Type keyword(s) to search

House Of Villains - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/3/2023 at 8:15 AM, luckyroll3 said:

New York is the villain we need and deserve! That grenade she threw at Omarosa during the vote was EVERYTHING. She's easily the most entertaining person on the show. I don't know that I can watch the rest of it without her. 

Yep that's what I was here for!!!  The only person I'm left knowing after Jax and New York is Fairplay so I guess I'm rooting for him!  (That POS Omarosa doesn't count.  But I also enjoyed her having to dance like a goof just like everyone else! Suddenly she wasn't too good for something)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Fairplay explains on his podcast what tipped him off that they were doing a redemption challenge. It started with Anfisa asking Shake to make her a smoothie.

According to all the other interviews and podcasts that I've watched and heard, Anfisa doesn't really interact with the rest of the cast all that much. She stays in her room most of the time.

According to Fairplay, Anfisa rarely talks to Shake and wouldn't want this man touching her food so that was the first red flag.

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, AntFTW said:

According to all the other interviews and podcasts that I've watched and heard, Anfisa doesn't really interact with the rest of the cast all that much. She stays in her room most of the time.

This is exactly why they should have gotten rid of her. She's gonna go back to her free vacation and we get no more New York ridiculousness.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Probably one of the ONLY things I'm ever going to agree with Omarosa about is the "weaponized motherhood" thing.  "Oh I have kids."  Yeah, so what?  So do I.  So does he.  This person is trying to help their parents.  Everybody's got SOMETHING they are fighting for.  Your thing is no more special than my thing.  I hate when people use that "kids card."  

The other thing that cracks me up is when someone (Corrine this time) says "xxx is only fighting or working or trying for themselves."  WELL DUH!!! They are trying to win.  As well they should!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What was Corrine wearing on her butt??  Was she bare butt or skin colored tights?

Umm... I noticed. It looked... odd.

Separate from that, episode 6 was great! Tanisha shined in this episode, and it further reaffirms my thoughts of "what the fuck is Anfisa doing here?"

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Umm... I noticed. It looked... odd.

Separate from that, episode 6 was great! Tanisha shined in this episode, and it further reaffirms my thoughts of "what the fuck is Anfisa doing here?"

Anfisa is definitely a “floater,” so she won’t be long for this world. Right now she’s willing to listen to everything Omorosa says and otherwise keeps to herself, so I think she’ll make it longer than Shake or Tanisha.

Omorosa has a number of devotees, and Tanisha was one of them until Omorosa decided to turn on her first. Are they just going by whomever has the loudest mouth is the biggest wildcard? She did the same with New York—friends until they weren’t. And then Tanisha emerged as the latest loudmouth. Granted, both were mainly amped up after being put up for elimination, which is fair. I assume the producers tell them you’re at risk, so now you need to show everyone why you’re a villain and deserve to be here. I liked that Tanisha (or the producers) pulled out all of the stops with the choir to show what made her infamous. Though, it kind of illustrated that she’s a one-trick pony—especially after that whole brunch rant that she’s more popular or has done more than Omorosa. Oh, no, honey. 

That challenge!! OMG. I would’ve forfeited just like Corrine and Tanisha. I thought it was funny that Shake didn’t even take the gloves, which were the apparent compromise by production to get the ladies in there. And to think, they came home all excited to see there was “a nightclub” in their backyard. Talking about popping bottles. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I have to say that I'm enjoying the hell out of this show. It is perfectly campy, perfectly trashy, perfectly unpredictable and perfectly comedic.

Yeah I don't know what Bobby's strategy is here putting himself up... To be determined I guess? Or maybe not haha!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I say this every week, but I think this is probably the best reality show ever. It’s the people who make it. They will never recapture the magic of this show with another cast. We start off with Omorosa calling her lawyers, getting a cast for a phantom tambourine hit, and then somehow forgetting to care about this restraining order she went to all of this trouble to get against Tanisha. Then Fairplay finally having his top villain dreams come true, only to be thwarted by a twist—and then crying over it. To Fairplay proving he’s not top villain by giving the power to “the other side.” Guess he forgot the Outwit, Outplay, Outlast tagline of his own show. And just everyone’s reactions about the whole thing. And just when you think you’ve seen it all, Bobby, in his full dramatic regalia puts himself up for elimination! I think it was actually a great power move for him. Until this point he’s been “a floater” but everyone else left (besides Shake and Bananas) seem to like him. So he’s proving his loyalty to all of the rest of them by not putting them up. Everyone else left to vote is either anti-Shake or anti-Bananas, so he feels confidently safe. Now he’s just given himself some “villain cred” by pulling one of the more noteworthy twists in reality TV. This is the kind of thing Joel McHale would have reported about back in his The Soup days.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

This is the kind of thing Joel McHale would have reported about back in his The Soup days.

It sure is! I feel like Joel is having the time of his life with his front row seat to this shit show. Comedy gold!

• Like 8

This is a great show. Never expected it to be more than a bit of fluff.  

Hopefully they will find something else for this group. 

Actually I think this show showed promise and they have made it much longer than originally intended!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Omarosa is such a ridiculous person.  I don't understand why they don't all stand up and say "enough" and get rid of her.  She's not THAT fascinating.  I thought for sure when she started bragging about being the only person to go on every luxury reward that she was about to get slapped down, but no.  Ugh.

• Like 7
On 12/1/2023 at 6:22 PM, DeeReynolds said:

It sure is! I feel like Joel is having the time of his life with his front row seat to this shit show. Comedy gold!

Joel: "Don't trip over your....web." 😂😂😂

Between Bobby's fabulous villain outfit, Fairplay bawling like a 3 year old who got his stuffy taken away, Johnny acting like he hasn't gone back on his word this season plus his awful drag, Shac being surprised that someone voted for him again, and the producers/editors contradicting every lie Omarosa told about her tambourine attack, this episode was gold!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Bobby is hilarious!

"Post-production, make it sound like I'm on the mic."... and they did it! 😂

Bobby nominates himself for elimination, and ultimate gets eliminated. It was fun to have him while it lasted.

• Like 2

Imagine being on a show where you're trying to win...something.  I don't know, and you have the power to send someone to elimination and you send YOURSELF for some reason and then you lose, and get eliminated and are mad at EVERYONE ELSE for that happening.  lol   Not even just lose, but lose and start threatening everyone and then get mad when they vote for you.  Brilliant plan.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Marcellas on Big Brother did that waaay back when - had a veto to secure his own safety but opted not to use it because he was SO certain he was safe. You young'uns can guess how that worked out for him.

It seems like the obvious response to "google me" is "if people have to google you to know who you are, why bother?" 

I don't know who Bobby is or what he does, but his "You LAUGHED AT THE WRONG JOKES!" is a great reality show line - Mr. Arch Villain suddenly transformed into a four year old angry that grownups are ruining something he worked hard on.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, kassa said:

Marcellas on Big Brother did that waaay back when - had a veto to secure his own safety but opted not to use it because he was SO certain he was safe. You young'uns can guess how that worked out for him.

It seems like the obvious response to "google me" is "if people have to google you to know who you are, why bother?" 

I don't know who Bobby is or what he does, but his "You LAUGHED AT THE WRONG JOKES!" is a great reality show line - Mr. Arch Villain suddenly transformed into a four year old angry that grownups are ruining something he worked hard on.

Bobby’s temper tantrum over the caption voting didn’t even make any sense. The captions were anonymous, so it wasn’t like they purposefully didn’t vote for him. But he really lost it! When that culminated with him calling Bananas Margaret whatever name. And Bananas and Fairplay were laughing who’s Margaret whatever? And Bobby slams the door and mutters he doesn’t even know who Margaret is. My man was so irrationally angry that he’s just making up names for insults. He had an out-of-body experience in front of Ha Ha’s Comedy Club. 

• Like 1

I do not know who Bobby is but wasw happy enough to see the end of him.  I also do not know who this Bananas person is but I was getting on board with him.  I will take it back if he doesn't help to get rid of nasty Omarosa.  My Christmas present was to watch her fat ass fly backwards through the wall!!!😂

• Like 3
17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Bobby’s temper tantrum over the caption voting didn’t even make any sense. The captions were anonymous, so it wasn’t like they purposefully didn’t vote for him. But he really lost it! 

I think he was raised/came to believe he was the center of the universe, the funniest person in the room, an outrageous character whose brilliance is unmistakable to all.  And not only did somebody he not respect BEAT him, the OTHER guy he didn't respect TIED him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

FairPlay was doing a variation of “oh my dead grandma” and Omarosa calling her lawyer after claiming the on set doctor told her not to compete, while the medic told the cameras he did no such thing.  lolol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Regarding episode 9, it is hilariously stupid! 😂

Johnny and Anfisa on the swan in the pool; Omarosa’s so over-the-top about her “wrist injury”, she’s really milking it 😂, and then she doesn’t want to be flipped back in the chair 😂

Tanisha to Omarosa: You’re Fired! Again! 😂

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Honestly, if it weren't for the producers/editors/PTB showing the audience the straight up lies of highlighting when the contestants said something dumb, I would've quit this show first episode.  None of these people are all that interesting to me to watch.  They are either extremely boring (Anfisa & Johnny Bananas) or over the top crazy (Omarosa & Bobby).  

The only contestants I even knew coming into this were Omarosa (I've hated her with the fire of 7 suns since her first showing on The Apprentice), Johnny Fairplay and Shake. 

Johnny Fairplay has ALWAYS over-hyped his importance and villainy to himself and everyone around. There is nothing he has ever done that's proved he's a great strategist, and that include his crying on this show.  I think all the crying is real.  Which, is fine.  I'm not saying anyone can't cry if they want to.  Emotions are not bad.  I just feel it's revisionist history for him to try to say it's strategy.  

Omarosa is ridiculous.  I think she believes all of her own lies.  For her to call her lawyer all the time... I just have no words.  Then to lie about the medics making decisions for her to participate or not.  I just can't with her anymore. She's not even entertaining to me. 

I only decided to watch this show because I like Joel McHale, even though he has been hosting tons of bad shows lately. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I wonder whether Bananas was playing up Fairplay going home for dramatic effect of, well, turnaround is fairplay. Because it really makes no sense for him to blow up his alliance yet. I really do think there’s a strong bromance coming from Fairplay and he would be ride or die till the end for Bananas. It made no sense to even out the numbers by giving Omorosa and Anfisa a chance to keep their alliance going. I get the point that Omorosa has lost her edge since the “tambourine hit,” but she was a force to be reckoned with up until that point. And if there are any challenges that require intelligence, she’s going to win. Fairplay is not winning any challenges. The one he almost won was because he made such a big deal about it, everyone felt bad for him. But I’m glad Fairplay made it through. Omorosa suddenly coming down with a “cough” that was on the verge of a collapsed lung if they put a harness on her. Okay. I love that the medic and the whole production staff put her on the spot in front of everyone: What do you want to do, Omorosa?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I still don't understand why Anfisa is on this show.

Because when you have 1 dull thing, everything else seems brighter.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:58 PM, CuriousParker said:

Production and editing are the MVPs of this show.  They're the ones making it fun.

You are correct - but I realized tonight why I hate Omarosa so much (aside from the obvious) is that there is literally NO fun about her at all.  Condescending, playing the race card, the injured card, calling her lawyer, smug in victory and a pathetic liar and faker in defeat.  I don't know most of these people, but Tanisha's pot banging is funny, Fairplay on Survivor giggling about his not-dead grandma, New York's ridiculous antics in pursuit of a silly little man wearing a giant clock, Jax's telling whomever on this show that he'd gladly go to jail again to kick his ass, even the guys farting on each other - they all give something to chuckle or roll your eyes over.  But never Omarosa - she's just hateful and smug and condescending 100%.  And that Bananas person was wrong - she was in the game the whole time - she just plays differently than others.  As evidenced by her fake cough the minute she suspected she was going.  Hate her

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Agreed that the overall silliness of this show, on both sides, is what makes it work. I've never been a fan of Bobby because he does all these shenanigans in real life, but on a game show full of villains, it fits. 

Anfisa brings absolutely nothing except her amazing bod. Ima need her to start dropping some fitness tips while she's juicing or staring off into the distance or whatever boring ass stuff she's doing. Her getting Shake's ball into the house was the most animated we've ever seen her!

• Like 6

I love the Tanisha upset! I think Johnny deserved to win because he played the game more than the two, but Johnny losing is more entertaining even though I like him.

Anfisa can't even make being the tiebreaker exciting.

Before voting, what I thought Anfisa should have done as a tiebreaker was walk up to that chair, sat down with some dramatic flair, and then cast her vote.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

The voting definitely came down to those who understood the assignment and voted for the top “villain” as opposed to top “friend.” Tanisha was smart the way she gave everyone a personal shout-out as to what they meant to her, and I think that helped sway some votes her way. But Omorosa was the only one who voted for her as the ultimate villain because she was her nemesis.  Likewise, I agree with Fairplay’s  assessment of Bananas being the strongest game-player. Tanisha and Anfisa floated in to the end on others’ coattails. If it wasn’t obvious enough, I think Bananas should have won. Regardless, it was a great show. I’m really going to miss it.

• Like 10
39 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

But Omorosa was the only one who voted for her as the ultimate villain because she was her nemesis.

I could be wrong but I also feel like Tanisha being a mother weighed on Omarosa at least a little bit. It may have been 1% of the weight in her decision, but I think it played some part in it.

I spent the whole time thinking Omarosa would have voted for Anfisa, and I still think that Omarosa was going to vote for Anfisa for a time, but I think what made Omarosa switch is that Anfisa wasn't trying. When Johnny won the last challenge, she wasn't trying to save herself, even though Omarosa was really pushing her to say something to save herself. Tanisha tried harder than Anfisa. Omarosa rewarded that with her vote.

Separately, once I saw that eating challenge, I knew Johnny had that in the bag. I know a couple of others that comment on this thread watch The Challenge like I do. The eating challenges on The Challenge are worse. Johnny, having done countless amounts of eating challenges on The Challenge, had the edge. The guy has done eating challenges for, at least, the last 15 years. At this point, there isn't a challenge you can throw at Johnny Bananas that isn't similar to something he's done on The Challenge.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Fairplay says he's the greatest Survivor villain, but I actually think that honor belongs to Russell Hantz.

ETA: Think about it. If Russell Hantz and Fairplay were a Final 2 in Survivor, instead of the usual Final 3, which one would you root for to lose more?

Fairplay said on his podcast that people tuned into Survivor for the Final Tribal Council just watch him lose. I'd tuned in a third time to watch Russell Hantz lose. Even though I thought Russell Hantz deserved the win because he played the game harder than anyone else, Russell Hantz losing at the Final Tribal Council twice in a row was great poetic justice. I don't think I've ever rooted for a MFer to lose as bad as I wanted Russell Hantz to lose.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just watched the finale and I was so disappointed Tanisha won. For me she was just as boring and useless as Anfisa. And she was in no way a villain-like player. I feel bad for Johnny Bananas, I think he should've won.

I laughed way too hard when Johnny said Jonny wouldn't dare put his thumb in his butt and then when Jonny approached him, Johnny farted. That was so unexpected and juvenile, and I'm not even ashamed to say I laughed. 

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I’m with Joel re taking the same cast and keeping the competition going. As much as I loved this show, they’re just not going to recapture the magic with a different cast. 

Some of them might not return, so maybe they can add some more people. If they can accomplish that and keep the cast largely the same, that could be a good formula.

• Like 2

I thought the show was great!  I think they could capture the fun with a new cast. Perhaps since advertisers will be easy to come by they can up the prize and get a better pick for new cast members!

• Like 2
(edited)

I thought Cirie was on Villains 2. And maybe a BB guy. Do we know the cast yet?

Anyway, great show. I hate Bananas on the Challenge. Him and Tori were on most of the ones I've watched (just started watching the past year or so). Was tired of seeing those 2 and how the rest of the dumb cast would keep them all the time and those 2 would always make finals. Ugh. But Villains really showed how good Bananas is at strategy, manipulation and all that stuff. I think him and Omarosa and Bobby were the most cunning with maybe Fairplay as 4th. Fairplay really disappointed much like the 2nd time on Survivor when he quit. He was a great watch on his "grandma died" season. Great hate watch and true villain. But he really was a one hit wonder. 

Was also neat to see Chef Ben. I watch Below Deck and he was a true crazy chef. He isn't on it anymore but loved to watch him and chief stew, Kate. She'd be good on villains. I always think some of the Below Deckies could do these other shows. Like the Challenge or BB or Amazing Race or Survivor.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 1
On 2/9/2024 at 8:15 AM, Lamima said:

I thought Cirie was on Villains 2. And maybe a BB guy. Do we know the cast yet?

Anyway, great show. I hate Bananas on the Challenge. Him and Tori were on most of the ones I've watched (just started watching the past year or so). Was tired of seeing those 2 and how the rest of the dumb cast would keep them all the time and those 2 would always make finals. Ugh. But Villains really showed how good Bananas is at strategy, manipulation and all that stuff. I think him and Omarosa and Bobby were the most cunning with maybe Fairplay as 4th. Fairplay really disappointed much like the 2nd time on Survivor when he quit. He was a great watch on his "grandma died" season. Great hate watch and true villain. But he really was a one hit wonder. 

Was also neat to see Chef Ben. I watch Below Deck and he was a true crazy chef. He isn't on it anymore but loved to watch him and chief stew, Kate. She'd be good on villains. I always think some of the Below Deckies could do these other shows. Like the Challenge or BB or Amazing Race or Survivor.

Kate is on Traitors.  She would definitely be a good villian. It was great to see Chef Ben!

This show was hilarious and so fun to watch.  This group was crazy yet funny.  Except Omarosa who just seems mean spirited all the time. I hope she is embarrassed with her fake injury since well know she wasnt really hit with the tamobourine!  Talk about over the top.  I look forward to S2! 

• Like 1