Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E03: Power Of Veto #1

Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

Kirsten with makeup and Kirsten without makeup are two different people.  Both gorgeous, but they aren’t even the same age.

Blue feels like she is 100% on all the time.  Her DR’s are complete acting.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Everyone on this board comes from the Humiliverse because what could be more humiliating than watching this summer after summer knowing exactly what we are going to get, himbos, stereotypes, Grodner manipulation, showmances, and a dollop of exclusion of those too different? And we come here and post so yep that's about as humiliating as it gets. Now on with the show.

Okay, it's confirmed, Cirie will be the narrator of the season, and she gets the final slot in the credits befitting her status...the only thing missing is the  AND Cirie.

Once, just once while they have the numbers can't we have the outsiders band together and foil the HOH. I'm looking at you Hasim, Red, Luke, and probably someone I'm forgetting. They could all get together and save Kirstin, bring her into their outsiders alliance and get rid of Baldie (sorry I can't remember her name) and take out one of the Bye-Bye Bitches.

Come on editors Kirstin disappears for three-quarters of the show. What was she doing in that time? Why didn't we get the obligatory scene where she meets with Riley and Riley tries to shine her why she was nominated?

Anyway, we got a Janelle voice cameo so the episode wasn't a total loss.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Wow, only 2 posts about last nights show. Mayb e everyone else feels like I did last night: why am I watching this show at my age?

You may be right. I would say least amount of posts.....ever! Not a good sign if this board represents the die hard fans. The general public must be totatly apethetic.

That veto competition was pretty boring. I guess I'm not a fan of the Humiliverse comps. They're not even humiliating; they're just stupid. One of them was kicking your ass with a large boot and the other is being pulled up off the ground by fake underwear, neither which are humiliating, per say. 

Oh, the Handful. Any time an alliance names themselves something as generic as that, you just know they're going to be a disaster. 

Bye Bye Bitches isn't a great name, as it's just copying what they saw in their room (thanks, Janelle!) but at least it's kind of fun to say.

Kirsten's definitely trying too hard in the DR.

The Jag/Hisam segment was nice to see. The show does love its emotional storytelling segments.

Not a whole lot happened besides alliances forming the veto comp, so not much to comment on.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

You may be right. I would say least amount of posts.....ever! Not a good sign if this board represents the die hard fans. The general public must be totatly apethetic.

It's a pretty lackluster season so far. The Live Feeds thread is pretty thin too. Usually I check that once a day and have to scroll through three or four pages at least. This season? Barely one page a day.

I'm really tired of the gimmicks, they are just so childish and stupid, like the butt-kicking thing to get out of the room. That's just so juvenile, who comes up with this shit? Are kindergartners running this show?

13 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Okay, it's confirmed, Cirie will be the narrator of the season, and she gets the final slot in the credits befitting her status...the only thing missing is the  AND Cirie.

And this continues to piss me off. Reilly is HoH, Kristen and Felicia are on the block. Hisam won Veto. But . . . we need to hear how this affects Cirie. Because . . . they aren't being subtle about the fact that Cirie is the big star of the show. It's all about her. How everything affects her game. What she thinks of everything. Those post Veto meeting DRs are usually reserved for, you know, people who are involved. We didn't hear what Izzy thinks about all of this. We didn't hear what Jag or Cory or Mecole thinks about any of this. But we had to get a word in from Cirie. Of course.

I know it's early days yet, but so far this feels like an obvious attempt by CBS to finally give that big win to Cirie everyone seems to think she's been robbed of for years on Survivor. She couldn't pull it off there but Big Brother is far easier to throw her way.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Honestly, so far this season is actually very entertaining and full of game play but a) the episodes never capture the true sense of what’s going on and b) I think a lot of people have just given up on the show after so many boring and/or horrible seasons.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I know it's early days yet, but so far this feels like an obvious attempt by CBS to finally give that big win to Cirie everyone seems to think she's been robbed of for years on Survivor. She couldn't pull it off there but Big Brother is far easier to throw her way.

100% it looks that way. And the stupidverse or whatever it is gives them the ability to change things up if she is on the block to help her stick around. 

• Like 2

I love Cirie, but I'm with y'all on this.  If CBS loves Cirie so much, they should just give her a show for her ownself.  NOT this show.

"Lackluster" is a good description.  BOring.  I don't know if it is because the cast, or because of the scattered 'verse setting is sucking all the air out of the room.  Or the focus on ONE hamster in particular.

I did like the Jag/Hisam scene, but it seemed very heavy-handed from production to plop it there.  Like "See, viewers!  We're diverse!  We have hamsters who have heavy and meaningful conversations!  We are nuanced!"

• Like 3

I got the impression that Jared knew she'd be there, but I kind of wanted to see it play out where instead of pretending not to know each other, Jared walks in after the first comp and yells "Mom?! What the hell are you doing here?" and then tantrums that his mom being in the game will paint a huge target on him and destroy his game. Because it's Cirie, they'd totally buy that she would eat her child with a spork if it would get her to the end. That solves the problem of people knowing/figuring it out and trying to keep it on the downlow.

So it is okay to mention Cirie on Survivor but not okay, because it was another network, to mentioned she won The Traitors and won it with style and savvy? 

We all do know about The Traitors.  To hide it is stupid. This isn't the 1950's where CBS was busy trying to pretend NBC didn't exist.  I mean even ESPN and Fox Sports promotes games on each others networks.  Sigh.

I'm fine with Cirie there only because the rest of the house guests are so damn boring.  I hope it does turn into The Cirie Show quite frankly.  That would be entertaining.

But it won't.  They will be gunning for her soon big time.  A number of them will want to be "the big game hunter" that brings her down.  She doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Skooma said:

So it is okay to mention Cirie on Survivor but not okay, because it was another network, to mentioned she won The Traitors and won it with style and savvy? 

We all do know about The Traitors.  To hide it is stupid. 

I watch all sorts of reality TV and I had never ever heard of The Traitors, much less know that Cirie won it. Right now I'm even wondering if it was on network TV or nbc's Peacock streaming channel.

But yeah, this has turned into the Cirie show and I do not like it!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I watch all sorts of reality TV and I had never ever heard of The Traitors, much less know that Cirie won it. Right now I'm even wondering if it was on network TV or nbc's Peacock streaming channel.

But yeah, this has turned into the Cirie show and I do not like it!

OT:  I don't have any streaming service.  But I looked it up and it was on this peacock thing.

But I saw it on a regular cable channel.  Bravo.  It was a marathon type of broadcast last spring over just a few days maybe.  Can't remember much about the broadcast.  I just stumbled into it after like the first 10 minutes of Episode 1.  Filmed at a Scottish castle with a fun host. 

I enjoyed it though it wouldn't win any Emmys for sure.  But I liked a couple of elements in it that felt like they were "inspired" vaguely from things on The Mole.

There were a bunch or reality people mixed with first timers.  Big Brother members of that cast were Rachael and Cody.

Edited by Skooma