Type keyword(s) to search

Benedict Cumberbatch: Not Your Father's Sherlock

Wish we could watch Stateside. Read great things about BC'S performance. We'll see...  someday. 

I'm a Plantagenet freak and I just realized (duh) that BD reading poetry at Richard III's burial was for basically publicity for his role. Also read he's not an ancestor to Richard III but instead the Duke of Somerset, Henry VI's advisor and Margaret of Anjou's confidante. Disappointed.

Wish we could watch Stateside.

PBS will be showing The Hollow Crown later in the year - maybe late summer or early fall. They've been vague with the date so far.

I saw Captain America Civil War yesterday and we got the trailer for Doctor Strange beforehand. 

Please let us know how you like it!

I've already seen the Henrys and the first hour of RIII when they were on BBC IPlayer.  I ran out of time to watch the end of RIII before it left (they only have shows for a month).  And, they are all amazing.  Especially Benedict.   It will be nice to watch them on my tv and not my iPad.  That's my plan for Sunday - watching all three!

I do admit, I spent a lot of time telling Shakespeare - no, no, no, that's not historically accurate - that's not what happened!  Grr. stupid dramatic license.  

• Love 1

I already bought my ticket!   Doctor Strange had its big premiere last night in London.

And, congrats to Benedict and Sophie - they announced last night that they are expecting their second child! 

• Love 2

BC is one of EW's Entertainers of the Year.

And, PBS is finally showing The Hollow Crown.  Part 1 was on Sunday but Benedict wasn't in it (wee Richard III when he was a child was in Henry VI Part 1) but he'll be on the next two weeks with Richard III on Christmas Day.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

And, PBS is finally showing The Hollow Crown.  Part 1 was on Sunday but Benedict wasn't in it (wee Richard III when he was a child was in Henry VI Part 1) but he'll be on the next two weeks with Richard III on Christmas Day.

The Hollow Crown now has its own forum!

• Love 1

If you haven't yet heard Cabin Pressure (a BBC radio series that Benedict was in), BBC Radio 4 Extra is re-airing the series from the beginning.  They have only aired the first two so far so its easy to catch up.  And, if you haven't yet heard Cabin Pressure, it is brilliant!  

You can listen worldwide - anyone can download the BBC Radio App or listen from the BBC Radio website Cabin Pressure

• Love 2

Lets catch up on some BC news - he's in Scotland now filming Melrose (which even though I know about the books, I keep thinking its a reboot of the tv series) and Thor opens today in the US.  I'm not sure how big his role is in it but he's now in the commercials airing! 

• Love 3

Thanks M. Darcy!  Though, I don't know if he's actually in Thor -- a couple of trailers have popped up on t.v. for Avengers Infinity War and he's been in those.  I'll know tonight after I go see the Thor movie.

ETA:  Nope! I was wrong! My apologies! Benedict/Dr. Strange is indeed in Ragnarok!   He has a small but funny role at the beginning, where is is pretty much the straight man for Thor. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 2

FYI, for my fellow Yanks, The Child in Time will air on Masterpiece Theatre on Sunday April 1st at 9/8 c. 

And, for those who are fans of Cabin Pressure - I got to see John Finnemore last week!  He did a tryout of his Souvenir Programme show and I got to attend (finally one his events was the same time as one of my London trips). 

• Love 3

Two BC audiobooks are out today!  Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders ( which is the awesome BBC radio series - I am SO happy its finally available to own) and Metamorphosis.  

ITunes has them - and I think also Audible.

There will be more released this summer - more Rumpoles and My Dear Bessie.   I'm glad that BBC Radio is finally releasing all these as audiobooks.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I tell you, Bennie is the nicest man on the planet. My love knows no bounds. 

Have you ever heard him try to pronounce "penguin"?  It's adorable.  Google it if you haven't seen it.  I am a 100% Cumberbitch.

• Love 2

Oh yeah, he can't say penguin to save his life, Graham Norton gave him hell for 15 minutes once. B.C. mispronounced penguin throughout an entire documentary that he was narrating.  Hysterical. Adorable. We love him. 

• Love 2

Benedict Cumberbatch is nominated for a Golden Globe!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Benedict Cumberbatch (“Patrick Melrose”)

He was also nominated for an Emmy Award for the same role earlier this year, but he lost to Darren Criss for American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace.