Type keyword(s) to search

SURmising The New Season

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So nice of you to give me credit. But I think someone else posted about the tags before I did. I can’t watch live. I usually watch at 10 pm. 

Thank you anyway Hoody - I get lots of info from you too.

Out there in boardie world - sorry I don't remember who posted about the price tag - but thank you

Another thing about Raquel - if her parents had money she would have gotten her nose job at 18, and she would have won a pageant because they would have bought her a title.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Isn’t it a conflict of interest for Racky to return to the show straight out of a mental health facility?

I assert that Raquel is not an inpatient at an accredited mental health unit or facility; she does not have a diagnosis that would indicate inpatient care is the best treatment option for her.  Even if you are private pay, accredited institutions do not want inpatients in their facility if other levels of care are appropriate.  Accrediting bodies look at admission criteria and lengths of stay.  Also, while an inpatient, things like hospital acquired infections/falls, and other bad things can happen and get reviewed by these accrediting bodies.  

Google average lengths of stay for inpatient admissions; I think they are less than 10 days.  She is too old for care in a Residential Treatment Center (we cover up to age 21)(and once again, diagnosis).  If anything, she is in an intensive outpatient program which is outpatient (by definition).  

Regardless, I don't really want to see her back.  I also don't want the show to return "as is."  I think it would be most successful to move the location to a LVP Las Vegas property and have some of the old cast come back for appearances to coach and mentor the new cast.  Ariana could be showcased bartending and Shena could be, waitressing?  James, DJing?  You get the idea.  

The thought that Raquel saved the show doesn't fly with me.  I guess it gave Bravo one more season but it is still dying--it is just going to take us 10-12 more episodes to get there.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think she may have gone to a facility to check out costs and have someone on her team take a picture of her entering, and probably another day, a picture of her leaving. She's been hiding at her parents in Tucson.

That is a very clever theory! 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Out there in boardie world - sorry I don't remember who posted about the price tag - but thank you

Another thing about Raquel - if her parents had money she would have gotten her nose job at 18, and she would have won a pageant because they would have bought her a title.

I’m surprised that she didn’t manipulate James into paying for a better one.

Or Ariana or Scheana.

• LOL 2
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

When they were in Vegas, no one slut shamed her for kissing Oliver. Lala just said the way she moves, she wouldn't trust Raquel around her man.

That sounds like "slut shaming" to me, but OTOH, LaLa was upset that Oliver didn't chose her for some nasty rebound sex and had to settle for that gross man at Lake Havasu.

20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t consider Racky a victim, just questioning the mental health facility. As for slut vs skank shaming, the entire cast are cheating pigs so the pile on is pointless. Ariana is the only one who should get to verbally abuse Rackey.

That was my main problem with the reunion. None of these people really had the moral ground to be outraged over Scandoval, despite their "whataboutisms".

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Gharlane said:
  On 7/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

When they were in Vegas, no one slut shamed her for kissing Oliver. Lala just said the way she moves, she wouldn't trust Raquel around her man

12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

That sounds like "slut shaming" to me, but OTOH, LaLa was upset that Oliver didn't chose her for some nasty rebound sex and had to settle for that gross man at Lake Havasu

I think the women were fine with Rachel kissing Oliver. I don’t remember anyone implying that Rachel was promiscuous.

But Lala mentioned first that she thought Oliver was attractive. She sensed that, at that point, Rachel became attracted to Oliver, also. I think that’s why she said that she wouldn’t trust Rachel around her man.

I think Rachel had also asked Schwartz if he wanted to “make out” like a high school student with her by this point. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But Lala mentioned first that she thought Oliver was attractive. She sensed that, at that point, Rachel became attracted to Oliver, also. I think that’s why she said that she wouldn’t trust Rachel around her man.

I did a casual re-watch of VPR (meaning that I played it in the background during the workday when I WFH) and noticed that Raquel showed interest in Oliver after Lala did.  It was creepy - there was a quick shot of Lala licking her upper lip as she checked him out, and Raquel watched her, muttered ‘he’s hot’ while mimicking Lala’s expression only she stuck her tongue straight out between her teeth, looking like a gargoyle.  Like many many things she does… it was just strange.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Actually, closer to 14 or 15 like the fancy girls I went to prep school and camp with.

• Applause 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I did a casual re-watch of VPR (meaning that I played it in the background during the workday when I WFH) and noticed that Raquel showed interest in Oliver after Lala did.  It was creepy - there was a quick shot of Lala licking her upper lip as she checked him out, and Raquel watched her, muttered ‘he’s hot’ while mimicking Lala’s expression only she stuck her tongue straight out between her teeth, looking like a gargoyle.  Like many many things she does… it was just strange.

If you think back on Lala - she definitely has a type that she is sexually attracted to - and it is black men. The men that she has sex with that pay the bills and buy her presents are the men who have yacht parties. I was absolutely shocked when Randall first appeared - eek! Am I the only one who thought the rich mystery man was a professional football or basketball player?

Raquel has a type too - white, skinny, boy.

You're right that Raquel went after him because of Lala. Lala just said he was her "type", she meant sexually, she wasn't looking for a relationship. Raquel twists that in her head that Lala wants him as a boyfriend.

Raquel goes after Oliver not because she wanted to win him, but because she wants to Lala to lose.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I don't want to paint all pageant girls with the same brush, but maybe for some of them the appeal of pageantry is to compete with other women regarding who's the prettiest/most desirable? Maybe a lot of them like the idea of having any man they want, whether he's in a relationship or not.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't want to paint all pageant girls with the same brush, but maybe for some of them the appeal of pageantry is to compete with other women regarding who's the prettiest/most desirable? Maybe a lot of them like the idea of having any man they want, whether he's in a relationship or not.

I don’t know if Rachel was lying, the way she usually lies. But she claimed that her Aunt Mother encouraged her to compete in pageants, to force her to work outside of her comfort zone. 
If I were Rachel’s guardian, I would have researched, like a maniac, the pageant industry, before releasing her into that world.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t know if Rachel was lying, the way she usually lies. But she claimed that her Aunt Mother encouraged her to compete in pageants, to force her to work outside of her comfort zone. 
If I were Rachel’s guardian, I would have researched, like a maniac, the pageant industry, before releasing her into that world.

It doesn't even require research, if after 5 years in the pageant circuit, your daughter never placed, this is not good for her self esteem - and apparently she sucks. Honey Boo Boo would tell her to stop

giphy.gif

On VPR season 3 - we got Miami Girl, I hope in Season 11, we get Pageant Girl or Coach Boy - who come on the show with photos and stories of how terrible Raquel was in the pageant circuit. I hope Coach Boy says that the time Raquel placed 15th, there were only 15 contestants.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It doesn't even require research, if after 5 years in the pageant circuit, your daughter never placed, this is not good for her self esteem - and apparently she sucks. Honey Boo Boo would tell her to stop

giphy.gif

On VPR season 3 - we got Miami Girl, I hope in Season 11, we get Pageant Girl or Coach Boy - who come on the show with photos and stories of how terrible Raquel was in the pageant circuit. I hope Coach Boy says that the time Raquel placed 15th, there were only 15 contestants.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You are too funny.

• LOL 2

I found a cute online speculation of what the SAH menu would include:

BLTeam Ariana

A snatched 3 layers of homemade sourdough, stacked sizzlin’ salty bacon, ripe tomatoes, and sexy little gem lettuces, wrapped in the latest issue of Glamour magazine. All tied with a bright red ribbon, revealing just enough hot-not-humiliated revenge to keep us coming back for more. 

Give Them Lunchmeats

A medley of self-proclaimed bomb-ass, bronzed lunch meats, cured and aged in alcohol-free barrel vinegars in an ice-cold litigious lettuce wrap. Have a complaint about the sandwich? SEND IT TO DARRELL.

Gouda As Gold 

Pressed and flawlessly filtered Australian beef smothered in golden gouda, topped with an I-can’t-make-a-fistfull of micro-greens, sandwiched between two pieces of focca-scheana bread. Served at a legal minimum of 100 yards away.

The Torta Katie

Low-simmering prime-cut beef topped with fiery tri-colored peppers, raging sharp cheddar, and life-affirming fresh herbs, all served in a freshly baked torta satchel. 

*pairs with a tequila tasting flight for an additional $30 charge and temporary surrender of cell phone. 

The Sub-Human Sub 

A light menu option that contains barely enough substance to qualify as a snack. This waking culinary nightmare consists of unseasoned chicken tartar, a confounding sea foam tapenade, and wilted lettuce, between the two end pieces of a loaf of white bread.

Sloppy Joe Tom

Two little pieces of limp-dick Wonder Bread, trying to hold together a mess of meat and a word salad. All grilled to imperfection, served with an optional side of 30 Coors Lights and half shots, between the two worst make-out sessions of your life.  

The World’s Jerkiest Jerk Chicken Sando-wich 

Made with spineless jerk chicken, greasy aged cheddar, and the most extras, this decade-long abomination is served with absolutely no care on a toxically masculine brioche bun, sprinkled with sesame seeds and a hard-boiled egg. Because he smells. 

Limited Time Only: Idiot Sandwich Special

Get the Sloppy Joe Tom and The World’s Jerkiest Jerk Chicken Sando-wich for the price of one before the Toms’ inevitable breakup. 

SIDES 

It IS About The Pasta Salad

Chilled bowtie pasta combined with goat cheese balls, a British accent, diced tomatoes, onions, and peppers. 

Ken Todd’s Pickle

Seasonal menu item, only enjoyed on August 24th or when needed to move the story along. Brined in fresh dill from Villa Rosa. 

A Bag of SunChips

Served best in a trailer during high-stress situations. 

Article: https://betches.com/the-something-about-her-sandwich-menu/

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 7/3/2023 at 7:12 AM, JenE4 said:

Okay, I will be the lone voice to say that Scandoval did save this show and bring it back to its former, messy glory. What made me love this show was the season-long cheating scandal investigations that they managed to stumble into year after year. The show went to hell after everyone got married. I still tuned in because I am a creature of habit. 

GIF by NETFLIX

I was watching out of habit, as well because I watched it from the very beginning, but VR was boring for a few seasons after most cast members got married, or were in long term relationships.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:32 PM, Jel said:

That’s a great point, KFB. Why did she pursue/pretend to pursue Schwartz? It was seen as a girl code violation when we thought she was interested in him, and chose to pursue him anyway. But she wasn’t even interested, so why do it? I agree with you—there’s no way to see her as a victim in that scenario. In hindsight, knowing she had zero interest in Schwartz, it seems much worse. She used Schwartz, and she fucked with Katie’s emotions for sport. Not nice.

She did it for air time. The producers probably thought it was a good idea.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I am still way back at Season 3, so I'm only going by memory for Seasons 5 - 9, I don't recall Katie being a Mean Girl to Raquel. In Vegas - yes - she laughed at the galaxy lights - but being a mean girl the way she's been to Scheana - no.

Katie also invited Raquel to Vegas. Katie is close to Lala and knows Lala does not like Raquel, and she still extended the invite to Raquel. Raquel saying she was never friends with Katie and had no interest in being friends with her - doesn't make sense to me. Why go to Vegas then? If she truly felt that way about Katie - then saying yes to the invite means she's a user.

As a side note, I don't think Raquel was in a MH facility. Her family doesn't have the money. A one month in patient facility would cost about 100K per month - 3 months 300K - no way. I say this because if they had money, they would have rented her a nice apartment while she filmed VPR. She moved in with James - if the parents watched the show, they wouldn't have wanted her under the same roof with James. Then when she broke off with James, she moved in with Scheana. The studio that has been shown on VPR is not hers - it is used specifically for the days of filming. So if you can't afford to rent a furnished studio for $2000 a month no way can they afford an in patient MH facility.

Katie invited Raquel to Vegas, and Raquel went because it was a cast trip (for the women). They were not friends, but it didn't matter.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, KungFuBunny said:

If she is coming back later in the season - is this code for waiting for Sandoval to get back from the show he's doing out of the country? Also, if she doesn't film the whole season - cut that salary in 1/2. Anything can happen - Sandoval's team may have found him an Instagram model - younger, prettier, with a higher SM following that will be his on film new girlfriend. I'm sure the contract Bravo prepared for Raquel has a contingency - if she leaves again to go into hiding - she breaches the contract.

Sandoval returned, and he is filming for a week. The rest of the cast is filming for two weeks. 

On 7/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, albarino said:

I assert that Raquel is not an inpatient at an accredited mental health unit or facility; she does not have a diagnosis that would indicate Bravo care is the best treatment option for her.  Even if you are private pay, accredited institutions do not want inpatients in their facility if other levels of care are appropriate.  Accrediting bodies look at admission criteria and lengths of stay.  Also, while an inpatient, things like hospital acquired infections/falls, and other bad things can happen and get reviewed by these accrediting bodies.  

Google average lengths of stay for inpatient admissions; I think they are less than 10 days.  She is too old for care in a Residential Treatment Center (we cover up to age 21)(and once again, diagnosis).  If anything, she is in an intensive outpatient program which is outpatient (by definition).  

Regardless, I don't really want to see her back.  I also don't want the show to return "as is."  I think it would be most successful to move the location to a LVP Las Vegas property and have some of the old cast come back for appearances to coach and mentor the new cast.  Ariana could be showcased bartending and Shena could be, waitressing?  James, DJing?  You get the idea.  

The thought that Raquel saved the show doesn't fly with me.  I guess it gave Bravo one more season but it is still dying--it is just going to take us 10-12 more episodes to get there.

The show might be watched for a season because viewers want to see if there is going to be any story line resolutions. Ariana will be filmed with her new boyfriend, but we have no idea what will happen regarding Raquel and Tom Sandoval. All the cast signed up for another season (even Raquel), and some cast members who were fired in the past might make appearances. Jax is really desperate to return because he has no career, or money. He posts constantly on his social media, he provides "info" to blogs, social media, and other sites, podcasts, and so on. He pushes hard to get Bravo's attention. He is supposedly either very close to signing a contract to have a spin off with other married VR couples (this idea didn't work years ago when the couples were living in Valley Village, were married and in long term relationships because it was a boring concept, but now only him is married, and Kristen sold her house in 2019, and broke up with her bf), or he will appear on VR (but he is not filming, and he deleted tweets about it, so this is not true). 

On 7/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, KungFuBunny said:

If you think back on Lala - she definitely has a type that she is sexually attracted to - and it is black men. The men that she has sex with that pay the bills and buy her presents are the men who have yacht parties. I was absolutely shocked when Randall first appeared - eek! Am I the only one who thought the rich mystery man was a professional football or basketball player?

Raquel has a type too - white, skinny, boy.

You're right that Raquel went after him because of Lala. Lala just said he was her "type", she meant sexually, she wasn't looking for a relationship. Raquel twists that in her head that Lala wants him as a boyfriend.

Raquel goes after Oliver not because she wanted to win him, but because she wants to Lala to lose.

Yes, Lala wanted everybody to think that her mystery guy was a famous professional football or basketball player. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

He is supposedly either very close to signing a contract to have a spin off with other married VR couples (this idea didn't work years ago when the couples were living in Valley Village, were married and in long term relationships because it was a boring concept, but now only him is married, and Kristen sold her house in 2019, and broke up with her bf)

It's a done deal

Vanderpump Rules is experiencing a ratings resurgence — and getting a new spinoff as a result.

A spinoff of the hit Bravo reality series is in the works, according to our sister site Deadline, with former cast members Jax Taylor, Brittany Cartwright and Kristen Doute all said to be involved. The series “will follow a group of tight-knit friends, who are trading in their glamorous West Hollywood lives and swapping bottle service for baby bottles as they adapt to the next chapter of their fun-loving lifestyle in The Valley,” per the official description.

18 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The show might be watched for a season because viewers want to see if there is going to be any story line resolutions. Ariana will be filmed with her new boyfriend, but we have no idea what will happen regarding Raquel and Tom Sandoval. All the cast signed up for another season (even Raquel), and some cast members who were fired in the past might make appearances. Jax is really desperate to return because he has no career, or money. He posts constantly on his social media, he provides "info" to blogs, social media, and other sites, podcasts, and so on. He pushes hard to get Bravo's attention. He is supposedly either very close to signing a contract to have a spin off with other married VR couples (this idea didn't work years ago when the couples were living in Valley Village, were married and in long term relationships because it was a boring concept, but now only him is married, and Kristen sold her house in 2019, and broke up with her bf), or he will appear on VR (but he is not filming, and he deleted tweets about it, so this is not true). 

Yes, Lala wanted everybody to think that her mystery guy was a famous professional football or basketball player. 

Yeah IMO the main reason people will watch is to see the fallout between Raquel, Sandy and Ariana - and the rest of the original cast, and if they bring back any of the originals that will help their bottom line.  It will also point out to everyone that the "racist" behaviors of the originals was not that interesting to any of the viewers.  There's still only so long they can pump this well because no one gives a crap about any of the newbies.

• Like 1

Hiding out in a mental facility and throwing the legal system at her coworkers seemed to heal rachels bank account.

"It’s official: Raquel Leviss has signed on the dotted line for Vanderpump Rules Season 11. Exactly how she will fit into the show moving forward remains to be seen, but she will be filming with the entire cast for the first time at some point next week (July 17-23, 2023)"

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/07/12/raquel-leviss-joins-vanderpump-rules-season-11/

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Hiding out in a mental facility and throwing the legal system at her coworkers seemed to heal rachels bank account.

"It’s official: Raquel Leviss has signed on the dotted line for Vanderpump Rules Season 11. Exactly how she will fit into the show moving forward remains to be seen, but she will be filming with the entire cast for the first time at some point next week (July 17-23, 2023)"

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/07/12/raquel-leviss-joins-vanderpump-rules-season-11/

If it's a group event it must be at one of LVP's businesses. Is she opening a place at another Caesar's Entertainment venue such as Reno, or Lake Tahoe, or Gulf Coast? Or maybe it's a party in her place in Vegas.

• Useful 1

I really doubt this whole "facility" stay honestly. I do think she hightailed it to Mireval for a week's stay, but I think she has been hiding out in Tucson with her parents. There is no way if she was in some facility for months that anyone would allow her to put herself right back in the middle of this filming.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I really doubt this whole "facility" stay honestly. I do think she hightailed it to Mireval for a week's stay, but I think she has been hiding out in Tucson with her parents. There is no way if she was in some facility for months that anyone would allow her to put herself right back in the middle of this filming.  

I agree. But don't think this article confirming her return is real as this is the only one claiming so. Also: https://pagesix.com/2023/07/12/raquel-leviss-playing-hardball-with-bravo-contract-as-cast-starts-filming/

• Like 2

I don't think Raquel is needed for Season 11.

She does not have a dynamic personality for Reality TV. The fans that want to see the fallout of the affair - will get that with Tom.

Raquel brings nothing to the show.

Well, there might be one thing I'd be interested in watching - I'd like to see Graham chew her face off.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Possible dialogue

Scheana: You douche, dick, scum bucket, himbo, asshole. You look ridiculous, worst hairstyle and manicure ever.

Sandoval: Duh, like, um, like, I can't believe how mean you are to criticize my fashion. Seriously?

There are 3 tiers which have a base amount. From lowest to highest, they are guest, recurring, and main. If a cast member remains in a tier level for more than a year, they do get raises. No matter what tier you start off at, your first season pay will suck.

The Toms, Scheana, and Katie have been “main” cast members from the start – their salaries are pretty level to each other.

Ariana was a guest season 1 – you saw her in the background at LVP’s house. Ariana was recurring season 2 – you saw her a little bit more with Scheana visiting her at Villa Blanca. Ariana became a main character seasons 3 – 10. Her salary was a little bit less than the originals. With Season 11, her salary has surpassed the others as Bravo knows that the fans want to see her for the new season.

Lala was recurring seasons 4 and 5. She became a main character season 6-10. Her salary is less than the other mains and Ariana. She is probably level to James.

James was a guest season 2, and recurring seasons 4 and 5. Seasons 6-10, he was a main character. His salary and Lala’s are level.

Raquel was a guest on season 5, and a recurring on seasons 6-8. She became a main season 9-10. Her salary is probably half of James’.

There has been talk that Raquel is holding out in signing for more money. I believe this is true with her famewhore family cheerleaders in the background telling her how great she is. Raquel is totally living in her own ego.

From my POV, she should have asked for more money because this is her last season. When Bravo didn’t budge on the money, she should have just signed. The longer she waits, the door will start closing and will slam any second. Bravo is filming the other cast members. With what they’ve filmed so far, the season 11 story arc has been determined. This again means they don’t need Raquel – she isn’t needed to move the story along.

Out of all cast members past and present, it took Raquel the longest to reach ‘Main” status. This is because she is boring AS FUCK. She is like beige paint or wallpaper, nobody really notices or cares. Her main status was contingent upon another man, not on her own. She became a main because of her engagement to James, and remained a main because they were basing season 10 on the story arc of her and Schwartz’s possible hookup and how this affected Katie and the rest of the cast.

If she stays on Season 11, she has to do the apology tour. It is not in Raquel’s wheelhouse to start conversations. She will make awkward attempts that will come across as disingenuous. I hope that if she does approach Katie, or Scheana, or Lala, or Ariana – they each do what she normally does: blink, say nothing, and then walk away. This would fulfill any contractual obligation to interact with Raquel. They literally don’t have to say a thing, and can just roll their eyes – this is interacting without words.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The SAG-Aftra Strike throws a bit of a wrench in filming the new season. The strike began 7/14/23. Ariana, Lisa, Scheana and Lala are SAG members.

There are very specific things they can and can not do.

The good thing is they can still film any reality tv show. What they can not do is promote any work they've done that has already filmed. For example, Ariana can talk about her upcoming gigs on Dancing With The Stars and Love Island, but she can't talk about/promote the movie she filmed in Canada. I'm not sure where the Good As Gold Uber or the BIC or Duracel commercials fall. They are filmed, and are Scheana, Lala, and Ariana working as "actors".

They can all do podcasts and talk shows, but can not promote the works that fall under the SAG-Aftra rules.

I'm sure Bravo Production as well as each cast members agents are scrambling to figure out what can and can not be said on film.

I'm also sure all of Bravo production is scrambling because of the upcoming Bravo Con. Garcelle from RHBH can not talk about her new series.

• Useful 2

A separate group - UNITE HERE local 11 - a labor union representing 30,000 hospitality workers in southern California and Arizona are also striking. They are joining forces with SAG-Aftra.

This has affected VPR filming. They were going to film at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica. This was to hold an event at the hotel promoting "Something About Her" The people who work at the Fairmont are part of UNITE HERE.

This is good for LVP. I'm sure LVP will offer one of her venues to film at.

12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The SAG-Aftra Strike throws a bit of a wrench in filming the new season. The strike began 7/14/23. Ariana, Lisa, Scheana and Lala are SAG members.

There are very specific things they can and can not do.

The good thing is they can still film any reality tv show. What they can not do is promote any work they've done that has already filmed. For example, Ariana can talk about her upcoming gigs on Dancing With The Stars and Love Island, but she can't talk about/promote the movie she filmed in Canada. I'm not sure where the Good As Gold Uber or the BIC or Duracel commercials fall. They are filmed, and are Scheana, Lala, and Ariana working as "actors".

They can all do podcasts and talk shows, but can not promote the works that fall under the SAG-Aftra rules.

I'm sure Bravo Production as well as each cast members agents are scrambling to figure out what can and can not be said on film.

I'm also sure all of Bravo production is scrambling because of the upcoming Bravo Con. Garcelle from RHBH can not talk about her new series.

You are such a mind reader to provide this information to people such as me who would want to understand this!!!

Garcelle Beauvais appeared on WWHL the day before they began striking. She, Andy, and the other two cast members were aggressively promoting the show. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You are such a mind reader to provide this information to people such as me who would want to understand this!!!

Garcelle Beauvais appeared on WWHL the day before they began striking. She, Andy, and the other two cast members were aggressively promoting the show. 

In a round about way we who watch Bravo will be affected. WWHL - I wonder if guests may cancel - they are usually on to promote a movie/cable series and they fly in per the contractual obligation to the studios as part of their "press junket" tour. Andy would still want them on - but they won't be able t talk about that project or even any past project - because that would be promoting works.

This also applies to the daytime talk shows - their celebrity guests can not appear to promote any series or movie coming out.

It's good and bad - good for reality tv in the sense they'll be on more talk shows. Better ratings because there is nothing else to watch. Bad for us if dialogue becomes stilted because the cast is so nervous about mentioning things they've done. Good for us no more new movie tie in commercials with Bravolebrities

I do hope the addition of SAG striking evens the playing field so the studios have to negotiate with the screen writers to bring their strike to an end. The writers deserve better conditions, pay, security.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Maybe this is for the best. Less tv could spur me to learn a new language or take up knitting or just do anything productive.

Many years ago I became a hockey fan. Our team was doing well, made it to the playoffs, etc. I got really, really into it. Lots of watching, reading and talking about hockey. My anticipation grew as the next season approached. And then there was a strike. The strike went on for a while and by the time they got back to playing I had lost interest. When I think back, I think I may have replaced hockey with reality tv. 

• LOL 4

The last Writer's strike, California took a $2 Billion hit to their economy. With the SAG-Aftra joining, I would say the loss could be $10 Billion. The studios will feel a direct hit now. Any movies or series that are set to premiere within the next month will suffer in terms of revenue. They won't make as much money, because viewers of Talk Shows won't be seeing actors promoting those works. All production has stopped, even in other countries where the actors are SAG members. There is a ripple effect that increases exponentially - that the State might actually step in so that California's economy doesn't collapse. All of the studios in California - it isn't only the actors losing money. Think of the camera crew, the sound people, the makeup/hair workers, costume designers, food caterers, security who protect the studio grounds - they are out of work too. Think of all of the restaurants around the studios - their bread and butter are the people who work at the studios. There are restaurants that just barely survived COVID, this could sink them.

The crazy thing is - the screenwriters demands are not over the top. What they're asking for is so little compared to what has been lost in revenue so far.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Possible new cast member is Madison Riley. She is related to Dani who I believe is the SUR worker Lala moved in with. Madison is Dani's sister. I believe Lala, Dani, and Madison all know each other from Utah

Her Instagram name is immadisonriley

image.png.454069320fe837026c41870bec3485aa.png

(edited)

On 7/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, UniqBlue69 said:

It's not a done deal before Bravo announces it, and Bravo didn't. The only ones who leak info are Jax and his circle.

Also, Jax and co "are very close to signing" according to them, but nobody signed anything yet, and that was almost a month ago. I have my doubts because like I mentioned, Bravo didn't care about Jax and Brittany, Ariana and Sandoval, Katie and Schwartz, and Kristen and whatever boyfriend she was with at the time when they were all couples, and they all had houses in Valley Village. I'm not sure Bravo wants a show with Brittany and Jax, and Kristen who sold her house. 

Edited by ZettaK

I hope she doesn’t sign. Let her try her luck at the C and D list shows before she retreats back into obscurity. If she is worried about the reaction from “haters”, this latest move with graham is not going to help her cause. I can’t imagine there are enough pro-betrayal and pro-dog dumping fans out there to defend her.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
On 7/19/2023 at 1:56 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Looks Like they're filming at Lake Tahoe for Season 11

Looks like Scheana messed with her face.

Lala looks like a caricature now on a recent photo from James Kennedy's IG. 

Screenshot_20230720_105431_Instagram.jpg

37 minutes ago, Jel said:

I hope she doesn’t sign. Let her try her luck at the C and D list shows before she retreats back into obscurity. If she is worried about the reaction from “haters”, this latest move with graham is not going to help her cause. I can’t imagine there are enough pro-betrayal and pro-dog dumping fans out there to defend her.

I just checked, and her mother who had Graham surrendered him to a Doodle rescue after some biting incidents. This rescue eventually gave him to Vanderpump Dogs, and he ended up with James who wanted to have him. I'm going to give some points to James for that.

Here's a thought - stop giving reprehensible pieces of shit TV shows and making them "famous."

This goes for the vast majority of Bravolebrity shows, both "scripted" and "unscripted".

The only ones who should know these people even exist are their immediate family and friends.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Season 11 - possible scene  story line

At SUR on James' See U Next Tuesday night - James, Ally, Sandoval, Schwartz, and Jo are seen drinking and talking

Schwartz has no problem poking at Katie

• Sad 1

With both the Sag Aftra and Screen Writer’s going with no end in sight, more and more programs you are used to seeing will be postponed indefinitely. When the Screen Writer’s strike first began, they were looking at a delay in the Emmy’s to January 2024, this is a show that normally airs in September. Now they won’t even give a date. The regular shows you watch on ABC, CBS, NBC come September – are now postponed indefinitely. The longer the strikes go on – the more likely some of these shows will skip a year, such as Will Trent, Law & Order, Chicago Fire, The Rookie, FBI, etc.

The major Networks will need to fill their fall schedules with Reality Shows, Music Concerts, Game Shows.

I believe there will be a rush on Season 11, it will not surprise me if it airs in January. The show normally airs in February and they started production later than normal. It will also not surprise me if there is more than one Vanderpump Spinoff. I can also see NBC Universal – the parent company to Bravo – showcasing Vanderpump Rules and other Bravo shows on NBC to get new viewers who have nothing else to watch on the regular networks.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I'm not sure if this will be on the spinoff or on VPR.

Brittany hosted a birthday party at home. The party was for Janet - who is on the spinoff. Kristen, Scheana, Lala were there - they all got mommy tattoos - Kristen's was her dogs initials. Not sure what Janet got - she's still pregnant.

Jax is opening a sports bar. They just started renovations and hope to open by September - it will probably be shown on the show with some sort of event at the location - even if it isn't ready - like they've done with Pump, S&S, TomToms.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

There have been rumors that Producers are mad at Ariana or that Ariana is in trouble with Production. There have also been rumors that the other female cast mates (Scheana, Lala, Katie) are mad/jealous of Ariana.

I think both are lies created by Podcasters, YouTubers, Vloggers and use as click bait to their sites.

I have a question for the boardies. How does the Bethenny clause affect the VPR crew. Specifically, does Bravo get a cut of profits from PUMP, TomToms, S&S, and SAH? These were all businesses that were conceived during the show, and Bravo filmed many scenes at those locations. Also, how abot Lala;s book and makeup line. SAH isn't opent - so they aren't getting anything yet.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There have been rumors that Producers are mad at Ariana or that Ariana is in trouble with Production. There have also been rumors that the other female cast mates (Scheana, Lala, Katie) are mad/jealous of Ariana.

I think both are lies created by Podcasters, YouTubers, Vloggers and use as click bait to their sites.

I have a question for the boardies. How does the Bethenny clause affect the VPR crew. Specifically, does Bravo get a cut of profits from PUMP, TomToms, S&S, and SAH? These were all businesses that were conceived during the show, and Bravo filmed many scenes at those locations. Also, how abot Lala;s book and makeup line. SAH isn't opent - so they aren't getting anything yet.

I think people like Lisa, Ariana, and the Toms have negotiating power, and they didn't allow their businesses to be connected to Bravo. 

As for the rumors about Ariana, I don't believe them either. Ariana, and Scandoval sell, and everybody tries to profit by using them. 

On 8/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, KungFuBunny said:

My reflexive reaction is that the producers are trying to gin up excitement for the new season.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Gharlane said:

My reflexive reaction is that the producers are trying to gin up excitement for the new season.

I read that the producers want Ariana to interact with Sandoval because they think she shouldn't be avoiding him forever. This means that they want to create drama.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

I read that the producers want Ariana to interact with Sandoval because they think she shouldn't be avoiding him forever. This means that they want to create drama.

Well but of course they would have to know that anyway - that's why we're watching after all.  If the sandwich shop ever opens and does well we can find out enough about that from an instagram post 😄

• Like 1
On 8/5/2023 at 12:48 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I think that is possible. 

Ariana is still smug, too cool for you, Ariana.  I do feel sorry for her.  However.  She's signed up for another season that will involve Sandavol.  Production wants interaction between the two and for Sandavol to interact with other cast mates.

Ariana drew a line in the sand about anybody who continues a relationship with Sandavol will no longer be interacting with her.  How does that work for Production?  Not well.

I think they gave Ariana grace when it first happened, but over time, they're going to want her to move on and not place restrictions on everyone else choosing who they want to interact with.

Sheena wants to be friends and/or get along with everybody.  She had a friendship with Sandavol. I can see her being hurt in the beginning. But Sheena is going to Sheena.  It's in her DNA to want to get along.  So now, because of Ariana's ultimatum, she has to choose.  That's going to give her heartburn.

Katie was criticized by many because she didn't want Schwartz to date in the friend group.  She didn't tell people you can't be friends with him--just don't date him.  Did Ariana stop being friends with Schwartz because Katie got fed up with Tom's cheating and just Tom being Tom?  No.  She still hung out with him.  That's going to cause heartburn.  Katie also had a front row seat to Ariana and Sandavol gaslighting Kristen.

Lala just wants ALL the attention.

Edited by dosodog
  • Like 4
  • Love 1