Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

Hey look! It's Scott and Chris Evans being all adorable with each other again!

I told my sister recently that the Evans clan reminds me of our family whenever I see them. They do 'terrible' things to each other growing up and then tell stories about it, laughing like crazy, really seem to like each other and get along and have fun together.

Given that we've both experienced the fact that what we thought was normal really wasn't (sadly) it's always nice to see evidence that our family isn't as rare as we're sometimes led to believe.

• Love 2

So adorable!

And it made me imagine if Fish had still be on the canvas during the musical episodes that year.  Scott Evans and Mark Lawson could have sung some kind of duet in police uniform and dress whites, respectively.   Or Fish and Nick could have musically thrown down over Kyle!

Relatedly, here's the cover of Nicholas Rodriguez's (Nick "The Homewrecker" Chavez) debut album, out now:

Nicholas%20CD%20Cover.JPG

Somebody online suggested that Kristen Alderson join the cast of an online series called "Youthful Daze" (which I admit I never heard of), because her real life buddy Brittany Underwood (Langston) was on the show, but the show's official Twitter feed said, flat out, “No we aren’t interested in having her on.”

Then Bryan James, who is an actor on the show and an executive producer tweeted, “Would NEVER work with her! Immature (to a new level I’ve never seen before), unprofessional, ignorant #nothanks,” and went on to say, “She was supposed to host @TMItheShow I’m in cast for the soap night. She backed out because I was in the cast. #bitch.” James deleted the comment, then wrote, “I’m not going to get into fights on twitter with the conceited One Life to Live kids. I have way better things to do with my day.”

It sounds like he has problems with Brittany Underwood, since she's a One Life to Live kid.

I don't know who this Bryan James is, his credits are pretty limited.

Well, the third, least-liked Cassie, Holly Gagnier, is now on GH as Jennifer Smith. It was her Cassie that stole Jon Russell away from Dorian. 

Oh God... that takes me back.

Jon Russell... man, he had Dorian, Melinda AND Cassie. I specifically remember Melinda performing the Dance of the Seven Veils for him. I believe my 8th grade self was somewhat scarred by that.

He had a Magnum PI moustache and he was a lawyer. I do recall it was him that badgered Max into admitting his undying love for Gabrielle on the stand while Megan ran out in tears.

(edited)

And today in WTFery, I give you Melissa Archer and Jessica Morris (yes, Jen Rappaport herself!) with some autotuned weirdness. Apparently KA found it on YouTube and tweeted it.

MA and JM have actually been really close friends since the beginning of their OLTL days (they both began in 2001). And Jessica looks basically the same as she did on the show.

Edited by UYI

And today in WTFery, I give you Melissa Archer and Jessica Morris (yes, Jen Rappaport herself!) with some autotuned weirdness. Apparently KA found it on YouTube and tweeted it.

MA and JM have actually been really close friends since the beginning of their OLTL days (they both began in 2001). And Jessica looks basically the same as she did on the show.

It turns out that video was viral marketing for a web series MA and JM are doing:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-viral-starring-melissa-archer-jessica-morris-with-sean-carrigan-rob-scott-wilson-eric-nelsen-and-brandon-goins/2015/08/05/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by TeeVee329

Oops, missed it above on JB.

He's on a great track, working a lot on James Wan's big films and I couldn't be happier for him.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I loved John Brotherton—Jared got such a raw deal, even though it led to one of my all-time favorite Mitch Lawrence moments, when he rose in Jared's casket. I'm glad he's working steadily.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Michael Fairman interview with JPL re: Days and web soap Winterthorne.  His hair is...um...

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/video-interview-john-paul-lavoisier-previews-his-role-in-winterthorne-his-upcoming-debut-as-days-new-phillip-kiriakis/2015/08/25/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“You know, it’s funny.  On One Life I started out as sort of a kid and grew up.  Now being a Kiriakis and being at DAYS, I feel like an official grown-up.  I wear suits every single day and I am corporate.  Working with John Aniston (Victor), I’m like this business man.  I’m doing man stuff, posing in my suit! (Laughs)

...oh dear...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Tom Degnan (the last Joey Buchanan) has landed a major recurring role on "Limitless":

http://deadline.com/2015/09/tom-degnan-cast-limitless-andrew-daly-grandfathered-1201532392/

He was also apparently on "Madam Secretary", which makes him, what, the third OLTL alum to pop up on that show in one season?

I love when primetime shows use casting agents who are obviously soaps fans. A couple of years back I watched a show called Deception, starring Megan Good. Bree Williamson's dead character was seen via flashback. David Gregory popped up, as did Ilene Kristen and someone else I'm forgetting at the moment.

A. Martinez (Ray Montez) is now on "Days of our Lives", playing Kassie DePaiva's ex as well as the father of Camila Banus' (Lola Montez) character.

Wait until Dorian hears about this!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Florencia Lozano, our own Tea Delgado, was in an episode of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" I was watching last night.  She played the grieving widow of a cop and former friend of Kathryn Erbe's character.

Edited by TeeVee329

Lenny Platt (Old Man Nate Salinger Ford) and Saundra Santiago (Carlotta Vega 2.0) were both on "Gotham" last night and it looks like Platt's role is going to be recurring.

Edited by TeeVee329