Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Finale Results

• Start Topic

An hour and half in and we finally have results!

Top Five:

• Lavender Darcangelo vs Ramadhani Brothers: Wow, I am actually surprised!
  • Chibi Unity vs Putri Ariani: This one doesn't surprise me.
  • Ahren Belisle vs Adrian Stoica & Hurricane: I didn't know who it would be with this one; though I think I would have picked Adrian and Hurricane. I like Ahren's material but the performance can be a little frustrating to watch.
  • 82nd Airborne Division vs Anna DeGuzman: Didn't have a preference here, either. Not surprised, though.
  • Murmuration vs Mzanzi Youth Choir vs Avantgardey: All the big groups (except one) up against each other...I knew it'd be Murmuration, though I was kinda hoping Avantgardey would go through, too.

Drumroll....🥁

• Fifth place: Ramadhani Brothers
  • Fourth place: Putri Ariani (that's a surprise! I was expecting Adrian or Anna)
  • Third place: Murmuration! What?!?!?!?! 

Why does Anna always look sad? She's in the top 2 and every time the camera focuses on her she looks like she's about to cry, or like she feels bad for whoever she's looking at for some reason.

• Second place: Anna DeGuzman
  • Winner: Adrian Stoica & Hurricane

Well, I'm rather shocked. Between the two, he's the one I would have picked (cute guy, cute dog, and I feel like her presentation still needs some polishing), so on that level, I'm happy. But I don't think either of them should have won the whole thing.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
3 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Love shocking endings.  I did feel bad for  Lavender and Punte . They didn’t even speak to lavender  and just walked her off the stage. 

They talked to Putri but didn't even give her the mic to respond.

Well, I would've lost that bet! 

I'm not a fan of dog acts, but apparently a lot of other people are! 

The results were the only surprising part of this otherwise very tedious season. I think I need a break. Sorry Mel B, I'm not watching America's Got The Voice! 

• Like 1

Shock city.  Ameriker got it wrong.

Another shock to me was just how genuinely funny the Ahren bit using Simon's voice was.  He seemed to be having an absolute blast doing it.  Good for him.  The Randy Jackson cameo was great.  Dog!  Hmmm....did he know something?  

Not a shock was how inventively Avantgardey was employed in their vignettes.  Very, very, well done by all concerned.

Interesting edit of Anna's Finale performance in the pre-show, show.  They took out the Howie licking envelopes remark, which was a cute moment Anna created and they pretty much eliminated Sofia's messing around at the end.  It's surprising to me that she was runner-up, but it was certainly deserved.

I've seen estimates that Sofia makes about $400K per episode (25 or so eps/season).  Must be nice to be able to take it or leave it as has been speculated.  Well, yeah, Howie was sooooo mean to her.  Ugh.

The dog act pretty much has to at least appear in the first fortnight or so of the Vegas performances.  I wonder if Anna will choose to be a part of it, and for how long.  Or, will she move to disassociate from AGT.  

Mostly, I hope Avantgardey becomes really well established in the USA.

• Like 3

Wow.  What a disappointment.  Somehow I feel people wanted to throw a wrench into this whole thing and screw it up for everyone else.  A dog act that should not have made it passed the audition stage.  But here they are, winning AGT.  That's what happens when you have the viewers voting.  They aren't voting who they think is the best, because it doesn't take but one brain cell to figure out that there were other more talented acts!  Murmuration and Avantgardey are better than the dog act.  Rumors of the show being rigged are always surfacing and I always brush them off.  Maybe there is some truth to them.

I don't know if I'm going to watch AGT: Fantasy League especially with MelB who I just can't seem to understand when she speaks.  I was so glad and happy when she left the show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I admit it, I’m a Hurricane fan. But I didn’t think the act had a chance. Murmuration, ok, yes, very cool to watch and a lot of choreography and practice went into pulling that off, but when you can incorporate the untrained audience into the performance, is it the same as Avant Gardi? Even they picked up on the hand motions. I told my husband that Lavender and Putri would be just fine. I’m sure the ink is drying on their record deals right now. And the South African choir already has an offer to perform with Cold Play.

No, it’s not just about who needs to win, but most everyone in the finals will be just fine thank you very much. The comic, the magician as long as they keep improving, they will get gigs, or a Netflix special. Hurricane made me laugh and made me cry and I would pay to see them perform live.  Congratulations!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Laurie14 said:

I think the singers snd dancers canceled each other out. I loved the dog act! He looked like he was having fun doing the act and never received a single treat.

I wonder how many treats a million bucks can buy her..!
(I know, they don't actually get that much in the end, or even all at once.)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tallykat said:

The comic, the magician as long as they keep improving, they will get gigs, or a Netflix special. Hurricane made me laugh and made me cry and I would pay to see them perform live.

I was rooting for either the comedian or Hurricane & Adrian, since I fast forwarded all of the other acts the past few episodes!  I'm tired of seeing magic acts, and some of the big group dance acts do nothing for me.  Most of the others were boring to me.  Yay for something different!  Who's a good dog?  You, Hurricane!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2023 at 5:03 AM, ams1001 said:

Between the two, he's the one I would have picked (cute guy, cute dog, and I feel like her presentation still needs some polishing), so on that level, I'm happy. But I don't think either of them should have won the whole thing.

I was unsure of winner. Yes, Hurricane is clearly one of the best dog acts, just by consistency alone, but we're rewarding a person for something his animal can do. AND (To play devil's advocate), is it fair for the "winner" to force an animal to perform in a designated Las Vegas act? Granted, the dog appears to enjoy this, but is it considered appropriate?

• Like 1

Although the final outcome depends on the dog, being a dog trainer is a talent and skill and the act itself in its entirety is what counts.

Congratulations to Adrian Stoica & Hurricane!  I think it's awesome that a dog show won the whole thing.