guests, which leads to an impromptu excursion to Portofino; Natalya attempts to keep the interior team afloat before she meets her new chief stew for the first time.

Airdate: 10/02/2023

I agree with the chef about breakfast. I've never understood how anyone can roll out of bed and eat an enormous breakfast. I have to be up for several hours before I can even stomach the though of food. And I've never liked eggs.

Are pearl necklaces on guys a thing now? Luka has one and so did Luke on Down Under last season.

Jason might have recommended Luka as a deckhand but does that mean he's ready to be a bosun? Unless he's had other jobs in between Down Under and Med, this is only his second job as a deckhand. He started as an engineer.

I was really impressed with Lara jumping in and untangling the line from the propeller without any prompting or direction. 

I'm not convinced that Natalya is chief stew material. That EDM party should have been set up in advance, not during dinner service. It was way too chaotic with everyone running back and forth while that eleven course tasting meal was going on. Also, has she never heard "au jus" before? She acted like she didn't know what "jus" was.

You can see where this is going with Natalya, Luke, and her "boyfriend" who wants an open relationship.

Uh-oh. Tumi, coming in hot.

• Like 6

Unless Tumi has changed drastically, I am in her corner.  She was a great stew on BDDU and I was so excited to see that she was going to be chief on Med.  Based on what Natalya said on WWHL, there is probably going to be drama between Tumi and her.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Natalya is a hard worker, but I would hate for this "temp position" to cause problems among the stews.  

• Like 6

This seems like producer driven drama. Let someone act a chief stew for the first charter and get a taste of power and then bring in the the real chief stew and watch them fight. Ugh, I don't like this at all. And I do not want to hear about Natalya's open relationship. I guess this is one more Bravo show that I can scratch off the list. 

• Like 5

Seven seasons in and Sandy still can't remember to brush out the bedhead from the back of her hair...

Poor Luca, promoted because they couldn't find a suitable replacement. Sandy makes it all about her and how she's such an amazing boss who elevates everyone around her.  Now the beatings will commence.

That's about all I've got. Bored and really not looking forwarding to lazy ass Kyle's arrival.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

This seems like producer driven drama. Let someone act a chief stew for the first charter and get a taste of power and then bring in the the real chief stew and watch them fight.

Natalya isn't one to hold her tongue. She clashed with both Kyle and Natasha last season. Granted, she had good reason to - both Kyle and Natasha are train wrecks. But Natalya's got a mouth on her. She immediately got defensive when Tumi said the organization was a shit show. 

Tumi's another one that's not going to back down. I remember her giving as good as she got and holding her own. 

I'm a little suspicious that Tumi's first impression of Natalya is based on what Kyle said about her. Kyle is the last person on earth you should ever listen to, about anything. 

• Like 16

Natalya is not one of my favorites, but I felt so bad for her when she and Tumi got into it. You could see Natalya was so proud of what she accomplished during the first charter, and Tumi's comments seemed like a direct attack. I totally understood why Natalya was defensive, even if Tumi didn't mean it that way.

Tumi came in way too hot. A better approach would be for Tumi to tell Natalya it looks live you've done a fabulous job and now we're going to build on that.

• Like 21
12 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

UGH!!!! I REALLY REALLY don't like Tumi!! She's acting like a bitch right out of the gate!!

10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Unless Tumi has changed drastically, I am in her corner.  She was a great stew on BDDU and I was so excited to see that she was going to be chief on Med.  Based on what Natalya said on WWHL, there is probably going to be drama between Tumi and her.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Natalya is a hard worker, but I would hate for this "temp position" to cause problems among the stews.  

4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

This seems like producer driven drama. Let someone act a chief stew for the first charter and get a taste of power and then bring in the the real chief stew and watch them fight. Ugh, I don't like this at all. And I do not want to hear about Natalya's open relationship. I guess this is one more Bravo show that I can scratch off the list. 

Yeah I'm suspicious, both of these women were pretty low-drama in their previous seasons, at least about work.  Yes Natalya did get cross later because she had busted her butt all season only to see Tasha preoccupied with boyfriend drama all season and Kyle never working, just having laughs with the guests.

How convenient, they had them sit at the lounge facing each other to get into it.

Natalya seems like she'd at least see how Tumi managed before speaking up, not when they just met and Tumi expressed an opinion about setting up the cutlery and the glassware differently.

Come on, nobody is going to war over such trivialities.

Deck crew did well so far.  But they're all horny?  Haleigh flashes her tits, Luka and Lara are already hovering over Natalya, though they're going to play up the boy-girl drama aspect so Lara will set her sights elsewhere.

Jessika is also DTF apparently from previews.

So it's going to be the same formula, Luka already alluded to the hot tub parties where he will see Natalya's ass -- and in other contexts.

• Like 2

Tumi wasn't talking about the way Natalya had organized the boat - as she tried to say several times. She was talking about the way the boat was laid out - they way it was designed not where Natalya had put things. But N. wasn't even trying to listen and understand. But Tumi also could have rephrased what she was saying .

I'd rather have stew drama than sex drama.

• Like 8
15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Are pearl necklaces on guys a thing now? Luka has one and so did Luke on Down Under last season.

4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Short answer:  yes.  A few celebrities started the trend and it seems to be rubbing off on yachties, as well.  😉

Long answer:  https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/pearl-jewelry-for-men/

And, here I thought that Luca was trying to bring back puka shell necklaces!! 

I didn't realize they were pearls.  🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, here I thought that Luca was trying to bring back puka shell necklaces!! 

haven't watched yet, but the description of pearl necklaces on guys immediately brought that image to my mind!

• Like 1
On 10/4/2023 at 5:28 AM, dleighg said:

haven't watched yet, but the description of pearl necklaces on guys immediately brought that image to my mind!

Not to me, but I'm old enough to remember ZZTop.

• Like 2

I dunno what is wrong with me, but I did watch the first two episodes in a row and they were quite tolerable.
I even found Sandy ok (!!!!!).
The location is gorgeous and it was nice the guests went for a walk, even if the reason behind their shore excursion wasn't the best.
I did skip the "crew going out" segment" and the silly guests party.
I was surprised Tumi came a tad hot, but at this point I believe everything is production driven. The visas problem, the initial bosun issue, hell I am even sure a production diver went and tied that brick on the anchor the night before!

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Zaffy said:

I even found Sandy ok (!!!!!).

She still annoys the crap out of me. She is the most camera hungry captain out of all the BD shows.

That said, I did laugh when they brought up the anchor with the cinder block and Sandy said "I wonder if there's a body attached that."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

She still annoys the crap out of me. She is the most camera hungry captain out of all the BD shows.

Not sure if it is just vanity or the "motivational syndrome".
She talks to everyone like she is giving a motivational speech.
She just need to give life advises. She is a motivation truffle pig!
I bet if she has pets she also try to motivate them like..to poop better.
A friend calls her "the walking motivational poster".

• LOL 3

Tumi did seem to come in a bit hot. She said that Kyle had told her in quarantine about Natalya and what a problem she was or some such. So Kyle already started drama before he even got on the boat. I recall that was Kyle's best trait - stirring the pot from both side. I was surprised that he and Natalya seemed so chummy when he got on board. I also got the feeling that Tumi was trying to asset her dominance in taking over the Chief role to show Natalya who is in charge now. I may be misremembering, but Tumi seemed to be confrontational and unyielding on her prior season.

• Like 3
On 10/3/2023 at 11:24 AM, iMonrey said:

I'm a little suspicious that Tumi's first impression of Natalya is based on what Kyle said about her. Kyle is the last person on earth you should ever listen to, about anything. 

When I saw Tumi and Kyle were together while waiting on Visas I knew Kyle would start some drama.  He did not disappoint!  Kyle dropped that little nugget in Tumi's ear that made her leery of Natalya or felt like she had to show her dominance right a way.  Bad call.

Then Kyle shows up and Natalya jumps on him like an ill-fitting suit.  I did not think they were close at all after their season together.  But after that heartfelt reunion, Kyle was back with Tumi, talking trash about Natalya.  WTH?!

I hope someone asks Natalya on the After Shows what she thought about that when she saw Kyle talking shit about her behind her back.  

• Like 4