Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Last Chance At Romance

• Start Topic

I love reading all of your posts!

I really dislike Vaughn - probably because I could never be with a guy like him. He just really grates. I will be surprised if they stay together. He just really bothered me when he made it seem like he was a saint for picking Monet up at the doctors. Isn't that what husbands do? It didn't seem like a big romantic gesture to me.

• Love 5

I have a question for everyone. If Jason decides on divorce but wants to date so they can take slow, do you think Cortney should go along with this and date Jason?

If I were Courtney, I would not settle for that.  She deserves better (if that is his final decision).

Maybe it's a maturity thing or maybe it's the way their marriage happened, but I think Jason needs to start thinking of Courtney as a part of his life.  Not just someone who he is doing a show with.  If he can commit to this marriage, I see sunshine and rainbows for both of them.  They just seem to fit.  Love those crazy kids and am rooting for them to make it!! :)

• Love 2

Hmmmm, not to dismiss your right to opinion... but it's not okay to humiliate someone the way Jaime has with Doug. She says things outright that a more caring person would choose not to reveal. 

I agree -- 100%.  However, at the very least, we are seeing Jamie's authentic self.  Her reaction to everything has been nothing if not authentic.  If she was "acting" with Doug, I would expect something more over-the-top from her.  She really doesn't strike me as the actress type.... mainly because she is very reserved and cautious with her vulnerability.  Good actors are able to tap into vulnerability.

When you think of it, we are really only getting a very small glimpse inside the lives of these couples.  Doug mentioned in one of his TH sessions that he and Jamie spoon a lot, talk a lot and also mentioned that they see one another at least 3 times a week.  I think the producers are showing more of the controversy between the couples to spice it up a bit and keep us guessing.

One of the things that I love about this show is that it doesn't seem scripted AT ALL.  All 3 couples have come across so authentic.  Whether their motivations for doing the show were "for the right reasons", who knows?  But I think we are seeing them at their best and at their worst as married couples.

Guess the one I like least is Jamie and  hope Doug bails.  She sure isn't ready for marriage.  I never liked needy people.  It's always all about her.  Doug seems to be a nice guy and could do much better.  Why marry someone who has so many psychological problems who can flip out over tiny things?

• Love 2

Guess the one I like least is Jamie and  hope Doug bails.  She sure isn't ready for marriage.  I never liked needy people.  It's always all about her.  Doug seems to be a nice guy and could do much better.  Why marry someone who has so many psychological problems who can flip out over tiny things?

Because Doug thinks she's hot.

• Love 5

I happen to think Doug is HOT. Especially when he has a day old beard. Whew! And Jamie is a sweetheart. She interacts with her fans on instagram and twitter. (including me!) I will be dumbfounded if they do not stay together based on her accounts more than the shows due to the editing monkeys. She looks besotted and more than happy.

I really dislike Vaughn - probably because I could never be with a guy like him. He just really grates. I will be surprised if they stay together. He just really bothered me when he made it seem like he was a saint for picking Monet up at the doctors. Isn't that what husbands do? It didn't seem like a big romantic gesture to me.

That's what I thought, too!  He seemed to be looking for some kind of validation for picking her up from surgery.

• Love 1

Vaughn wants a goddamn medal for every single thing he does for Monet!  That kind of dude would drive me crazy...he seems like he's constantly accounting for all the husband points he racks up, and keeping score with all the wifely things she does (or rather, doesn't do, apparently) for him. 

I would have liked to see the social experiment last a bit longer before they had to make their decision -- 90 days, maybe? 

• Love 6

Vaughn wants a goddamn medal for every single thing he does for Monet!  That kind of dude would drive me crazy...he seems like he's constantly accounting for all the husband points he racks up, and keeping score with all the wifely things she does (or rather, doesn't do, apparently) for him. 

Oh yes. And just like other men who keep track of "points earned", he expects to trade them in for blow-jobs.

• Love 7

That seemed like a compliment to me, although the "great guy" thing is a stretch imo. He seems like the type to have a good work ethic and lots of discipline so I can see why she'd say he has a bright future.

It seemed like a compliment to me, too. I certainly wouldn't take offense if someone told me I had a bright future ahead.

As for Courtney wanting a marriage or a divorce, nothing in between...I think that's fair.

• Love 2

I'm thinking about Monet's "you're not a man" comment in combination with the "you have a bright future" comment, and that leads me to think she doesn't believe he's quite "there" yet, like she supposedly is.  

I would have liked to see the social experiment last a bit longer before they had to make their decision -- 90 days, maybe? 

Agreed on both points. He probably has a little notebook that he likes to pull out to tally what he's done vs. what his SO has done.

I wondered why this show didn't have longer marriages for participants, but I guess that would be asking too much. It doesn't take long to determine if you are compatible with someone, and 90 days would have been torture for most people if they had absolutely no desire to stay married to their mate.

• Love 1

I concur. I think the only reason Doug acts the way he does with Jamie is because she is supposedly out of his league. If she was less attractive, maybe a little chubby and couldn't be his showpiece... I highly doubt that he would be laying it on so thick. 

I think Jamie's a great catch. She is attractive, has a good figure, a good job, is articulate, great personality, etc. Yes she has issues but who doesn't? With some self-awareness and personal growth... I think she has a lot to offer. If it doesn't work out with Doug... she will have absolutely no problems meeting someone else. 

Doug just does not seem established and mature enough for her. Still trying to get his career off the ground, living with his parents. She comes across like the adult in their relationship. He needs a few years to get himself together.

Monet and Vaughn: I'm confused I always thought a traditional marriage was one where the man paid the bills and the women took care of house and home for the most part. Nothing wrong with Vaughn wanting that... Monet is just not the one. Monet does NOT want a traditional marriage if she doesn't cook and only does take out. She wants the perks of a traditional marriage without the downs... that is not how it works. BOTH Monet and Vaughn have issues IMO... not just Vaughn. Monet could stand to listen more, temper her tone and talk less. Everything does not have to be a fight.  Vaughn could watch the way he phrases things, open up more and be more flexible. 

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 3
And Jamie is a sweetheart. She interacts with her fans on instagram and twitter. (including me!)

Of course she answers, because then it's all about Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. I'm guessing she only interacts with the people who give her compliments.

• Love 4

Yes! Vaughn is just so put out by everything Monet says or does, that he truly resents the smallest thing that's asked of him. I'm guessing the producers suggested or requested Vaughn pick up Monet at the doctor's office; I doubt Vaughn came up with the idea himself. So of course he wanted a medal for it. -- woe is me, woe is me.

What was much more aggravating to me in that pick-up scene was Monet narrating that, yes!, wasn't it a wonderful thing that Vaughn arrived, gee he didn't have to do that! A few short weeks with Vaughn, and she's already acting like a beaten-down spouse, grateful for the smallest kindness.

Vaughn should have looked for a show like Be My Housekeeper (With Benefits!) because that guy really doesn't want to be married, in my opinion.

• Love 2

Of course she answers, because then it's all about Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. I'm guessing she only interacts with the people who give her compliments.

I've made some smart ass remarks that she's favorited on Twitter.

I've made some smart ass remarks that she's favorited on Twitter.

That is why I think she has learned the most. Doug too. Noticed when she said "you're so selfish" he said "I've been told that before" or something like that. Hmmm.