Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

I saw Cabaret today at Sacramento Music Circus today, and the role of Fraulein Schneider was played by Mary Gordon Murray (Becky Lee).  She was really good in the role.

The lead male role, that of Cliff, was played by an actor named Ryan Hunter Herdlicka, who apparently had a role in the online reboot, but I don't remember him.

I took a spin by IMDb and I don't remember this guy.  Probably just some bro who talked to Destiny or Dani at Shelter.

ETA...oh geez, he was in one of the Dusky episodes.  Dusky...shuuuuuder.

Edited by TeeVee329

I will always believe that she was supposed to be a recast Starr but they changed their minds midway through.

(Also no memory of that guy here. But an unfortunately good memory for the lyrics of "White Girl Wasted.")

I personally thought Dusky was being primed to be paired with Jack.  They made a bunch of noise about her being relatively age appropriate, and had her clash with Blair right from the get.  But instead, Dusty got the boot (yay!) and Jack boned that teacher instead (meh).

• Love 1

According to several major industry sites, Laura Harrier is almost certainly playing Liz Allan, Peter Parker's popular-girl school crush in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Liz is a pretty steady supporting cast member in the Spidey books - in the comics, she marries Harry Osborn and becomes his long-suffering wife and mother of their son as he becomes the crazy second Green Goblin.

What really strikes me is that, with the big news that Zendaya Coleman is likely playing Mary Jane Watson, it looks like both romantic interests in Homecoming will be women of color opposite Tom Holland's white Peter Parker. That's honestly a huge thing and I'm so proud OLTL has even a tangential connection to any of it, however slight.

• Love 4

Matt Walton (Elijah Clarke) showed up in the first episode of "Notorious" and may be recurring (I'm not sticking around to find out).  He's the head of the network that Piper Perabo's character works at.

• Love 2

Not the cast, but a certain someone has had Donald Trump's name struck from her building:

Linda Gottlieb, a resident who started the petition, was elated. 'We won,' Ms. Gottlieb, a film and television producer, said. 'We used the power of protest to say that we don’t have to accept the spread of the man’s influence into our very homes. To me, it feels like a cleansing of the place where I live.'

19 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

John Oliver's '"fuck 2016" segment really sums up the year perfectly. And it just keeps coming seems. How old is Eddie now? Terrible. 

He turned 22 on October 27th.

• Love 1

Days shoots six months ahead. The stuff that's about to air with Kassie's Eve is the work she did before she was diagnosed, setting up a story arc that Days had to adjust/pitch after she got too sick to work. Days is currently dark until mid-January and won't be shooting anything or leaking any casting announcements for a while.

• Love 1

I was just coming to post that.  It looks great and, yeah, Laura Harrier is quite prominent throughout.

In other alumni news, just a reminder that "Fuller House" dropped its new season today and John Brotherton (Jared Banks) is a series regular this year.

Edited by TeeVee329
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

TeeVee, think of how often you'll have to point out that Lucas (Who?) never interacts with his aunt! I bet you're tired already.

I do miss Alex Olanov.

Exhausted.  But I'll give the show a few free passes if they let Lucy be part of Olivia's story.  Seeing Tonja Walker and Lynn Herring play together would be fun for me.

I also loved TW as Alex Olanov (and then they made him Kimmie and Cutter's mom, amazing!), but I worry that won't translate to "General Hospital", i.e. Ilene Kristen as Delia.

Edited by TeeVee329
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news about OLTL actors/characters I don't like, today is apparently JPL's last episode of DOOL:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/john-paul-lavoisier-departs-days-of-our-lives-with-his-final-appearance/2016/12/20/

In celebration of his exit, he wasn't even awful for the whole episode! There was even one line that he delivered almost in a Philip-like way! ("I know what you are, I know what you did, I'm done," or some such.) Of course that was overwhelmed by the random face-making and inexplicable intonations, but hey, small triumphs in a final episode where Philip got the best writing anyone has had in a month.

• Love 2

Finally finished "Luke Cage" and, as others have said, it was fun seeing Sean Ringgold as Sugar.  And hey, it was also pretty cool that he's the one who got to call Rosario Dawson's Claire the Night Nurse!

Edited by TeeVee329