Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E01: We Can Do Hard Things LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I honestly don't see the point of these elaborate challenges right out of the gate. We don't even know any of these people. Who are we supposed to root for? Does anyone care at this point which team wins?

The show is convinced people watch this show just to watch these tedious, repetitive challenges.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I have to say I would be terrible lying about my profession, and every day I'd probably forget what I told everyone I did for a living.  And I don't really know that I would care if someone is a lawyer or doctor or police officer or whatever.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I have to say I would be terrible lying about my profession, and every day I'd probably forget what I told everyone I did for a living.  And I don't really know that I would care if someone is a lawyer or doctor or police officer or whatever.  

I mean, we already saw the cast reward Gabler, who's a doctor/works in the medical profession, so I don't think occupations REALLY matter on Survivor.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, susannot said:

Poor Brandon will so be the first boot unless his tribe designees win.

He's on the tribe with Emily though, and she's already shown she's not shy.  She might talk her way right out of the game if she's not careful (but I hope not, I like her so far).

3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Emily is talking WAY too much. I've always been a big believer that laying a little low, especially at the start of the game, is best. Of course that may just be my natural introversion coming through. 

Sad thing is, if a man was doing this, more than likely the tribe would be falling all over him.  Outspoken aggressive male=leader.  Outspoken aggressive female=gotta go.

Emily must have never watched this show before to think it won't be taken back to the two tribe members that did this that she thinks it was suspicious they volunteered.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

We're only 30 minutes in and already another challenge. And they haven't even introduced everyone yet. This is so poorly planned and edited. 

90 freaking minutes, people. And they're doing a crap job introducing people.

Sad thing is, if a man was doing this, more than likely the tribe would be falling all over him.  Outspoken aggressive male=leader.  Outspoken aggressive female=gotta go.

Emily must have never watched this show before to think it won't be taken back to the two tribe members that did this that she thinks it was suspicious they volunteered.

Yeah, that's my worry. I want to like Emily, but her going so hard off the bat is drawing attention that her, as a woman, cannot get away with.

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

I can’t with the Boston accent, I mean he is the embodiment of Southie.  Only accent that thick I can stand is CT, and that’s a different show.

We are up to four attorneys/lawyers.

Yeah!  Retired lawyer here.  Of the four, I can assure everyone that the ACLU lawyer/litigator has the most challenging and hardest job

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, I like Sabiyah. Mad respect to her killing the Sweat challenge.

Me too.  Still trying to figure out whose who, and the only one I'm actively rooting against is Drew.  But I like Sabiyah.

Okay, maybe I'm not liking Jake so much either.  

Okay, Emily is so going to get herself voted out.  The one thing I don't like about her is she thinks she's smarter than she is.  But this is coming back to bite her big time.  She needs to relax.  

Called it from that first exchange with Bruce. There is a difference between being opinionated versus confrontational. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh yeah, now I don't like Emily. There's a difference between outspoken and being so, so, so wrong. 

I'm still in her camp, and in her defense, in previous seasons sometimes contestants took an advantage for themselves over getting something for their tribe.  So I can't blame her for thinking that.  She just needs to remember to not say the quiet parts out loud.  If her tribe loses they will keep people they trust over anything she might bring.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1