Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup Season 6: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

Backseat driving drives me CRAZY. My mother does it, and I have threatened to put her out of the car. 

My mother did it to me.  She also pretended to have severe anxiety about being a passenger.  I told her she was lying and to stop or she could take public transit home.  She actually said to me, "Oh, that's right. You don't fall for that."  The ride home was very quiet.  😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My mother did it to me.  She also pretended to have severe anxiety about being a passenger.  I told her she was lying and to stop or she could take public transit home.  She actually said to me, "Oh, that's right. You don't fall for that."  The ride home was very quiet.  😁

My mom can no longer drive, so I get why she does it. It’s still rude as fuck though, and I argue with her about it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
Just now, Floatingbison said:

I can understand that.... having practiced in juvenile court for many many years.... a kid's friends can make or break him.

This. Lots of research in this. In teenage years, their friends become their “family.” 

• Like 5
Just now, SemiCharmedLife said:

Reneka is afraid she is going to act a fool.  

First, why stop now?  

Second, you better, girl!  He deserves everything you got!

Right? That ship has sailed. Raneka, bless her hopeful heart, is pathetic. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I can understand that.... having practiced in juvenile court for many many years.... a kid's friends can make or break him.

I remember when I was a kid that, whenever someone got in trouble, their mother would try to blame it on the kids they hung around.  But at some point, their kid chose those friends.  I understand when people are in rough neighborhoods with extreme peer pressure and a sense of very limited options.  It can feel like a copout - my kid is good; your kid got him into trouble. 

• Like 7

Wow, I thought for sure Andy's son would sound disappointed when his dad told him the circus was continuing and they were going to hit the road.  He sounded happy for his dad 😥  That kid has more kindness in his little finger than Andy does in his entire body.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is it time to ask if Raneka’s daughters are now enjoying their brighter futures?

Paradise on earth, palmed off on Raneka's friend, and every now and then their mother remembers their existence and calls them on the phone and nags them to do their homerwork. Pure bliss. Bet they're loving every second. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5